[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

30 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

This is also a daily. She might show up at the end and have Aera/Hyunjung punished...

yea, that makes sense; the switch back needs to happen. for that serin has to be alive. it would be strange if GW's soul continued to live in serin's body for the rest of her life. 

3 hours ago, Chickpea said:

@Lmangla  Greetings,  chingu!  Is it just me or does anyone else think stoic, reasonable,  calm lawyer brother is just the kind of man OSR needs?  I get the writer seems to want to put him together with dimwit sister clone of her mother but that would be, in my opinion,  a waste of man-kind.  Not to mention keeping the Nams and Jungs in a family relationship.  Like I said above, OSR is a brat, she's headstrong and she is in serious need of something to control her emotions and a good spanking.  But she's basically a good person.   She's has good values, principals, she's independent, she's courageous.  Kind of like all the qualities you want in an attorney...  And marrying into the Jungs will give OSR a family, she'll no longer be an orphan.  The synopsis says she's an heiress who "owns everything".  I don't see it but, okay, maybe the tantrums are how we're supposed to see her as a brat.  She's the character who will come the  farthest in this drama. JGU and TY make a good couple because they're also so alike.  Boring,  as you said.  The kind of people who will go to work, pay taxes, raise HN and not make waves.  OSR and lawyer brother are the kind of people who make waves, ride those waves, change lives and society.  By right HYMAJAR belongs in the Nam family.  They made her what she is, they should fix it.  I think that's what Honorary Chairman is trying to do.  But she's so warped.  You mentioned the original actress played OSR as a murderous psychopath.  There's also the order she gave for NYJ to be killed so he couldn't donate his liver.  I don't know... like I said, OSR is a basket case of volatile emotions. I don't think she'd actually kill anyone, I think she just "wishes them dead" as we say.  When the curly headed fellow mentioned she ordered him to kill NYJ, she rolled her eyes.  That's not what, say, HYMAJAR would do.  That's what someone does to say, "seriously? you took me seriously?".  Trying to strangle JGU, well, she did think the Jungs killed her sister, JGU was responsible for TY maybe being at death's door and we needed a catalyst for the soul switch.  My point is, OSR has never actually killed anyone, just threatened to do so.  How many people has HYMAJAR actually killed?  Two? Three?  With two more attempted murders?  To paraphrase my very wise momma... sticks and stones may break my bones but threats will never harm me...  Can't wait...

hahahaha.. you described it perfectly; am not sure why but every other daily has the brother character hook up with a dimwit of a sister-in-law and the poor guy looks like his world just got zapped out of energy. even here, lawyer brother looks so bored when he has to interact with dimwit. he does not have much to say. whereas every interaction with serin, he comes alive. she has kept him on his toes and his brain is working overtime. so he needs some spice and she needs some head whacks from him. I laughed when she threw that chili or whatever in his face and they played run and catch. it is fun to watch them. lets hope she survived and is hiding somewhere and we get to see this relationship sail. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Ep. 83.  What!!!  Didn't see that coming but also did see it coming.  OSR can't be dead; otherwise, the souls can't go back to where they belong.  These dramas are huge on everything going back where it belongs.  What I do think is she's out of the game for now until the truck of doom comes for JGU.  She's just too volatile and unpredictable.  She acts on emotion which puts her at a huge disadvantage with the Demon (my new name for HY-masquerading-as-JAR).  Then the souls switch and revived OSR has amnesia which gives her a modicum of peace.  That's my hope.  But the Demon getting her hands on the flash drive has just ruined my weekend, maybe my next five weekends...  Have a good one, chingus!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

why do characters always end up in an isolated place or woods when being in a city is safer :weary: 

people always gotta make extra copies of important things or upload them somewhere

last time we thought TY was going to die in the beginning he just ends up in a coma so maybe SR is too, but I've seen a Thai drama with a soul swap plot where 2 main guys still kept living in each other's bodies/lives in the ending (even married too) 
the honorary chairman being evil seems out of place I wonder if it's all just a misunderstanding then AR finally regrets her evil deeds in the end, if her hatred and revenge was directed onto GU instead of him she already succeeded since she was the one who suffered the most from all this

YJ sis is just ditzy/airheaded I don't really ship them together 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@crystaltears  Agree with your assessment of the Honorary Chairman.  Obviously something happened but what HY believes, that HC intervened to save his son which resulted in her mother's death, is based on what her uncle told her and what he believes will always be what he can use to extort money from someone.   HC has shown only goodness throughout the drama.  Leopards don't change their spots...

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

strange if GW's soul continued to live in serin's body for the rest of her life. 

Ehem, ehem this kdrama remember. That IV must be a fake one, else she would not die. :glasses:

So HN will die too because she hasn't got the liver. Another dead kid, tsk tsk. This writer is bloodythirsty. 

YJ really hit someone this time? He's a real patsy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea, that makes sense; the switch back needs to happen. for that serin has to be alive. it would be strange if GW's soul continued to live in serin's body for the rest of her life.

Agreed. I wonder what would happen to trigger the switch though.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Oh Se Rin died??? That was unexpected :wut:

They could have just sent the USB drive to police using express courier or something (I remember the MBC daily "The Secret House" used that plot). Yet, they chose to prolong the agony by having Ae Ra and Yu Jin getting that USB drive from Se Rin when Yu Jin knocked her down in the middle of the woods.

I find last year's dailies to be much much stronger than this year's. Haiz...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

based on the dialogue, think serin will rise like a phoenix.

as @maribella always notes, kdrama IVs are strong stuff. :lol: hahahahha.... 

serin told taeyang that he is no longer her north star and she is going to do all the things she missed out while following him around. she is also going to find someone better than him. that was her promise to him and herself. 

if it's mean to be it will circle its way back gif | Tell-Tale TV 

what do you think chingus? do you think serin made it? @marrez1 @Chickpea @backstreetboysfan @Newbie21SG @liyahsbutterfly @crystaltears 

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

based on the dialogue, think serin will rise like a phoenix.

Really? What made you think that?

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what do you think chingus? do you think serin made it?

I think she made it. The doctors might rush in and save her. Also, in the preview, there was nothing stating that she died. Typically, there'd be a funeral/memorial, grief, and a vow of revenge from GU. (I've watched too many dailies. :lol:)

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

27 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Anyone watched episode 84? I just don't think SR is dead. In episode 85's preview there was no funeral still. Can anyone confirm anything?

I skimmed through the raw episode and didn't see any funeral type scene. I don't think serin is dead 

• Blob 1