Drama :  Summer Strike / I Don't Want To Do Anything
Hangul : 아무것도 하고 싶지 않아

Director : Lee Yoon Jung, Hong Moon Pyo

Writer : Joo Young Hyun, Hong Moon Pyo, Lee Yoon Jung
Network : ENA

Episodes : 12
Runtime : November 21st, 2022 - December 27th, 2022
Language : Korean

Lee Yeo Reum gets dumped by her boyfriend and, soon after, her mother dies in an accident. She goes through one of her worst moments in her life. Lee Yeo Reum then makes the decision to live a complete different life from before and not do anything. She quits her job and moves to a small village, where everything is strange to her. There, she meets the residents, including An Dae Beom, and gets to know them. An Dae Beom works as a librarian. He hardly talks to people, but, when he does, he talks with a stutter. Somehow he gets comfortable and happy being with Lee Yeo Reum. Throughout this time, Lee Yeo Reum also discovers who she really is.

Cast  

73035D86-A597-4640-8DFB-F1BA5FFED269.jpeg

Im Siwan as Ahn Dae Bum

A genius who competed in math problems against Seoul National University students 20 years ago. After experiencing an unfortunate incident, he still managed to enter Seoul National University, but the shy Ahn Dae Bum now works as a librarian in a small seaside village named Angok.

76C93C54-D814-4677-83CB-BC21BCE1CA77.jpeg

Seolhyun as Lee Yeo Reum

A 28-year-old who just three months ago, became a permanent employee at the company she has been working at for five years. However, she eventually declares a strike on her own life, quits her job, and just takes one backpack to Angok, where she lives in an empty billiard room.

24DADC1E-D532-4AAB-A212-7D7EB917D2C1.jpeg

Shin Eun Soo as Kim Bom

A tough high school student who skips class but still ends up at the library

A7948FDA-0516-4577-9533-02AB0774C499.jpeg

Bang Jae Min as Heo Jae Hoon

An innocent student who has a crush on Kim Bom.

CE80C384-2003-4F0F-8CF4-2A928041B15D.jpeg

Winter

Highlight Video

...................................................................................................................

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 5.50.07 PM.png

Im Siwan And Seolhyun’s Upcoming Romance Drama Confirms Cast And Broadcasting Schedule

Im Siwan and Seolhyun’s drama has been confirmed to premiere this November!

Summer Strike” is an upcoming Genie TV original drama based on a popular webtoon. The romance story is about people who decide to quit their current lifestyles in the busy city and move to a small town to do nothing, where they’re ultimately able to find themselves.

Im Siwan will play Ahn Dae Bum, a genius who competed in math problems against Seoul National University students 20 years ago. After experiencing an unfortunate incident, he still managed to enter Seoul National University, but the shy Ahn Dae Bum now works as a librarian in a small seaside village named Angok.

Seolhyun will star opposite Im Siwan as Lee Yeo Reum, a 28-year-old who just three months ago, became a permanent employee at the company she has been working at for five years. However, she eventually declares a strike on her own life, quits her job, and just takes one backpack to Angok, where she lives in an empty billiard room.

“Summer Strike” will also star Shin Eun Soo and Bang Jae Min and is directed by Lee Yoon Jung, who has worked on “Coffee Prince,” “Golden Time,” and “Cheese in the Trap.” The drama is created by KT Studio Genie, who has been behind projects like “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” “Good Job,” and “Gaus Electronics,” and will be produced by GTist, who created “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” “Dear My Friends,” “Live,” “Hotel Del Luna,” “Our Blues,” and more.

Im Siwan and Seolhyun’s upcoming drama “Summer Strike” will premiere this November through Genie TV, seezn, and ENA!

Source: Soompi

• Like 2

Watch: Seolhyun Embarks On A Journey To Find Happiness With Im Siwan In “Summer Strike” Teaser

Watch: Seolhyun Embarks On A Journey To Find Happiness With Im Siwan In “Summer Strike” Teaser

ENA’s upcoming drama “Summer Strike” has dropped a main teaser!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a heartwarming romance drama about people who decide to quit their current lifestyles in the busy city and move to a small town to do nothing, where they’re ultimately able to find themselves. Im Siwan plays Ahn Dae Bum, who is living a life full of unanswered questions as he works as a librarian in a small seaside village named Angok. Seolhyun takes on the role of Lee Yeo Reum, who becomes a full-time employee at the company she has been working at for five years but eventually declares a strike on her own life, quits her job, and just takes one backpack to Angok, where she lives in an empty billiards room.

