[Drama 2023] My Gold, My Jade - 금이야, 옥이야 - Mon to Fri 8:30 - 9:00 KST

0ly40

Just like i thought. Reason Jandi wants to be an idol is to find her mother/get her attention.

JP and his friend still being jerks to Jandi. Jandi gets mad. Both their mothers come and being nasty to Jandi. Jandi finds out and refuse to believe it. Jandi runs away. KS has a flashback from when Seon-Ju left. KS chases. Jandi ends up at the supposed agency. KS calls HR and HS and they are also out looking. KS,YJ,HR,HS at the police station to report. KS keep looking everywhere.

Dark outside. KS talking with HR. MR back at the art academy and get call from HR. She ask about Jandi but she hasnt been found yet. MR putting away stuff in storage and hears something and get scared. MR slowly looking. She sees Jandi eating something and get startled and screaming. Bakery scene.

KS keeps looking and asking people if they seen her. MR calls KS that she found Jandi.Jandi and MR talk. KS comes and Jandi mad and walks out. KS thanks MR and runs after Jandi. Jandi wants to still be a girlgroup member but KS forbid it. Jandi confess she want to be it cause she wants to find her mother. MR outside and stays on a distance. Jandi crying and KS comfort Jandi.

GC and MR mom eating. GS sees it and shocked. GC confront GC if he is dating MR mom. KS and Jandi walk together and talk. Jandi doesnt want KS touching her hair. KS does it anyway to tease Jandi and run off. KS and Jandi arrive home. YJ hit her lightly to scold her and then ask Jandi for a hug and she ends up doing it and ends.

In the preview is the scene where MR helps Jandi from the store owner who refused to pay her. KS BIL tries to feed Chairman and Chairman looks pissed. BIL acts like he is feeding a child.

Episode 8 Preview

As Joo-hyeok returns to Korea, tensions begin to build up in Kyu-cheol's house, and Kang-san takes on other jobs to earn a deposit.
Meanwhile, the relationship between Mirae and JANDI, which started with bad luck, begins again in a place no one expected...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So now the girlgroup chapter is over atleast. Even if Jandi is immature, i felt sad for her that she feels the need to get famous for her mother to come see her. She never told KS how she really felt because she didn't want to make him sad from it.

KS said she should slowly think about what shes good at and what she wants to do. Jandi thinks she isn't good at anything. Guess she will start at the art academy later this week.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lunkera said:

So now the girlgroup chapter is over atleast. Even if Jandi is immature, i felt sad for her that she feels the need to get famous for her mother to come see her. She never told KS how she really felt because she didn't want to make him sad from it.

KS said she should slowly think about what shes good at and what she wants to do. Jandi thinks she isn't good at anything. Guess she will start at the art academy later this week.

I had a thought that is why she wanted to be an Idol now it is done to let her find her true dream.

• Like 2

The incident of the girlgroup venture revealed how the disappearance of Seon-Ju affected
Gang-San, Jan-Di and Hong-Do.  It must be that each of them blames themselves for what happened with Seon-Ju.  
Since it’s a painful topic, they just have been tiptoeing around it all these years and carried the feelings of guilt/regret/sorrow.  Because of Jan-Di’s crisis, they began to let others know about their pains.
It was sad to see when Hong-Do told Jan-Di that she felt guilty about not helping Seon-Ju so she wanted to help with Jan-Di’s girlgroup fee.  And Jan-Di explained to Gang-San that she wanted to be in a girlgroup to find her missing mom.  

Mi-Rae knows about the pain of loss and began to make a connection with Jan-Di. It’s the right time for her to be around Jan-Di who is having a growing problem. 

• Like 3

Yeah  the daughter  is a sweetheart she just holding in  alot  of pain glad she finally told her dad what's bothering her.

MR is already a good  listener  and a  influence on Jandi. Not to say her dad  isn't doing a great job just sometimes you need someone else to talk too.

• Like 3

@dramaninja Yeah, MR personality and having similiar pain means MR can relate to how Jandi feels. Also get through to her in a way her family can't. People complaining about Jandi, but teenagers are immature and get into trouble. I find it more interesting and more fun with the character. We had so many dramas where the child is very young so this plot is refreshing. People have expectations she will be completely sweet and obedient but that's not how teenager works. Especially someone like Jandi who also have her problems and scars. This is why character development exist....

• Like 2

SML came back.

So Chairman obviously see KS BIL sucking up to him so no wonder hes annoyed. MR and HR handing pamphlets i think about the academy. HR thinks its enough but MR wants to continue awhile and HR leaves. SJ and JP sees MR and walks up to her. SJ the snob thinks its embarassing. JP have no choice to agree since hes under the control of his mother.  Store owner is bullying Jandi who tries to get the money he owes. MR helps Jandi get the money back. Jandi calls her friend to let her know.  KS is worried again since Jandi phone is turned off. He call Jandi friend. Jandi and MR talk. Jandi first call MR ahjumma and she is not happy haha. They do get along well. Jandi doesnt want MR to tell her father about the part-time job. MR have Jandi write a pledge. Something about MR won't tell aslong as she doesnt do anything like this again. KS and Jandi friend comes and Jandi thinks MR betrayed her. But it was Jandi friend. They end up showing KS the pledge. Jandi gave her friend the share she was owed. She wants to eat something Tteokkbokki i think and Jandi ask if she can go. KS also had some side dishes for MR i think. MR and KS drink coffee and talk happily and laughing. HR comes and is visibly jealous. Evening GC taking MR mom back home. They run into MR outside. GC leave. MR and her mom say somethings and are on their way back inside and ep ends.

KS will run into JP and SJ at the home and SJ is shocked.

Episode 9 Preview

With both hands and feet in Man-seok, Sang-su eventually recommends Kang-san as Man-seok’s caregiver. Desperate for a penny, Kang San prepares everything and enters the mansion of the owner's family of Hwang Dong Food...

• Like 2

Was busy so didnt watch it fully. SJ started attacking KS with words and such. KS left eventually. MR ran into KS outside the house and MR learn that it was Jandi who hit JP. MR speaks for KS and Jandi to her mother infront of SJ. They also find out Jandi is her student. MR doesnt know the reason but she says there must be a reason why Jandi did that. MR already defending her future stepdaughter.

KS having a nosebleed in preview and Jandi looks worried.

10 previews
Sang-soo denounces Kang-san and Hong-do, saying that his position is embarrassing, and even though Kang-san runs two jobs, the wall of reality is only high.
Meanwhile, Kyu-chul feels uncomfortable with Joo-hyeok, who shows off his presence at the company...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@dramaninja Yes, some annoying characters. But atleast i like the vibe and concept more than the previous 2. I also don't have to bother with ES. HD may be similiar but nowhere close to ES. Too much complaining on Watchasian. I'll probably consider soon to drop making recaps/comments there. Since it's almost only complaints. People are fine with murder plots and such but can't even tolerate a teenager in the beginning of the drama.

• Like 1