[Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

larus

"Filming 3 scenes for 8 hours"...'Lovers' extended by 1 episode, Namgoong Min♥Ahn Eunjin are pressing down on it as it is late

JOKEBPA4YFTCXPWV5TOMQZKOMU.jpg

Actors Nam Goong Min and Ahn Eun-jin's sad historical drama 'Lovers' ends with one extended episode. There were complaints about the filming site due to the extension being decided somewhat late, but in the end, everyone had the same desire for a 'beautiful finish'. Life and death depended on the ending, which was filled with every detail down to the last scene.

MBC announced today (9th) that the Friday-Saturday drama 'Lovers' (written by Hwang Jin-young, directed by Kim Seong-yong, Lee Han-joon, and Cheon Soo-jin) has been confirmed to be extended for one episode. As a result, 'Lovers', which was planned to be 20 episodes, ended with 21 episodes.

It was on the 1st that the possibility of an extension for ‘Lovers’ was raised. At that time, along with the news of the cancellation of 'Lovers' due to baseball broadcasting that week, MBC released an official statement saying, "Due to the popularity of the drama, we are positively discussing an extension, and are adjusting the programming plan by slightly delaying the scheduled end date." revealed. The news of the extension, which more than appeased the disappointment of the cancellation, raised the expectations of drama fans to the highest level.

However, the extension was only decided today, more than a week later. Meanwhile, various noises arose about the production environment for the second half of 'Lovers'. The slow work environment in scripting and filming was also pointed out as the reason why an extension could not be decided quickly.

In fact, 'Lovers' is known to be a 30-part work written by writer Hwang Jin-young. However, at the planning stage, it was decided that it would be 20 episodes, and a lot of it was shortened, condensed, and selected as a story. However, a representative of the drama did not respond to OSEN, saying, “There has been no exact script delay.” “This is a work that the author worked hard on for a long time, so he already had a script for all 16 episodes from the start of filming. There were no setbacks due to delays in script delivery.”

Regarding the fact that the 20th episode script was released only today, an official from 'Lovers' said, "The 20th episode script was already released (ahead of today). However, due to the process of maintaining the security of the ending and internal review, it has not been finally distributed. Currently, it has not been distributed. “That’s why it was distributed today,” he explained. There was a time gap between writer Hwang Jin-young's drafting and subsequent scene selection and delivery to the entire team through the production team.

Nevertheless, the working environment of 'Lovers' was even called 'live filming'. This may have been the case in the past when side scripts were prevalent, but in the recent drama production environment where pre-production has become the norm, this is unusual and has raised concerns. This is even more puzzling considering that in fact, 'Lovers' worked hard to speed up filming by running three filming teams, including teams A, B, and C, starting from filming Part 2.

In relation to this, an official said, "It took about 8 hours to film just three scenes during the filming of 'Lovers', although not recently, at the end of filming." However, "It wasn't that there were no voices of concern or dissatisfaction on set, but it was something that everyone understood at the time as it was an effort to bring out emotional details and visual beauty during the filming process. This process accumulated until the end, even after the C team was brought in. “It seems like the sound of ‘live filming’ came out,” he commented.

Regarding the actual filming speed of 'Lovers', an MBC official cautiously responded to OSEN, saying, "It is true that we are continuing the forced march due to final preparations for filming due to the extended broadcast." However, there were complaints from viewers about the slow development of the second half of the work. Regarding this, another official said, "It was not a drama that developed quickly from the beginning. It is an authentic historical drama and melodrama that has been popular for a long time, and everyone in the field knows that it is a hot work, and they are trying to live up to expectations and not miss the charm and perfection of the first half. “It’s a situation of great passion,” he added.

Accordingly, there is talk that the extension of the first episode of 'Lovers' is an inevitable result. There are only 21 broadcast episodes, and the script for the last episode of 'Lovers' ended at episode 20 with no additions. Unlike existing mini-series, it is a work that contains emotions and narrative from the beginning to the extent that it is difficult to select scenes, so it seems that the first part of the script alone is enough to be broadcast for two episodes. This is also the reason why 100-minute episodes, including episode 10, which was the ending of Part 1 of ‘Lovers’, were organized without difficulty.

