Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

I see this new information!

Actors Joo Ji-hoon, Ko Kyu-pil and Lee Sang-yeob will appear as guests on 'Kim Nam Gil's Super Mega Great Show in the Universe to be held on Dec. 8, 2019 at the Hall of Peace, Kyunghee University, Seoul, SK.

Joo Ji Hoon is one of Kim Nam Gil's close friend in the entertainment industry. They are close enough to publicly mention each other's names in television and awards testimony. Meanwhile, Ko Kyu Pil and Lee Sang Yeob recently appeared with Kim Nam Gil in tvN's Trans-Siberian Pathfinders. Kyu Pil became friends with Kim Nam Gil through SBS drama The Fiery Priest.

20191206113910811bjsk.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=

source

• Like 1

7 hours ago, irilight said:

I see this new information!

Actors Joo Ji-hoon, Ko Kyu-pil and Lee Sang-yeob will appear as guests on 'Kim Nam Gil's Super Mega Great Show in the Universe to be held on Dec. 8, 2019 at the Hall of Peace, Kyunghee University, Seoul, SK.

Joo Ji Hoon is one of Kim Nam Gil's close friend in the entertainment industry. They are close enough to publicly mention each other's names in television and awards testimony. Meanwhile, Ko Kyu Pil and Lee Sang Yeob recently appeared with Kim Nam Gil in tvN's Trans-Siberian Pathfinders. Kyu Pil became friends with Kim Nam Gil through SBS drama The Fiery Priest.

20191206113910811bjsk.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=

source

I love Ju Ji Hoon :wub: He's top 3 of the Korean actors i love (first is Jang Hyuk and second is KimNam Gil :wub: is Jang Hyuk first because he's the first actor who took my heart :joy:). I know that Kim Nam Gil and Ju Ji Hoon are best friends and I love that :D

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 3:07 AM, irilight said:

I like them all. :D

What is Super Mega Great Show in the Universe?  Mega,  Super, Great, Universe in the same sentance? :D

It looks like it is a fan meeting and a concert.

Actor Kim Nam-gil's fan meeting 'Kim Nam-gil's strongest show in space' was held on the afternoon of December 8 at the Peace Hall in Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul. Organized by Kim Nam-gil, a non-profit private organization, Culture and Art NGO 'Gill Story', the proceeds from the event will be donated for Gilstory and public art campaigns.

cms_temp_stats_1576045148368910636.jpg

cms_temp_stats_1576045236741860254.jpg

cms_temp_stats_1576045482226713884.jpg

Spoiler

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kim Nam-gil challenges new genre with 'Closet'

d98c8c4a0ff16cb15599f63f09852e87.jpg

Kim Nam-gil, who showed unparalleled presence as a hero-type priest in SBS 'The Rising Blood Priest', won eight awards from the Prime Minister's Award at the 10th Korean Pop Culture and Arts Award, the 46th Korean Broadcasting Award, and the 'SBS Drama Awards'.
After finishing gorgeously 2019, he will continue to open the role as Kyung Hoon in the movie `` Closet ''. 'Closet' is a film about a mysterious story about a man in doubt who knows the secret of the incident after his daughter disappears without a trace.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202001080820k

January 16 2020

Main trailer & posters for movie “The Closet”

The_Closet-MP1.jpg

Main trailer and posters added for mystery film “The Closet” starring Ha Jung-Woo & Kim Nam-Gil. Above is the main poster for the film. Below are three teaser posters for the film. Caption on the main poster states in Korean “Closet door opened and a child disappeared.”

The main poster also reveals that “The Closet” will be released February 5, 2020 in South Korea.

The_Closet-TP2.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-movies/main-trailer-posters-for-movie-the-closet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3073532&cloc=joongangdaily|home|online

Your neighborhood exorcist: Kim Nam-gil’s first horror film ‘The Closet’ has him playing an unusual role

Feb 08,2020

07190939.jpg

The exorcist that actor Kim Nam-gil plays in the occult film “The Closet” is a character that’s not usually seen in normal horror films. 

“I wanted to depict Kyung-hoon [the exorcist] as realistically as possible,” the actor said in a recent interview at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, central Seoul. “I also wanted to introduce a unique character that wasn’t in previous occult films, a character that audiences can see comfortably and provides some room to breathe [in the otherwise tense atmosphere of the film].”

