[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lotteworld

Here are three more add-on background music in Dalja's Spring. Got it from TSK, re-uploaded in sendspace. :)

1. Secret Garden - Nocturne

http://www.sendspace.com/file/efjrry

2. The Lion Sleeps Tonight [**personally like this one especially~** Reminded me of... :)]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tl68zd

3. 부탁해요(拜托)왁스

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vqkyli

Guest babymarzy07

thanks n5y17girl for the spot translations.. im curious as to how that convo ended though.. hehhehe a bit OT here, i was planning on studying hangul to understand these dialogue stuff but then after hearing ppl say it was really hard to get esp if ur not in korea yourself.. i feel somewhat discouraged.. but i think id still wanna learn just scared seems to be so technical with multiple meanings... hahhahah cant wait for next week!! :) nice too see you here cuteboa, kababayans chigusa and choijiwoo :)

Guest cafeaulait

While we're waiting for the rest of n5y17cgirl's translations, I thought I'd translate a couple funny scenes with TB's mom in ep. 11 and ep. 12. She's such a nag but she's growing on me, and as someone said earlier, I feel sorry for her because TB's dad isn't nice to her at all. :(

Ep. 11 at 51:00

TB's mom is lying in bed sick. TB's grandfather comes in looking concerned.

GF: Daughter, where and how are you sick?

M: I don't know. Maybe it's a cold. I feel like I'm going to die.

GF (feels her forehead): Hmm, you don't have much a fever.

M: Is my temperature the issue?! My body aches all over.

GF: Daughter, what's the matter this time? Why has your fake sickness gotten worse?

M: I want to see Taebong so much, father.

GF: Is Dr. Kang still not home yet?

M: I don't know. He's a man who doesn't think of me even as much as a nose hair in his nostril. (voice becomes ghostly) I should just get sick and die. Would he acknowledge my existence then?

GF: These damn men of the Kang family! How can both father and son be so cold? Daughter, I hear you haven't even eaten dinner yet. Should I tell the maid to make some porridge?

M: Forget it. My mouth feels rough and prickly, and I don't have an appetite.

GF (exasperated): These damn men of the Kang family! I'll...! (tightens knuckles)

Meanwhile, TB's dad has gone to stalk DJ's mom.

TBD: You're Jungae, right? Jung Jungae? (DJ's mom heads for the door) It's me, Kang Jin Gook [? Jin Wook? Jin Goo?]. Have you forgotten me?

DJM: It seems you've come to the wrong place. Please go back.

TBD: You're still pretty as always. [ :crazy: ]

Just then DJ's grandma comes home. DJ's mom says TB's dad is a customer who came after hours. DJ's mom tells him, "We're closed now." TB's dad says, "Oh really. Excuse me," and rushes away.

At TB's house, TB's mom comes out to greet TB's dad.

TBM: I was just having a nighttime snack. Would you like some, too?

TBD: Have a lot yourself.

TB's mom goes back to the kitchen and gloomily eats bibimbap. TB's dad is pensive in his study. DJ's mom looks pained in her bedroom. I think the song in the background has lyrics about how love sucks...

Ep. 12 at 1:00:30

TB's dad gazes at an old photograph of DJ's mom. TB's mom comes into the study, and TB's dad hastily hides the pic in his book.

TBM: Did you go and see TB?

TB's grandfather (comes in): I told her. She was lying in bed with her head wrapped, what could I do?

TBM: Where is TB? What did he say he's doing these days?

TBD: For the time being, pretend you don't know and leave him alone.

TBM: Husband...

TBD: If you go see TB, it's obvious TB will go hide somewhere else. So for the time being, act like you don't know.

TBM: How can I act like I don't know? He's my son. I can't leave him like that, I better--

TBD (hits the desk): For God's sake, leave him alone! Why do you have to be so frustrating? Don't you know the human psychology that the more you cling to him, the more he'll want to run away?

TBM: Husband...?

TBD: Listen to what I say, all right? For the time being, don't show up in front of TB! If you go see TB, then it'll really be the end between you and me! Do you understand?

Outside, TB's mom and grandfather are bewildered.

TBM: It's the first time I've seen him so angry, father.

