[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest Dahee Fanel

Finally caught up with this thread...:sweatingbullets:

I loved episodes eleven and twelve, but I thought the writing was a little shaky in terms of Tae-bong's past...Or were my expectations too high?? Anyway...When

Tae-bong was talking to those parents, and ate that thing...I felt chills...He was so cold back then. I found it hard to adjust to the idea of him being so cold. And Lee Min Ki himself seemed to struggle a little with that cold aspect of Tae-bong. Or am I the only one who thinks that? Anyway, the scene with him eating that lunchbox and crying was so incredibly touching...

LMK is surely going to become a great actor someday! He has lots of potential and talent. :)

I actually thought UKJ was really COOL in episode twelve as well.

The way he just accepted what Dal-ja told him about liking him only for his money and skills...That was really, really cool and mature of him. And the way he got so caught up in Candy!

:lol: It was so cute!

My favourite parts:

When Seon-joo told Dal-ja how to figure out whether or not you're in love, and when Tae-bong said the "pretty" speech on the bus, and when he hugged her and said "이뻐 죽겠다"

...I just about fainted. :sweatingbullets: I want a Tae-bong!!! :wub:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest monoceros

Sorry if people mentioned this before, but I think Dal Ja is a great character and the script is wonderful. Dal Ja is what I like to call a realistic female heroine. She's not perfect, but she's also not ridiculous flawed. I think to some degree she embodies a true feminine champion. She doesn't embarrass herself or surrender herself to male whims. (Sorry this sounds really feminist but this aspect of k-dramas really annoys me. EX: Choi Ji Woo in Beautiful life... being dragged around by LBH. )

And the side characters have such great development. Usually you get 2 side characters who hook up. Even though you love them but they only have 100 minutes of screen time in total and spend only about 3 falling in love and the rest was either spent in hating/bickering with each other or in smooching each other. (EX, choonhyang, where aspiring actress falls in love with her obsequious boyfriend because he kissed her..supposedly in a masculine way) But.. [i don't know their names], I think the model girl and the PD are really great characters. It's wonderful that Dal Ja has a male confidant who will never be misunderstood as her lover or whatever and who will never complicate relationships.

It's amazing that Dal Ja's job actually is a focus of the story. Usually, we get girls dating top company CEO's and half of the time I'm wondering... do they ever work? I thought they were busy?

What I really liked in ep 12 was the fact that they addressed Tae Bong's past without making it a messy aspect in their relationship. In one of the earlier eps I realized they had a problem and that was that TaeBong knew Dal Ja's past but Dal Ja knew nothing about Tae Bong. Essentially I think, humans need to know each other to understand each other. The fact that TaeBong hid his life from her meant that either he didn't trust or that he simply didn;t want to share.

So Anyway.. if you're wondering whether or not you should watch this, definitely do.

This drama will not disappoint and does not resort to hackneyed cliches to improve its simple yet beautiful plot.

thanks monoceros for that great anaylsis. but i really agree, this drama is close to reality. the relationships created at work. im not yet working, so i really dont know much about the working industry. but it's good this drama puts much effort in small details. which then becomes a huge part with the flow of the drama.

i was personally impressed by MinKi's acting when he cried while eating. when i watched IRRLY, i though he was an amateur. but that scene totally changed my perspective of him. i know he'll be recognized for his acting skills someday. and he's very good at memorizing scripts.

and sometimes there are people like KiJeong that dont care if people like them for the wrong reasons. some rich people go out with girls even if they know that the only thing they want is their money.

i love all characters, and the interaction amongst themselves.

I saw the first episode and I liked it. I'm holding off from watching it till more subs are released because I can already tell that I'll get hooked so I don't want to spend night and day waiting :D

But anyhoo, thanks for the well organized thread and the spot translations and summaries. As someone mentioned, since they are getting together so early in the series, it looks like there'll be some drama ahead but I'm sure the writers will handle it well.

i hope writers will handle it well too.. i have so much faith in this drama.. this is so worth my time.

im so happy it was extended to two more episodes!

Show Power Video 2-11-07

Dal Ja's Spring NGs cut LQ

sh0wp0wervlde0ngs21107dxq5.jpg

avail @ my CB: http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

would having Tae Bong wear glasses and have his hair stylized as such, help him look even more cold-hearted for the scene in EP 12?

themenowhoyz2.gif

maybe the above gave him the look as if he knew too much about the world? That he isn't fresh out of law school?

