Ask The Fellas

@jieun96

I'm sure it's semi different for every guy, but here goes.

Cute is for when a girl is attractive, but nothing special or unique
Pretty isn't really used to often, but it essentially means the same thing as cute
Hot is when a girl is attractive and has something special or unique that takes the attractiveness to the next level

@xox_Hollistercutie_xox

Sounds like you were giving him the "back and forth", or what I would essentially call a tease. He probably got tired of it and moved on. You can either be direct or try hanging out with more often on a one on one basis.

@Chloe_addict

Definitely not normal behavior. I probably wouldn't text that to a girl unless I was either interested or worried about you (ie suicidal or something). Most likely it's the former though.

@natrualstupidity1

Messaging him twice on facebook won't really give off the impression that you like him. I wouldn't necessarily maintain distance, but avoid being overly eager. Put the ball in his court. Next time you talk to him, ask him to contact you or call you up or something.

Guest showoff

That seems extremely unprofessional of him.  If you were the victim of domestic abuse, and this officer is conducting an interview, then he comes onto you and starts saying flirty things, that is pretty much the definition of "creepy loser".  He probably sees that you're young, emotionally vulnerable, and he's in a position of authority... pretty much the worst possible way to begin a relationship.

Guest chloe_addict

Question: My guy friend and I have gotten really close since knowing each other for the past 2 months. We grab coffee, go over to his house to watch TV/hang out, go on walks, and he'll give me a ride to school. Since I feel pretty close to him, I feel like I can tell him anything so I was sharing how I sometimes get a bit stressed out/anxious about school. So the other day, he surprised me by giving me a book that he had bought for me about overcoming anxiety. He said that had helped him get through his issues. We were saying how we feel very blessed to know each other. And how he wish he'll end up working at the same or nearby hospital as me by the time we graduate.
All is great but now his gf is going to move down here to live with him next month. I am already preparing myself for the changes that will happen between us even though he insists everything will be the same. I mean, I don't imagine myself running over to his place at midnight so I can have a heart to heart chat. Or go on our walks anymore to catch up and cheer each other on from the stress of school. So how can I still be his good friend when his gf is there but at the same time be respectful of his time with his gf? Because why would he need a female friend anymore since his gf is here? My worst fear, that will break my heart, is if he will cast me aside once his gf arrives...(Also, he met me just recently while they've been together for ages which is slightly different from if I had been his childhood friend...)

So, there's this cute guy I often make eye contact with :D Sometimes he and I would look at each other in the eye for more than 3 seconds until one of us looks away or we would just meet eyes and look away. I once caught him looking at me when I was standing right in front of him, I looked at him and I saw that he averted his eyes away and I averted my eyes away as well, but then I looked at him again and I caught him looking at me AGAIN and this happened like 2-3 times where I caught him looking and then looking away when we met eye contact. Today, I finally got the courage to talk to him and everything went smoothly, I think.. He listened and answered all the things I asked him c: .. but the thing I'm really confused about is that when I was talking to him, he didn't make any eye contact with me at all, he looked straight ahead without looking at my eyes and had a 2-3 minute conversation with me. But the thing is I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign.. Should I stop trying to get to know him? or should I continue and that perhaps the reason he wasn't able to hold eye contact with me is because he's shy? I had a conversation last week with another male who also makes eye contact with me a lot but when I talked to him, he ALSO didn't make any eye contact when he was talking to me... +_+

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Going off on the "what's the difference of being cute, pretty, and hot?" question.

Is it better to be a certain one than the others? Like does being called "cute" mean that you aren't as attractive as someone called pretty or hot? Is it like a ranking?

Guest missy25

Hey there fellas. I've always believed that I love my boyfriend of 2 years so much that no matter what mistakes we make, as long as we remain committed to each other, we could work it out. But after all of the many issues we've had (he's got a rough life and a lot of issues) I am feeling lost. I always set lines that if he were to cross then we could no longer be together. Eventually, he has crossed all of my lines. Mind you, he's apologized and cried and regretted all of it. But after he has done all of those things and my trust in him is very fragile, it sounds like there is no reason for us to be together anymore but there is this little feeling deep in my heart that tells me to stay, be loyal and work it out. When he is good and focused on life, he is the best boyfriend in the world that I want to marry and make a family with but he has such a bad, selfish side that comes out under stress. In your opinion, should I stand by my man through thick and thin? Or should I just move on regardless of what that feeling in my heart says? I guess I am asking how much my loyalty through all a guys richard simmons would mean to the guy and if you believe that loyalty and commitment can bear through all of this and one day create a more fulfilled relationship?

