Ask The Fellas

Guest kpopworld92

@odaesan Well, that's unfortunate. I consider myself decent looking haha but I guess I'll befriend other people then! It's a good thing I know others in the club so I'll just strike up a convo with someone if I see him approach my friend again. Thanks for your input!

Guest DeadSmile

hi guys i need your help b/c i don't know what to do.ok so during junior year i sat next to this guy. we neevr really talked but he always talked to my friend behind me. The year passed and this year, we didn't have any classes together but we have the same free periods and i always see him. Once i was sitting by my locker and he was with his friend. I heard him say, "she;s cute" to his friend and afterwards i could feel his eyes looking at me. A second time, i went to the library and i was there with my friend. I saw him coming into the library with this girl and then he just stood at the doorway to the study room in the library where I was at. our eyes met and then i turned my head away and when i turned back, he was gone. and then a few days ago i stayed after school to get help for a test and when i left, i went to go buy something to eat near the school and i saw him again walking towards me. When i got to the subway, I saw him again.I dont really know this guy and i don't really know what to do. he's cute and all but i feel it would be awkward to approach him even though we've had class before. Do you think he likes me? What should I do..? or maybe im thinking too much..? >_>

@kpopworld92, are you planning to talk to others of spite? Talking to others as a result of him talking to your friend is like a spite move.

@DeadSmile, this is high school? This is too much. Don't worry about it. There was a girl who I thought was cute back in middle school and I didn't get a chance to talk to her but she remembered me and she talked to me in college like we were old friends. That's just life. Don't worry about high school too much. I have no idea why people put so much emphasis on it. Your entire life is not decided in high school. I talked to the girl again later by asking her how prepared she was for an upcoming test (when she was in my class). I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her these days, but that's fine. I'm not stressing over it.

Guest kpopworld92

@odaesan Oh nooo I didn't mean it that way! I might have worded my intentions wrong/not give enough details but what I mean by talking to others is that my friend and I sometimes meet up with others (like chatting in a group) and he'll approach her. I was thinking of just greeting him with a smile and then as a way of not feeling awkward, I'll just talk to others around me. I won't purposely avoid him, if that's what you think. My shy self isn't sure how to handle awkward situations haha. I didn't mean to sound spiteful~

Guest omgitscrystal

Simple question.
Do most guys behave the same way? As in, if the like a girl, they'll drop rather visible hints?

Because one of my guy friend admitted to us that he really likes one of my friend. And he isn't one who normally jokes around with these kind of relationship stuff but gosh he is not doing anything at all to make it noticeable and all of us are getting frustrated lol.

Guest babytina

started getting close to a guy at work. he's five years older than me. at first, it was just me asking for a ride to the bus stop after work, and it eventually led to him asking for my number and suggesting we should hang out. I went out with him and his best friend for beer, and it was cool. we text a lot, but we're pretty awkward when we're alone in person, it's me that's awkward (bc i'm attracted to him), and he's very friendly. he asked if i wanted to go out to drink with his friends, and after contemplating, I agreed. It was a large group, without anyone I knew, so I was pretty quiet throughout the night (but drank just as much as the guys..) towards the end of the night, we were both pretty drunk and he told me to sit next to him when I said i was cold. He offered me his jacket, and we held hands bc my hands were cold.. then, he was rubbing my thighs... he didn't move up, it was from mid-thigh to the knee area, and it didn't feel uncomfortable so I didn't stop him. after that night, we texted for a short time the morning after, but he said something in the lines of "remind me to never hang out with you again hahaha" and when I asked him "was I too sloppy?" he said "not sloppy enough lol". I told him it was bc I was uncomfortable, but our text messages pretty much died down. 
I'm confused bc i'm not sure what his intentions are. I think I made it pretty clear that I'm interested in him, but I feel like he thinks i'm just DTF or something? What should I do? Should I just confront him about what happened (and see if he even remembers) when I see him at work on Monday?