Kyung-hoon is an exorcist that Sang-won (played by Ha Jung-woo) enlists the help of to find his daughter, Ina, that ever-so-mysteriously went missing in his own home — which Kyung-hoon says is the work of an evil spirit who’s been kidnapping children for a decade. 

Although he has the determination to pursue the same spirit for 10 years, Kyung-hoon is still a real guy — he watches the “Along with the Gods” movies, asks Sang-hyun to upload a review of his services on his blog and occasionally slacks off while he’s at work, even if he is dealing with an evil spirit. 

There’s a cheery side and liveliness in Kyung-hoon that makes him almost cartoon-like. Kim says that may be because he created a lot of Kyung-hoon’s personality from characters in animated series and comic books.

“[Kyung-hoon’s] actions or responses might be considered funny in the audience’s eyes, but that wasn’t what I was trying to provoke,” the actor said. “I did get a lot of inspiration from comic books characters, but I also wanted him to feel real: No matter how serious the situation gets, he can’t be awake 24/7, and I didn’t think that endlessly looking for the ghost brought the tension [that the film needs].

07190946.jpg
In “The Closet,” Kyung-hoon, played by actor Kim Nam-gil, works to try to draw out the evil spirit that took Sang-won’s daughter away. [CJ ENTERTAINMENT]

“For instance, he still eats and sleeps even though he’s on the watch for the ghost, because although the situation is dead serious, this is his work, something that he tackles everyday,” Kim said. 

Before this film, Kim wasn’t a big fan of horror or occult films. 

“I saw ‘The Omen’ [1976] without knowing that it was a horror film,” Kim confided. “Mind you, I still can’t stand in the middle of the elevator because of that.”

But Kim still saw the movies that the director Kim Kwang-bin recommended such as “It” (2017) and “Annabelle” (2014).

“Other actors told me that filming a horror film isn’t scary at all, and they were right,” Kim said. “We filmed it as if we were shooting a comedy film. I think [from now on] I will be able to see occult and horror films more comfortably knowing what elements or concepts were used.” 

Another difference in the film which was emphasized throughout the press events is that the actors contributed a lot of their thoughts and ideas from the beginning of the production process. 

“[Ha and I] revised the script together with the director, and from the start, we wanted the film not to be just scary, but also to be a drama that can people could sympathize with. Director Kim would share everything with us — from the casting [of child actors] and making the spells. I think the director made sure that the actors were comfortable about the overall tone, atmosphere, setting and concept of the film [instead of just being familiar with their characters]. In a way, [Ha and I] were like producers too.”

The actor also talked about his satisfaction in how the film came out. 

“I liked that the film was short and concise,” he explained. “Not all films have to carry a meaningful message, but I still liked that [our film did]. Occult films usually have a gloomy, open ending, but in ‘The Closet,’ the story is complete; there is a tone of finality in it.” 

Although “The Closet” is very much a horror story, as the narrative develops, it also probes into the sensitive social issue of child abuse when the duo finds out that the so-called “evil spirit” has a heartbreaking past — the spirit was once a little girl named Myung-jin who was killed by her father. Since then, the ghost has been taking children who want to get away from their homes, including Ina when Sang-won neglects her due to his busy work. 

“The meaning of the word ‘child abuse’ has changed over generations to carry multiple meanings — hitting is not the only form of abuse that children receive anymore,” Kim said. “Our film isn’t the kind to assign fault or reprimand anyone, but we wanted to show and make the audience understand why Myung-jin did what she did.”

The actor is always up for a new challenge, but his fans like him best in romance flicks. In fact, Kim’s first big breakthrough was in the hit drama series “The Great Queen Seondeok” (2009) on MBC, in which he portrays the role of Bidam, the queen’s most trusted subject, who also happens to be romantically involved with her. 

Kim says that he is always open to the genre, but also admitted that it’s been a long time since he saw “a true romantic romance” role that he wanted to portray. 

“But I still think that there is a different romantic side of me that I could show to the public, a kind that ripens with age,” Kim said. “As for my counterpart, I don’t have a preference, but I want it to be someone who I can really talk to about acting, someone flexible and open.” 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.. just signed up to post on the shipping paradise for Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin and saw that the thread is closed.

Really wish they make a romantic drama again together.

Everybody is shipping SYJ with HB but I feel KNG is better suited. He’s more lively and likes to joke around, and he doesn’t seem to care about his image, he just want to show that he care for SYJ

Sorry if this is not the place to say this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Hihi, i've joined the hype of KNG after watching LYTUN, TFP and Trans-Siberian Pathfinders! I've ought to know such a talent earlier! The first actor who made me watch korean dramas hahaha. Thankful for this forum as it has shared a lot of english sub articles and information, allowing international fans like me to know him better. Agreed that 2019 is a lucky year for the fans as we get to see him more often! 

