[Current Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어- Byun Woo Seok & Kim Hye Yoon- Mon&Tue

larus

27 minutes ago, larus said:

Many. I did not count.

I saw at least 3 or 4. Could have been more :D

19070167.gif

Am sorry, but could kdramas come up with a new trope soon? :D

I just don't find them the least bit romantic. Or realistic. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

Byeon Woo Seok Only Has Eyes For Kim Hye Yoon In

Byeon Woo Seok Only Has Eyes For Kim Hye Yoon In "Lovely Runner"

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a new time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Spoilers

The newly released stills depict Im Sol and Ryu Sun Jae making unforgettable memories together. In the photos, the two squat down near a large tree and bury a time capsule beneath it. Throughout the scene, the two can’t stop smiling while looking affectionately at each other.

kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seok-3-.jpegbyeon-woo-seok-5.jpegkim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seok-1-.jpeg

More stills depict Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol on a romantic date at the movies. Like any other couple, the two are having an enjoyable time together, but Ryu Sun Jae is nervous to spend time alone with Im Sol and can’t take his eyes off of her.

Spoiler

byeon-woo-seok-7.jpegkim-hye-yoon-3-2.jpegbyeon-woo-seok-kim-hye-yoon-3.jpeg

The upcoming dates will be Im Sol’s surprise suggestion. In the new episode, Im Sol will melt Ryu Sun Jae’s heart with her bright energy, and viewers will be able to enjoy their heart-fluttering excitement through their romantic date.

The next episode of “Lovely Runner” will air on April 22 at 8:25 p.m. KST, which is 25 minutes earlier than its usual broadcast time of 8:50 p.m. KST due to the broadcast of the AFC U-23 Asian Cup.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656315wpp/byeon-woo-seok-only-has-eyes-for-kim-hye-yoon-in-lovely-runner

• Like 1

Byeon Woo Seok Is Bold In Showing His Affection For Kim Hye Yoon In "Lovely Runner"

Apr 22, 2024
by S Nam

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has previewed the upcoming episode!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a new time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Spoilers

In the newly released stills, Ryu Sun Jae is out to capture Im Sol’s heart. Despite having shared a heart-fluttering first kiss, Ryu Sun Jae has yet to confess his feelings to Im Sol. In the upcoming episode, Ryu Sun Jae will make a second attempt at confessing.

The stills depict Ryu Sun Jae giving his necktie to Im Sol, who forgot hers at home, and even tying it around her neck. Im Sol looks flustered from the encounter, raising anticipation for the romantic scene.

byeon-woo-seok-8.jpeg

kim-hye-yoon-4.jpeg

Furthermore, Ryu Sun Jae uses studying as an excuse to register at a study room and sit next to Im Sol, staying right by her side. In particular, the upcoming episode will show a change in their relationship as Im Sol recalls that Ryu Sun Jae saved her life in the past.

kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seok-5.jpeg

Spoiler

byeon-woo-seok-9.jpeg

The upcoming episodes will further develop the tense love triangle between Im Sol, Ryu Sun Jae, and Kim Tae Sung (Song Geon Hee), piquing viewers’ curiosity about their romance.

Spoiler

byeon-woo-seok-song-geon-hee.jpeg

The next episode of “Lovely Runner” will air on April 22 at 8:25 p.m. KST, which is 25 minutes earlier than its usual broadcast time of 8:50 p.m. KST due to the broadcast of the AFC U-23 Asian Cup.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656375wpp/byeon-woo-seok-is-bold-in-showing-his-affection-for-kim-hye-yoon-in-lovely-runner

• Like 3

Spoiler

Thinking that kim taeri happened to him why did he not show up in the future and seo says he is sorry for something that he did may that by mistake he could save him

Some say Im Sol is immature for her age, as a fangirl myself i think it is normal and can relate. We do see that Im Sol will kinda act her age sometimes when she is with Kim Tae Sung, lol.

Finished ep 5 and so eagerly waiting for ep 6 tonight.

Ep 5 thots:

Spoiler

1. I really like how the audio recording appears again and became Sun Jae's confession to Im Sol at the same time he tells her to break up w Tae Sung! I think it's very well done.

2. Love the little expressions of Sun Jae whenever his heart flutters w Im Sol

3. My heart ached for Sun Jae when Im Sol didnt understand why he went on stage to sing (just to win her a new phone), our poor (tall) puppy...

4. The hiding behind the lamp post and Im Sol stepping on Sun Jae's head was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :).

20240423011144_lovely-runner-0423.jpeg?s

"Lovely Runner" Takes No. 1 In Ratings Despite Dips Across The Board

Byeon Woo Seok and  Kim Hye Yoon‘s “Lovely Runner” is going strong!

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 22 broadcast of tvN’s “Lovely Runner” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.4 percent. This is a similar score to its previous episode’s rating and personal best of 3.44 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656568wpp/lovely-runner-takes-no-1-in-ratings-despite-dips-across-the-board

• Blob 1

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I still have not watched episode 5 yet. I am waiting to watch it on the weekend. I want to watch episode 5 and 6 back to back. 