The teaser kicks off by portraying Lee Yeo Reum’s daily routine as an ordinary office worker. Yeo Reum, who is sick and tired of her repetitive days, says lethargically, “I don’t want to wake up tomorrow morning.” To finally make a change, she decides to go on a strike on her life. Then, the scene changes from the hectic city life to a cherry blossom road leading to a vast blue sea. Lee Yeo Reum says, “From now on, I will not do anything. My life is on a strike,” and she embarks on a new journey as an unemployed person in Angok Village.

In this unfamiliar Angok village, Lee Yeo Reum meets various people including librarian Ahn Dae Beom who makes her feel happy. On the other hand, some people throw unpleasant looks toward Lee Yeo Reum, foreshadowing her chaotic and wobbly journey in Angok. Anticipation is high for the chemistry between Seolhyun and Im Siwan as well as the heartwarming stories that will give comfort to viewers.

Check out the full teaser below!

“Summer Strike” will premiere on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Seolhyun And Im Siwan Praise Each Other While Sharing Their Excitement For “Summer Strike”

Seolhyun And Im Siwan Praise Each Other While Sharing Their Excitement For “Summer Strike"

Seolhyun and Im Siwan have discussed working with each other in “Summer Strike”!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a heartwarming romance drama about people who decide to quit their current lifestyles in the busy city and move to a small town to do nothing, where they’re ultimately able to find themselves. Im Siwan plays Ahn Dae Bum, who is living a life full of unanswered questions as he works as a librarian in a small seaside village named Angok. Seolhyun takes on the role of Lee Yeo Reum, who becomes a full-time employee at the company she has been working at for five years but eventually declares a strike on her own life, quits her job, and just takes one backpack to Angok, where she lives in an empty billiards room.

Seolhyun and Im Siwan are working together for the first time through this project. After the main posters and trailer heightened viewers’ anticipation for their chemistry, Seolhyun and Im Siwan shared their remarks about working with each other for the first time as well as the warm atmosphere of the filming site.

Seolhyun shared, “I was so excited to hear about the casting of Im Siwan. I felt that he would take on the role of Ahn Dae Bum very well. While filming, he was very considerate of me, made me feel comfortable, and gave me a lot of unique and creative ideas, making each and every scene enjoyable.”

Im Siwan said, “Even before filming, I had a very good impression of her as many of my acting peers and producers who worked with Seolhyun in the past praised her a lot. In fact, when we started to work together, I could feel that she is person who is always bright and pure.”

The new stills that were released along with the actors’ remarks also drew attention. The pure and bright smiles of the two actors make viewers smile as well as if their positive vibes are contagious. Seolhyun shared, “The atmosphere on set was so great that I always looked forward to going on set. It was a filming site where I could feel the love of all the fellow actors and staff members,” making viewers look forward to the positive energy of “Summer Strike” that will penetrate through the small screen.

summer-strike_seolhyun.jpeg

summer-strike_im-siwan.jpeg

“Summer Strike” will premiere on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

• Like 1

Im Siwan And Seolhyun Find Peace Within Themselves In Warm And Dreamy “Summer Strike” Posters

Im Siwan And Seolhyun Find Peace Within Themselves In Warm And Dreamy “Summer Strike” Posters

Starring Im Siwan and Seolhyun, “Summer Strike” has revealed two beautiful main posters!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a heartwarming romance drama about people who decide to quit their current lifestyles in the busy city and move to a small town to do nothing, where they’re ultimately able to find themselves. Im Siwan plays Ahn Dae Bum, who is living a life full of unanswered questions as he works as a librarian in a small seaside village named Angok. Seolhyun takes on the role of Lee Yeo Reum, who becomes a full-time employee at the company she has been working at for five years but eventually declares a strike on her own life, quits her job, and just takes one backpack to Angok, where she lives in an empty billiards room.

The first poster shows Lee Yeo Reum and Ahn Dae Bum taking a break without doing anything. The appearance of Lee Yeo Reum gazing at the blue sky and feeling the gentle summer breeze in Angok Village where she goes to carry out her bucket list gives viewers a vicarious pleasure.

Summer-Strike-2.jpg

In another poster, the warm and peaceful atmosphere between Lee Yeo Reum and Ahn Dae Bum also draws viewers’ attention. Yeo Reum is falling asleep while reading a book whereas Dae Bum is smiling at her, making viewers’ hearts flutter. For Dae Bum, whose life is like a question mark, the presence of Yeo Reum, who suddenly appears in front of him, is expected to be a refreshing breeze in his life. Anticipation is high for how the two will meet and how they will affect each other and mature together in “Summer Strike.”