However, it seems that this forum has gone quieter, not sure if anyone is still active here? 

• Like 2

Kim Nam Gil In Talks For Film Starring Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, And Jeon Do Yeon

Mar 30, 2020
by C. Hong

e4b7761dda66496a83f146a43383dfce.jpeg?s=

Kim Nam Gil may be joining the star-studded cast of “Declaration of Emergency” (literal title)!

On March 30, a source from C-JeS Entertainment told MBN Star, “He is positively reviewing the casting offer for the film.”

In other news, one of the film’s investors recently confirmed to Ilgan Sports that the movie will delay filming due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Filming was originally scheduled to begin sometime in March. The source said, “The [new] filming schedule has not yet been set. They plan to reschedule after seeing how the situation develops. This is absolutely unrelated to any issues with the cast.”

“Declaration of Emergency” is a new film from Han Jae Rim (“The Face Reader,” “The King“) and the title refers to an aviation term that is used when a pilot determines that normal operation of a plane is no longer possible in the face of disaster and announces the need for an urgent landing at all costs.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1391388wpp/kim-nam-gil-in-talks-for-film-starring-song-kang-ho-lee-byung-hun-and-jeon-do-yeon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Waves to everybody
I hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

Thank you for the updates,  @Helena@larus.

Welcome, @Fangirl, @Cal. Great to have you join us.

I just saw confirmation of cast or the new movie.

Action Thriller Korean Movie "Emergency Declaration"  confirms cast of Song Kang-Ho, Lee Byung-Hun, Jeon Do-Yeon, and Kim Nam-Gil.

Full article here:
http://koalasplayground.com/2020/03/30/action-thriller-k-movie-emergency-declaration-confirms-cast-of-song-kang-ho-lee-byung-hun-jeon-do-yeon-and-kim-nam-gil/

asas.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200401000816

Filming suspended indefinitely as COVID-19 spreads

By Choi Ji-won | Apr 1, 2020

54459489-431-F-4-AE4-90-A2-5-B2999-FFF69

Actors Lee Byung-hun (left) and Ha Jung-woo attend a press conference for the film “Ashfall” in Seoul on Nov. 19, 2019. Lee and Ha have been cast for upcoming films “Emergency Declaration” and “Kidnapped,” respectively. (Yonhap)

The impact of the novel coronavirus on the film industry may continue into early next year, as films not only postpone imminent releases, but suspend shootings and push back entire production schedules.

Filming of blockbuster aviation disaster flick “Emergency Declaration,” originally scheduled to start last month, has been postponed, according to the film’s distributor and investor Showbox.

“As the film is set inside a plane, it’s a big project in itself and requires more preparations compared to other films. With the coronavirus outbreak continuing, we have decided to take things more slowly,” a Showbox official told The Korea Herald on Wednesday, adding it is undecided when the shooting would start.

Helmed by director Han Je-rim of “The King” (2017) and “The Face Reader” (2013) and featuring a star-studded cast of Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yon and Kim Nam-gil, the film was a highly anticipated action-disaster flick.

Films with overseas sets have been hit hard by the COVID-19 spread, as travel has become restricted. 

Last week, the crew and cast of “Bogota,” including lead actor Song Joong-ki, returned from Colombia as filming was suspended. The crime flick about a Korean man who moves to the South American country was expected to be shot mostly in Colombia.

“The entire ‘Bogota’ team is returning as of now. Their safety is of the utmost priority and we will decide on how to proceed with the shootings while monitoring the situation,” the film’s distributor Megabox Plus M said last week.

“Kidnapped,” starring Ha Jung-woo and Ju Ji-hoon, also put an early hold on the film's production in Morocco. Filming was scheduled to have started in March, but no new schedule has been decided on for now, the film’s distributor Showbox said. 

Producers of the blockbuster “Negotiations,” featuring Hyun Bin and Hwang Jung-min, have tentatively called off filming in Jordan, proceeding with scenes in Korea first.

9702-E854-56-B1-4-D4-C-A0-FE-9-DEA5-E720
Actors Hwang Jung-min (left) and Hyun Bin are expected to star in an upcoming film "Negotiation." (Yonhap)

Yet even films being shot in Korea are finding it difficult to continue. A studio complex operated by the Korea Creative Content Agency in Daejeon -- Studio Cube -- reports seeing cancellations since the outbreak of the virus early this year.