In the end, the key is the completeness of the ending of ‘Lovers’ and the viewer’s satisfaction with it. Viewers' desire for the romance narrative of the male and female protagonists, Lee Jang-hyun (played by Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil-chae (played by Ahn Eun-jin), known as the 'Jang-chae couple', is soaring towards the latter half with no end in sight. Will we be able to see the tightly packed ending of ‘Lovers’ that will sufficiently satisfy this? Eyes and ears are focused on the conclusion of a traditional historical drama melodrama that has been released for a long time.

K7HRU7WHTP3KQ2TIK4PT3KDIB4.jpg

QFWPY6VUC6FEKUELMKDYOXNHNA.jpg

Spoiler

Y3RR5XXZ6I46XHD6TGDIT74VB4.jpg

Episode 21 (final episode) of ‘Lovers’ is scheduled to air at 9:50 PM on the 18th.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/enter_general/2023/11/09/HKOJBK6OVF4YOZAEWV3NEI6FCU/

Spoiler

Ahn Eun Jin Is Shocked And Covered In Blood In “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Is Shocked And Covered In Blood In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a suspenseful sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) returned to Joseon, where he was reunited with Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) once again. In an attempt to push him away, Yoo Gil Chae lied that she was pregnant. But when Lee Jang Hyun discovered the truth, he romantically confessed that all he needed was Gil Chae—and Gil Chae thrilled viewers by accepting his confession.

However, newly released stills from the drama’s next episode reveal that this romantic bliss may not last long. The photos show Yoo Gil Chae looking wary in the palace at night before ultimately collapsing to the ground in shock.

Not only does Yoo Gil Chae appear horrified by something she sees, but her clothing is covered in blood stains, raising the question of what could have happened to her.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-2.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-2-1.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-3.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” teased, “In Episode 18, Yoo Gil Chae is called to the palace, and after going there, she witnesses a shocking situation. This scene is extremely important to the plot, and it is a moment that mixes a wide variety of complicated emotions. Ahn Eun Jin heightened the suspense of the scene with her powerful focus and passionate acting. Please look forward to her gripping performance.”

To find out what Yoo Gil Chae sees at the palace, tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on November 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625442wpp/ahn-eun-jin-is-shocked-and-covered-in-blood-in-my-dearest

Spoiler

Namgoong Min, Kim Yoon Woo, And Park Kang Sub Set Out To Bring Joseon Prisoners Back Home In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min, Kim Yoon Woo, And Park Kang Sub Set Out To Bring Joseon Prisoners Back Home In “My Dearest

MBC’s “My Dearest” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and took the top spot on the ranking of the most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks.

The newly released stills capture Lee Jang Hyun leading a group of Joseon prisoners with the help of Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) and Goo Jam (Park Kang Sub) in the middle of the night. As if something dangerous is waiting ahead, Lee Jang Hyun stands at the front along with Ryang Eum and Goo Jam, trying to protect the prisoners.

Viewers are curious to find out whether Lee Jang Hyun will be able to safely bring the Joseon prisoners home.

namgoong-min002.jpeg

namgoong-min001.jpeg

kim-yoon-woo001.jpeg

Spoiler

park-kang-seob001.jpeg

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625599wpp/namgoong-min-kim-yoon-woo-and-park-kang-sub-set-out-to-bring-joseon-prisoners-back-home-in-my-dearest

Here are the ratings for Episode 18 (Part 2)! :).

“My Dearest” Continues Reign As Most-Watched Show Of Friday

“My Dearest” Continues Reign As Most-Watched Show Of Friday

MBC’s “My Dearest” continues to dominate Friday night television!