-------------

there's a segment on "parodies" on this week's Yunyega Ent News (2-10-07), and features the parodies from Dal Ja's Spring.

---------

Okay, I just finished downloading episode 5 HQ from d-addicts... does anybody have any problems with the video? I got a blank screen with audio. :(

have you tried playing it on GOM Player?

i kinda think that the 'act' where TaeBong ate the cookies was a gesture of power. he's telling HeeYon's parents that what's done is done.. and they cant do anything about it.. and that he couldnt care less what happens to them. i did think he was a bit cold to the couple. but i also thought it shows how TaeBong is very used to being a lawyer.

when DalJa was on her first day of work, she was a bit lost and didnt know what to do. she was also shy around people. but after working there for how many years, we see DalJa's transformation to a more bold and authoritative woman. i see TaeBong similarly. but after the death, it made him think of what he really wants to be. then it changed his whole life and now he's humble and living a simple life.

MinKi's picture above does give a slight 'cold-hearted' effect. i even think of Lee DongWook (GongChan) in that pic who was also cold. :)

i have a request... lol

did someone compile all the parody videos and DalJa's imagination? i wanna burn them all in a cd lol :)

what episode is kbs world currently airing??

i knew it.. am hooked to this series ...

so thanks so much for the spot translations ... and the screen caps ...

EPISODE 4 is gonna air this wednesday... this episode is where i laughed the most... the 'threesome' scare was sooo hilarious!!! :)

cant wait for TaeBong's birthday and DalJa's surprise present!!! :) any previews yet?

Guest valenti

i really love this kdrama. i can't wait on what's going to happen next :)

kudos to the make up artist for this kdrama because chae rim really looks a 30 yr old woman because of her make up and hairstyle.

hope it's wednesday already so i could finally watch this again :)

I don't see how Tae Bong could have done otherwise with the parents. He's just being prmatic about it. What's the point of prolonging the inevitable bankruptcy. Perhaps he could have explained the reality to them , but hey, they are the businesmen, not the lawyer. So, it;s not the lawyer's fault. Lawyeres are not miracle workers. Actually I find the storyline is a bit stretching on this. But, I love the show.

Guest fashionista
EPISODE 4 is gonna air this wednesday... this episode is where i laughed the most... the 'threesome' scare was sooo hilarious!!! :)

cant wait for TaeBong's birthday and DalJa's surprise present!!! :) any previews yet?

nope. i just checked. the link for the preview doesn't work yet. maybe later on...

Ep 10

28581828_400x611.jpg

28581829_400x516.jpg

28581830_400x384.jpg

28581831_400x612.jpg

28581832_400x512.jpg

28581833_400x511.jpg

28581834_400x515.jpg

28581835_400x621.jpg

28581836_400x489.jpg

ep 11

28581936_300x470.jpg

28581937_300x359.jpg

28581938_300x364.jpg

28581939_300x385.jpg

28581940_300x470.jpg

28581941_300x348.jpg

ep 12

28581966_300x368.jpg

28581967_300x254.jpg

28581968_300x368.jpg

28581969_300x254.jpg

28581970_300x595.jpg

28581971_300x254.jpg

28581973_300x481.jpg

28581974_300x481.jpg

28581975_300x368.jpg

source: naver/rain

Are my eyes deceiving me?

I thought there would be 20 episodes? But now on the first page there'll be 22?

:lol: your eyes are fine. they added 2 more episodes to the drama. :)

Guest kodoque
would having Tae Bong wear glasses and have his hair stylized as such, help him look even more cold-hearted for the scene in EP 12?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7307/themenowhoyz2.gif

maybe the above gave him the look as if he knew too much about the world? That he isn't fresh out of law school?

doesnt he look like daniel henney in that picture? at first glance i didnt realize it was LMK.

That picture look too cold. It's like too calculative for his character.

Guest Dahee Fanel

It just occurred to me that the "cold" Tae-bong shown in the flashback is sort of like Uhm Ki Joon now...Successful and rich, but very caught up in his work, so much so that he's lost what it means to live a fulfilling and "warm" life...In that sense, I think TB can relate to UKJ, and perhaps help him? This entire love triangle situation could be a nice chance for UKJ to learn something about himself.

