Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

@jelly hahha you don't have to apologise!! Yeah it's a shame that it wasn't available on viki or dramacool at the time, but pleasently suprised that it did very well for a cable tv drama, I wonder why they didn't go on a reward vacation?? It did very well ratings wise so shouldn't it warrant for a reward vacation?? Or am I missing anything here?? Yeah I think it's a conscious decesion to not take up romantic genres and in Korean films there is very few you can call are romantic genres, some films would have romance but thats just a part of it, as opposed to your dramas where the plot is driven by romance if that makes sense?? Hoping he takes up Island, and he makes good on that promise, because we fans haven't forgotten Mr KNG about agreeing you to take up a romantic plot next!!

Hahahaha TFP had no scope of romance at all because of his profession maybe if he quit being a priest and went back to the NIA (which I was secretly hoping for) because the tension between the priest and prosecutor was really something and she not leaving a chance to praise his looks didn't help...well the international community did miss out on a gem like TFP, glad it did so well in Korea, I actually dig Koreans choices when it comes to movies/dramas than the I community, Koreans look like they have high standards in that department!! Yeah the STRUGGLE IS REAL atleast now it's a little better because we get Eng subs for his recent appearences but it's a shame we are able to miss out on his past interviews/variety appearences/fan meet etc .Yeah it did look like the shark ratings kinda traumatized him and he was reluctant to get into the drama world and hence it took him years to choose one, the ratings weren't actually that bad it did get double digits but it wasn't at the top so I wouldn't actually say it flopped , just did average but he must have had very high expectations since the FL is also very popular but I guess alot of people were watching Suzy's drama then (she was very popular then) . Oh yeah I did hear that he turned down an opportunity to work with JNR, I guess the poor man was still going through a bad face then.. Yeah it's actually quite tedious to do a drama when compared to a film, so it's good he is in film land more and it's not easy to break it there, there are many popular k drama actors "hallyu stars" even who couldn't or found it hard to make a presence in the film world so I am glad that he did and compared to other top actors he has a pretty good balance between movies and dramas so that's cool too , I think the lines between films and dramas will blur out eventually with how k dramas are being watched globally, heavy investments pouring in, there is no comprise on quality etc and as actors age they look at dramas as an alternative too!! Look at Hwang Jung min returning to dramaland with Hush...yeah CSW is a movie actor too who has given us some memorable ones and he seems to be active in k drama lately, Bae Doona as well!!

Yeah Island can do alot of things for him positively, there are many reasons as to why needs to accept that role...I just wish we got some update even if its a rejection, the wait is killing me!!

Yeah you will see a more down to earth easy going KNG in G.S, I am a sucker for slice of drama so it was nice to see him in that role, however he has a painful past and life in that as well , it's a good watch , highly recommend and you will see fetus KNG and KMH:joy: yeah though I might not always agree, I actually respect his choices, he made it taking a tough route as opposed to an easier more predictable one, I'll give him that!! Yeah he has been collecting younger fans as he is growing which is funny because in his younger years I saw more ajhumma fans and now I see highschoolers, college goers and women in their 20s appreciating him more lol..wonder how he feels about that?? I am sure he appreciates and likes it!!

I can actually see him ending up with a popular one too, he is a very charming guy and he is up there too, yeah there are high chances of a non celeb too just looking at the track record of other actors and since he values his privacy and is non glam kinda person, it looks highly possible!!

He was really cool to watch on K ocean, a super down to earth, responsible, very caring, hilarious, simple man with simple needs kind of guy there is no air of celebrity syndrome in him..he can really live with basic stuff and the man can lead a group and be authorative (in a good way of course) when he wants to be, he can get really serious when he wants to!! Yeah I thought LSY and YYS are close to PSW hence they were invited (I didn't watch all the episodes yet) YYS he must know him from MITH, YYS is I think is close to PSW and have worked together before?? Not sure, but yeah KNG is super friendly so I am not suprised here, he might be friends with half the industry at this point!!Oh I had no idea YYS and JJH are buddies lol... recently JJH revealed an anictode about him and JWS when he went to the latter's place, so these two are also friends....Yeah PSW looks like a friend who genuinely cares for him, he even agreed to do the reality show though the man his sea sickness, it's even sweet of KNG to appear in a Cameo in his latest realse!! Yeah I am glad he came on the show and talked about his worries and was being very honest about the stuff he has gone through, it's really a shame that there are no Eng subs as of yet...

Yeah SYJ has won at life, both these men are known for their good personalities though they have a contrasting personality too...looks like her standrads are high (as she should) oh wow we would have got KNG in Asura daaamn that's why JJH thanked him at an award function, KNG wasn't there at the moment though, I would have love to have seen his reaction to it but glad he picked out Pandora and that right there tells you he is more into picking projects which are special to him over the ones which would give him popularity!! Yeah JJH has that energy going on for him, love watching his interviews a very witty man,I would love to know the crackhead energy would be when these two meet ,as both of them are super talkative and they keep telling that it is the other who is more talkative lol..oh I had no idea KJW and JJH were friends and he helped JJH when he was broke, very sweet of the man!! JJH is a really hard worker and yes he did have a pretty big scandal but he has shown remorse and reflected on it and had been working really hard to make up for all that time he had lost, he would have been a hot selling actor long time back if that scandal didn't happen, so I'll give him that!! Oh I had no idea it was JJH who introduced KNG to HJW, hahah anyone who comes into contact with him have the same thing to say, his image is all a lie, I find it cute that he carries choclate milk while at drinking parties, I swear he is really a precious person who needs to be protected at all costs:wub: Yeah KDW is someone who is known to hang out with non celeb friends and hang out with people behind the scenes than actors, he also has no female friends, I know he and Won Bin are best buddies and he and Gong Yoo are related, yeah I guess they are just soccer buddies there were other celebs in the team as well...I don't think they play it anymore, atlea st not the same team!!

Yeah that's why that period was called the golden years of k-pop, alot of male female interactions and collabs, it was a fun time!! Yeah the industry is definitely a wild place , just imagine being surrounded by the most good looking people around and your at the age were your young , wild and free sparks are bound to fly....Yeah IA  children shouldn't be blamed for the fault of their parents', the parents should be blamed and take responsibility, just because she is famous she becomes an easy target, it sucks!! Yeah he low key flirts....yeah his bad guy scenes with OYS is so cute, her reaction though:joy:

That young fan is really an MVP, she was pretty brave to admit all those and very direct too, I have never seen him this flustered, the way he answered that she would first have to ask her parents permission and maybe ask when she is of legal age(I guess she was still in high school at the time) Yeah he seems to know what his fans want...

Yeah I think on TSPF he did disclose how they got to know each other , I kinda forgot will have to go back and see that episode!! Yeah it's a very small industry, they all run into each other at some point, yeah there is definitely heirarchy and I would say gangs as well or more like their own cricles and actor's who belong to that circle often work in the same project's!! Yeah an actor like LMH and KNG normally don't have to audition, however I really respect LMH for auditioning it shows that he is a down to earth person and hasn't let fame get to him, KNG is alao someone like that so I don't think he would have a problem if such a situation arises and these projects will do him good!!

Yeah but I rather him working with his level of actors as opposed to idol actors who are hot or trending atm , internationally they might be popular but get alot of flake in Korea!! Yeah the seolhyun part still cracks me up, it was such a random pairing, I wonder what was going on in the directors mind while casting them, even at the press conference and during promotions he kept a safe distance from her, did you notice??

Yeah he did brag about working with JDY to Suzy lol he is such a kid, she is a hardwoker for sure , I think they didn't have any scenes together in the movie, there are very few photos of KNG promoting the movie too!! Yeah him being paired opposite younger/trending stars mean that he is still hot selling and honestly like you mentioned SYJ is a very good actress herself, she has got range and with her latest show alot of international popularity as well so it will all come into play, I'm Siwan on the other hand is one of the very few idol turned actor I really like, I now completely forget that he was once in a kpop group, loved him since Misaeng and he is doing well in movies too, grooming Chungmuro!! So this combo should aldready be one to watch out for plus to seal the deal we have KNG!! Ikr, it would be a visual treat to watch them and KNG is such a good kisser plus her kissing scenes in IONTBO was haaaaawt...I am just getting excited at the thought of it!!If they can pull out a Secretary Kim kinda romance that will be the DEATH OF ME.....

