Find Your Adventure: Around the World

agenth

55 minutes ago, agenth said:

another day another clue

• Singer or the city, both certainly take our breath away.  Don’t be too surprised if you chance upon a chaebol heiress  and her not so  chaebol husband navigating terminal illness in the midst of a crumbling marriage, as we fervently pray for a HEA for our beloved couple.

@agenth 

Spoiler

If I haven't watched this recent drama, surely I'd be getting confused of your clue - hehehe - because of this word. I thought all along one of the leads play as a singer - :Megalol:   Since the drama had just wrapped-up, everything still fresh in my mind. I guess your word clue here is because Kim Soo Hyun sang the soundtrack for his show. "Queen of Tears" is really worth-watching. Biased aside, I find it so good. The FL's character was to be terminally ill. However, the finale took a surprising turn by showing a shot of the couple's future together, suggesting that they were able to enjoy a long life together before Hae In's eventual passing. So, it's not a sad ending, afterall. Germany was the location of the drama. I've been to this place - I can see so many people (Germans) smoke here. A bit like a Scandinavian country with much more of a buzz going on. The summers are hotter, the winters boring, the traffic crazy, and the overall atmosphere a lot less relaxed. I enjoyed my trip there. When I arrived in Germany, I remember how beautiful  everything was. I felt like I was in a movie set, but this was real life. I could hear the church bells ring from my hotel balcony, and I would see many people walking or biking. Many people on their bikes would be shopping around town and you can see fresh veggies and flowers from their bicycle baskets. The biking paths are everywhere! When I went out to dinner, I noticed many tables were set up family style. They would provide you with an English menu per request. I remember at one restaurant a lady turned around and started to talk to me and unfortunately, I did not know any conversational words. I did not understand her. I experienced that quite a few times while there. I tried taking the train and It took me some time to figure out the ticket pay system. So, I tried googling instruction on it. tried googling instruction on it. I had an amazing experience in Germany! I also noticed Germans do not like to stand out, and are very much by the book. In my experience I noticed they don’t often break the rules. For instance we were at a cross-walk, and no cars were coming, we crossed the street, but our German friend stayed until the walking light flashed. Motorists respect the laws. For instance the left lane, if you have someone coming up from behind you, move to the right. Trucks always have to be in the far right lane, and it is customary to only pass on the left.   :happyshakes:

• Blob 4

22 hours ago, agenth said:

another day another clue

• Singer or the city, both certainly take our breath away.  Don’t be too surprised if you chance upon a chaebol heiress  and her not so  chaebol husband navigating terminal illness in the midst of a crumbling marriage, as we fervently pray for a HEA for our beloved couple.

I guessed the city from the first sentence but not the drama.... Until I remember I read about a comment that this couple had one kiss in the whole drama that was in this city. :grin:

Spoiler

L.jpg

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@4evrkdrama are you okay?  Hope your journey #8 goes well.

Omo! Looks like @4evrkdrama missed her flight! :scream:

Ya! She should have been practicing more for this game. :sweats:

airport-delayed-flight.gif

Good news everyone! @agenth is awake! :love: She laughed at this gif:

%EC%9C%BC%EC%AF%94%EB%A5%B4%EA%B7%B8-%EA

(It's Go Kyung Po pseudo oppa)

She might need coffee first though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Happy Good Morning GIF by ircha_gram

Clue #9:

• Set sail on a mystical voyage: explore the ocean as I transform from mermaid to human. I have to learn how the modern world operates, while secrets spans through oceans and eras. 
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, rocat said:

Beautiful place but not on my list :)

This is the only place I haven't been to of all the destinations in this game :sweats:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

On 4/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, agenth said:

Clue  #9:

• Set sail on a mystical voyage: explore the ocean as I transform from mermaid to human. I have to learn how the modern world operates, while secrets spans through oceans and eras. 

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, agenth said:

Clue #9:

I binge watched this drama during pandemic lockdown time

As i looked through the drama forum, found the name of the place and am hearing it for the first time !

Spoiler

Drama - Legend of the blue sea

45adefd64e3e913fe9d79fccf6b75f2088fc3b89

Place - Palau 

Stamp collected

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

Missed flight no. #8 @YongZura⁷ :sad1:

Hope you had a great trip 

• Love 3
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Missed flight no. #8 @YongZura⁷ 

Don't worry, you can still catch up!  Fighting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm... I would like to guess for our next quest.

We might go back to Europe or the Asia continent.  I wonder whether we'll go to Japan ... another favourite country of mine to visit.  :hwaiting2:

• Love 2
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Hmmm... I would like to guess for our next quest.

We might go back to Europe or the Asia continent.  I wonder whether we'll go to Japan ... another favourite country of mine to visit.  :hwaiting2:

@YongZura⁷  I hope you can visit this country in the future. Just in case, you need to visit Hokkaido. Snow can be found across Hokkaido. The locals say that it snows somewhere in Hokkaido every day during winter. For me, this is the place where I have eaten the best Takoyaki. Taste-wise, they were similar despite having I believe cheese sauce as a difference. There's the smoky flavor from the sauce. Japan attractions  appeal to everyone - they have put it high on travel bucket lists. Hahaha - to eat tempura in Tokyo—this was just one of the reasons Japan tops my bucket lists. Japan is one of my favorite places aside from South Korea  because of its unique cuisine. I was there for my first travel the month of April some years ago, and it was sunny the whole week. The streets had surprisingly few cars. The railway system pretty much takes you to all the major tourist hot spots. There were A LOT of Chinese tourists… Going to Japan actually reminds me a lot of Taipei… Tokyo is full of narrow alleys and walkways and Taipei is similar, too. Even the natural sceneries look similar. I’ve been warned by literally everyone I know who has ever been to Japan that no Japanese people speak English but, surprisingly, some of them speak the language. Almost all of the employees at popular tourist destinations know at least enough English to do their jobs (probably not enough to start a conversation, though). The only time I ran into problems were at restaurants (sometimes… there were still servers who did know English) and shopping at malls like Takashimaya. But everyone was very patient in helping me. Overall, I really loved and enjoyed my first trip. That's why, I am going back again and again there.  :kitty:

