[Drama 2024] Su Ji and Woo Ri - 수지맞은 우리 - Mon to Fri 20:30 KST

0ly40

18 hours ago, vintage said:

when it’s not even 100% established that HS is the father. I still question the paternity because NY is a serial liar. I’m also for HS and NY to part ways. 

The child is definitely not his. She would not be a villain if it was. That's how I see it. I think, in KDrama fashion, the real father will come back soon, especially when problems in the house are getting worse. She definitely didn't tell the real father, probably used him for the baby, and when he realises it, since he's just as terrible as she is, he will blackmail her with the secret for money. I hope he's as shameless as the blackmailer in Love Twist.:joy:

Screenshot-2024-07-06-08-16-38-49-a23b20

18 hours ago, africandramalover said:

URi and co bore me.

Ep74.... The passive aggressive manipulative "you are my sister. I am giving up on you as my girlfriend. Don't think about running away from mother or me. Don't change hospitals..." ...."Soo kyung ah! Soo kyung ah! And you must call me, OPPA!"

OMG now I'm gonna have to skip all his scenes!:angry:

I've just seen the breakup scene and oh no! Is the breakup crafted so that there can now be a love triangle between SuJi's mum, the uncle and the doctor as the next plot point? Noooooooo!:cry: it's the only way to give the uncle relevance and keep him in the show, but I want mum and doc together!

They've all met!! The love interests of SuJi's mum , MaRi and her son Uri... That last scene in ep74 is the beginning of the next phase of the drama....lol!

• Like 3

I like U ri’s sacrificing scenes. I didn’t realise they had many romantic scenes earlier. Their relationship had been just months but they were overtly close. Breaking up was painful for both of them. Again, I don’t comprehend the importance of family registry. @UnniSarah where are you? Have you left after tagging me? The FL is not of stern stuff. Maybe that’s why she got panic attacks.

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

The child is definitely not his. She would not be a villain if it was. That's how I see it. I think, in KDrama fashion, the

I think it is. She is not promiscuous, just twisted with jealousy of SJ. If she loses his baby, it would be more devastating to her than a random guy’s child. I hope she loses it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I've just seen the breakup scene and oh no! Is the breakup crafted so that there can now be a love triangle between SuJi's mum, the uncle and the doctor as the next plot point? Noooooooo!:cry: it's the only way to give the uncle relevance and keep him in the show, but I want mum and doc together!

They've all met!! The love interests of SuJi's mum , MaRi and her son Uri... That last scene in ep74 is the beginning of the next phase of the drama....lol!

am curious to see what happens. really don't think restaurant mom has any feelings for uncle. it wasn't just about sooji but she is someone who doesn't play games. she didn't feel that way about him and never has. like his sister, she wanted him to get married and have his own family.

am still crossing my fingers for restaurant mom and doctor han -- the simple way he described why he keeps coming back to the restaurant. "the warmth you can feel without words" 

:love:

so on a difficult day, he would come to eat and she would cook food without being given an order. she knew his likes and dislikes. from that perspective, mari is right in that doctor han and restaurant mom have a kind of unspoken depth to their interactions. 

am wondering if woori looks like mari's ex because she had a strange look on seeing him. it is going to wound her deeply when woori rejects her. just like doctor han, woori naturally responds to the restrained warmth of restaurant mom. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

her deeply when woori rejects her. just like doctor han, woori naturally responds to the restrained warmth of restaurant mom. 

You get what you give. 

• Like 2

Let's assume that Mari is Uri's bio-mother and he thinks his bio-mother died when he was in middle school. Mari lost her older son when he was a little child. Suji's mom adopted Uri when he was in middle school. So, we can make a conclusion that a woman found Hyun Woo/Uri when he was a child and had him believe that she was his bio-mom until she died from stomach cancer. 

Uri's Timeline as a kid -

• Hyun Woo (Uri) gets lost when he is a child.
  • Gets found by a mysterious woman and she raises Hyun Woo / Uri 
  • That mysterious woman dies from stomach cancer (Never tells Uri that she's not his bio-mom) 
  • Gets adopted by SJ's bio-mom.

Other things to consider... They never mentioned Doori's past but she has the similar name as Uri. It is common in Korea for siblings to have similar names. Was she also raised by the woman that died from stomach cancer? Was Doori actually this woman's bio-daughter?    