Yeah all that attention he got because of TFP it looked like each time he was called on stage he just couldn't get used to it and was so shy and awkward like some kind of a rookie lol, he needs to give himself more credit than he does...but that's what makes him endearing as well his down to earth nature, that wink of his really has the power to bring about WORLD PEACE.....he looked super adorable and embarrassed at the same time doing it, lol...Yeah he said his butt is the most attractive part because it's tight (lmao) and he does have a cute butt ( I have watched the movie so I can attest),

Michael Angelo as in the sculpture...lol that man can say the most random things I swear, yeah Chungmuro actors often don't shy away from showing nudity on screen, KNG has also shown in few movies so it wouldn't suprise me if he does it in the future as well and he is a very broad minded individual, I don't even think he even cares about all of it , if the movie demands it he will do it...yeah I mean a PCW movie, that's aldready a WIN!! Yeah now I wish we had more JDY KNG intimate scenes, curse you director...that scene were KNG is lying and JDY helps him remove his shirt, daaaaamn he looked so hot :wub:

KNG casually talked to the fan, lol...he did appear on variety shows post QSD but yeah very few of them, he told he had wanted to do something like this (travelling)for the longest time. I actually had no idea who this LSY was, but the guy is dorkier than KNG, he looked sorted at first glance but he definitely lightened up and entertained the viewers upon his arrival!! Seems like a very sweet guy, he is very likable too , I started searching about him

and it's through this show I got intrested in LSY!!

It's good that he doesn't drink or avoids drinking, with Korea's drinking culture I wonder how they even have a fully functional liver with all that drinking going around.and as you age it has more affects and does more harm than good, it may all be good in the moment but there are long term repercussions ( everything done withing a limit is good) yeah he has been talking about his ailments for years, I hope he takes it easy and I see alot of fans share the same sentiment that he masks all that pain with a smile , hope he is in.a better place surrounded by good /supportive people!! Yeah he gets along with men and women alike and sometimes even way too close and touchy, his firey priest co star recalled an incident that these guys had to shoot late and KNG recommended and insisted that he and KNG stay in a hotel together (lol) it was revealed in TFP special episode, at that time they were all laughing but I thought KNG must feel lonely inside!!

Yeah her background is very impressive, hence anyone who ends up with her is indeed a lucky person, hahahha I don't know I mean she is no doubt a beauty but she was already in a relationship when she met KNG, and on the  Shark set he clearly wasn't attentive to miss honey (lol) that's why I am actually suprised that these two are close, it's maybe that Busan awards where they walked hand in hand which helped in growing their friendship...yeah I am sure as a man and a straight one at it he must have been attracted to beautiful actresses, yeah it's really unfortunate I mean 7 years is a long time!!IA he shines when he does action roles, he has a body of an action star, how do I put it?? His moves are so graceful that it's a treat to watch him kick some RickRoll'D!!

Go ah Sung reacted that way to KNG exercising at random times ?? Lmao , now I want to see that!! 

Yeah I read that interview too and that's why I think deep down he knows he is all of that lol but yeah how is he going to say it?? He used to be more confident when he was younger about his looks but I don't know as years went on his confidence in the looks department started dwindling...wonder why because he only got better with age of anything!! Yeah I think TFP will always be very special to him and that he has mentioned on various occasions, they had a blast during the reward vacation as well, he mentioned the whole cast of TFP they were all in a stage at life were theuy were unsure and gave their best hence maybe why he felt so connected to all of them, because all of them shared the same concern?? I am sure he enjoyed shooting LUTYN as well , infact MGY even mentioned that she sometimes contacts KNG when she is stuck with a scene and asks him his suggestion and how he would go about it, the director looked super chill too!! WAIT WHO IS THIS RECEPTIONIST/HELPER YOUR TALKING ABOUT?? I WANT TO KNOW....... Who knows if he has been offered but the man has rejected them, he normally doesn't like to repeat genres!!

Yeah I think she has had a series of bad luck, pretty sad!! Yeah they did lool like and it's been 4 years aldready?? So I guess maybe there was nothing or they chose not to act on it and it was just in the heat of the moment type!!

Yeah I love HJM too, just by looking at her she gives that very sweet girl next door aura, her co stars also seem to like her, since she has expressed her desire to work with him it would be nice to see them work in a project, she is also a top level actress'and around the same age so they are equals In that aspect as well!! I think this is how he is with the ladies, just reading him supporting causes like women welfare and he talking about women and child abuse and stigma surrounding divorced women, and his message to the women camera director...he is super respectful to his co stars as well, and when in love he is totally WHIPPED....I want WHIPPED KNG to make a comeback, the woman he ends up tying the knot too is really blessed!!

His friend.was actually occupied with something so he offered to do it for him lol, very sweet of him but yeah.....yeah he has been into alot of social activities and charities since his Lee Han days!! He really is a sensitive and emotional person....I have huge respect for this man, he really is a rare gem

Yeah that ten years older had me shocked , I was like woaaaaaaah...that's literally my mom's age lol, yeah he clearly had/has a noona syndrome quite evident when they shot Bad boys and he didn't hesitate to choose Lee Young ae as his ideal type (even though she was married) and he recalled how when he found out that she was getting married went out to drink lol....( Straight out from a movie like scene)

Yeah I will always be salty about Handmaiden, however like you said it didn't totally go unnoticed infact it did get good international coverage and love and Koreans appreciated it as well, Parasites win also got it some attention!! Yeah they have been many incidents where people have said the same thing about JWS, he ia charitable as well...I am just  salty about the way he treated his ex( but that's another story altogether) yeah unfortunately it's not available in my region, but I'll search in other sites, should be available somewhere as there are quite a few of them who have watched it!!

Yeah wonder which agency he would join!! Yeah I actually heard that he would be taking a break and concentrating on his social works but he is booked and busy this year so I guess that was false news?

Yeah that song he sang on MITH he has sung the same song waaay back, I think before he shot to fame and he even cried, I am guessing it was a pretty special women and a bad break up, he always said that things would lead to a break up as the other party wanted marriage as they were older , so maybe he still remembers and longs for that person??

PS- he wanted to do a movie like John Wick, I knew I stanned a man of culture, please give him a role like that please....he would totally suit it

Source:https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/cCpm1Ojfzr

스포츠한국

[Exclusive]'Night Trip' starring Ha Jung-woo and Kim Nam-gil, Crank-in in Chuncheon on the 21st

Reporter Mo Shin-jeong, Sports KoreaInput 2021.01.22.15:30Revision 2021. 01. 22. 17:00
Summary view
Listen to your voice
Translation settings
Adjusting the font size

Ha Jung-woo, Kim Nam-gil, and Ju Da-in (pictured from left)/Picture = Sports Korea DB, Plain TPCView larger image

Ha Jung-woo, Kim Nam-gil, and Ju Da-in (pictured from left)/Picture = Sports Korea DB, Plain TPC

[Sports Korea Reporter Mo Shin-jung] The movie'Night Trip' starring Ha Jung-woo, Kim Nam-gil, Ju Da-in, and Jeong Man-sik was cranked in on the 21st.

On the 21st, CEO Han Jae-deok of Man Pictures, the production company of'Night Haeng' (directed by Kim Jin-hwang), posted several photos on his SNS along with the article'#Night Haeng #Crankin'. The photos released by a representative include a slate with the names of director Kim Jin-hwang, director of director Jin-hwang Kim, and cinematographer Park Jung-hoon in charge of filming, and the background of the movie.

An official of'Night Haeng' told Sports Korea on the 22nd, "On this day, the first filming of'Night Haeng' was held in Chuncheon. The first shooting of the lead actor Ha Jung-woo was made."

'Night Trip' depicts the story of various human groups who follow the truth of the case after a murder case similar to a novel by a best-selling author. Ha Jung-woo was from a good gangster, but he took on the role of Min-tae, who gave up his life as a gangster and lives as a construction worker. One day, when his younger brother suddenly goes missing, he is a person who pursues the reality of the case.

Kim Nam-gil, who took the second breath after Ha Jung-woo and'Closet' with'Night Trip', took on the role of best-selling writer Ho Ryeong. He has gained the reputation of a best-selling author with one novel called'Night Haeng' from an unknown artist and walks on a tantan street.

Judah-in plays the role of the wife of the murder victim, and Jung Man-sik plays the role of the gangster boss.

The movie'Night Haeng', starring Ha Jung-woo, Kim Nam-gil, Ju Da-in, and Jeong Man-sik, is the first original film released by Kakao M. Director Kim Jin-hwang of'The Shepherds' directed and directed the films'New World','Daeho','Rudder', ' Man Pictures, who produced'Asura' and'Duke', were in charge of the production. The distribution was recently decided by Megabox.

The movie'Night Trip' is planned to continue filming for three months in Chuncheon and Hongcheon, Gangwon-do.

@jelly I think it's his mysterious aura that has actually helped us in having such in depth convos, lot of assumptions/ point of view can be shared and if perspectives are different then there is nothing like it!! Yeah I am glad too that your an open minded individual, it makes for a more interesting and fascinating conversation..