TBGF: Me, too. He was "eun-bak".

TBM: What's "eun-bak"?

TBGF: He secretly/quietly [eungeunhee] has forcefulness [? baknyuk]. "Eun-bak." It's the fashion these days to shorten words, you know?

TBM: Aigoo, I miss TB to death.

TBGF: But Dr. Kang has made his point so clear, don't you think it would be better not to show up in front of TB for the time being, daughter?

TBM: How about we first get the dirt on that soosemi, father? [*I think a soosemi is a knotty sponge you use to clean dishes. Probably TB's mom thinks DJ's hair is a knotty mess like a soosemi.]

TBGF: Huh?

TBM: Last time when I saw TB's cell phone, I saw the name "Madam Oh Dalja." Father, couldn't you find out a little about her?

TBGF: Daughter...

TBM: I won't let TB catch on to what I'm doing! I promise! "Promise"! Yes?

And that's how we get to the end of ep. 12, with TB's mom and GJ's ex-wife getting off the elevator at DJ's workplace.

GJW: What floor are you going to?

TBM: I wonder what floor the MD team is on...

GJW: It's the 7th floor. I'm going there, too, so you can get off with me.

They get off on the 7th floor.

GJW: Ms. Oh Dalja! I'm happy to see you.

DJ (voiceover): Why on earth had this woman come to see me again? Age 33. At that moment, I had ran into the two most problematic [literally "unsolvable"] women of my life.

Guest cafeaulait

I just realized that in ep. 12 TB's dad tells TB's mom she's pretty, and TB tells DJ she's pretty. Creeepy. There are also a lot of comments across the board about beauty and youth.

DJ, her sunbae, and SJ in the bathroom: "Women in their twenties can go around with a face without makeup."

TB to DJ's grandma as they're eating apples: "Apples are good for your skin." "That's right. I eat fruits all the time, and look at my skin." "I always thought your skin was special, grandma. If you compare just skin, you and DJ look the same age."

DJ to Heeyun at the hospital: "I brought a lot of apples because they're good for your skin, but it looks like you don't need them. How can your skin be so beautiful? I'm so envious. Can you tell me the secret, so I can write it down?"

Also at the hospital. HY: "It's just as oppa said." DJ: "What did he say?" HY: "That you'd be pleased if I told you you looked young." DJ: "That rascal..."

DJ to TB on the bus: "I didn't have the confidence. Seeing that girl Heeyun, who is so young and pretty... Compared to Heeyun, I'm too old."

TB's response: "You're pretty, too. You're pretty because you smile and laugh a lot. You're pretty because you easily crinkle your face in a frown. You're pretty because you get embarrassed and know how to be ashamed. At times, you're pretty because you're transparent. At other times, you're pretty because you're adult-like. The way you are now, you're already pretty enough."

DJ: "You're giving goosebumps."

TB: "You're pretty because you know this is goosebump-inducing [i.e. overly romantic/cheesy]."

I guess we all have our insecurities and would love to hear someone tell us what TB tells DJ?

---

BTW, I don't mean to be insensitive, especially after reading about actress Jung Dabin's suicide on the main forum, but did anyone else get really angry at Heeyun's parents for offing themselves like that after weeping about their daughter not being able to get surgery? Good job, now their daughter not only has a bad leg, she also doesn't have parents. Oh, and of course, you send a creepy lunchbox to the lawyer who told you your business was going under anyways, so he can live with guilt for the rest of his life.

Guest iisenaii

im obsessed with this drama.

there's a lot of good stuff in this drama.

a lot of quotes.....i have to pause what im watching and jot it down on a notepad.. kuz stupid kbs isn't posting the darn 대본.

i squeal and giggle and laugh and everything by myself. -_-;;

but this drama is so sweet. i like it a lot. (:

BTW, I don't mean to be insensitive, especially after reading about actress Jung Dabin's suicide on the main forum, but did anyone else get really angry at Heeyun's parents for offing themselves like that after weeping about their daughter not being able to get surgery? Good job, now their daughter not only has a bad leg, she also doesn't have parents. Oh, and of course, you send a creepy lunchbox to the lawyer who told you your business was going under anyways, so he can live with guilt for the rest of his life.