• Like 3

Hello everyone

@maribella   

I'm still here. I just haven't found any content to write about yet, and I've been keeping busy with RL  I agree with you, Sj and Uri were really close. He understood her on a very deep level. In my opinion, all his sacrifices were to make Su Ji stronger. However, her anxiety hasn't been cured. She has abandonment issues that will likely persist.

On MyDramaList, a lot of viewers can't understand the psychological trauma Su Ji experienced in her childhood, which explains her fear of living for herself. Living for herself means she would have to let go of the people in her life, particularly the courtyard family who will show her that they'll always be by her side.

Regarding the Uri issue, she pushed him away because she fears being abandoned by him and her mom if she accepts him as a boyfriend. As a brother, she wouldn't lose him if their relationship went sour.

Great timeline @kboramint 

I don't think U ri has any form of paperwork stating he was found by the mom he remembers. I think U ri might have formed an attachment to DR's mom when she found him and chose to raise him until her death. 

@africandramalover  @Lmangla  Yes, DOc Han and SY have great chemistry but I don't think she will end with him. In fact I picture her alone because she has proven she only loves for her children. With Doc Han she feels reallt comfortable with him and  at peace. I think Doc Han and his wife will get back together because of a big misunderstanding between them.  

Reason I think so : I think U RI and Doc Han are father and son. He may think otherwise but he did love HW. Remeber the flashback scene, he looked so happy. He mentioned the loss of HW was hard on both of them. Getting him back will mend their relationship. 

I may be wrong, but that is what I think

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Reason I think so : I think U RI and Doc Han are father and son. He may think otherwise but he did love HW. Remeber the flashback scene, he looked so happy. He mentioned the loss of HW was hard on both of them. Getting him back will mend their relationship. 

Don’t you think the last scene hinted of the wife being the mother? She had implied that HW was not his son. 

In Whatever direction they take the family, I still think it strange that they presented their meeting at the Courtyard Restaurant as something unusual. Uri who works at the hospital her family owns would have bumped into her. I am guessing they will make it the first time they meet and she will wonder at the similarity between him and her first love.

It seemed kdrama that they would get back together once HW returned @UnniSarah. But there has been so much water under the bridge, in real life they would just end the marriage. Would you want to stay married to someone who denigrated you for 30 years?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, maribella said:

In Whatever direction they take the family, I still think it strange that they presented their meeting at the Courtyard Restaurant as something unusual. Uri who works at the hospital her family owns would have bumped into her. I am guessing they will make it the first time they meet and she will wonder at the similarity between him and her first love.

Chingu @maribella Did you watch A place in the Sun. https://asianwiki.com/A_Place_in_the_Sun_(2019)

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Regarding the Uri issue, she pushed him away because she fears being abandoned by him and her mom if she accepts him as a boyfriend. As a brother, she wouldn't lose him if their relationship went sour.

As others have said, she is more hung up on the mother issue than having a relationship with a man. I would think having a mother she had longed for to be with her in the same house and having a guy whom she loves together in the same house would heal her. Being in SY’s family registry seems very important in kdrama. Anyway, if she married Uri, she would be in his family registry. 

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu @maribella Did you watch A place in the Sun. https://asianwiki.com/A_Place_in_the_Sun_(2019)

Yes I did, I think. Isn’t the FL some kind of a nun in another show? I’ll check.

I remember the ML married another woman who connived to get him by getting pregnant. Then the kid died. 

• Like 2

If HW isn’t Jin Tae Sun, A place in the Sun and Su Ji and  U Ri has the same illegitimate son trope. The only difference is that Jin Tae the husband isn’t evil like Choi Tae Joon. in APS CTj knew his wife was pregnant with another man when he married her, he wasn’t forced to marry her. We k knew about ML’s bio mom has fist love and we saw glimpses of his photo in her possession. ma Ri has never grieved for her first love and unlike in the other drama, she was still grieving for him. Ma Ri  had choice to divorce Jin Tae but chose not to. I hope the writer does tell us why she did not go through with it. Is it because she was pregnant , that is why she decided against the divorce.  

@maribella Su Ji issues is that she doesn’t want to be in Yun Ja’s family registry after what she pulled and the destruction of her family/childhood. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe911ipigf9v05nh6ziuch

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9173th1kf57299fkg1uv

Look at how Yun Ja doesn’t even think about SJ but only for Na Young 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91q5q1sb4nlw95grdapb

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

issues is that she doesn’t want to be in Yun Ja’s family registry after what she pulled and the destruction of her family/childhood. 

