[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

I don't usually critique English language props, simply because it's not proper. Usually the props department has to come up with props on a moment's notice, and they do a bang-up job for producing realistic content. In my opinion, Korean drama prop departments are extraordinarily good given their shoestring budgets.

But occasionally, a bit of humor can be had. Witness this screenshot from my camera from Episode 38:

spacer.png

FART WORLD COMPANY!

https://www.fartwc.com (NOTE: Link is not active)

I'd say that art is sometimes a bit gaseous, but then again what do I know :) In any case, I'm guessing that the props department actually knew what they were depicting on their spelling as an inside joke or giggety-giggety Easter Egg.

PS: The actual domain is not active, probably not registered.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

On 10/11/2023 at 1:50 AM, kboramint said:

I'm sorry but the new actor just makes the Ki-Yoon character different. This is not the same character we have seen in the past 32 episodes. He's dressed diffrently, and he acts diffrently. It just feels like a whole new character. 

I agree, Lee Si Kang will change the character not only from this image but also behaviour, specially  glance of eyes,  his face is massive comparing with Jin Woo's ... Yes, it was Jin Woo's decision to leave the show but he was really suitable to the character. Why? With his youthful appearance he could act KY's  internal tear, inside drama... just a weak person who was a toy in someone's game. Si Kang can't follow this idea...and we have a new...drama!  But the last voice belongs to the director. Uhm,... I will stop watching because of Jin Woo... Watching once again, as you said, for me ,  it is a lost of time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I’m now feeling really sorry for Jacklyn. Her constant downfall is getting tedious. Either kill the character off, or make her leave. 

True. She’s SFL, for goodness sakes, why give her so much screen time, bested only by the loud MIAV woman.

Who is the elegant character here? JT? Not JK, or maybe the MIL. She is dressed too young at times and looks  like she is going out everyday.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maribella said:

True. She’s SFL, for goodness sakes, why give her so much screen time, bested only by the loud MIAV woman.

Who is the elegant character here? JT? Not JK, or maybe the MIL. She is dressed too young at times and looks  like she is going out everyday.

Actually, I like Jacklyn's style.  That said, she needs to leave the show.  Once she is penniless, and she is on her way to penniless, JK's revenge will be done. 

• Like 2

Going to feel bad for Bit-Na if we discover that the Assemblyman is Woo-Hyuk's biological father. That makes them half-siblings.

Unless....

We find out that Bit-Na is the bio daughter of the elder actor.

They are really pushing Jacklyn's sad back story and depressing life now. The writers want us to feel sorry for her? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

They are really pushing Jacklyn's sad back story and depressing life now. The writers want us to feel sorry for her? 

I don’t see the point in making Jacklyn have a sad back story when she is clearly on her way out of the show. Unless she teams up with JK at some point? 

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

I don’t see the point in making Jacklyn have a sad back story when she is clearly on her way out of the show. Unless she teams up with JK at some point? 

If I was the writer, I would like it for Jacklyn to find out the truth about her sister and it will make her determined to find out if Eun-Ha really did commit suicide. This is how you keep her in the show.  

• Like 3

On 10/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, tulip06 said:

Every time I watch this show, I am absolutely mesmerized by Jaclyn’s schnozz.

Great - now I can't watch a single scene with JT without focusing on her nose :lol:

On 10/24/2023 at 10:19 PM, liyahsbutterfly said:

Loving Jacklyn's downfall. I am curious about her, though. Whatever happened to the revenge she was after?

On 10/24/2023 at 5:35 PM, tulip06 said:

I’m now feeling really sorry for Jacklyn. Her constant downfall is getting tedious. Either kill the character off, or make her leave.

After watching JT with her bio mom today, I gotta believe she's on the verge of a mental break down.  I'm still waiting on a credible explanation on how she could become so attached to KY & family when he's been nothing but slimy since they met - She always had eyes on his $$$ and company, so sleeping with him wasn't a stretch, but when did tawdry lust become heartfelt love? :blink:

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

him , girl am not interested for the 100 time 

she be like .. 

Lollipop Girl is irrepressible in her affection for Puppy Oppa and I love it  :love: 

10 hours ago, kboramint said:

Going to feel bad for Bit-Na if we discover that the Assemblyman is Woo-Hyuk's biological father. That makes them half-siblings.

Unless....

We find out that Bit-Na is the bio daughter of the elder actor.

I think thats exactly whats going to happen.  That said, I think the writers are telegraphing that the two will end up together in the end by building up the faux sibling/ parentage drama now.

So after CEO Na's conversations with JK & Puppy Oppa today, here are some of my shameless predictions for the rest of the drama ...

- I think CEO Na's clear distress over what he set in motion, will end up revealing (somehow) that as much of a monster as KY is, he wasn't responsible for Eun-Ha's death

- If and when the above happens, Na will go all out to save JT from JK & KY

- JT ( if she can keep herself from killing anyone ) will probably end up with Na in the end, and at least one heartfelt moment when Mom will remember her.

- The Assemblyman will become the primary villain

- Elder Actor & Puppy Oppa's Mom ... still No

- Puppy Oppa finally gives in to Lollipop Girl, and the world is made a little brighter thereby :heart:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2