I actually feel similar to that (although I had no idea that the parents lamented about Hee Yun's surgery and stuff) but they were basically desperate to save themselves from being bankrupt right? I guess it's kinda selfish for them to run away from their responsibility and leaving Hee Yun to herself (and the debt, is she left with the debt too?) And about the lunchbox, omg, I actually thought about that when I was watching the scene. Perhaps they meant to advice him to not be so cold, but whatever, they know they're gonna die, they know whatever happens they must've inflicted TB with guilt for him to live with. How sneaky.

Guest BeyoutifuLove x

ahh. i'm falling madly for Taebong. he looks so cute in the flashback

to his past. with his hairstyle there, he looks cuter :] and the part

where he hugs ChaeRim and says "이뻐서 죽겠다" >< the best.

and i think i'm getting more interested in the love affair between

Taebong's dad and ChaeRim's mom, hahaha. it's just so romantic.

Guest dreamequus

Thank you everyone for the translation! You are great!

The story goes deeper and deeper, so I cannnot understand this drama well without your interpretation.

TBD: You're still pretty as always. [ :crazy: ]

:w00t:

It's the one of the universal problems for women from the ancient time :sweatingbullets:

The writer really knows who we human beings are!

did anyone else get really angry at Heeyun's parents for offing themselves like that after weeping about their daughter not being able to get surgery? Good job, now their daughter not only has a bad leg, she also doesn't have parents. Oh, and of course, you send a creepy lunchbox to the lawyer who told you your business was going under anyways, so he can live with guilt for the rest of his life.

I actually feel similar to that (although I had no idea that the parents lamented about Hee Yun's surgery and stuff) but they were basically desperate to save themselves from being bankrupt right? I guess it's kinda selfish for them to run away from their responsibility and leaving Hee Yun to herself (and the debt, is she left with the debt too?) And about the lunchbox, omg, I actually thought about that when I was watching the scene. Perhaps they meant to advice him to not be so cold, but whatever, they know they're gonna die, they know whatever happens they must've inflicted TB with guilt for him to live with. How sneaky.

I'm confused a bit about the meaning of the bento...

I wonder how to relate these two. More stories in TB's past seems coming out:)

-TB is really good at waitressing. The women customers love him. TB tells DJ's mom that about a year ago someone gave him a bento (the Korean word is doshirak) that was so full of warmth that it turned his life around. Apparently, his mom never cooked for him in his life. In any case, after this incident, TB decided his dream is to become the owner of the best bento shop ever and make nice meals for people. DJ is such a kind and brave person he had wondered what kind of meals she had been eating. Now he wants to learn from the "master" - DJ's mom. DJ's mom gives in.

When TB opened the thermos bottle of rice, the steam came out form it...

Guest cafeaulait

a lot of quotes.....i have to pause what im watching and jot it down on a notepad.. kuz stupid kbs isn't posting the darn 대본.

i squeal and giggle and laugh and everything by myself. -_-;;

Hey, I laugh out loud all the time when I'm watching this drama. It sounds a smart idea to jot down your favorite quotes! Do you know if it's possible to buy a copy of the script from KBS?

question...in the scene where Hee-yun is crying over her parents' bodies...did she also call out to Tae Bong? I thought I heard her say his name one or two times?

I think she says "Mom [umma]" and "Dad [apba]", which might sound like "older brother" [opba]. Later, she says something like "Don't leave" or "Don't die," but it's kind of incomprehensible because she's crying. I don't think she knows who TB is at that point, and I wonder how they meet and what's going on in HY's mind about her relationship with TB. I wonder also how TB knows his friend who runs the clothing store...

I'm confused a bit about the meaning of the bento...

I wonder how to relate these two. More stories in TB's past seems coming out:)

It's the same lunchbox. Remember when HY's parents are in TB's office, TB is eating a cookie or something (which was weirdly unprofessional, unless TB was deliberately trying to be disrespectful)? TB said a few episodes ago that his mother never cooked him meals. She always gave him money to buy lunch. (Incidentally, since TB's middle school days, his mom spied on him when he was outside the house to see what he was up to. Since she certainly has time on her hands, maybe she just doesn't like cooking.) For TB, the lunchbox HY's parents sent him was the human touch he had craved and a wake-up call. Rethinking his life, TB decided he wanted to make warm lunches for other people.