“The six studios in the complex were reserved for nearly 1,600 days (total between them) last year, but we’re expecting less than 1,000 days for this year. Even that might be difficult,” an official from Studio Cube told The Korea Herald.

“Although we’re supported by the government, regarding the operations of the studios, the impact (from COVID-19) is huge even for us, and probably even worse for private studios,” the official said.

According to the official, two of the four big productions that had planned to use the studio this year had canceled reservations.

As the public is told to stay away from mass gatherings, locations often used for film shoots -- schools, hospitals and government properties -- are increasingly refusing to allow filming on site as it typically involves around 100 people gathering.

Meanwhile, Korean cinemas are seeing the lowest audience numbers in decades.

According to Korea Film Council data, around 1.83 million people visited the cinema last month. This is the lowest figure in KOFIC’s data since 2004, and nearly one-eighth of the number of people who went to the movies in the same period last year. 

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

movie1.gif EMERGENCY DECLARATION movie thread HERE 

April 6, 2020

Exclusive Casting

Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Nam Gil & Im Si Wan: High expectation for EMERGENCY DECLARATION

Source:  STARNEWS via K-Drama News! @kdrama_news

The casting of Director Han Jae Rim's new 'Emergency Declaration' is being completed with an impressive studded lineup that is hard to see in Korean films.

According to the film industry on the 6th, Im Si Wan recently decided to appear in the 'Emergency Declaration' and is proceeding with the production details. 'Emergency Declaration' is a film based on the aviation disaster, a Korean-style blockbuster with a production cost of over 20 billion won.

In the initial stage of 'Emergency Declaration', actors Song Kang Ho and Lee Byung Hun who have confirmed to appear with interest in the planning scenario quickly garnering attention & focus within and around the Korean film industry. Song Kang Ho and Lee Byung Hun, the Korean movie top stars who are recognized around the world beyond Korea, will collaborate again with the 'Emergency Declaration', after their hit movies 'Joint Security Area JSA', and 'The Good, The Bad and The Weird'.

Cast later was Cannes best actress Jeon Do Yeon who confirmed to join, and recently, Kim Nam Gil also joined the 'Emergency Declaration' and these addition have further attracted fans' hot interest. 

While the devastating pandemic Covid-19 is causing setbacks in various movie filming and other activities, the production of 'Emergency Declaration' is being prepared gradually. Indeed, attention is drawn from the production of whether the 'Emergency Declaration', with acting powerhouse and star-studded lineup of Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Nam Gil and Im Si Wan, will bring vitality back to the Korean film industry.

41 minutes ago, Ryza Velasquez said:

Hello! I am a new fan of KNG. Do you know any sites where i can watch life bar with eng subs for kng eps? Thanks 

Sorry I don`t know. If you are in the right region (North/ South America) you could try OneDemandKorea.

There are some sites (not leggit) that have variety shows but I don`t know if you could find old episodes with translations. If not, just try little cut scenes on You Tube. Good luck.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Ryza Velasquez said:

Hello! I am a new fan of KNG. Do you know any sites where i can watch life bar with eng subs for kng eps? Thanks 

Hello there.  I'm glad that you are a new fan of Kim Nam Gil :wub: I hope that you are gonna enjoy his work. 

I don't think that Life bar has English subtitles. I have searched to and I didn't find anything with subtitles. 

Have a great day. :D

Hi, i am a new fan of KNG as well. I finally became a full fledged fan of him after watching him in TFP very recently. Actually this is not the first time I got interested in him as three years ago I first discovered him in LUTYN. But at that time I was still really unfamiliar with the dynamics of fangirling actors and as I watched more and more dramas, my attention started to drift away from him until I had completely forgotten about him. However one day in 2020, I had the sudden urge to watch TFP out of nowhere and being on netflix makes it easier to watch. I binged through everything and finally this time, I fell in love with him for the second time. Since then, in the span of less than one month, I have watched every single movie and drama he appeared of dating from 2010 and above except The Sound of Flower. During this period my interest in him skyrocketed so high that it's safe to say I'm completely smitten by him. As I watched him, I discovered his amazing traits and I fell so hard for him even more and more. I was really hoping to find an active discussion of him in this forum but I guess this forum is too quiet:sweat:

Is there a place where KNG is actively discussed ?