Ok why would drama fever do that at the time when it was supposed to air?? uggghhh... Normally guriella date is for promoting movies (I may be wrong), because the ones I have watched over the years have been only for movies, so I can see why LUTYN wasn't discussed much however the host did mention that his drama was currently airing too and he was shooting for the same?? He looked really skinny there :( Yeah it deserved double digit ratings, however DDR was very rare at the time especially for cable channel, and like you said it wasn't even heavily promoted, so keeping all those factors in mind it did great (yaaaay for KAJ, I am sure she would have been so glad). Ah I wish they went on that reward vaca, we might have got some crumbs maybe?? It's a shame he had work back to back. Yeah the immigrant story was really touching, that's what I loved about LUTYN though it was a light rom com it had some issues which was highlighted and lessons to be learnt, loved that about the show and I have noticed Namgils shows are like that!!

Yeah he did express that he wanted to work on as many projects as he can and with many co stars , so I guess this is his way of relieving stress by drowning it all while working!! Yeah IA , definitely LUTYN did help lighten his image, I mean the ones close to him know that he the man is a clown in real life (lol) but it was a pleasent suprise to the viewers, it paved the way for his further projects and I am sure he values this project because it was very successful as well and after what happened with Shark, this was what he had been waiting for , it's a shame they did him dirty in the award ceremonies and couldn't give him a nomination even.... I'll always be bitter about it, because his character had so much range and the man atleast deserved a nomination!! Yeah glad he put on some weight, he looked the right amount of healthy in TFP, I think the hit and run case he was a victim of before he shot to fame was more of a permanent damage and since then he has had issues and needs to be extra careful :(

I think he is more drawn to tragic stories, I'm a sucker for tragic and bitter sweet stories as well, I mean I don't think he strikes me as someone who is reluctant to take projects to avoid dating rumours, I mean as an actor you should be ready to face all of this, it's a part and parcel, so him letting go of projects due to fear of dating rumours , I am not very sure about it...he seems like someone who wouldn't do a show like DOTS, SG, Goblin, BOF types (makjang) LUTYN was a mature love story and that's the reason I really loved it, around the 2000s makjang dramas were the flavour...yeah pre Bidam, he did more slice of life kinda dramas, you might want to check them out (but he was more of a second lead) in G.S he has quite alot of scenes though....Yeah his hit and run case was very unfortunate and very sad too, it still looks like he is suffering physically from it, he couldn't serve as an active soldier in the military but became a public service worker, he even recieved a medal for it ( there is a video of him during the military, you can see the man has qualities that of a leader and when he is serious it's best you don't mess with him at the time:P). I wonder if he enlisted early how would his career path look?? The thing is we might assume that maybe he would have got way more recognition etc if things would have fallen into place early however it there are quite many who hit it off gold when they debuted and in the earlier years but slowly faded away later in their careers?? I mean it would actually be great if he did get that recognition and more better projects in his earlier years but I like the way his journey has panned out and though the man was a late bloomer In the industry the fact that he is still going strong makes me happy and he is only getting better in terms of project deals

Yeah his dynamic with SSR was fun to watch, SSR was like a fanboy and KNG couldn't help but oblige, that badminton showdown was hilarious!! It's the only episode of MITH I watched completely ( no prize for guessing the reason) , he literally became one of them in that episode, that flick to the head reminds me of BTS scenes of TFP where after beating the bad guy he would rush to them and see if they were hurt in the process ( my heart :tears:). There was one other scene in MITH where he covered a member with a blanket,because the member was sleeping without a blanket when KNG woke up...Yeah he also said the same thing in TSPF that he has no problem travelling in Metro's because he often takes them back home and I thought wow this guy is really something, I mean in an age like this and with his star power??? Yeah IA his humble background and begginings has sure helped him stay down to earth!! Hahhha yeah I remember, when the MC reffered to him as Hallyu star he got flustered and was quick to dismay it and replied that would be someone like LMH, funny how KNG and LMH go way back as they worked in a movie together (they literally looked like long lost brothers :P ). I can't imagine anyone doing Bad guys other than Mr Namgil, that explains why Personal taste and Bad guys were actually being shot around the same time , infact KNG made a cameo in Personal taste in his Bad guys Avatar (he was shooting for bad guys at the time and had taken a break , I guess the directors of PT must have approached him and asked his permission since they were shooting in the same cafe) some people say the cameo was accidental, either ways that cameo was hilarious, he looked so sexy sitting there!!!! Yeah TFP started gaining momentum in terms of ratings, especially for an SBS show it did very well since SBS shows lately have been struggling with ratings, I remember their rating promise and how Lee Honey actually lied down on the floor during the sucess party, I swear the women is a sweetheart!! IA infact I like his physicality in TFP the best, he was at his best at the time physically, lean but toned and I can't believe I was simping over a priest lol...

Yeah even while preparing his character Bidam he took inspiration from one of the characters from the anime "Slam Dunk"( one of my first and fav animes of all time), it's a rather interesting approach...him going and reading comic books comfertably seated lol, the man is such a kid at heart and I love that about him, they say you should never let go of the kid in you and Namgil looks like someone who has never let that part go even though he has been through alot.... I say Mr Namgil why just limit it to Christmas?? Can we have it for all the other major festivals as well :P

Yeah CF's are easy money, infact alot of stars like SHK, LMH, Suzy, Gong Yoo etc make alot just by doing CF's and Won Bin has only been doing CF's since his hiatus, KNG had quite a good amount of them and some popular ones too once he gained sucess however I think now he is not much into it??  I don't know because due to his recent revival and surge in popularity must have got him good deals ( I did see some pictures where he was posing with some cars, did he have a car commercial?) , So I think he is purposely staying away from them or he does the ones which he thinks is worth?? Given that he chooses his project's also in the same way?? Actually on the SYJ part most of her dramas did poorly/average it's only her recent drama which actually did well , her drama record has not been very good but yeah I understand she is bankable and people were anticipating the drama but unfortunately people were more invested in the Suzy/LSG drama at the time and IA the genre itself was slowly dying and people were like KNG in a revenge drama again?? Quite suprised...Yeah I guess the dramas he rejected after Shark he really didn't lose out on any of them, it's good that he made a Cb with LUTYN, it did him well!!

It's great that there are new laws in place to protect the artists/workers in the ent industry and prevent exploitation, I still here news though that artists collapsing at filming sets and being rushed to the hospital (yesterday there was news that Han So Hee was rushed to the hospital while working due to injuries and strain), I still think they have along way to go on that front!!

Yeah lately korean films are more commercial, less risks/expirements and more focus on commercial gains, it's pretty sad and Namgil did do very offbeat kind of movies in the past but yeah IA I think he will play safer from now on, which I don't know how to feel about because yes it will bring him that success and money too but that was what actually set him apart in the first place, atleast we can make peace with the fact he has done such movies in the past which we can look back to...Yeah it's the same guys who are moving in the film industry, the industry lacks fresh faces and talent, but the names you have mentioned above are all veteran in the industry who are known for their top notch acting skills and have ticketing power, so I can see why directors want to cast them!! The woman do have it bad, I think it's the same across the globe for women...in the k industry unless your JDY,SYJ,Bae Doona,GHJ and a few others the roles are not big or any importance for a female character/ lead and is always reduced to something very irrelevant to the plot, it's pretty sad and unfortunate at the same time..I hope we have more films like SUNNY with a female ensemble in the future, we see that with males I wonder what's stopping the directors from doing the same for females as well with a female centric plot!! Yeah I am glad too he took the film route, it's actually more tougher to break in the film world than the drama so I am glad he found a good foothold there and is pretty active in that sphere, I recommend he actually stay there and work with good directors and actors when the opportunity so arises and venture into dramas in like about every 2-3 years or so to keep the interest?? Film actors are regarded more and I still am waiting for a PCW and BJH film, somanifestingt that.....!!!yeah it's getting better for the drama world as well with the advent of streaming platforms plus now with k content being the flavour investments are pouring in and there is no holding back in terms of quality!! Yeah Hush is doing pretty badly in terms of ratings I guess and the thing is HJM has returned to the small screen after a very long time so I guess that's a factor as well, he should have been a little more active and gone back and forth that might have helped him, however he is a Chungmuro he has nothing to worry about...I think it's not the same in case of KNG, the man has had a good balance back and forth, I would even say ideal , so far he is playing it smart and I hope he does strike a balance between movies and dramas going forward!! Yeah I have seen CSW active in theatre and theatre is not easy at all, there are no retakes it's all in one take, so I think it's one of the toughest in terms of acting and I have respect for the man that he still does it and enjoys doing it, he does musicals too right??