Can’t she just leave the woman’s registry? Or she needs to be in SY’s registry? 

Sorry, I don’t understand the registry concept. I guess if the mistress had ruined her childhood and she wants to have nothing with them, stop visiting them. After all the grandmother and father knew what she was going through. Break off all ties with each and everyone. she’s still telling people ‘my sister’. 

Ma Ri  had choice to divorce Jin Tae but chose not to. I

She said she was insulted that he wanted to divorce her and leave the hospital. Seeing SY whom she obviously thinks is lowly is another salt to the wound.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maribella said:

Sorry, I don’t understand the registry concept. I guess if the mistress had ruined her childhood and she wants to have nothing with them, stop visiting them. After all the grandmother and father knew what she was going through. Break off all ties with each and everyone. she’s still telling people ‘my sister’. 

Family registy is important due to legal and social recogniction. It's an official record of family lineage. Being registered proves your legal relationship. to other family members and can be necessary for things like claiming inheritace

Family registries can also be a way to connect with your heritage. It's a documented record of your family history. 

• Like 3

@maribella  Information about Family Registration 

Korean Family Census Register (births, marriages, divorces, deaths and adoptions). The family register is compiled for each family unit when the family head has established a permanent address within the jurisdiction of the ward office. 
I am going to try my best to answer you about Family Registry. It is almost like a Birth Certificate but with more information added  under the head of the family. 
For example 

Lee Jun Hyuk - - -> Head of Family 

Son

daughter

wife

and so forth . when do get married his wife name willl be added but when the daughter get married , She gets added to her husband registry that  where husband family info is on the legalized registry. 

So If SJ was to stay connected to Yun Ja legally she will also be responsible for her actions or take care of her when she gets old.  Meaning if she has a debt, Sj would be obligated to take care of it if husband is unable to SJ since she is the eldest. 

This is my full understanding of it, I may be wrong. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91chp9sjges9qvcc36ey

• Like 3

So If SJ was to stay connected to Yun Ja legally she will also be responsible for her actions or take care of her when she gets old.

I don’t know Korean law but being responsible for another person’s action sounds wrong there in any legal system. Ok thanks for the clarifications. 

She gets added to her husband registry that  where husband family info is on the legalized registry. 

She’ll be added to SY’s registry if she marries Uri? Shouldn’t that solve the responsibility part? 
In fact her paying her father’s debt sounds more like her moral sense of obligation. 

Anyway I @kboramint ‘s 

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

Family registries can also be a way to connect with your heritage. It's a documented record of your family hist

Sounds more like a social and historical demands and expectations.

I am not sure about inheritance laws of Korea but in the Anglo Saxon countries a will supersedes the default rulings.

In this story, it looks like Uri’s parentage will solve it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, maribella said:

She’ll be added to SY’s registry if she marries Uri? Shouldn’t that solve the responsibility part? 
In fact her paying her father’s debt sounds more like her moral sense of obligation. 

She wants to be her Daughter legally not Daughter In Law 

Let me clarify my answer, by actions I meant she would be responsible for Yun Ja’s debt and not could also be her guardian if she was ever sick if none of her other children were not around. 

• Like 1

Here's a more detailed breakdown of the events previewed in episode 74:
 * Na Young's manipulative facade continues: Na Young maintains her pretense of being a supportive daughter-in-law to Ma Ri. However, her true motives remain hidden, as her actions are likely intended to antagonize her father-in-law.
 * A challenge from the father-in-law: Intrigued by Na Young's act, the father-in-law throws her a challenge, demanding to see if she's truly capable of what she portrays.
 * Na Young's deceptive agreement: Na Young strategically aligns herself with Ma Ri, voicing agreement about Jung-Tae being too lenient towards Soo-Yeon. This facade of support masks her underlying agenda.
 * Disguised advice with harmful consequences: Na Young offers Ma Ri veiled advice that may appear helpful on the surface. However, it's likely intended to exacerbate Ma Ri's grief and emotional distress.
 * Ma Ri's need for support:  The preview highlights Ma Ri's vulnerability and isolation in her grief.  While Jung-Tae seems convinced of Ha-Won's absence, Ma Ri clings to hope. To truly heal, Ma Ri needs someone to empathize with her and guide her through the grieving process.

Tell me what do you guy think? @Lmangla @maribella@mjmartinez@africandramalover @tulip06 @kboramint @backstreetboysfan

Thank you @partyon and @Lmanglafor the Polls.  I am back 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1