In other words, the writers probably didn't mean the lunchbox to be creepy/sneaky like deeta and I thought it was, but man, isn't it? Plus I just remembered that HY's parents begged TB to let them keep the company because the company was like their child, but then they left their real child behind. Grrrr.

I think I need to stop obsessively coming back again and again to this thread until at least the next episode is out. Here are a few final spoilers for ep. 12 that might not have been obvious if you didn't catch the dialogue:

-At DJ's mom's restaurant, DJ's mom asks if TB hadn't told DJ he was working there, and TB says he has - he told her he was starting at a restaurant with a 20-year tradition. DJ points out he never said it was her mom's place.

-On the bus, TB asks if DJ is mad he didn't tell her he was working at her mom's place. He says he didn't tell her because he didn't want her to be concerned/bothered by it. DJ says why should she be mad - he never tells her anything anyway, and he can live his life however he wants. TB then tells DJ, "Don't be alarmed by what I say now. I killed a man." (Cue flashback about why he quit his job.) DJ: "So that's why..." TB tells her he didn't tell her not because he didn't want to but because he didn't know how to tell her. DJ says likewise she didn't mean to ditch him for GJ that night - she was just afraid. The only romances in her life have been one-sided or 2-month affairs that end w/her getting dumped, so she didn't know what to do when TB suddenly came at her. Also, she didn't have confidence because she felt too old for him, especially after seeing Heeyun. TB tells DJ she's pretty enough as she is. (See translation a few posts earlier.) TB tells DJ he'll wait for her, but not to make him wait too long and not to meet GJ too much before coming to him.

-When DJ gives TB her keys, she says the thought of TB hanging out in her apt when she's not there bothers her, but the thought of him waiting outside bothers her more, plus it's noticeable to the neighbors. TB hugs her, and DJ asks what he's doing. TB tells her at a time like this the proper thing to do is to be quiet. TB says he smells the hospital in her hair and asks if she has been to the hospital. DJ denies it ("That's odd, I wonder why it smells like the hospital?"). TB laughs and says, "You're so pretty/loveable!"

Guest wls2948

Having Tae Bong and Dal Ja coming together in acknowledging their love so early in the drama does give me a chilling feeling...that after ep 13, things will start to go downhill......

ahh.. so much to catch up! my server broke down yesterday and cant update the first post.. garr.. i missed this thread already :) AFTER 2 hours, im finally done with updating the first post!

im so happy MORE are enjoying this drama!! like what n5y17cgirl it's never tooo late :) this drama is tooo enjoyable to miss!! no drag parts and really touches the inner side of women. the last time i was obsessed with a drama is Fantasy Couple :) the storyline was also good but it kinda dragged the main part of the story, still enjoyable though.. lots of pranks that made the drama popular

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks so much cutipie for the song!

choijiwoojodi: kbsworld is the international channel of kbs.. since kbs has 2 stations, kbs1 and kbs2, some shows from kbs1 and kbs2 are shown in kbsworld.. like pure 19 is aired in kbs1 and dalja's spring in kbs2

ratings for episode12 are not bad! im actually happy that ratings are climbing.. though DalHee seems to be speeding up pretty fast.. anyway DalJa still is the best! :)

i have a question about her though. what is her character name exactly?

they call her kang team-lead. her name is 강신자 (kang shin-ja) i think?

but on the hp.. there's a character by the name of 강순실 (kang soon-shil). who is supposed to be taebong's aunt.

is this the same woman? is it her? and i'm confused about the name 변정숙 (byeon jeong-sook) too. is that her too?

why does she have 2 names? maybe this was explained in an earlier episode but i did skip about 3 and don't really want to back track. hope someone can answer my question cuz i'm dying to know.

i'm also a little confused about taebong's dad's name. on the character profile it's 강순홍 (kang soon-hong).

but i thought i heard 강신구 (kang shin-gu)...?????

so confused.

that was what i was wondering too even before!! im so confused as there are still 2 characters that havent been shown yet.. Kang Soon Shil, accdg to the profile, is TaeBong's dad's younger sister, so that makes her TaeBong's aunt? and Byun Jeong Sook is Kang Team Jang? maybe it was her previous name and she just changed it to Kang? or now im being silly about the names?

lotteworld wow this is so great of you!! thanks for the compiled songs!!! :)

lee-chan this has 22 episodes :)

thank you so much for all the reups of ep11 and 12!! you guys are great!