Yeah there was some level of awkwardness between GAS and KnG initially, since she aldready knew the other two through their previous project, Namgil she briefly met at a film festival but they didn't interact, that Seo Taiji song helped them break the ice:joy:

Yeah Island needs to happen for so many reasons, it does give me Goblin vibes too but DARKER.... about romance aspect, I think it's more action than Romance but there is a romantic angle in the webtoon and I hope they explore more on that aspect, plus Netflix+studio dragon= HIGH QUALITY, about the OCN- TVN it hasn't been confirmed yet right?? I have noticed OCN doesn't concentrate on the romance aspect, TVN we can expect romance being a main element!! The trio is just too good, all good actors plus KNG and ISW have chemistry due to ED, SYJ is a chem master she has had good chem with all her previous co stars so I don't have to worry about that aspect at all...plus the women is hot with the I fans, so more exposure too?? Ikr, I too want to see Dark KNG slaying monster's....and him looking hot doing it!!

Yeah it's quite unfortunate he wasn't cast in 'Here' it looked like it was tailor made for him plus the cast is just too good to be true (sans the other male actor :P) . Yeah LV and POB are two different and good movies of KnG, watch it with an open mind..there are ahem ahem scenes in both!!! Yeah I am sure he is happy that he is still popular among the younger ones, hahahha tbh KNG without make up, plus a clean shaven plus his casual clothes ,only his die hard fans can recognise him, he looks so different from the roles he has potrayed so not suprised there!!

Yeah actresses normally have to bear the brunt hence they are more cautious, poor KNG!! Yeah he is affectionate towards both genders alike, yeah I can see him pull out a SJS as well, settle down with a non celeb!!

Oh wow had no idea about the small car, he really finds happiness in the smallest things, love him more... hahhaha that rich part, the way PCW looked at him when he said it, I mean same KNG same ....who doesn't want to be rich?? Plus I know he would do only good things with all that money, so I do hope he collects those $$$$

JKH, GP,AS and PSW have worked together in a drama called Life on Mars, so I guess they are all close...JKH is even good friends with LSK and LSK mentioned in TSPF that KNG and JKH have very similar personalities and he thinks they will get along well, he showed intrest to travel along with them but maybe because of filming commitments he couldn't, so I guess maybe because they have many mutual friends they must be acquainted with each other!! Yeah I think PCW, JDY became close friends due to shameless, KNG's role was first offered to Lee Jung Jae but because the latter suffered a shoulder injury KNG was offered that role!! Yeah IA PCW looks like he genuinely looks out and cares for KNG and I think PCW's influence was the main reason KNG joined CJes...IA he does get along with most of them but he has a small circle of very close friends whom he shares his concerns/worries about!! The TFP video special video is actually available with Eng subs I will link it below

Spoiler

Yeah KNG on first glance looks like he is serious and a man of few words, but what a shocker...I had no idea he was this talkative and with a sense of humour!! Like KJW States he does look like he has two sides to him, the one where he clowns around and the other a very serious side to him, he looks like he is an old soul!! Yeah the walking school is why I thought that it was the way round, hahahha yeah I remember when he was on MITH they took out HJW's name and about his walking school, KNG replied there is no need to take his name on the show lol..they must be close , now that he is doing another movie with him, HJW even declared him as a national treasure :wub: yeah the propofol case, I mean who is he fooling by stating it was for "dermatological purpose"? the man has had such a hectic year that time, he had films lined up back to back so I wouldn't be surprised...

Yeah he and JDY are rather close, the two of them with PSW frequent karkoes, I think they are still close given that they just wrapped up filming ED so I guess it's safe to say that they have maintained the relationships, yeah I heard he talks to avoid drinking so I hope no one forces him to drink excessively!! Yeah he shines doing comedy and since he looks up to actors who are good at comic roles it would be nice if he explores the genre, he did so well in The Pirates!! jDY and director added while promoting TS that he is excessively cheery that they were tired.. lol

The BTS scenes with OYS is really hilarious, he looked so nervous around her..wonder why?? Was it because she was married?? But Ha Ga In was married too , he actually was also pretty nervous during the kiss scenes with HGI, I think that's how he is when he romances a married women, I got the same energy while seeing him act opposite JDY!! I think KNG when in love is WHIPPED AF, he doesn't look like he holds back or atleast did at a point (you know which actress'I am referring to here hahahha)

Yeah the celeb world is waaay diff from ours, and because it's a small and tight circle they often run into each other, I am glad that KNG has good set of close friends!!

Yeah he kept a safe distance from her lol, actually in the film they looked like siblings more and bf GF less, since they have similar skin tone too lol..but they really didn't have much scenes together, I don't even think they even hugged or even held hands lol...yeah she had good things to say about him, they always have good things to say about him...Oh wow I didn't see that comment from SH, that's nice of him!! Yeah his TFP co star said he is much like his character in the drama and doesn't talk about people behind their backs, he doesn't like to and Lee Honey added he has divine anger, when he sees injustice around he easily becomes angry and KNG in the press conference also said that he has quite a quick temper and the people who are close to him are aware of it , which was quite shocking for me to learn because he doesn't come across like that...(I have a brother who share the same birthdate with KNG, March 13th he also is quite short tempered, so if zodiac is anything to be believed, I think KNG is like what he claims to be)

That Hwasa performance I didn't actually catch him saying it, but I will watch the whole thing again lol and speaking of mamamoo , on k ocean he was obsessed with one of their songs after he came across their performance while watching a video on his phone, he would randomly start singing it and the others looked pissed overtime lol...but it was adorable when he did it, so I guess he is a fan of Mamamoo and Hwasa being his Bias maybe?? 

Yeah he looked like a wholeas* meal in the movie One day and the movie was so emotional, it was a good watch!! Yeah it's crazy how he can look like two completely diff person with and without facial hair

I have a very weak heart , I might collapse if we get WWWSK kinda scenes...but now I want them, these two have great potential to give us such scenes!!

Yeah he literally told because his butt is firm loool... I watched the directors cut so yeah they did show his butt and back (the features he prides about himself) there is a scene where they show his backside!!

Yeah his bts in shameless gave me same bad guys vibe , lol he really acts nervous around married woman!! I will always hold this against the director...ughhh!!

Yeah I guess he does drink but yeah like you said not that frequently, for me it's hard to believe when I hear someone says a korean doesn't drink, because it's so deep rooted and is a part of their culture....the smoking part I was like NOOOOOO. I mean those are personal choices, but literally nothing good comes out of it so I hope too that he has quit or atleast reduced?? There is a possibility that he is in touch with KaJ but more privately?? I think in the future if we get an interaction between both of them you would be beaming with joy:D

Yeah her background is definitely intimidating, however the women is really very down to earth, she was one of the main reasons G.O.D had a re union (she convinced her ex) and I remember in the interview, KNg felt bad for Honey and Honey felt bad for KNG (lol) during Shark and I think Honey is also much like KNg in the jolly aspect, she is very cheerful but I think she too is a very deep person (if you look at her YouTube channel) and masks all of it with a smile, it must have not been easy to end such a long term relationship but she appeared on tv with a smile on her face!! In your previous post about ideal type he talked about how he wants like a parent fig (lol) and he reffered to miss honey as someone who nags him like his mother, so KnG what do we make of it?? :joy: She was a whole mood during Baeksang, saying he is aldready a winner in her heart and he will be no 1 for her, she was speaking on behalf of all us lol...

Yeah TFP is the perfect example for "right time right place" and the right people too!! BR I will always wonder why did the people who did it even agreed to the show?? It literally was this close to tarnishing their image (if that didn't already happen)

About MGY

Spoiler

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1326349wpp/moon-ga-young-on-finding-mentors-in-actors-kim-seo-hyung-and-kim-nam-gil

The actress also worked alongside Kim Nam Gil in the 2017 drama “Live Up to Your Name.” Kim Nam Gil played a doctor, and Moon Ga Young was his assistant. She said, “I was Kim Nam Gil’s assistant, so being by his side constantly on set, I learned a lot. Even while shooting my recent drama, I often thought, ‘What would Kim Nam Gil have done?’ If I ever got stuck, I would contact him and ask.”

I can't recall her face, it's all hazy since it's been long since I watched LUTyn, is it this person??

Spoiler

Han Hee-Jung

Han Hee-Jung-1971-p1.jpg
magnify-clip.png

Because it says helper besides her character...lol, I am so curious!!

Yeah often people lose touch with each other once the show is done unless they are really close...so this might be the case too!! Hope they are atleast friends...

Yeah he has come along way from his Lee Han days, he looked more innocent that time and with Bidam and roles after he was more bad guy...

Yeah he literally needs someone to baby him (lmao) . Yeah the LYA part had me crack up, like bro why you so upset?? It's mentioned in the below link

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking by not sending The Handmaiden, they could have got that Oscar a few years back, i.too actually love PCW'S works...Oldboy was a CLASSIC!!! Yeah throwing her under the bus like that to protect his image, not man like at all...

I heard his film with HJW will be realesed on Kakao tv and select screens (I hope it was Netflix)

Yeah he did state that his break ups used to end on not so good terms and IA for a women since there is a biological clock and especially if she wants a family I can see why it ended the way it did, especially if he dated older!!

