Which Olympic games are you going to watch?

agenth

Summer Olympic Games  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which sports will you watch?

• Archery
    • Artistic Gymnatics
    • Athletics
    • Badminton
    • Basketball
    • Basketball 3x3
    • Beach Volleyball
    • Boxing
    • Breaking
    • Canoe Slalom
    • Canoe Sprint
    • Cycling BMX Freestyle
    • Cycling BMX Racing
    • Cycling Mountain Bike
    • Cycling Road
    • Cycling Track
    • Diving
    • Equestrian
    • Fencing
    • none/something else
  2. 2. Which sports will you watch?

• Football
    • Golf
    • Handball
    • Hockey
    • Judo
    • Marathon swimming
    • Modern pentathlon
    • Rhythmic Gymnastics
    • Rowing
    • Rugby sevens
    • Sailing
    • Shooting
    • Skateboarding
    • Sport climbing
    • Surfing
    • Swimming
    • Table tennis
    • Taekwondo
    • Tennis
    • Nothing / something else
  3. 3. Which sports will you watch?

• Trampoline
    • Triathlon
    • Volleyball
    • Water polo
    • Weightlifting
    • Wrestling
    • Nothing / something else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2024 at 06:17 PM

I always love to watch swimming, artistic gymnastics, basketball and volleyball. I'm a greatest fan of Michael Phelps so my greatest Olympic that I watched on TV is the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics. He won 8 gold medals in all swimming events so I greatly value that SO of 2008. I also love to watch Basketball especially Women's Basketball. 

• Blob 3

6 hours ago, partyon said:

@leo2020 @willenette @agenth @lilyphenix @Lmangla @MayanEcho @CarolynH @WeunXK @joccu

Are you planning on watching any of the sports on TV today?

I was just watching beach volleyball, and am planning on catching judo, skateboarding and sailing. :coolshades:

@partyon  Paris 2024 Olympics are heating up now. There’s a packed schedule of Olympic sports, some of which are already entering their finals. I've just watched the Artistic Gymnastics, Fencing and Rowing.  :heart2beat:

• Blob 1

@partyon I think I need NBC or Peacock to watch the Olympics.  I have neither one! :bawling:  I think I can watch replays, but not as fun.  I'd like to watch the US Men's swimming.  I'd like to watch the opening ceremony too--or parts of it.  I'm not as into the Olympics as I used to be

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@partyon I think I need NBC or Peacock to watch the Olympics.  I have neither one! :bawling:  I think I can watch replays, but not as fun.  I'd like to watch the US Men's swimming.  I'd like to watch the opening ceremony too--or parts of it.  I'm not as into the Olympics as I used to be

@CarolynH  Lady Gaga delivered a dazzling performance, except it was all prerecorded. She was accompanied by a troupe of eight dancers carrying pink feather fans. IDK why her performance was prerecorded.  :cutekitty:

• Blob 1

11 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

Just enjoyed watching South Korea win Gold in Archery! (the women!)
And Simon Biles's routine on the floor and vault.

@lilyphenix  Actually, South Korea has won many Olympic gold medals in the past years in the women's archery. SK remained undefeated always for this event. They lead all countries in Olympic archery, always appear to be in the driver's seat.  :emmm:  Same here, also enjoyed Simon Biles' routine on the floor and vault.   :cheers:   Simone Biles made a stunning return to Olympic competition, with a minor injury. But Biles remains the benchmark. In fact, there's a deafening roar when Biles was introduced.

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@partyon I think I need NBC or Peacock to watch the Olympics.  I have neither one!

You don't have NBC!?!??!

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

You can't watch it streamed on their website? Here is a list of all streaming websites per country:

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/where-to-watch-olympic-games-live

@agenth and I watched the Olympics all day yesterday. I don't think we missed many sports. :D

Omo! Guys! Nadal lost!?!??!

The Wire Reaction GIF

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, partyon said:

You don't have NBC!?!??!

Nope, cut the cord years ago.  The TV is on at work, but the prime events are usually in the evening, I think.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

You don't have NBC!?!??!

You can't watch it streamed on their website? Here is a list of all streaming websites per country:

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/where-to-watch-olympic-games-live

@agenth and I watched the Olympics all day yesterday. I don't think we missed many sports. :D

Omo! Guys! Nadal lost!?!??!

@partyon  I was surprised and shocked.....  :heart2beat:

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Nope, cut the cord years ago.  The TV is on at work, but the prime events are usually in the evening, I think.  

@CarolynH  Paris is six hours ahead of U.S. Eastern time and nine hours ahead of Pacific time. As a result, many events (and finals) will take place early in the morning U.S. time. As a result, NBC will air two daily Olympics shows, one that coincides with Paris’s prime time (from 2:00 p.m. ET through 5:00 p.m. ET) and another in traditional U.S. prime time, which will show highlights. NBC’s broadcast channel is the heart of the network’s coverage.  :kitty:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks for voting and participating in our event!

The most popular Olympic sport to watch has been declared as Rhythmic Gymnastics in place 1 with 8 votes! For 2024 we have not yet seen any events in this category yet, but tune in 8 August to watch grace, style and athletics please the crowd.

performing-with-a-ribbon-cardi-b.gif

Second places goes to Artistic Gymnastics with a close 7 votes! Could it be the Simon Biles effect, or is it just us at awe in the heights these athletes keep going?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952urtb2a6efxth5zbef5k

Third place is shared by Basketball, Swimming and Weightlifting, each with 5 votes!

What is clear is, that every four years, we become experts in watching the Summer Olympics for days!

If you have any event ideas, please share them with us. :fullofhearts:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Olympic event would be the 100-meter sprint in track and field. It’s the ultimate test of speed, power, and explosiveness, with the fastest athletes in the world competing head-to-head. The sheer intensity and excitement packed into just under 10 seconds make it one of the most thrilling events to watch. The 100-meter sprint often crowns the "fastest person on Earth," which adds to the prestige and allure of the race.

Click Here

Edited by Michigan contact

• 2 weeks later...