On November 10, the historical romance drama not only took first place in its time slot across all channels, but it was also the most-watched program of any kind to air the entire day. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625718wpp/my-dearest-continues-reign-as-most-watched-show-of-friday

20231111051501_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-November Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Nov 11, 2023
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between October 7 and November 7.

The stars of MBC’s hit drama “My Dearest” swept the top two spots on this month’s list, with leads Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin taking first and second places respectively. Namgoong Min scored a brand reputation index of 4,674,555 for November, while Ahn Eun Jin’s index for the month came out to 3,546,950.

High-ranking phrases in Namgoong Min’s keyword analysis included “Ahn Eun Jin,” “ratings,” and “master of romance,” while his highest-ranking related terms included “love,” “reunite,” and “charming.” Namgoong Min’s positivity-negativity analysis also revealed a score of 89.59 percent positive reactions.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Namgoong Min
  2. Ahn Eun Jin
  3. Lee Yoo Mi
  4. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  5. Park Eun Bin
  6. Lee Da In
  7. Hwang Jung Eum
  8. Lee Yoo Bi
  9. Rowoon
  10. Park Gyu Young
  11. Ong Seong Wu
  12. Byun Woo Seok
  13. Uhm Ki Joon
  14. Lee Joon
  15. Yoon Kye Sang
  16. Lim Ji Yeon
  17. Lee Hyun Woo
  18. Yoo Na
  19. Kim So Hyun
  20. Park Sung Woong
  21. Kim Hyo Jin
  22. Uee
  23. Chae Jong Hyeop
  24. Kim Young Kwang
  25. Kim Yoon Woo
  26. Lee Joon Gi
  27. Park Hae Jin
  28. Cho Yi Hyun
  29. Shin Ha Kyun
  30. Lee Hak Joo

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625743wpp/november-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-2

by Lily Alice, November 11, 2023
3 0

MBC's My Dearest Part 2 scored 10.8% for episode 18, a slight drop from its previous episode's viewership of 11.4%. Nonetheless, the K-drama remained the most-watched in its time slot. And, considering how it retained its streak, My Dearest Part 2 will most likely conclude with double-digit viewership. 

Z80xR8_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 19 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on November 11 (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-part-2-sees-a-slight-drop-but-maintains-its-double-digit-streak

Here are the ratings for Episode 19 (Part 2)! :).

“Korea-Khitan War” Premiere Beats “Castaway Diva” As “My Dearest” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Rise

“Korea-Khitan War” Premiere Beats “Castaway Diva” As “My Dearest” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Rise

Meanwhile, MBC’s hit historical romance “My Dearest” rose to an average nationwide rating of 11.6 percent ahead of its final week, taking first place in its time slot across all channels by an overwhelming margin.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625811wpp/korea-khitan-war-premiere-beats-castaway-diva-as-my-dearest-heads-into-final-week-on-ratings-rise

by Lily Alice, November 12, 2023

MBC's My Dearest Part 2 climbed to a nationwide rating of 11.6% for episode 19, a fair improvement from its previous episode's viewership of 10.8%. The K-drama now enters its finale week. 

1w0e83_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Dearest Part 2?

Episode 20 from My Dearest Part 2 will air on November 17 (Friday). Stream the K-drama on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/castaway-diva-hits-low-for-the-first-time-my-dearest-part-2-sees-improvement

20231111012520_Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min-

“My Dearest” Briefly Addresses Reports On Finale Filming Schedule

Nov 15, 2023
by M. Lim

The production team of “My Dearest” has briefly commented on the show’s filming schedule.

On November 15, Ilgan Sports reported that “My Dearest” will conduct its final filming on November 16, just a day before the broadcast of the last two episodes on November 17 and 18. Subsequently, SPOTV NEWS shared that the drama is expected to conclude its final filming in the early morning of November 18. According to the report, a representative from the broadcasting network revealed, “Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin are slated for filming on the night of November 17. Considering the usual shooting duration, it’s likely that filming will wrap up in the early hours of November 18.”