So KNG still has 10 years left actually 9, c'mon directors be brave and give this a man a John Wick kind of movie... imagine him being an assassin, woaaaaaaah..

P.S this is what OYS had to say about KNG

Adidas should make KNG their face, he is their unofficial promoter of the brand has been pretty loyal to the brand:P

@jelly Yeah I totally agree , it's not just his personal life but his career also we're having discussions about which i am liking too, on his career front there are quite a few things to discuss thanks to his filmography and choices of work he has taken up over the years!! I can't wait for his movies and Island to release , we will have so many additional things to add... especially ISLAND, and knowing it's Netflix+studio dragon we will get a alot of candies in terms of BTS:wub:

Well what can I say?? Dramafever lost out on a very good drama!! Yeah normally well known writers/directors work are preferred (like for example Mr Sunshine, CLOY etc) it's a shame though, however it makes me more happier with very to little no promotions they actually managed to do so well, good plotline + faboulous acting by the actors especially the main leads really carried the drama and they were lucky that the drama didn't have to rely on promos and the actors alone carried the whole show!! But I now see TVN re uploading videos for views..lol wish they had the same energy then!! Yeah TFP was well promoted, the man deserved all that , the promotions, the adulation, the awards, the love calls he got on shows and finally DAESEANG....now looking back at the Life bar clip I watch with a wide smile where he talks about his wish to recieve a DAESANG and thinking you made it KNG, you really have come along way!! I am sure all those struggles must have flashed by him when he was recieving all those awards, the man got a prime minister's citation award as well, hence he got super emotional while recieving them and his acceptance speeches were just GOLD, I would keep looking forward to it!! Yaaaaaaaas please a drama like hospital playlist (so excited for the second season) he would shine doing such genres plus KNG in a doctor's outfit:rolleyes: LUTYN was one of those few dramas were the relationship between the leads were healthy, no toxicity or drama at all and a relationship of equals, and I agree with your point here, I think we liked the dramas for the same reasons, some korean writers need to take notes, that's how a relationship should be and it was quite refreshing to see that!!

Yeah all that work really did affect his body and the docs asked him to take it easy since, he also mentioned how he is more susceptible to injuries and it takes longer time to recover since he has now aged as opposed to his 20s, he promised that he will take complete rest after TFP and I guess that's the reason that he rejected Pirates 2 since it requires alot of action, I'll miss his acting in it though, he was the charm of that movie...and yeah I appreciate HHJ's work and as an actress she is a good one and it would have been nice to see them.work together, maybe in the future since HHJ is also active in the film world!! Yeah KHN is a good catch, with his latest drama the man has shown he can nail multiple genres and I am sure he will do a great job in the second installment of Pirates... looking forward to the movie since the first one was a blockbuster!! Yeah people have diff ways to deal with stress/depression and I think for him it was burying himself in work, and through work he actually found good and supportive friends he could count on so happy for him, I just hope he is in a much better place, off lately he looks like he is enjoying his time with friends and looks less worrisome since he is now established!! Shark will be a special drama for me since I found out about KNG at the time when I watched the drama and his character is actually what made me watch the whole thing, he did a damn good job and carried the show (the female leads character was super irritating) it's unfortunate that it got buried due to the other drama but it did pave the way for Pirates which became his highest grossing film so something good came from it!! The Heirs was such a bad drama, but yeah unfortunately because of the cast and less story people still watch it .. yeah it was quite a shame that he wasn't nominated for neither of them and yeah definitely there is alot of politics, favourism , connections which come into picture otherwise KNG is definitely deserved more than what he is got and easily one of Korea's finest and versatile actor in his age range!!

Yeah his hit and run case was both very sad and unfortunate, he even sustained injuries when he did QSD which didn't help the situation as well, yeah he seldom talks about the accident, I too found about this after a while when I got into KNG, while watching his soldier days docu/video one of his long term fan mentioned that in a comment!! Yeah he did enlist in the military at his peak and normally it's not a wise decesion (HB did it as well) however KNG was aldready 30 at the time and time was running out hence he couldn't delay his enlistment, it would have actually been better if he completed in his Lee Han days (PSJ enlisted early in his career and once he came out he became successful so he didn't have to think about wasting years) however I guess he was so busy trying to establish himself that he thought it would be wiser to wait it out, I don't think career wise his Mil Enlistment did anything quite damaging, yes he did miss those two precious years and he was at his peak during the time but I think bad guys running whilst he was serving in the military kinda helped and the show was quite a sucess plus his character was quite famous too, people moved over Bidam..... Yeah a slew of new actors were introduced around the time who hit it big in the dramaland I guess that also factored in him sticking to movies more and drama less, oh I don't follow SJS so I don't know much about his career but I assumed the man was always famous lol...yeah that Daesang and recognition did take a long time, movies don't get you Deasang , Dramas get you that even JDY got her Daesang through a drama, I think very few stars through movies have recieved and since KNG was a late bloomer and did less dramas after QSD it explains why it took time however I am glad he actually got that recognition he had wanted for a long time, it was quite a journey as a fan as well , to see someone as talented as him being blindsided was quite hurtful,2019 was arguably the best year for all KNG fans it was like our wishes all came true... Yeah the comment on the yt video is BANG ON, he is definitely not a fame chaser and if you read his interviews he explains why he has taken up the roles he has played, yes if you compare him to the likes of the actors mentioned he might be underrated since they all had some huge hits and are one of Hallyu icons, but I respect the fact that KNG paved his own way and he did it in an unconventional way sticking to his principles, he has also kept a very low profile when it comes to his private life and only does the talking through his work, plus he has had no connections to get him those hot selling projects with hot selling directors/producer's and it has paid him because he has touched on multiple genres when you compare them to the Hallyu actors , plus he uses the platform to spread goodness around, how can you not fall in love with this man?? He has worked with HB on two occasions one Nonstop 4 and the other a cameo in MNIKSS (which catapulted HB to instant fame) it's funny how their career trajectory were at two diff levels when they started out, HB was aldready a star and KNG was still struggling his way through and now both of them are A listers!!

Yeah IA, I don't know he does give a feeling of a more sad/tragic/darker themed actor, but we know that's far from the truth LUTYN proved it if Pirates wasn't enough, I can totally see him nailing a maekjang kinda drama but I don't know maybe in his younger years he would be all game for it but now I think he does projects that tell a story which resonates whith him, however maybe a role like Choi Eugene in Mr Sunshine I could totally see him doing that, though it was a( KES  drama) it wasn't typically a KES drama at the same time and that's why I think it's one of her best works ( some people speculate it wasn't even her who wrote it but a ghost writer/junior writer)) KES re uses her male/female leads, I don't find them intresting and she is quite opp to BJH in that aspect, she likes to cast visually pleasing actors(her male leads);) Yeah damn I heard he was the second choice, the show literally created a Hallyu wave and HB became super popular plus got him his Daesang as well, I actually can't imagine someone doing this show other than him (I heard KNG was mentioned in the show, lol) I haven't actually watched secret garden completely so no idea but I read in KNG's interview!! Yeah I would love to see him act opp SMA as well, in a rom com preferably like you stated, god there are a list of actresses I want him to work with lol...Yeah the actors you mentioned have aged like fine wine and their acting has only got better with age (plus I prefer their looks now when compared to.their debut times)they were more innocent boyish charm then, but now they have a more sexy, manly charm now, so not surprised to see them collecting fans as they have aged!! That's why I want him to accept Island man deserves big production, budget project it will definitely help him grow his fan base especially internationally ( imagine all the young fans lol)

Yeah what does he mean by he has no friends :( how can people not be friendly with this precious man?? When he tells stuff like that I feel bad for him but I also think he is half joking but then I also think he is one of those people who is surrounded by a crowd and is likable by all but when he goes his seperate way he goes all alone!! Yeah the phone incident made me think he is highly self aware person who is sensitive to his surroundings, I would be one of those people in the crowd on my phone but probably watching Kng related stuff lol.... wooooow TFP was huge wasn't it?? I remember while nearing the end of drama I was having major withdrawl symptoms aldready because I knew the next time I see KNg on small screen would be minimum 2 years later and I wasn't able to let him go already, yeah he does and especially in Japan he has got a huge amount of female ajhumma fans in Japan lol, they really love him, and I am suprised he has maintained that popularity even as of now, there is a funny clip of his fan meet in Japan, I'll link it below, plus his concerts are so fun, it would be a dream to attend one of his fan meets

