[Drama 2022] Summer Strike, 아무것도 하고 싶지 않아

ferily

Enjoyed this drama.

I have watched Run On but this show made me see Im Siwan in a whole new light. His performance is so understated and yet honest, exactly what the character needed.

I was getting Hometown Cha Cha Cha vibes from this one and that show is my absolute favourite. However, there was more to this show.

It isn't the light-hearted romance that I thought it would be. In fact, at one point seemed more like Our Blues than HCCC. Owing to the fact that it has only 12 episodes and not 16, it should have been more balanced. There wasn't as much comedy or romance compared to the tragic scenes and the murder mystery plot.

The library interactions and the trip were my favourites. Initially, how he shied away from talking to her was so cute. Instead of the murder mystery dragging on throughout the show, the writers could have brought it in towards the last episodes and devoted the time to exploring the characters in depth, instead. There was so much to learn about Ahn Dae Bom - how did he grow up, what does he cook, what does he listen to, how does he live. I was really looking forward to that. Also, I didn't understand why did they devote an entire episode to the drunken antiques of the protagonist, it didn't move the story forward by any means. If it was just for comic relief then it seemed repetitive, and after that point onwards, comedy scenes pretty much departed the show. Idk how they showed a girl from Seoul to be so naive that anyone takes her for a ride. Kdramas either have foul-mouthed characters who will yell and slap people at the drop of a hat, or they'll be complete pushovers who'll let people walk all over them. There's no in between.