Summer-Strike-1.jpg

Source: Soompi

• Like 1

Im Siwan Is A Shy And Pure-Hearted Man Living In The Countryside In “Summer Strike”

Im Siwan Is A Shy And Pure-Hearted Man Living In The Countryside In “Summer Strike”

Im Siwan has showed off his new hairstyle in “Summer Strike” stills!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a heartwarming romance drama about people who decide to quit their current lifestyles in the busy city and move to a small town to do nothing, where they’re ultimately able to find themselves.

Im Siwan, who showcases a variety of acting transformations in each project he takes on, exudes charming vibes once again in his new role as a man living in countryside in “Summer Strike.” Im Siwan will take on the role of Ahn Dae Beom, a librarian who is shy to the point of not being able to answer when someone starts a conversation with him. To better portray his character, Im Siwan changed his hairstyle to a long wavy perm which highlights his pure and youthful appearance.

Regarding his transformation, Im Siwan commented, “First of all, I let my hair grow long to portray the rural youth Dae Beom. I felt that Dae Beom is a pure yet mature person who cuts down on unnecessary conversations and treats people wholeheartedly.”

summer-strike_still2.jpeg

The actor also mentioned, “As the story’s setting moves from the hustle and bustle of the city to a village in the countryside, I felt very comfortable as if I were taking a deep breath.” Im Siwan continued, “When I stay in Seoul, my life pattern and my pace [of living] tend to get faster, so I stayed in the countryside while filming this project, trying to focus on filming while slowing down my pace.”

summer-strike_still.jpeg

“Summer Strike” is working to include various filming locations including Gurye, Gokseong, and Namhae, raising anticipation for the heartwarming and comforting story to come.

• Love 1

AOA’s Seolhyun Opens Up About Relating To Her New Drama “Summer Strike” + Needing To Find Herself

AOA’s Seolhyun Opens Up About Relating To Her New Drama “Summer Strike” + Needing To Find Herself

AOA’s Seolhyun has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “Summer Strike”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a romance drama about people who leave behind their busy lives in the city in order to move to a small town and do nothing. Im Siwan will star as Ahn Dae Bum, a shy math genius who is now living a quiet life as a village librarian.

Seolhyun will be starring as Lee Yeo Reum, a burned-out young professional who quits her job and ventures to an unfamiliar village in order to find herself.

“As soon as I saw the script, I thought to myself, ‘This is it!’ So I sought out the director and said I wanted to do the drama,” recalled Seolhyun.

“I thought that the character of Yeo Reum was really similar to me,” she continued. “Yeo Reum worked hard to survive in a fiercely competitive society, but while living like that, she becomes someone who has no idea who she herself is. I related to the concept of Yeo Reum proclaiming, ‘I’m not going to do anything,’ and taking a break in order to get to know herself.”

Explaining why she related so strongly to her character, Seolhyun shared, “I, too, once took about a year off and took the time to figure out who I was. That time was such a huge help to me in living my life. I chose this drama hoping that Yeo Reum would feel that way too.”

Seolhyun-2.jpg

As for what viewers should keep an eye on while watching the drama, Seolhyun remarked, “Yeo Reum is a bit different from main characters in other dramas, in the sense that she’s introverted and there are times when she’s timid to the point where it can be frustrating. However, Yeo Reum’s charm is that she’s like a reed. She is swayed easily, but she never breaks.”

She went on to add, “I hope you’ll look forward to seeing Yeo Reum gradually change as she begins to find herself.”

Seolhyun-3.jpg

• Like 1

Watch: Im Siwan, Seolhyun, And More Bask In Their Newfound Leisure In Teasers For Upcoming Romance Drama

Watch: Im Siwan, Seolhyun, And More Bask In Their Newfound Leisure In Teasers For Upcoming Romance Drama

Seolhyun and Im Siwan’s upcoming drama has unveiled lighthearted new previews!

Summer Strike” is an upcoming Genie TV original drama based on a popular webtoon. The romance story is about people who decide to quit their current lifestyles in the busy city and move to a small town to do nothing, where they’re ultimately able to find themselves.