Wow, you are very disciplined, i can never wait that long if i m excited about the storyline...>.<

• Blob 2

20240423104215_lovely-runner-6-1.jpg?s=9

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon's Close Proximity Ignites Romantic Tension In "Lovely Runner"

Apr 23, 2024
by M Lim

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has dropped new heart-fluttering stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

Spoilers

In the latest stills, Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol captivate viewers with their intimate moments while in the room of Im Sol’s brother Im Geum (Song Ji Ho), being cautious not to disturb his sleep.

In one image, Ryu Sun Jae is taken by surprise when Im Sol suddenly covers his mouth. Seeking refuge from Im Geum’s potential discovery, Ryu Sun Jae wraps Im Sol in a blanket, holding her close. As Im Sol cautiously peeks out from beneath the cover, their closeness heightens the romantic tension between them.

Spoiler

lovely-runner-6.jpeg

lovely-runner-6-1.jpeg

In another frame, Ryu Sun Jae remains visibly affected by the encounter, unable to control his pounding heart as he reflects on the lingering warmth from Im Sol’s touch.

Lastly, Im Sol is portrayed tenderly observing Ryu Sun Jae’s sleeping face while seated by his side in a quiet moment of contemplation.

Spoiler

lovely-runner-6-3.jpeg

lovely-runner-6-2.jpeg

The production team commented, “Im Sol struggles to protect Ryu Sun Jae while he continues to make direct advances toward her. Episode 6 will mark a turning point in the relationship between the two. In particular, the backstory of Ryu Sun Jae’s 15-year unrequited love will be revealed, so please stay tuned for today’s broadcast.”

The next episode of “Lovely Runner” will air on April 23 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656699wpp/byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoons-close-proximity-ignites-romantic-tension-in-lovely-runner

• Thanks 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 6! :).

20240424014610_NothingUncovered.jpeg?s=9

"Nothing Uncovered" Ratings Return To All-Time High

Meanwhile, episode 6 of tvN’s “Lovely Runner” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.4 percent, maintaining a similar score to its previous episode’s rating and personal best of 3.44 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656812wpp/nothing-uncovered-ratings-return-to-all-time-high

Ep 6 thots:

Spoiler

To be frank i enjoyed every episode and i like that it always ends on a "cliffhanger" that makes me look forward to next ep! I am excited that we are going back to 2023 next ep to see how the future has changed for both of them.

1. Sun Jae is too good that i doubt there will be any second lead syndrome (anyone to prove me wrong?). Too bad for Tae Seong, haha. He quite pitiful also, just want some sincere love from others.

2. All the heart fluttering moments between Sun Jae and Im Sol...squueee

3. I wonder what happened to Tae Seong in the future. Why is he not in the band? Did he die?

4. Im Sol is still seeing Sun Jae as a dazzling idol and she as his fan hence she belittles herself and dont think she deserve to accept his love. But she is also clear headed as she know her future self wont stay long and her 19yo self will not like Sun Jae the way she did, so it is not fair to accept his love and let 19yo self to get confused and den break Sun Jae's heart again.

• Like 2

20240425185923_lovely-runner-8.jpg?s=900Watch: Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Banter Playfully On Set Of "Lovely Runner"

Apr 25, 2024
by J Lee

Lovely Runner” has unveiled its latest making-of video!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a new time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan who is devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok) and goes back in time to save him.

The newest video captures Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon’s adorable moments while filming their dating scenes. One scene opens with the actors sitting in a movie theater while Byeon Woo Seok gleefully indulges in popcorn. Kim Hye Yoon then playfully teases Byeon Woo Seok for picking out only the sweet-flavored ones, and he proceeds to devour the entire basket. Byeon Woo Seok jokingly defends his actions by explaining that he ate them all to keep Kim Hye Yoon from eating sweet, unhealthy food.

vlcsnap-2024-04-25-13h15m23s468.png

In another scene, Byeon Woo Seok helps Kim Hye Yoon adjust the height of her bicycle saddle as he teaches her to ride it. While Kim Hye Yoon praises him at first, saying, “He’s looking all professional and cool,” she later jokingly remarks, “But when you look closely at how he’s doing, he’s not as skilled [as he appears].” Nonetheless, she eventually masters cycling thanks to Byeon Woo Seok’s persistent efforts.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2024-04-25-13h15m54s148.png

A later scene depicts their two characters going on a date at a baseball game. Byeon Woo Seok is determined to express his feelings to Kim Hye Yoon, but his attempt fails as his voice grows hoarse from excessive shouting at the stadium. He then drags her to a quieter place to film the love confession scene, to which Kim Hye Yoon teasingly says, “Being in such a remote location makes me scared. Why would you come all the way here to confess your feelings?”