Spoiler

Yeah maybe he does some CF's which we aren't aware of lol, I remember back in the day he used to be a face off popular brands like o hui, Cass, a phone company (he did one with song Kang Ho lol) etc oh now that you mentioned I remember during his sucess party, he layed on the bed that was arranged for them(not a bed exactly) since they promised to do so and the MC praising his pose and he told he will get love calls from mattress companies, he jumped at it and faced the camera and told please sign me to do those advertisments lol....yeah it's not easy for movie stars to cross over as well, SITR did decently well especially for a JtBc drama and her recent drama was a sucess, other than that yeah she has not been very successful drama wise (though personally I have liked some of them).Shark definitely traumatized him, infact in an interview in 2014-15 he chose his character in Bad guys out of all the dramas, I guess bad guy was special, bad guys did pretty well actually I was quite impressed at how well it did but just the ending got people like RickRoll'D??????? But understandable given the situation!! Yeah they still have a long way to go on safety issues but it's a start so hope so it's gets progressively better?? Pre production dramas are a risk, I remember DOTs being one at the time it was pretty new concept and many Male leads declined the role until JIS suggested SJk, it's a gamble but yeah maybe with the advent of Hulu+apple tv+Netflix etc we might see them becoming more common!! Yeah I think we will see more actors working on the small screen in the future

Yeah I actually can see KNg doing risque roles in the future as well as he has shown he has no qualms if the script demands it and fingers crossed he works with PcW/Bjh in the future, BjH has an obsession with Song Kang Ho lol......I really think KNg's acting and aura will fit PCW's kinda movies!! Fingers crossed that they make it available on Netflix and yes I am pleasently shocked that Netflix has been adding korean movies and I am all for it (Pandora being one :) )

His encouraging words must have made the ladies swooooon since I was all like "ahhhhhhh Kim nan gil there he goes again" :wub:while reading it, I mean the fact that he believes gender should not be an obstacle to pursue something you love just is so lovely that he carries such forward thinking thoughts, he must be a very open minded person ....now suddenly I am torn between him setelling down and not?? I am scared that he might take a big break and I can't with the thought of not seeing him act however I  also want him to be happy and start a family, ughhh my heart .....I hope like SJS he balances between both, but I heard SJS's wife has retired lol...

Yeah GAS'S addition to the show definitely help the show from becoming a bro bro kinda show lol, plus she got along well with them!! HJM and Kng definitely need to work in a project together, plus she looked like she really liked Kng , the woman herself mentioned that she wants to meet him through a project next time, please directors make it happen instead of pairing her with guys way younger than her!! I remember at an award she came with another co star and was seated next to KNg but she was interacting more with kng and looked like she was enjoying his antics lol... personally also they would make such a cute couple, I really really like her, she is very kind hearted, gentle soul who is a giver and guess what KnG is all that too...

Oh yeah definitely, balance is key...it's more action so I see emphasis on that but also has romance in it as well since she is his destiny/fate blah blah so a good balance between the two, yeah I heard OCn and TVN are under the same umbrella company!! I guess we still need confirmations on some aspects of this drama!! Yeah I remember while reading the plotline I was like priest agaaain?? There goes any hope for a romance but then I also know KnG wouldn't agree to do it if he was given the role of a priest, so yaaaay..... IM SIWAN it's your turn to be a priest now!! The cast aldready smells like SUCESS now just waiting for a confirmation and OCN dramas seldom disappoint plus a KNG one at it...

Yeah it's looks like NhK has forgotten that he has worked with Kng?? Anyways .....yes IA he is at a best place he has fame, recognition , critical acclaim and is still working on good projects (in demand) yet his popularity is not that much in terms of his private life being heavily scrutinized, I guess that's why the absurd marriage rumours lol...yeah he looks really cute in glasses, gives him a fresh/youthful vibe to him!! And yeah it was the actor I reffered to initially , not a fan of his acting :P

Yeah I am sure he makes pretty good $$$ and he is a wise spender as well and doesn't mindlessly spend it on stuff that don't add value, I think he was half joking when he said that lol but because he spends them on his philanthropic works I am like yaaaas go collect those coins, you know what would help?? If you accepted ISLAND...

Hahahaha yeah especially with Jdy's personality she might have found it tiring it lol, KNg said she was strict on sets and I have seen her giving him side glances and he looking all scared lol.... speaking of which I remember a scene in k ocean were GAS got frustrated/mad for the first time and KNG reaction was GOLD when he saw her reacting that way looool..

Hahhahaha the shippers are intense , it's good it's only the both of us camping here, it won't bode well with them if they were to see our convo lol...but good times and that's why I miss him being WHIPPED , I loooved it because I have never seen him like that and I want to see him like that , I hope he isn't afraid to do so in the future as well...I am sure he was pretty concerned about the age gap because he has mostly been paired with older, same age, around same age women but glad she was comfertable around him, his childlike personality must have helped because when the reporters asked him about the age gap he told mentally he is still a kid lol, seolhyun on the other hand is mature for her age and given that she was in her early 20s he must have been very careful and that's why he even kept a distance from her during promos!;

Hahha the HB/Kng hug, I mean people like to twist it to fit the narrative given that one was rumored and the other at the time was also rumoured, it makes for fun gossip/speculation, but I sensed no awkwardness especially from KNG's side he was all smiles, of course they aren't the best of buddies but they are acquainted with each other since he made an appearance in HB's two projects and they briefly shared the same management before HB left to set up his own company!! Yeah I guess Kng benefitted from his injury lol.....yeah infact a female would have got her career cancelled if the same was found and witch hunted till she retired, however he got away Scott free and is still out there doing films with a list directors!!  Woooow he is pretty loaded but not suprised since he has greatly contributed to korean cinema yeah I hope it's not an influence on nam gil, and KNg steers away from all that as far as possible!! That interview where he mentioned that he doesn't do drugs, was quite random....wonder what prompted him to add that!!

Hahhaha Hwasa does have that shock factor to her so I shouldn't be suprised if he called her name lol

Yeah he was quite lanky, and damn he is daddy long legs....he is genetically more on the skinnier side however during his younger days his face was more defined as he got older it got more softer and I think that's the reason he looks more approachable now when compared to his younger days and he looks so cute when he gains them on his face, I feel like squishing his cheeks !! The directors cut is available on kissasian, I watched it there!!

Yeah the high cut photoshoot he looked soooooooooo good, everything about that PS was perfect, from his hairstyle, make up to his clothes plus their energy was also fun!! She actually told that she prefers her male co stars don't treat her like a woman lol, I guess thats why she is so comfertable around all her co actors and they all like her since that makes her more likable!!

BR was a big RickRoll'D in k drama history, yeah the reggae one had me like bro what in the hell are you doing?? That's just racist AF....All the artists involved in BR must have been on some sort of crack, because no one in their right mind would have actually accepted this drama!!. About TfP the thai character, if anything I think they showed how racist Koreans can be to outsiders especially south East Asians...

Oh the other helper, she and the chubby guy become an item, she is actually pretty....but why is this the most random thing I have heard lol, I need to watch those BTS again ....

IA and he might have been typecast and stuck in a rut if he did do in his earlier years (like some Hallyu actors) I like how he started from the bottom and now he is a respected A lister!!Yeah I think he said for comedic element, the Hollywood part that is and when he was reminded he got embarassed!! Yeah Hollywood has definitely not been a kind place for POC !! YEAh I hope so too since his bestie is also doing one

What PCW was blacklisted?? Damn ...Korea should be thanking their stars that he is a product of their country, we need more directors like him in our country!!ILL be blunt here the majority of Korea is pretty homophobic, and the irony being that Koreans are normally known to value same sex skinship which means that they are that much closer in real life and they don't shy away from doing it plus their obseesion with dramas were the female is mistaken as a guy and the ML falls for the FL while assuming the whole time she was a guy!!!!! I actually applaud the ones who agreed to do this film especially the female leads and specially KTR ,she was making a debut with a highly controversial subject , yes a PCW film but the topic itself is looked down upon by Koreans, I think this film showed us that the newer gen of Koreans are definitely more open to the idea and they are slowly but surely opening up!! Curse those homophobic judges....ugh, how can they be called judges when they have prejudice??

Yeah I think we will know when we hear who he is actually dating in the future!! Yeah ageing in Korea kinda sucks, I actually am quick to correct if anyone increases my age lol...so KNG is 42 this year!!

Yeah she is no doubt a beauty and she is 9-10 years older than him and since he has dated women that old during his younger days , he might have felt attracted to her!! The elevator kiss was STEAMYYY...

SBS KEEP EM COMING !!!!! hahaha I am actually anticipating the agency he would join next....

Oh wooooow that was sooo cool of KNG, I didn't know they were the first trans gender group!!kudos to you KNG,always ahead of time

Yeah I don't think they are "FRIENDS" because they belong to diff friend circles but I think they are cordial

Spoiler

KNG's scene in MNIKSS

I swear there is nothing this man can't do, he is a gifted guy

This clip of him with JDY is so cute

Found out that Pandora was the first Korean movie that was pre sold to Netflix!!

Hello!