The newly released posters and teaser capture the carefree and relaxed lifestyles of those who have simply chosen to not do anything. Each of the posters read what all of us have thought at least once: “Today and tomorrow too, ‘I don’t feel like doing anything.'”

Im Siwan plays Ahn Dae Bum, a genius who competed in math problems against Seoul National University students 20 years ago. After experiencing an unfortunate incident, he still managed to enter Seoul National University, but the shy Ahn Dae Bum now works as a librarian in a small seaside village named Angok.

Seolhyun will star opposite Im Siwan as Lee Yeo Reum, a 28-year-old who just three months ago, became a permanent employee at the company she has been working at for five years. However, she eventually declares a strike on her own life, quits her job, and just takes one backpack to Angok, where she lives in an empty billiard room.

Im-Siwan-1-scaled.jpeg

Seolhyun-scaled.jpeg

In addition to Ahn Dae Bum and Lee Yeo Reum, there’s Kim Bom (Shin Eun Soo), a tough high school student who skips class but still ends up at the library, and the innocent Heo Jae Hoon (Bang Jae Min), who has a crush on Kim Bom. Last but not least is the scene stealer puppy named Winter.

Spoiler

Shin-Eun-Soo-scaled.jpeg

Bang-Jae-Min-scaled.jpeg

1-2-scaled.jpeg

In the new teaser, the main cast enjoys a moment of leisure as they bask in the lovely weather. They all comment, “Summer Strike,” and a touch of personality is added to each of their cuts as the drama’s title is personally handwritten by each actor.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

OST artist lineup for Summer Strike is already out: TWICE, WJSN, THE BOYZ, ENHYPEN, ICHILLIN', Tearliner, Love X Stereo, Fromm, Low End Project, Sunnie of the Barberrettes, Hwang Inhyuk, Bang Jaemin, Geum Joonhyun

Twice OST has been released already:

• Like 2

Seolhyun Transforms Into An Ordinary Office Worker Needing A Break From Everyday Life In “Summer Strike”

Seolhyun Transforms Into An Ordinary Office Worker Needing A Break From Everyday Life In “Summer Strike”

Upcoming heartwarming drama “Summer Strike” has revealed new stills of Seolhyun!

The released stills capture Lee Yeo Reum spacing out on the subway while going back and forth between work and home. The appearance of Lee Yeo Reum, who is staring helplessly at her smartphone with her earphones blocking out the rest of the world, as well as the realistic scene of everyday commute make viewers feel sympathy for her. Anticipation is high for the premiere of “Summer Strike,” which will depict the reason Lee Yeo Reum decides not to do anything after going through a series of events.

seolhyun_stills-1.jpeg

seolhyun_stills-%E1%84%87%E1%85%A9%E1%86

Spoiler

seolhyun_stills-%E1%84%87%E1%85%A9%E1%86

The production team remarked, “Lee Yeo Reum, who has always been walking on eggshells and not been able to take care of herself, makes a courageous choice for the first time in her life. Seolhyun immersed herself in the emotions of Yeo Reum, who lived her life fiercely, and transformed into Yeo Reum herself. Please look forward to the first episode that will evoke viewers’ sympathy as well as Seolhyun’s new leap as she met her character of a lifetime.”

“Summer Strike” will premiere on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

• Like 2

Seolhyun Mistakes Im Siwan For A Girl During Their 1st Meeting In New Romance Drama “Summer Strike”

Seolhyun Mistakes Im Siwan For A Girl During Their 1st Meeting In New Romance Drama “Summer Strike”

ENA’s upcoming drama “Summer Strike” has shared a sneak peek of Seolhyun and Im Siwan’s unforgettable first meeting!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a new romance drama about people who leave behind their busy lives in the city in order to move to a small town and do nothing. Im Siwan will star as Ahn Dae Bum, a shy math genius who is now living a quiet life as a village librarian, while Seolhyun will play Lee Yeo Reum, a burned-out young professional who quits her job and ventures to an unfamiliar village in order to find herself.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, a backpack-toting Lee Yeo Reum arrives at Ahn Dae Bum’s library, looking a bit lost as she takes in her unfamiliar surroundings.

When she discovers someone with permed hair, she eagerly approaches them from behind while calling them “unnie” (a term of address for an older female friend or sister)—only to become visibly shocked and flustered when Ahn Dae Bum turns around to face her.

Summer-Strike-3.jpg

To catch Lee Yeo Reum and Ahn Dae Bum’s memorable first encounter—and to find out where their first meeting will lead—tune in to the premiere of “Summer Strike” on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST!

• Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Summer Strike, 아무것도 하고 싶지 않아 - Im Siwan & Seolhyun - Mon & Tues @ 9:20PM KST

I didn't expect the episode to be so short! :o 48 minutes long.. Also i just found out that BOTH EPISODES are available on Viu?? I'm watching on Viki and there was only episode 1... What the?! Anyways.. My thoughts about episode 1:

Man while watching the drama, so many bad things happen to Yeo Reum and I was thinking, I SIGNED UP FOR A CUTE ROMANCE DRAMA NOT A MELODRAMA, but it was just to set up Yeo Reum moving and meeting Im Si Wan's character~

Okay her coworkers are a** (Except for Dan (Da?) Mi), her ex is an a**.  Usually I would be skeptical about someone quitting their job but you know what, GOOD FOR YOU GIRL. YOU DESERVE IT. Get out of that horrible work place. That Team Leader is butt. I'm glad that she exposed the Team Leader because he was just using Yeo Reum.

Excited to see the interactions between our two leads :D I didn't know but I guess the male lead stutters while talking so that's why he doesn't talk alot... I am excited for the next episode

Pretty decent start, enjoyed first 2 ep. looking forward to more. 

I am more impressed by Siwan over Seolhyun though.. she's kinda underwhelming and her hair is just so.. messy LoL. 

It starts off similarly like "Hometown Cha Cha Cha" with vibes of "I'll see you on a fine day" along those lines of dramas LoL. 

Good thing Yeo Reum isn't having diarrhea that would've been disastrous! And the ways Dae Bum tried to wake her up ha-ha. Oh he can speak after all geez LoL.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :) 

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

“Curtain Call” And “Cheer Up” Postpone Broadcasts Due to World Cup Coverage While “Behind Every Star” And “Summer Strike” Still Draw In Viewers

ENA’s “Summer Strike” aired its premiere episode, earning a viewership rating of 0.6 percent. Starring Seolhyun and Im Siwan, “Summer Strike” is a new romance drama about people who leave behind their busy lives in the city in order to move to a small town and do nothing.

“Curtain Call” And “Cheer Up” Postpone Broadcasts Due to World Cup Coverage While “Behind Every Star” And “Summer Strike” Still Draw In Viewers | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Im Siwan And Seolhyun Get Off To A Rocky Start In New Romance Drama “Summer Strike”

Im Siwan’s and Seolhyun’s worlds are about to collide on “Summer Strike”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Summer Strike” is a new romance drama about people who leave behind their busy lives in the city in order to move to a small town and do nothing. Im Siwan will star as Ahn Dae Bum, a shy math genius who is now living a quiet life as a village librarian, while Seolhyun will play Lee Yeo Reum, a burned-out young professional who quits her job and ventures to an unfamiliar village in order to find herself.

Spoilers

In the upcoming second episode of “Summer Strike,” Lee Yeo Reum makes up her mind to settle down in the quiet seaside village of Angok. Newly released stills from the episode show Lee Yeo Reum seeming slightly nervous and awkward as she looks around town for the first time. The backpack-toting wanderer also starts hunting for a place to live, with someone showing her a potential new home.

While exploring the village, Lee Yeo Reum will also have an eventful first meeting with Ahn Dae Bum. In an intriguing photo from the upcoming episode, Ahn Dae Bum has fallen on the ground outside the library and is covering his face while hastily handing Lee Yeo Reum something. A crowd of worried young children gather around Ahn Dae Bum and glare daggers at Lee Yeo Reum, raising the question of what could have happened between the two leads during their first encounter.

Summer-Strike-4-768x900.jpg

The producers of “Summer Strike” teased, “With Yeo Reum entering the village of Angok, our drama’s story will truly begin. While Episode 1 was realistic and relatable, a very different, fun, and refreshing episode lies in store [in Episode 2]. From Yeo Reum’s eventful first day in Angok, a unique variety of villagers will appear, and she will also have a first meeting with Dae Bum that stems from a misunderstanding. Please look forward to it.”

The second episode of “Summer Strike” airs on November 22 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

Im Siwan And Seolhyun Get Off To A Rocky Start In New Romance Drama “Summer Strike” | Soompi

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

The second episode of ENA’s “Summer Strike” scored an average nationwide rating of 0.7 percent, also recording a similar rating to its previous episode.

“Curtain Call” And “Behind Every Star” See Dips In Ratings As Coverage Of The World Cup Continues | Soompi