Guest mintpops

I started hanging out casually with a coworker recently, which seemed normal to me because a lot of people from work meet up with each other outside of work. But I'm not sure if I'm leading this guy on or anything - even though I basically made it clear before that I thought of us as just friends, and its known that I already gave my took weeks notice to my work and am moving across the country soon so there is no point in starting anything anyways. We definitely get along pretty well (though I think I have a pretty good rapport with most people at work), we joke around a lot and also can talk about serious things. I definitely keep a distance when we hang out and don't get too physically close to him. But he can be a little arrogant and I think he's getting the wrong idea because after we went hang out one time, he sent me a text saying he hopes we could get together one more time before I leave town and put a heart on the text. I generally don't take smilies, lol's and that sort of stuff too seriously in texts and I'm 99% sure that I'm reading too much into this, but I was just wondering if its a normal thing for guys to be randomly inserting hearts in texts to girls?

@babytina, I thought thigh rubbing was obvious. It means what you think it means.

@bdazzled, if he's not effeminate, then it's weird because it's not like some cute boyfriend and girlfriend thing. If you don't mind, could you put up a sample? If he reads forums like these, then you could send it by message here or refrain from posting it.

oooroosay said: So while i was dating my ex i would often hang out with another friend who was a guy.  (2010) 
My ex = White guy, worked a part time job while at school. had no long term goals  (my parents hated him, ESP my father)  
My guy friend = Korean guy, super duper smart, also in his mid 20s, has a full time job and graduated already. (my parents LOVED him. esp dad!) 
The korean guy would often text me and ask to go eat lunch with him during his lunch break, since he worked in an office very close to my house. He has a lot of girl friends, so i thought we were both hanging out as friends. 
So during our lunch "hangouts" we would often talk and i would complain about my ex. My friend would tell me that my ex was a creep and to break up with him. One time i told him that i was interested in moving to california (i had a full time job at the time so i had somewhat of a decent salary? .....k not really) and he said that we should both move there together..... (implying what?? i dont know)....i told him i wasn't sure if my parents would let me live by myself with another guy before getting married and he said "you should tell them you're with me! after all they love me".... which kinda??? confused me????  He would always talk about how girls "friendzoned" him too and would get REALLY excited to hang out with me.... sometimes i think or maybe i think too much and overanalyze everything bc im just LIKE that.... 
We would hang out alot but i think i pissed him off a couple times.... (idk maybe cuz im stupid and socially awkward and not as cool as he is) =( 
Anyways..... after a couple hangouts he grew more and more distant and now we dont even talk anymore. =( he still contacts me sometimes via facebook... but as for hanging out, never. 
So what happened there???
Do you think that maybe this guy WAS interested in me? or.... maybe i am thinking to much? is there any way i can start contacting him without looking desperate? or should i just let go, give up, and find someone else ? 

Guest strawberrykiwii

2 questions:
1.  You like a girl, and give her a somewhat expensive jewelry gift.  And you know FOR SURE that the girl doesn't like you back, and she accepts the gift.  How do you take that?
2.  When a guy texts a girl everyday or few times a week, with lots of :)'s :p's and sometimes, <3's.  Does he like her, or could this guy just be very friendly?

Guest georgieprod

1. You should never do that if the girl won't even look at you the same way you see her. Trying to buy her isn't a good idea either. It's really just tough richard simmons if she can't see you. 
Anyways, if the girl takes the gift without question, knowing you like her, then she isn't ready for a relationship yet, A relationship with her is bound for failure. I guess you can wait around her if you're really that into her, but beware, it's not easy.
2. All I can say is, that guy is on thin ice.

strawberrykiwii said: 2 questions:
1.  You like a girl, and give her a somewhat expensive jewelry gift.  And you know FOR SURE that the girl doesn't like you back, and she accepts the gift.  How do you take that?
2.  When a guy texts a girl everyday or few times a week, with lots of :)'s :p's and sometimes, <3's.  Does he like her, or could this guy just be very friendly?