In response to the reports, MBC briefly commented, “We cannot confirm details about the filming schedule.”

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot. On November 9, MBC officially announced the extension of “My Dearest” Part 2 with an additional episode.

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 17 while the series finale is set for November 18 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1626597wpp/my-dearest-briefly-addresses-reports-on-finale-filming-schedule

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인-Namgoong Min & Ahn Eun Jin-Fri&Sat@21:50 KST- Last episode broadcast on October 18

5 Moments That Spell Trouble For Namgoong Min & Ahn Eun Jin In Episodes 18-19 Of “My Dearest”

Nov 16, 2023
by shalini

My Dearest” got a one-episode extension this week, stretching the narrative to add plenty of turmoil as we head into the final stretch. Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) have never been happier together, but things are getting worse and worse for them politically with a fully insane King Injo (Kim Jong Tae) on the loose and his scheming concubine Jo (So Yu Jin) ready to kill everyone in her path. Here’s everything that spells doom for this beloved couple, even as they try their best to weather the serious storms coming their way.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 18-19 below.

1. The king’s murder of the captives

namgoong-min-3.jpg

Ascending the throne via a coup means you can lose it via the same, and King Injo is painfully aware of this fact. The trouble is that he’s under the belief that his son, Crown Prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon), is gunning for his seat. Prince So Hyun tearfully tries to convince him that this isn’t true, but Injo isn’t hearing it and refuses to allow the captives who’ve been farming so hard for the prince to return to Joseon. The prince is devastated at being unable to keep his promise, and Jang Hyun loses all faith in the prince upon hearing that he won’t keep his word.

He tries to bring back the captives anyway with Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) and Goo Jam’s (Park Kang Sub’s) aid, with Goo Yang Chun (Choi Moo Sung) leading them across the river onto Joseon land. Only, they’re surrounded by the king’s men and slaughtered. Jang Hyun fights back in shock at the king’s cruelty, but he’s knocked out, captured, and tortured at the palace. The captives loyally stick to Jang Hyun’s story that he’s Yang Chun because revealing his identity means that the king would have immediately linked Jang Hyun to the prince and would have accused the prince of treason because his captives dared to fight back instead of just sitting and being killed. But the captives that are brought in with Jang Hyun are all murdered. And those who flee back across the river to the Qing empire (because the invaders are now safer than their own country) meet a very pissed off Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah).

2. Lee Jang Hyun’s promise to Gak Hwa

lee-chung-ah-3.jpg

This was a terrible idea last week, and it’s come right back to bite Jang Hyun in the face because Gak Hwa is not pleased. Their deal was that she would ensure that the captives crossed the river safely onto Joseon land, and he would cross the river to her, and they’d be together forever. Which is the worst deal ever. But instead, all she gets are dead and dying captives returning and no Jang Hyun. She’s convinced that he isn’t dead and decides to come to Joseon with Yong Gol Dae (Choi Young Woo) to find him.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1619596wpp/5-moments-that-spell-trouble-for-namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-in-episodes-18-19-of-my-dearest

Spoiler

Namgoong Min And Lee Chung Ah Share A Tense Reunion In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min And Lee Chung Ah Share A Tense Reunion In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a sneak peek of Namgoong Min and Lee Chung Ah’s reunion in Joseon!

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) made a promise to return to Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah) if she let all the prisoners of war go home to Joseon safe and sound. However, due to his amnesia, Lee Jang Hyun never fulfilled his promise, leading Gak Hwa to take matters into her own hands by heading to Joseon to find him.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun and Gak Hwa meet for the first time in a long while. Veiled by the darkness of night, Lee Jang Hyun wears an unreadable expression during his encounter with Gak Hwa, who in turn watches him with a longing gaze that betrays just how strong her feelings for him are.

As Gak Hwa previously displayed all-consuming jealousy and an intense possessive streak when it came to Lee Jang Hyun, it remains to be seen whether she will save him from his crisis—or thrust him into new danger.