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2024-04-25-13h18m09s795.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1657229wpp/lee-min-ki-and-kwak-sun-young-showcase-an-ideal-senior-junior-relationship-in-upcoming-drama-crash

• Blob 2

Lovely Runner: Episodes 5-6

by Dramaddictally

Summer vibes this week with sunshine, rainbows, and heart eyes as our leads get oh-so-close together. But with our heroine’s “boyfriend” causing a barrier, rivalry and jealousy brew between our two high school boys. Plus, we’re introduced to a crime plotline that I did not see coming — and with so many feel-goods packed around it, I’m mostly choosing to ignore it until next week.

EPISODES 5-6

The squees are back! And if there’s one thing this drama knows how to do, it’s hit me right in the ribs. The distance that was so evident last week in the way our leads relate to each other is starting to melt away as Sun-jae pushes toward Sol and Sol starts to reconsider why she’s in the past.

We ended with an epic hug on the shore last week, and now, as our leads taxi home together, Sol learns that she and Sun-jae have met before. He tells her about the first time he saw her — that day in the rain — and she realizes that she’s viewed him as unreachable all this time, but he was right there all along. They’ve had a series of missed connections (including the time he saved her life), and she wonders: “Not missing those signals — could that be the reason why I came here and why I met you again?”

With that setup, the majority of the next two hours are just bliss as Sun-jae’s heart practically explodes any time he sees Sol smile. But, he’s careful not to come too close since, technically, she’s still dating Tae-sung. Technicalities aside, it’s no secret where Sol’s interests lie. And this dynamic — between “boyfriend” and “object of attention” — leads to a series of mini macho competitions that (sorry) are just beautiful to watch.

For example, when Sol forgets her tie at school, Sun-jae removes his own and slips it over her head (holy smokes this moment). This leads Tae-sung to seek out Sun-jae and ask what’s up with him and his girlfriend, as they try to outrun each other on the high school track. And it’s not just the shots of triceps that have me captivated. I’d say our two flirtatious and good-looking male leads have almost as much onscreen chemistry with each other as they do with our heroine (thank you casting director).

But even though Sol is giving Sun-jae all of her attention, her motivations are still mostly rooted in her fangirl love and mission to save his life. She gives him a time capsule, which they bury together, and instructs him not to open it until midnight January 1, 2023 (the time of his death). She also tries to soothe him by not allowing him to watch the Olympic games when Korea is about to win the gold in swimming, fearing he’ll be too sad.

To distract him, she takes him on a date to the movies, where he tries to act cool and uninterested. She, on the other hand, grabs ahold of his head and turns it toward her face when she worries he’ll see the swim competition on TV. It’s pretty hard for him not to misread that and, try as he might to keep a neutral face, he can’t hold back his dimples. By the time she puts her headphones over his ears to stop him from hearing the news, he looks ready to melt.

But all the antics lead to an important moment. When Sun-jae actually sees the Korean swimmer win the gold, he cheers alongside everyone else. Sol misread him. And he tells her that even if he had known he’d have to quit swimming, he’d have done it anyway. He was happy when he swam, and if he didn’t do it, he would never have known that happiness. He doesn’t regret it, even though it ended (which is just lovely life advice). He assures her that he’s all right — and I think she’s finally getting to know the real Sun-jae.

Things get a little wonky when In-hyuk needs a new vocalist for his band (already called Eclipse) and he asks Sun-jae to fill in. Sol is really upset to see him on stage, imagining the future this might lead to. So later, when she finds out that Sun-jae agreed to sing in order to win a new phone for Sol (she lost hers that night she fell in the reservoir), she’s angry. They start to argue and she tells him not to worry about her — instead he should just be selfish.

Sun-jae chews on that advice during the night, and in the morning, he agrees to only think of himself. In that vein, he asks her to break up with Tae-sung. Can she do that for him? And just at the moment when Sun-jae is saying this to Sol, she’s hearing the recording from the night at the pool when he said he liked her. So, it’s a sweet kind of double confession — to which she responds by thinking, “Why would he like me?” before running away in a panic. (Oh Sol, give yourself some credit!)

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/lovely-runner-episodes-5-6/

• Blob 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:13 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

If Im Sol talks herself out of being with him after finally hearing his confession ...

Just like @bibianni19 said, accepting his confession would only hurt Sun Jae when her 19 year old self is back.

And ofcourse its a kdrama with 16 eps, that confession acceptance aint gonna happen until ep 8 or 9 most probably.

Wonder what the plot holds for the future eps though,

so far am in love with the chemistry btwn the leads.

Look at these cuties

Cant wait for their 2023 adulthood era

9fa67960fa7778e3ecf77c92d9da28c21285f468

• Like 2

🌟 Are you looking forward to summer, sun and fun? 🌟

Then come and explore the world of drama, and its real-life locations. Click the link below to join the excitement now!

Let's dive in and solve the clues together! 🕵️♂️