Creidesca, thanks for that glasses picture of Minki. Yes, I think it would have been better if he'd been dressed like that for that scene. Gives off the right kind of atmosphere. :)

Creidesca, thanks for that glasses picture of Minki. Yes, I think it would have been better if he'd been dressed like that for that scene. Gives off the right kind of atmosphere. :)

I'm always suprised at how much of a "chameleon" Min Ki can be; just take a look at the picture/photo that was included on the following page of the article in which the above Min Ki in glasses was featured (Anan Feb 2007).

However, I feel there might be a different intent behind the particular look the director/crew went with for Tae Bong's past. I'll have to get back to this (need to go somewhere and won't be back for the next 7hrs), but compare the present Tae Bong "look", his past "look" (which was "down") and also to this one from RRLY, where his hair was also "down" albeit a bit differently [as he conveyed his feelings to BS on his B-day]:

rrlye31endbavi000182716sg6.jpg

-------------

from Min Ki's cafe:

1ghox6.gif

creidesca ~ wow..thanks so much for the pics!!

I'm totally in love with this drama..waiting for the sub to come out every day here hehehe...

Btw, anyone know where can I get some wallpapers or photos from this drama?

Btw, is it true that this drama will be extended by 2 episodes?? YAY!!!!!

kamsahamida!!

s2valetinescm0.jpg

*thank you autuymnrain for the banner*

EPISODE 7

Main Translator: ai*

Spot Translator: javabeans

Timer: debbii

Editor: Athaclena42

Final QC: ay_link

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

Please keep fansubbing alive by NOT reproducing/distributing any hardsubbed episodes from our softsubs on YouTube, DailyMotion or any other streaming websites/forums/newsgroups/online hosting services such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.

We thank you for all cooperation and continuous supports.

Guest midnitegenx

yes..this drama rocks my socks. chae rim and min ki looks so good together. I found it so heart wrenching for min ki at the end of ep 11. Sobs..

the preview for EP 13:

13회 :: 해피 발렌타인데이 투 유!

어느 순간부터 달자는 강태봉이 남자로 느껴지기 시작한다. 그 녀석과 스치기만 해도 이상한 기분이 들어 바짝 긴장하는 그녀, 두 사람 사이에 팽팽하고 묘한 기운이 감도는데…!

한편, 임신 사실을 알게 된 위선주는 혼자서 병원에 찾아간다. 발렌타인데이를 하루 앞두고 홈쇼핑 회사에서 사고가 터지면서 고순애마저 쓰러져 병원에 실려가게 되는데…!

go here to watch the preview clip: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dalja/view/preview/preview.html

and here's a downloadable link for the preview of EP 13:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jwf8f1

-----------

clothes from the drama?? or mix/match articles of clothing? it's an event of some sort: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dalja/event/event06/event06.html

translation courtesy of purpletiger86

Episode 13: Happy Valentine's Day To You!

Dal Jah starts to see Kang Tae Bong as a man. Just slightly touching him makes her feel nervous and inbetween their relationship, they feel a strong force of dizziness...! (??-unsure)

Meanwhile, Sun Joo visits the hospital after finding out that she's pregnant. A day before Valentine's day, an accident occurs at the home shopping company. Go Soon Ae faints and gets sent to thehospital...!

Guest n5y17cgirl

Spot translations for Episode 12 - Part 2

Time: 16:04

Bathroom scene at work, with the 3 of them in adjacent stalls

SJ: Is it a trend among girls in their 20’s nowadays to talk all nasal-y/whiny (like a baby)? It’s annoying.

SA: That way, men will think they’re cute.

DJ: And also, why do girls in their 20’s nowadays have no individual personality? All with clean, fresh makeup and long straight hair?

SA: That way, men will like them.

SJ: And to see men all happy after hearing kids(20 year olds) like that call them 'oppa' once…

DJ: And on top of that, if they look innocent and helpless, why do men go all weak in the knees?

SA: Isn’t that why they’re men? Men are scared of women who are intelligent and straightforward. B/c once women start arguing about the finer points of this and that, men find that annoying/tiresome.

DJ: How can he go without sleep for several days without getting a nose bleed once?

SA: So that’s how you know at that age they know how to eat & live.

SJ: In any case, girls in their 20’s these days…

DJ: I really don’t like them.