Namgoong-Min-2.jpegLee-Chung-Ah.jpegNamgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” teased, “In Episode 20, which airs tonight, the story of Lee Jang Hyun and Gak Hwa’s reunion on Joseon land will unfold. The meeting of these two people, who have different feelings and thoughts from one another, will mark an important turning point in the drama’s plot.”

“Namgoong Min and Lee Chung Ah immersed themselves deeply in the emotions of Lee Jang Hyun and Gak Hwa, and they put on detailed, passionate performances,” they continued. “We hope that viewers will look forward to it.”

To find out what happens between Lee Jang Hyun and Gak Hwa, tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on November 17 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1626852wpp/namgoong-min-and-lee-chung-ah-share-a-tense-reunion-in-my-dearest

“My Dearest” To Hold A Wrap Party

“My Dearest” To Hold A Wrap Party

MBC’s “My Dearest” will celebrating the hard work of its cast and crew with a special get-together!

On November 17, the production team of MBC’s hit drama “My Dearest” announced, “We will be holding a wrap party on November 19 in Yeouido.”

“My Dearest” will air its final episode on November 18, the day before the cast and crew’s wrap party.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1626882wpp/my-dearest-to-hold-a-wrap-party

Here are the ratings for Episode 20 (Part 2)! :).

“My Dearest” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Escape Of The Seven” Wraps Up Season 1 On Rise

“My Dearest” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Escape Of The Seven” Wraps Up Season 1 On Rise

MBC’s “My Dearest” soared to a new all-time high in viewership ahead of its series finale!

On November 17, the historical romance drama earned its highest ratings yet for its penultimate episode, which continued the show’s reign as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Friday.

According to Nielsen Korea, “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.4 percent, marking the drama’s highest ratings to date during either Part 1 or Part 2.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched show of Friday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627028wpp/my-dearest-heads-into-finale-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-the-escape-of-the-seven-wraps-up-season-1-on-rise

Spoiler

“My Dearest” To Answer Lingering Questions In 100-Minute Finale

“My Dearest” To Answer Lingering Questions In 100-Minute Finale

MBC’s “My Dearest” will be wrapping up its run with a special 100-minute final episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) received the help of Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah) and managed to safely bring home all the prisoners of war from Joseon who were still in Shenyang. The episode ended on a hopeful note, with Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) deciding to return to Neunggeun Village and start a new life together.

Namgoong-Min-3.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-4.jpeg

However, some key plot points remain unresolved as the drama winds to a close: the relationship between Lee Jang Hyun and his biological father, the suspenseful opening scene from Episode 1 in which Lee Jang Hyun faced off against a horde of enemies on the beach, and the mysterious identity of the mad person from Episode 1 who was waiting for Lee Jang Hyun and Lee Jang Hyun alone.

Namgoong-Min-2-2.jpeg

According to the drama’s production team, all these questions will be answered in the series finale.

“The finale, which airs on November 18, will reveal the final chapter of Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s heartache-inducing love story,” they said.

“Additionally, it will reveal [the story behind] the Episode 1 opening scene that many viewers were curious about, the identity of the mad person who was waiting only for Lee Jang Hyun, and more.”

They concluded, “We ask that you give ‘My Dearest’ your passionate interest and anticipation up until the very end.”

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin-2-2.jpeg

The 100-minute series finale of “My Dearest” will air on November 18 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627074wpp/my-dearest-to-answer-lingering-questions-in-100-minute-finale

Here are the ratings for Episode 21 (Part 2)! *Last episode* :).

“My Dearest” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

“My Dearest” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

MBC’s “My Dearest” has ended on an all-time high!

On November 18, the popular historical romance drama earned its highest viewership ratings yet for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.9 percent, marking a new all-time high for both Part 1 and Part 2 of the show.