Guest TheEmptyBunny

So I broke up with my ex over a year ago but we still kept in touch. We both decided to remain friends even though right after the break up he stopped talking to me for a few months. Then last december he started seeing a girl but he continued wanting to always see me and talk to me. I even said it was wrong since he was seeing someone else but he got all mad and said that he always wants me to stay a part of his life. Whenever we would hang out he always brings up the past between us and he'll say things like how he messed up so bad and he wishes he could have done so many things differently. Throughout the year of not being in a relationship with him but still talking to him, I gained my feelings back for him. I told him about it and I suggested that we stop talking because I didn't want to home wreck or anything. He again said I was being immature and that he and I should still talk. He always text me first and calls me first, and wants to hang out all the time. He still gets jealous when I'm with other guys and if I don't make time for him, he gets all mad. I don't understand, if he feels all that and wants us to remain so close, why doesn't he break up with his current girlfriend because he knows I would take him back? Or is he just keeping on a shelf just in case things go wrong with his girlfriend? I don't know why he's doing all this, so a guys perspective would be really helpful. 

Heu guys.I am in my first year of university,i started in september.There is this really nice guy on my course.We spoke last week during our break.it was just me him and a mutual friend of ours.Before we actually spoke, i noticed that he would look at me occasionallt.and im sure hes noticed that i lool at him too sometimes.Anyways today i was talking to our mutual friend.and I told him that i am attracted to the guy.so this mutual friend mentioned me in passing to the guy whilst they were texting about an upcoming test.The mutual friend said:oh by the way i was talking to *myname* today and she was asking about you.To this the guy replied saying: did she now? thanks for the heads up bro.My question is...what do you make of his reply? 

Guest xFloOwuffBB

xFloOwuffBB said: Going off on the "what's the difference of being cute, pretty, and hot?" question.

Is it better to be a certain one than the others? Like does being called "cute" mean that you aren't as attractive as someone called pretty or hot? Is it like a ranking?

Guest chloe_addict

I'm not a guy but my guy friends have told me it generally means:
Cute - not just the "innocent/girl next door" physical appearance of the girl that is attractive but also her personality. She's sweet, sometimes clumsy (yet oblivious to her clumsiness at times) but inspires the guy to "protect" her.
Pretty - mostly the girl's elegant physical appearance. Can be a compliment from a stranger since it doesn't require knowing the girl's personality. But if from a guy of interest/bf, it is said in awe as it inspires him to be more of a gentleman ie open the door for you. 
Hot - Guys want to bang her. 

Guest dolcedor.

xFloOwuffBB said: xFloOwuffBB said: Going off on the "what's the difference of being cute, pretty, and hot?" question.

Guest xFloOwuffBB

chloe_addict said: I'm not a guy but my guy friends have told me it generally means:
Cute - not just the "innocent/girl next door" physical appearance of the girl that is attractive but also her personality. She's sweet, sometimes clumsy (yet oblivious to her clumsiness at times) but inspires the guy to "protect" her.
Pretty - mostly the girl's elegant physical appearance. Can be a compliment from a stranger since it doesn't require knowing the girl's personality. But if from a guy of interest/bf, it is said in awe as it inspires him to be more of a gentleman ie open the door for you. 
Hot - Guys want to bang her. 

Recently my crush I've accepted my friend request on Fb. To make it clear we really don't know each others. I met him about 3 yrs ago. I happened to found him through a mutual friends on FB. Surprisingly he still remembers me. I asked a friend to talk to him cause she knows the guy. She drop in hints for me that im interested in him. My bff texted me the next day and told me that he's concurrently talking to his ex-gf. (I actually asked my bff talk to the girl that knows him and that girl will let my bff know if he's interested). Should I just ask him straight out instead of going through these two girls to get to him? I think he had already rejected me, but I want to hear it from him myself. What should I do? Should I message him or just let it go?