SA: They’ll grow up(age), too, and they’ll say the same things, too. And when they get older, they’ll become like Kang team-jang.

DJ: (in disbelief) No matter how old we get, we won’t ever become like Kang team-jang.

SA: You don’t know that for sure.

SJ: I don’t like even entertaining that idea. Let’s stop talking about that (I think they’re calling Kang team-jang an ugly/shapeless ahjuma here).

DJ: I agree/concur.

SA: I second that motion.

(The 3 of them walk out of their stalls to find Kang team-jang outside washing her hands.)

Kang team-jang: [The three of you] must have temporarily forgotten that this is a public restroom. If you wish to talk about such things in the future, I [suggest] you go find somewhere more private so that it doesn’t reach the ears of (an ugly/shapeless ahjuma). Do you understand, Ko Soon-ae, Wee Sun-jae, and Oh Dal-ja?

(Kang team-jang walks out.)

SA: It doesn’t matter for me since we’re no longer working in the same dept. but what about you, DJ? What are you going to do?

DJ: You’re telling me. The future looks frightening [for me].

SJ: You know what’s more frightening? The fact that that woman and I wear the same brand lipstick. I don’t like it. I better change right away.

(SJ walks over to the trashcan, takes out her lipstick and throws it in the trash.)

SA: She’s more frightening to me.

DJ (to herself): But to me, I envied her. Her overflowing self-confidence. If I had only half that self-confidence, life would be a little easier…Things I don’t have are endless, damn…

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Scene where DJ thinks she sees TB waiting for her in front of her apt bldg and then in the shower…

Time: 28:33

DJ: What am I doing? I can’t do this…

Time: 28:49

At DJ’s mom’s restaurant

DJ: Mom, I’m here. Mom, are you not here?

TB walks back in.

DJ: You, how [why are you here?]-

DJ’s mom: Oh did you come, DJ?

DJ: Mom, how.. why is he here?

DJ’s mom: You haven’t told her yet?

TB: I did.

DJ: You did? When?

TB: I did. [i told you] I had started working at the best-tasting 20-year old restaurant.

DJ: You didn’t tell me it was our place.

TB: It’s 9 o’clock. Should I close(lock) the doors, teacher?

DJ: Teacher?!

DJ’s mom: Yeah, lock the doors, and then come inside. Grandma says to eat some fruit before you go.

DJ: Mom.

DJ’s mom: I’m going in first.

DJ: Hey, TB, you-

TB: Aren’t you going in? We have to eat fruit.

TB: Grandmother, have some.

hands her some fruit

Grandma: o.k. let’s have a taste. It tastes like honey.

TB: Teacher, have some.

DJ’s mom: No I’m ok. I’m already full.

TB (to DJ): What are you doing? Aren’t you going to eat the apples? Here.

DJ: Forget it; it’s fine. I’m not eating. You eat it.

TB: You have to eat lots of apples to have a beautiful complexion. Isn’t that so, grandmother?

Grandma: Of course, of course! Women have to eat lots of apples. Look at me; that’s why my complexion is still so good.

TB: Oh, I see. I thought that’s why your face still looked so young. If you go strictly by face age only, you could be DJ’s older sister-buddy.

Grandma: I know you’re just saying that, but it’s good to hear anyway.

TB: I’m serious.

DJ (to herself): What is this?

Bus scene

Time: 32:35

TB: Are you really mad? I thought you might be unnecessarily uncomfortable if I told you I was working at your mom’s restaurant, that’s why I didn’t tell you.

DJ: It’s fine. When did you ever tell me things about this and that. I’m not even curious about those things anymore. Whether you tell me or not, I trust that you know how to live your life accordingly.

(TB moves over right next to her.)

DJ: What are you doing?

(TB puts her arm around her.)

TB: Promise me. Promise me that you won’t be scared regardless of what I tell you from this point on. To be honest, I killed someone.

TB proceeds to tell DJ about the story of HY and her parents…

TB: When I was working at the law firm, I was overseeing a merger & acquisition deal which forced a small business to close down.

HY’s dad: Please just help us so that our store doesn’t have to close.

HY’s mom: If you help us, I won’t ever forget it.

TB: (blah, blah, blah… and then) While you have the chance, try to at least get the cost of the land.

HY’s dad: You can’t do this. That shop is like my own son. Please I’m begging you.