OMG episode 13's BED SCENE!! this is something to be look forwarded to!! yah CR is inexperienced in scenes like this.. im quite happy that CR has taken a different role, and this was her first drama to do a hot kiss. now it's her first drama to have a bed scene!

Hey guys.

I haven't started watching this one yet but do you guys recommend it?

i HIGHLY recommend it!! this is one drama that you can't miss.. i personally enjoy the interaction among the characters, even those with small parts give a whole lot meaning to the drama.

I think I need to stop obsessively coming back again and again to this thread until at least the next episode is out. Here are a few final spoilers for ep. 12 that might not have been obvious if you didn't catch the dialogue:

aww... but we will miss you and all your insights!! :) lol! thanks for the clarifications btw!

the lines 'i like you so much im dying' ...it sends me goosebumps!!!! it's soo sweet! :)

cant wait for episode 13 really!! the bed scene.. and more DalJa and TaeBong sweetness...

TaeBong's birthday in just A WEEK!!! :) :) :)

cafeaulait, thanks for the clarification.

for someone who asked for the script: actually it's on the HP.. http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/dalja/view/vod/vod.html

you just click the paper icon.. the only thing is it's all hangul.. :)

You can't trust the script KBS posts on their site. It will be quite different from what actually happens in the episode itself...however, you can definitely use it to see what was changed from/added to the original script.

credits to KIA at minki's cafe:

84515816rq7.gif

Guest n5y17cgirl

hey guys,

I tried posting in soompi last night, but the server froze on me and I couldn't get back in. I saw all the lovely posts/summary translations that everyone did. from quickly scanning, I think you guys covered all the important stuff in episode 12. you guys are awesome! BUT, if you still want spot translations of the dialogue for the rest of ep. 12, let me know.

babymarzy07 - that actually was the end of that conversation. sorry, my bad. in hindsight, I should have put *END SCENE* or something at the end (I actually went back and edited that post to reflect that). but yeah, TB just walks away from DJ after that... also, I think you should definitely pursue studying hangul. and as far as the slang/pop culture phrases, that you can just pick up with watching lots & lots of kdramas! :P (I remember once, I think it was in RRLY, a character used the phrase "sel-ca" which later I found out was the abbreviated form of "self-camera" - I had no idea!) unfortunately, translating is not a pure, direct science - there's usually more than one way to translate something. seriously, if one were to translate half the dialogue in its literal form, non-speaking koreans would be like "huh??" and confused b/c it wouldn't make sense.

I'm sad about Jung Da Bin :(

n5y17cgirl, I definitely still want to be able to read the spot translations for the rest of episode 12!

hey guys,

I tried posting in soompi last night, but the server froze on me and I couldn't get back in. I saw all the lovely posts/summary translations that everyone did. from quickly scanning, I think you guys covered all the important stuff in episode 12. you guys are awesome! BUT, if you still want spot translations of the dialogue for the rest of ep. 12, let me know.

n5y17cgirl i agree! one of my life goals is also to study hangul. in korean dramas, it's not merely watching, but one must also understand the culture altogether. often times, there are lots of words or similes that are a bit hard to understand because it only addresses koreans, or only koreans can connect to it. sometimes, i also feel i need to learn korean history to be able to understand a drama. movies like hanbando where there are so much political and social issues tackled. even in dalja's spring, culture is also integrated in the script. i just wish i could wake up one day and known korean language and culture. im also learning hangul bit by bit by reading books and constantly watching dramas.

if you could do some spot transaltions as creidesca requested, that would be awesome! :)

offtopic: im actually sad for DaBin too! im still in shock, the news bothers me until now. i hope she's in a happy place already. . .

Archived