[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

2 hours ago, maribella said:

The guy is missing his wife? He was either being abusive or standoffish with her while alive but he misses her when she's dead. No, don't think so.

Yeah, after watching today's episode I was starting to think I might be backing the wrong horse, but I'm sticking with him for now.  Its all a build up to a better redemption arc ... I hope :rolleyes:

He obviously cheated on her with the billionaire SFL and now he wants another easy woman whom he thinks is a rich Japanese.

New York No GIF by HULU

But if Ye Kyung is dead, why isn't anyone asking for her?

Maybe she's gonna be like the missing son in Red Shoes that only shows up in the last 20 episodes to get the drama over the finish line :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

I think the ML will be the first to find out that the FL is really his wife. They might drag it til' Episode 50-60 though. 

But based on other daily dramas, it might be the SML that first finds out. This is when the SML start liking the FL more. 

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think the first one to find out her identity will be the ML(JKY) or JWH.

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Yes, its always the SML to find out first in daily dramas. 

Looks like we got another Poll question -

I'm going with one of the secondary characters figuring it out first.  Similar to how one of Miss Montecristo's friends recognized her before anyone else did - The daughter, or one of the staff at WJ/NA

But ... on the off chance its a major character, I'm going with the 2FL - she's already worked up enough to start digging into the FL's past.

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

37 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Looks like we got another Poll question -

I'm going with one of the secondary characters figuring it out first.  Similar to how one of Miss Montecristo's friends recognized her before anyone else did - The daughter, or one of the staff at WJ/NA

But ... on the off chance its a major character, I'm going with the 2FL - she's already worked up enough to start digging into the FL's past.

Ohh it could be the 2nd FL to that is true.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

The ML might not be a cheater but he's a total a-hole with anger issues.

1. He doesn't seem to trust Ju-Kyung anymore. He even shoves her down onto the floor.
  2. He is also petty. He is still angry because Ju-Kyung ignored him when he asked her to come to the office in front of all the employees.
  3. He tries to kick one of his employees 
  4. He didn't like that Ju-Kyung hired the SML as an actor, and she is not following his orders so he clears his desk.
  5. He asks Ju-Kyung if she is having an affair with Na after Ju-Kuyng first asks why he was at an event with the SFL
  6. The SFL calls him, he tells SFL that he'll come over to her apartment in front of Ju-Kyung. You could tell he's only doing this out of anger because he had no interest in the SFL throughout this episode and the last episode. 
  7. Ju-Kyung tells the ML that she's pregnant with a second child but he demands her to have an abortion.  

Also, the ML has Eun-Ha's phone. Why does he have her phone? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also, the ML has Eun-Ha's phone. Why does he have her phone? 

Because he is a piece of rubbish, a loser. Instead of supporting his wife's efforts, he looked at her as a competitor. He is not even a good loser. Otherwise, he would recognise her superior capabilities. 

I can't think how the writer could turn him into a good guy, just to please @LeftCoastOppa. The rest of us will go wth happened. :Megalol:

He is not the hero but the guy is the main male actor so I'll refer to him as ML.

• LOL 4

20 hours ago, kboramint said:

The SFL calls him, he tells SFL that he'll come over to her apartment in front of Ju-Kyung. You could tell he's only doing this out of anger because he had no interest in the SFL throughout this episode and the last episode. 

The moment he saw her in the US snd being told that she was a billionaire, he was interested.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Bold Predictions:

Does anyone think SFL's biological father is the corrupt politician? The SFL has said that she was abandoned as a child by her mother. I'm not saying his current wife is her biological mother but based off what I think looks like a video of the corrupt politician drinking with hostesses, he probably had a mistress that gave birth to her.

Eun-Ha didn't commit suicide. She was pushed off the building.    

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

BTS Product Placement Alert:

For people who are wondering why most daily dramas take place in mostly in fashion or cosmetics corporations. It's so they can product place withen the offices. Since this drama takes place in an Entertainment company, they can't really product place anywhere so I get why they decided to have WJ Entertainment working with Miyu Cosmetics withen the story.

Look out for the SML's mom (or another secondary  character) to open either a (Chicken or Burger) restaurant or a furniture store. 

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

a furniture store. 

The bed with all the gadgets. Now people think all Koreans sleep on flat no mattress bed and eat fried chicken all the time.

If we know who EH's parents are, then that would be the SFL's parents.

The politician's wife was married to the actor from Miss M. That could be a clue.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

So there I was, catching up on the last 4 episodes when about half way through, we're treated to the fact the ML was an abused child, with the not unexpected addition of deep seeded daddy issues.  So of course, I begin crafting yet another plausible albeit tenuous defense of our misunderstood hero and then ... I watched episode 11 (raw)

... well RickRoll'D :phew:

Call The Midwife Drama GIF by PBS

So while "eagerly" awaiting subs to see just how bad the damage really is, suffice it to say my position on the ML has changed somewhat ...

giphy.gif

( I still don't want to see the FL with puppy dog Oppa ):rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

So, MIL is the wicked witch of the West. Who throws a temper tantrum like that in public? She is so not classy, very uncouth!

I think she's going to get involved in the accident that leads to FL's "death" which I still think is really going to be Ye-Kyung's (FL's orphanage sister) death. 

Daily dramas seem to have some elder characters that are villians. I think she and the corrupt politian fit the bill. 

• Like 2