HY’s mom: Our daughter has to have surgery, too.

TB (coldly): I’m sorry. The decision has already been made.

TB’s voiceover:

And then when I returned to the office, I found the couple’s last gift delivered on my table.

TB reads the note that came with the gift, which says:

"A person needs to eat warm food(rice) so that his heart can also become warm(-hearted/compassionate)."

TB proceeds to eat the doshirak, as tears begin to fall…

DJ: Is that why you quit the law firm?

TB: Yeah, and for one year, as I was saving up for HY’s operation, I thought "what should I do with my life now?" And that’s when I decided, "o.k. let’s make warm doshirak that makes people warm-hearted."

DJ: And so what you were looking for was my mom’s restaurant.

TB: It’s not that I intentionally didn’t tell you. Only… I wasn’t sure how to tell you.

DJ: I wasn’t intentionally going back & forth between you and UKJ. Only… I’m scared. I always either had one-sided love or love that would only last for 2 months… And then all of a sudden you started making these great strides towards me… I suddenly felt scared. And I didn’t have much confidence… And then seeing HY – she’s so young and pretty. If you compare me to her, I’m much older.

TB: You’re pretty, too. You’re pretty b/c you laugh easily. You’re pretty when you scowl at the slightest things, you’re pretty b/c you know how to look embarrassed, and you’re pretty b/c you know how to be shy. Also, b/c you’re blunt and b/c you’re modest. Being just like you are now is very pretty.

DJ: How really embarrassing(?)

TB: Knowing that this is (embarrassing?) is also pretty.

*my favorite line of this episode*

TB: I’ll wait. I’ll wait w/o waivering until you’ve made up your mind(figured out your heart). But in turn, I’d appreciate it if you just don’t take too long. And if you didn’t meet UKJ too often.

(Bus driver comes back in and says that everything is o.k. now and that they’re good to go again.)

DJ’s voiceover:

Usually in dramas, in scenes like this the lead male & female characters would share a steamy kiss or confess their love for one another, but we didn’t. Instead, we didn’t say a word until the bus arrived (at our destination). However, in our hearts it was the most romantic.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Hospital scene

Time: 55:23

DJ: You’re Hee-yeon, right?

HY: By chance, were you the woman outside my hospital room last time?

DJ: Yes, that’s me. My name is Oh Dal-ja. I’m a friend of TB.

HY: I’ve heard a lot about you from [TB oppa]. I was very curious about what kind of person you were.

DJ: I bet you’re a bit disappointed. I’m probably older than you thought.

HY: No, you’re younger than I thought.

DJ: Really? Wow, a young person like you knows how to converse.

HY: It’s just like oppa said.

DJ: What did he say?

HY: He said that you’d be really happy if I said you looked really young.

DJ: That little…

(HY laughs)

DJ: Would you like to east some fruit?

HY: Yes.

TB sees the two of them from outside.

DJ: How do you have such a nice complexion? I’m jealous.

HY: No, I think yours looks better. My dream was to become a career woman like you. I hear you have your own apt?

DJ: Well, it’s not mine. I’m leasing.

HY: Anyhow, I’m envious.

DJ: Yeah? To be honest, being a career woman… that’s a long story. First, let’s eat this fruit and then talk. [They say] you have to eat a lot of apples for you to have a nice complexion. So that’s why I brought a lot of apples. I might have to take some home with me… Tell me, how do you keep your complexion so good?

Scene outside DJ’s apt

DJ thinks she’s imagining things again and shakes her head…

Time: 57:43

TB: What are you doing?

DJ: Oh nothing.

TB: Where are you coming back from so late? I had to wait for 2 hours again in the cold.

Oh, it’s cold! _________

DJ holds up her keys to TB

DJ: Keep this.

TB: Are you giving this to me?

DJ: Although I don’t like having someone in my house while I’m not there, I don’t like having to make you wait outside for me in the cold either. And the neighbors will think it’s weird. Here. (hands TB the keys) Let’s go inside.

(TB hugs DJ)

DJ: What are you doing?

TB: At times like this, you just stay still and don’t say anything… Did you go to the hospital?

DJ: What? No.

TB: Your hair smells like the hospital.

DJ: Really? I wonder why that is?

TB: I can’t stand it you’re so beautiful.

DJ (choking): Just a second…

*END SCENE*

Archived