Just wanted to drop by and say my appreciation for KNM. To be honest, last week I started watching The Fiery Priest and now completed it. I couldn't hold my laughter in.

Out of curiosity I looked KNM up and saw he had done Bad Guy (my first and now second-to-last show of him), where he excelled as well, as I still can remember his performance there. Now that he's back on my radar, I'm looking forward to see him in new projects now!

• Like 1

@agenthag

Source:https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/02/03/entertainment/movies/kim-namgil-gil-story/20210203155100650.html

Actor Kim Nam-gil establishes his own talent agency

Kim Nam-gil  [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kim Nam-gil surprised his fans and the entertainment industry on Wednesday by announcing that he recently established a talent agency, Gil Story Entertainment.  

Kim is the co-CEO of the agency with Han Jae-duk, CEO of Sanai Pictures.  

According to Kim, the new entertainment company was not established to represent him, but rather as an agency to recruit artists and manage and support their careers. 

“Together with Gil Story, I’ll continue to pursue my acting career as well,” said Kim. “Through Gil Story, we’ll be recruiting artists from diverse backgrounds and also expanding the business to developing intellectual property. Please stay tuned.”  

Kim is currently filming “Night Voyage” (translated) and his films “Guardian” and “Emergency Declaration” are set to hit local theaters this year.  

Source:https://www.picuki.com/media/2212550957951457007

20.01.02 MC: "Kim Nam Gil has known as an actor who is very good at coping and dealing with the situation. Some actor/ people around/ beside him were surprised by his fluency. Are you also surprised? . HJW: "Am I surprised? I met Kim Nam Gil for the first time in the waiting room at actress Go Hyun Jung's fan meeting in the past. Since then, I knew him more through a lot of works. Then we became more closer after actor Ju Ji Hoon invited us for a dinner. . In fact at that time Kim Nam Gil had a big image during the reign of Queen Seondeok Drama. Nam Gil seemed so heavy and chic, I thought he looked like a Northern Europe style, felt like IKEA.But Ji Hoon introduced Nam Gil as a kind of Ji Hoon's style even more. I said what kind of style did you mean. Ji Hoon told that if he could talk 30 words/ minute then Nam Gil is more than that, Nam Gil could talks 60 words in a minute.I wondered what was going on. . Then at that first dinner meeting Nam Gil posted his pitch for humors even I didn't have time to lift my spoon to eat. I was so amazed to see that there is such a person exist. It was the moment that his image in Queen Seondeok were ended miserably but then I understand and realise the reason why Kim Nam Gil was so loved by the people and deserved to receive so many awards."

Spoiler

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1303004wpp/jin-se-yeon-and-joo-ji-hoon-share-stories-behind-their-debuts-and-new-drama-the-item

Jin Se Yeon And Joo Ji Hoon Share Stories Behind Their Debuts And New Drama “The Item”

Feb 12, 2019

Actor Kim Nam Gil had previously humorously accused Joo Ji Hoon of being a chatterbox and said that he’s unable to get a word in during their conversations. Joo Ji Hoon then made everyone burst into laughter by saying, “Kim Nam Gil chatters amongst 10 male actors even when he’s not drunk.”

Jin-Se-Yeon-Joo-Ji-Hoon1.jpg

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1302847wpp/joo-ji-hoon-talks-about-jung-il-woo-and-supporting-each-others-drama-in-the-same-time-slot

Joo Ji Hoon Talks About Jung Il Woo And Supporting Each Other’s Drama In The Same Time Slot

Joo Ji Hoon Talks About Jung Il Woo And Supporting Each Other’s Drama In The Same Time Slot

Feb 11, 2019

He then thanked Jung Il Woo for his support for “The Item,” as the actor will be starring in SBS’s “Haechi,” which premieres and airs in the same time slot as “The Item.” Joo Ji Hoon made everyone laugh by saying, “I’m close with [Kim] Nam Gil, so I’ll be supporting ‘The Fiery Priest,'” a drama which will be premiering the same week but in a different time slot.

Source-https://m.ilyo.co.kr/?ac=article_view&entry_id=391132

Expect'Kyungsomun' fans! OCN table genre to watch this year

'The Times' starring Lee Seo-jin,'Dark Hall', a creature action,'Ireland', a fantasy drama, etc.

[No. 1499] | 21.01.27 11:24

'Island', in which appearances such as Lee Si-wan, Kim Nam-gil, and Seo Ye-ji, are expected to continue OCN's unique spiritual worldview. Based on the webtoon of the same name,'Island' is centered on a man who needs a woman to end his cursed life of immortality, a woman who does not know his sad and cruel fate and fate, and an old horse priest who is guilty of not protecting a girl. It is an exorcism fantasy play. As you can see from the title, their story unfolds around the'island', and it seems that the story of those who seem to never be able to match with the background of an island that is blessed with a wicked darkness, though it is a natural scenery, will be drawn heartily. As a typical genre, OCN plans to prepare this drama as a considerable masterpiece and air it on a seasonal basis. 

'You Quiz' Martial Arts Director Kim Sun-woong, “Actor Kim Nam-gil, action is really good… Especially kick”

Enter 2021.01.27. 10:02 PM

Revision 2021.01.27. 10:06 PM

0004740330_001_20210127220659088.jpg?type=w430
[Maeil Economic Daily Star Today Guest Reporter Heo Eun-kyung]

In particular, Yoo Jae-seok asked, "As a martial arts director, please select only one actor who is good at action." Director Kim Sun-woong said, “Actor Kim Nam-gil,” and “You will do better than me. You are really good. He is very good at kicking.” In addition to this, he said, “Not to mention actor Lee Si-young. He added that his ability to perform the action is extraordinary.” In

addition, when filming'Infinite Challenge', director Kim Seon-woong praised Yoo Jae-seok's action skills and Tae-to.

Spoiler

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1452226wpp/kim-nam-gil-establishes-new-entertainment-agency

Kim Nam Gil Establishes New Entertainment Agency

Kim Nam Gil Establishes New Entertainment Agency

Feb 3, 2021

Kim Nam Gil is now the head of his own company at Gilstory ENT!

Gilstory ENT is a comprehensive entertainment company the actor recently launched with Han Jae Deok, head of the production company Sanai Pictures. The company will take on tasks like recruiting and fostering artists, supporting their activities in projects, reputation and risk management, and financial management. In particular, the company plans to channel the value of its artists through content so that artists can generate profits by means of their value.

0000114061_001_20210203105609924.png

Expectations for the company are rising as it also plans on growing into an entertainment business that encompasses management, content production, and IP businesses.

Kim Nam Gil stated, “I will proceed with activities in various fields with Gilstory ENT. We plan to gradually recruit artists from various fields to expand not only our management, but also our artist-oriented IP businesses. I would appreciate it if you would keep on the lookout.”

The actor rose to stardom with his performance in the MBC drama “The Great Queen Seondeok.” Since then, he took part in dramas such as “Bad Boy” and “Live Up To Your Name” and movies such as “Pandora” and “The Shameless.” He secured his position as a top actor with the 2019 drama “The Fiery Priest.” This year, he will return to theaters with the movies “Guardian” and “Declaration of Emergency” and is currently filming the movie “Night Trip” (literal titles).

In addition to considering several dramas for his next piece, he is managing various global public art campaigns with his non-profit culture and arts organization Gilstory, which he established back in 2015.

Source:https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210203105102537

Kim Nam-gil, who left CJes, establishes'Gilstory ENT' [Official]

Tae YunaInput 2021.02.03.10:51Revision 2021.02.03.10:54

Gimnamgil, "Road Stories ENT, founded
sets out the reader moves
" will attract a variety of artists. "
[Ten Asia = Reporter Tae Yuna]

Actress Nam-gil Kim./Photo provided by Gilstory ENTView larger image

Actress Nam-gil Kim./Photo provided by Gilstory ENT

Actress Nam-Gil Kim established a comprehensive entertainment company,'Gilstory ENT'. 

On the 3rd, Kim Nam-gil said, “Recently, we established a comprehensive entertainment company'Gilstory ENT' in partnership with Han Jae-deok, CEO of Man Pictures, and started an independent move in a new place.”  

'Gilstory E&T' systematically provides specialized systems for each area, such as recruiting and nurturing artists, supporting work activities, financial management, and reputation and risk management. In particular, it plans to propose and carry out activities so that the artist can create value revenue by implementing the artist's value as content.

In addition, expectations are rising as it is expanding into an entertainment business that encompasses management, content production, and IP business.

Nam-Gil Kim said, “I plan to visit with Gilstory ENT for activities in various fields. In the future, it plans to gradually recruit artists from various fields to expand not only management but also artist-centered IP business. I will be grateful if you watch with interest.”