Not only did “My Dearest” take first place in its time slot across all channels, but the drama was also the most-watched program of Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.1 percent. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627148wpp/my-dearest-finale-achieves-highest-ratings-of-its-entire-run

20231119064525_Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min-“My Dearest” Stars Thank Viewers And Say Goodbye After Finale

Nov 19, 2023
by E. Cha

Following the conclusion of MBC’s “My Dearest,” the drama’s stars have shared their final thoughts and farewells!

On November 18, the hit historical romance drama aired its series finale, which earned the highest viewership ratings of the show’s entire run (including both Part 1 and Part 2).

As the drama came to an end, Namgoong Min expressed his gratitude to not only its viewers, but also the cast and crew. “The long time I spent working with such good people on creating a great drama was extremely meaningful, and I’m very thankful for it,” said the actor. “I hope that ‘My Dearest’ will also remain a happy memory for all the viewers who watched the drama together with us. Thank you, truly.”

Ahn Eun Jin similarly remarked, “I’d like to sincerely thank all the viewers who watched and rooted for ‘My Dearest,’ Yoo Gil Chae, and Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s love. I was happy to have been able to work with such great people, and I learned a lot during that time.”

She continued, “Thank you to Namgoong Min, who was always very considerate as he led ‘My Dearest’; the director and writer, who gave me the opportunity to be part of this great drama; and all the other actors in the cast who worked together with me. I think ‘My Dearest’ will become a drama that I will never be able to forget. I was truly happy and grateful [while working on the drama].”

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin-Namgoong-Min.jpeg

Meanwhile, Lee Hak Joo commented, “I’d like to sincerely thank everyone who watched ‘My Dearest’ up until now. Seeing [my character] Yeon Joon steadfastly walk his own path, without wavering, despite enduring the hardships of the time, I felt that he was both brave and pitiful. Because of that, ‘My Dearest’ is a drama that made me think a lot about how we ought to go about living in this world.”

He went on, “Also, as an actor, it was my first true historical drama, but I was able to successfully make it to the end by discussing [my role] together with the writer and many staff members. Everyone worked really hard, and I really want to make sure to say that the production team was the absolute best. I don’t know what kind of project I will take on next, but please continue to cheer me on, and I hope that you will enjoy a warm end of the year.”

Lee-Hak-Joo.jpeg

Finally, Lee Da In shared, “It was a huge honor to be able to take this long journey together. I think ‘My Dearest’ will remain an extremely meaningful drama for me. While spending four seasons and nearly an entire year together, we all became very fond of one another, and I feel very bittersweet about having to say goodbye to my colleagues from the set and [my character] Eun Ae.”

She concluded by adding, “I’d like to sincerely thank all the viewers who have given so much love to ‘My Dearest’ up until now.”

Lee-Da-In.jpeg

Are you sad to be saying goodbye to “My Dearest”?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627174wpp/my-dearest-stars-thank-viewers-and-say-goodbye-after-finale

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인
by Lily Alice, November 19, 2023
2 3

MBC's My Dearest concluded its second part scoring 12.9% (nationwide) and 12.7% (metropolitan), the highest of its entire run. The K-drama premiered with a viewership of 5.4% and hit double-digit ratings for episode 7. Part 1 concluded with 12.2%. 

Part 2 started off with 7.7% (episode 11) and quickly climbed to 10.3% for episode 13. Since then, it maintained a streak of double-digit viewership. The average viewership of My Dearest is 9.7%. 

60njZK_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama My Dearest?

All the episodes of My Dearest are available to stream on Viki and Kocowa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-part-2-concludes-with-record-high-ratings-other-k-dramas-see-a-drop

My Dearest: Episodes 20-21 (Final)

by alathe

It’s been a long, long road, and our heroes yearn for a quiet, uneventful life. Unfortunately, life has its own plans. Our hero has too many obligations, and our heroine, too much of a penchant for self-sacrifice. Well, actually, they both have that. Is there any hope of a happy ending?