8 hours ago, agenth said:

Clue #9:

@agenth 

Spoiler

Drama - Legend of the Blue Sea

Filming location - Spain / SK - I remember Namsan Tower

On paper, Spain has it all: Architecture! Cuisine! Art! Nature! Beaches! But the reality is I did not love it very much. But, Spain is easy enough to travel in. It’s affordable and has good public transport. A common complaint when traveling in Spain is that you will, not often but sometimes, be frustrated by the siesta thing. No, I am not opposed to siestas. Contrary to what some people believe, the Spanish really do earn their siestas. But, I wanted to note that it certainly doesn’t lend itself to the style of travel when you show up in a town with not much of a plan and just a day or two to try and check off all the major attractions. You can find yourself at a loose end in the afternoon. It can be frustrating but you can’t change things in the slightest so I urge you to research attraction opening times in advance. As far as I can tell the shopping is good but I was broke when I was in Spain so I can’t say for sure. - hahaha - It’s wonderful window shopping. Despite, I’d love to give Spain another try.  

Namsan Tower is considered as one of the landmarks in Seoul, so it is really worth visiting.  If this is your first time visiting Seoul then you should visit this place. This tower is in the center of Seoul and one can see this tower anywhere you are in the city. The panoramic view here is not the only thing that highlights this attraction, there's still a lot more. I really enjoyed the place, it is romantic and lovely.  :heart3:

• Love 1
  • Blob 4

4 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I wonder whether we'll go to Japan ... another favourite country of mine to visit.

actually i do want to visit Japan in the near future. I have only visited Tokyo for 15hours (layover over night), and took the opportunity to have some Ramen, stroll through Asakusa, and go to Don Quijote (?). And see some temple- nearby. 

38 minutes ago, willenette said:

ahaha - to eat tempura in Tokyo—this was just one of the reasons Japan tops my bucket lists. Japan is one of my favorite places aside from South Korea  because of its unique cuisine. I was there for my first travel the month of April some years ago, and it was sunny the whole week. The streets had surprisingly few cars. The railway system pretty much takes you to all the major tourist hot spots. There were A LOT of Chinese tourists… Going to Japan actually reminds me a lot of Taipei… Tokyo is full of narrow alleys and walkways and Taipei is similar, too.

awesome. i really loved my two weeks in Taiwan, the train system there was super impressive. what is the minimum one should do in Japan? Is 2 weeks enough? Probably not haha..

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

10 hours ago, larus said:

I guessed the city from the first sentence but not the drama.... Until I remember I read about a comment that this couple had one kiss in the whole drama that was in this city. :grin:

Reveal hidden contents

L.jpg

@larus  Sigh..... that you did not like the drama. Although, true - only 1-kiss and mostly hugs. Only thing missing was a nice passionate kiss. Did it rob you like this? Or maybe some were disappointed how to waste away such chemistry? I guess we need to blame the writer?   :heart2:   :Megalol:

26 minutes ago, agenth said:

actually i do want to visit Japan in the near future. I have only visited Tokyo for 15hours (layover over night), and took the opportunity to have some Ramen, stroll through Asakusa, and go to Don Quijote (?). And see some temple- nearby. 

awesome. i really loved my two weeks in Taiwan, the train system there was super impressive. what is the minimum one should do in Japan? Is 2 weeks enough? Probably not haha..

@agenth  Asakusa is a must go to tourists place when in Tokyo. Besides the famous temple & Tokyo Skytree, it has many shops/dining.  However, it is a bit far out from the main tourist hubs like Shibuya or Shinjuku. Depends on what you like, though. Asakusa is a more 'traditional' area and has a cool local atmosphere.

I always spend 1-week in Japan to visit their surroundings but, I feel that two week itinerary is maximum  for suggestion. A week is the minimum time I recommend for a Japan trip. For  a more relaxed Japan vacation, spend the whole week in Tokyo. What’s NICE is it’s Visa free travel for U.S. citizen tourists.  :heart1:

• Blob 4

The journey around kdrama world is almost ending...

Thanks everyone for joining us in this trip, it's fun because of you and your insights!

@itsmeash you can still try to guess the other clues, or this one:

Clue #10

• Put on a pair of glasses and delve into the world of a different reality. Play the game, survive, thrive - you forget about the danger in the illustrious exteriors of a foreign palace. 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Clue #10

Spoiler

spacer.png

Yup, disliked the ending too.

Spoiler

I really like that part of Spain and of cos Alhambra with its Moorish influence. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Got the answer but didn't understand the clue 😅  (maybe because I haven't watched it too)

It seems that I shoudn't, based on the response above.

(Just following a hunch) after asking Mr. Google 

Spoiler

countries with palaces 🤔

Answer:

Spoiler

#10 Memories of Alhambra

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1