Kim Nam-gil gained great love from the public through the MBC drama'Queen Seondeok' and rose to stardom. Since then, he has solidified his position as a leading actor by steadily engaging in work activities such as dramas such as'Bad Man' and'Immortality' and movies such as'Pandora','Rude' and'Pirates'. 

He has firmly established himself as a top star leading the success of his work through the 2019 drama'The Fierce Priest', and the films'Guardian' and'Emergency Declaration' are about to be released, and are currently in the midst of filming the film'Night'. 

In addition, he is reviewing various works such as the drama'Island', and in 2015, he established himself, a non-profit private organization,'Gilstory', and is conducting various global public art campaigns.

Meanwhile, Kim Nam-gil ended an exclusive contract with CJ Entertainment in October last year. 

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003090822

[Exclusive] Nam-Gil Kim, established a comprehensive entertainment company, Gilstory ENT,'New Start'

Input 2021.02.03. 9:59 am

[Daily Sports Jo Yeon-kyung]
0003090822_001_20210203095949127.jpg?type=w430

Actor Kim Nam-gil takes on a meaningful new start.

According to multiple industry officials, Kim Nam-gil recently established a comprehensive entertainment company,'Gilstory ENT', and is starting a full-fledged independent journey with Han Jae-deok, CEO of the famous film production company, Mani Pictures.

Gilstory E&T goes beyond the concept of a single-person agency in a simple management format, and recruits top talents in the industry such as film and drama producers, art directors, strategic planning experts, and public relations experts to manage artist management, content production, and the entire IP (Intellectual Property Rights) business. It is a comprehensive entertainment company.

In particular, Kim Nam-gil has participated in various global public art campaigns and direct management as a representative of the culture and arts NGO'Gil Story' since 2015. Based on this, it is expected that Gilstory E&T will show a start-up-concept entertainment movement that combines a new management system and IP business.

In addition, in order to realize the value of the artist as a content,'Gilstory IP' was established as an affiliate, and plans to expand into a business covering the entertainment field such as commerce business using artist IP, in-house content planning and production, and lifestyle platform business. to be.

Kim Nam-gil, who debuted as a public talent for the 31st MBC in 2003, became a stardom through the drama'Queen Seondeok' in 2010. 'Through various works such as'CRT' and the screen, he increased the value of his existence as an actor.

In particular, Kim Nam-gil, who is enjoying the second heyday by leading the mega-hit success of the drama'The Fierce Priest', aired in 2019, is planning to show more in-depth work activities as an actor with the establishment of a comprehensive entertainment company.

Currently, he has started filming his new work'Night Travel', and is preparing for the release of films such as'Guardian' and'Emergency Declaration', which he cranked up earlier, and is reviewing various works such as the drama'Ireland' in depth.

Reporter Jo Yeon-kyung cho.

Source:http://m.isplus.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?total_id=23984895#_enliple

[Exclusive] Nam-Gil Kim, established a comprehensive entertainment company, Gilstory ENT,'New Start'

• Input 2021.02.03 09:58
  • Revision 2021.02.03 09:58

137a1fc4-66f1-4b54-8ede-9b0ac047241d.jpg

Actor Kim Nam-gil takes on a meaningful new start. 

According to multiple industry officials, Kim Nam-gil recently established a comprehensive entertainment company,'Gilstory ENT', and is starting a full-fledged independent journey with Han Jae-deok, CEO of the famous film production company, Mani Pictures

Gilstory E&T goes beyond the concept of a single-person agency in a simple management format, and recruits top talents in the industry such as film and drama producers, art directors, strategic planning experts, and public relations experts to manage artist management, content production, and the entire IP (Intellectual Property Rights) business. It is a comprehensive entertainment company. 

In particular, Kim Nam-gil has participated in various global public art campaigns and direct management as a representative of the culture and arts NGO'Gil Story' since 2015. Based on this, it is expected that Gilstory E&T will show a start-up-concept entertainment movement that combines a new management system and IP business. In addition, in order to realize the value of the artist as a content,'Gilstory IP' was established as an affiliate, and plans to expand into a business covering the entertainment field such as commerce business using artist IP, in-house content planning and production, and lifestyle platform business. to be.  Kim Nam-gil, who debuted as a public talent for the 31st MBC in 2003, became a stardom through the drama'Queen Seondeok' in 2010. 'Through various works such as'CRT' and the screen, he increased the value of his existence as an actor.  Especially, the drama'The Fiery Priest' aired in 2019 .

Currently, he has started filming his new work'Night Travel', and is preparing for the release of films such as'Guardian' and'Emergency Declaration', which he cranked up earlier, and is reviewing various works such as the drama'Ireland'.

Source:https://theqoo.net/square/1783567062

Originally from the cartoon'Ireland', Yoon In-wan & Yang Gyeong-il

Exorcism Action Drama 

'Ireland'

Studio Dragon & Wi Lab production

'Island' is based on Jeju folktales.

It is a fantasy exorcism. 

A class of exorcist monks wielding daggers and using the technique 

The process of defeating all kinds of yoma 

It illuminates stylishly. 

Protecting the conglomerate daughter Won Mi-ho, who has a unique secret 

Strangely depicting a desire for a new life. 

The key theme is that everything happens from cause to effect, 

That nothing happens without a cause

Causality (因果律). 

Those who sin are punished

Those who accumulate good deeds will be saved 

Talk about simple yet complex law

complex laws.

DearPossibleCoral
Ban Kim Nam-gil

As a lord who was a  member of the Jijang sect of  Jeju Island

Genius esoteric monk, now passed down

You-kai hunter full of sexy

EquatorialWhimsicalEarwig
Miho Won Seoyeji

The only daughter of the chairman of the Daehan Group , the world's best chaebol 

By the  father 

Appointed as an ethics teacher at Tamgo High School in Jeju Island

PleasedImprobableCoypu
Johan Si-wan

An old horse priest with excellent spiritual ability
Koreans who were adopted to the United States
I came to Korea to find my birth parents, but Miho was tricked
Suddenly stayed in Jeju Island

'Ireland' is a beautiful island in the South Sea 

It is a work to uncover the secrets hidden in Jeju Island, 

To destroy the human world for many years

A woman who was looking for an opportunity  appeared on Jeju Island,

It contains what happens while targeting the heiress of a chaebol family as a prey.

Who can protect her from terrible tentacles 

Only the veiled ghost hunter. 

The puzzle of fate and fate of two men and women 

A matching story will be drawn.

A man who needs a woman to end his cursed immortal life

A sad and cruel woman who does not know her fate and fate 

And that I couldn't protect a girl 

Even an old priest who was filled with guilt.

Has a natural landscape,

Against the backdrop of Jeju Island, which embraces evil darkness 

Those who seem to never be able to get along 

To protect and sacrifice 

It is a poignant and strange exorcism fantasy play.

It is scheduled to air in August this year.

Lineup what hahahaha

Spoiler

PoliticalCircularElver

There are still water mangage articles, but there haven't been any articles on actors' wives for months.

Yesterday at the SBS Drama Awards, Kim Nam-gil came out to give an award.

Looking at the hair styling, 90 fur seems to be a definite angle

Source:https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-kim-nam-gil-entertainment-agency/

Actor Kim Nam Gil Establishes His Own Entertainment Agency

We can’t wait to see what he will create!

QZtJQQiZJQuEu8bbzQsp4LpGYIIRdnoQS4n_G_cG

Actor Kim Nam Gil has just announced the establishment of his own company, Gilstory ENT!

Gilstory ENT is an entertainment company created alongside Han Jae Deok, who is the head of the production company Sanai Pictures. The company will recruit artists, support their activities, provide reputation, risk, and financial management.

KWxw5lUPQr36cvb8_8UnsxKLfig8-QQX5YPrr-Ls02nIovJJ99P0qzG5BrhliRy-iOfzL43fzjV_ybsPsIS_OgB61dNGmlu9scIAzsIdFkl07sI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Han Jae Deok

The company plans on growing into a business that includes management, content production, and intellectual property (IP) businesses.

Gilstory ENT will proceed with activities in various fields. We plan to recruit artists from different fields to expand both our management and our artist-oriented IP businesses. I would appreciate if you would look forward to our content.

—Kim Nam Gil

The company is gaining much attention as Kim Nam Gil has been in famous K-Dramas and movies such as Queen Seondeok, Live Up To Your Name, The Fiery Priest, and Pandora. He will be returning this year with the movies Guardian, Declaration of Emergency, and Night Trip.

X1DFDMZm951jUew62O8Hv1hiY-mYmGcF_pPr9JW3RUCvG4-G3QrRvg8HwsTC6cCbBjiwFAs2V_wazji2AgfsP4Th1RdfaABuP7_IW36u6EWqgg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

As for Han Jae Deok, he has assisted in producing movies such as The Shameless, Man in Love, and the infamous Oldboy.

Fans are excited to see what the two talented men will bring to the industry.