EPISODES 20-21

Gil-chae rests her head on Jang-hyun’s shoulder. Jang-hyun, innocent as pie, looks at her wide-eyed, and asks, “Who are you?”… before cracking. She grins back. Please, Jang-hyun, let’s not even joke about a repeat of last episode. The mood, however, is thoroughly shattered when Jang-hyun inquires after the crown prince’s wellbeing. Awkward doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Back in the palace, Eunuch Pyo receives worse news still: a thank you from his boss. After all, the chief eunuch, he of the world’s toothiest smile, couldn’t have choreographed the crown prince’s death without him. Nothing could have been further from Eunuch Pyo’s intentions. He had only hoped to help the prince by reporting his achievements in Qing. Distraught, the poor guy drinks poison — the same slow-acting horror that left the princess alive for two days straight. With his last breath, he tells Jang-hyun of the prince’s secret letter.

Jang-hyun isn’t the only one: word of the letter has spread like wildfire through the palace. The king, still seeing traitors behind every corner, is convinced it contained secret instructions to Qing, by way of “Yang-chun,” leader of the rebels — a man soon identified as none other than Jang-hyun. This makes what ensues looks really bad. Gak-hwa, still intent on winning Jang-hyun for her own, rides through the capital with a vengeance. An order is issued: the Qing delegation demand Jang-hyun’s appearance.

And none too soon. Jang-hyun is cornered by the king’s own men, shortly to be stabbed a whole bunch — only for Gak-hwa’s command to save him. Seconds ago, he faced summary execution; now, he’s making nice over barbecue with the Qing general. One person is unexpectedly livid at this turn of events: Yeon-joon. He’s repulsed by Jang-hyun’s seeming cooperation with the Qing — and primed to be especially sanctimonious about it. Jang Cheol has been pouring poison in his ear about how Joseon must retain its purity. Meanwhile, Eun-ae gathered up the courage to share how she was almost raped… and on a scale of one to oof, let’s just say his reaction did not score low.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/my-dearest-episodes-20-21-final/

[Spoilers!!! 'My Dearest' finale records high viewer ratings

2023111915285840579_1700375341_001888697

Article: 'My Dearest' Nam Goong Min and Ahn Eun Jin's tearful reunion... love and viewer ratings, a happy ending for all

Source: Insight via Instagram

[+72] How does Lee Jang Hyun never die..

[+72] I was going to go fight the writer if they didn't get together in the end

[+44] I think the narrative would be the one thing I felt disappointed in. The series was originally meant to be 30 episodes long but was cut down to 20, which they only started filming for in last December. They were chased by a lack of time. I think the rushed one episode extension did more harm than good. We might've gotten a happy ending, but the ending only aroused more curiosity for the rest of the world, like why Ryangeum is a white-haired elder, Lee Jang Hyun who promised to come back, the stories of the rest of the characters, Jang Hyun and Gilchae's life as a couple. If the series had stuck with its original 30-episode plan, we'd be getting a part 3, which might've solved some of the curiosities we're feeling right now.

+35] Such a well made series... but I do feel like they were playing a bit too much with Lee Jang Hyun's memory loss. He was getting his memories back so conveniently...

[+27] The memory loss at the end was... not necessary!

[+16] What I liked best about the series was that it was a glimpse into the lives of normal people during the Goryeo-Khitan War. Historical dramas these days have been feeling more like romcoms that happen to be wearing hanboks, but 'My Dearest' really pulled me out of the slump.

[+14] The ending felt a bit... forced (personally)

[+14] Why is Ryangeum white-haired?

[+13] I do feel a bit disappointed with the last episode but that doesn't mean everything leading up to it wasn't worth it. My heart broke and cheered for everyone the entire journey! Thank you for the happiness that five years of the hard work of the director, staff, and stars did to create this!

[+4] I would've loved a bit more lovey dovey scenes between them.. 

+6] Best drama of the year, let's go for MBC daesangs! 

[+2] The best happy ending in a while

[+1] He barely recognized the female main character in the end but suddenly remembered after a few words exchanged..

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2023/11/spoilers-my-dearest-finale-records-high.html

• Like 1