[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest dramaok

20070201103354212c41035ht7.jpg

lee min-ki.. and chae rim to shoot 'bed scene' for kbs2 drama 'dalja's spring'...

however, whether or not their 'room sharing' will be a success is still unknown..

on the 14th broadcasting ep. 13, chae rim prepares a celebration for lee min-ki's birthday which has just passed and during it the two confirm their love for each other and share a kiss.. progressing to a certain atmosphere.. but just then a surprising sound of cell phone rings and the mood is destroyed.

lee min-ki, who appears determined by something, suddenly opens chae rim's bedroom door..

it has been revealed by a drama associate that, "the script is not yet out, thus it is hard to determine how their 'room share' is unwrapped.

but it will be a pleasant and comic bedscene."

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...amp;newssetid=5

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babymarzy07

lee min-ki.. and chae rim to shoot 'bed scene' for kbs2 drama 'dalja's spring'...

however, whether or not their 'room sharing' will be a success is still unknown..

on the 14th broadcasting ep. 13, chae rim prepares a celebration for lee min-ki's birthday which has just passed and during it the two confirm their love for each other and share a kiss.. progressing to a certain atmosphere.. but just then a surprising sound of cell phone rings and the mood is destroyed.

lee min-ki, who appears determined by something, suddenly opens chae rim's bedroom door..

it has been revealed by a drama associate that, "the script is not yet out, thus it is hard to determine how their 'room share' is unwrapped.

:w00t: :w00t: looking forward to this!!! wonder how they'll handle this or how this will unfold as part of their potential relationship wow its the present in the panel!!! go TB and DJ!! thanks for this juicy tidbit dramaok!!

Guest n5y17cgirl

%7Boption%7D

haha, that's so funny. creidesca had PM-ed me a similar article (regarding their upcoming bed scene) earlier for me to translate. I was just waiting for her to post it tomorrow morning, but yeah...

woo-hoo! can't wait for the fun to begin! :rolleyes:

%7Boption%7D

Ooooohhhh....me too!!! can't wait for ep13 :lol::lol: Thanks dramaok for this piece of juicy news ;)

but....geez, the ep's gonna air on 14Feb which is less than a week away... & the script's not out yet :huh::unsure:

Guest dreamequus

well my favorite character i think is this woman:

dljssprlngep12asf003099om9.jpgdljssprlngep12asf003209uz7.jpg

dljssprlngep12asf003293kg6.jpgdljssprlngep12asf003299hy3.jpg

actress yang hee-kyeong. she's doing such a great job playing the 'galgamel' character. hoho.

but i like her. she actually helped dalja but doesn't take credit for it.

and when dalja blames her for something she didn't do she didn't deny it either.

what a character w/ integrity albeit rough here and there..

I'm sorry I have no idea what her name is, but I really love this Kang chief a lot, too!

Yang Hee Kyung was Madam Yang and TB's mom was Madam Kwon at Secretary Room:)

Thank you so much dramaok, finally I got where 'Gargamel' came from!

This name made me crazy for weeks...

Dear cafeaulait, it's a wicked character in the Smurf world:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_charact...Smurfs#Gargamel

I really like how they use memories from the past, like music, movies, comics, etc.. Those memories are certainly a part of our life.

In Dal Ja's Spring, all parodies are DJ's wild imagination and those are from DJ's memory and that means those are something really familiar to the people in their 30's like DJ.

One time when Gargamel was coming, they used Jurassic Park, but it also reminded me Shaolin Soccer:)

Thanks lotteworld for the song list!

I guess there was a song from Once Upon a Time in America, but not sure though...

I like all women - 2 around DJ:)

here's translation/summary of a different article with a bit more info (?), regarding the "bed scene", courtesy of n5y17cgirl

LMK, bed scene with an older woman... one more time!

Following his bed scene with actress Kim Hye Soo (15 years his elder) in the movie "A Nice Day to Have An Affair", actor LMK will do another bed scene with an older woman - this time with actress Chae Rim (6 years his elder) in his current drama "Dal Ja's Spring." The two characters who are slowly falling for each other have a lover's quarrel, after which they unexpectedly end up sleeping in the same room together. Rather than having an erotic atmosphere, their bed scene is lively and cheerful.

Although LMK entrusted/left everything up to KHS during the filming of their bed scene, here however, he is the one leading CR.

Because this is CR's first bed scene, a slightly more experienced LMK must take the lead.

Dal Ja fans will be interested to know that this scene will be quite comical and will make you laugh as LMK leads a confused Dal Ja.

LMK + DJ's comical bed scene/spending the night together in the same room will be filmed on the 9th; the episode will air on the 14th.

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_sh/20070...3E%26%3C%2Fb%3E

----------------

I wonder how ad-libbed this scene will be? =)

Also, may I know the conversation b/w Dal Ja and TB at the beginning of EP 12 in the hospital?

I believe this confirms that Dal Ja's Spring will be 22 episodes.

from the the Dal Ja Spring official hp BBS:

NO : 등록일자 : 2007/02/09 16:07 작성자 : 운영자

제목 : 대본 서비스 관련

공홈에 가니까 공지가 떴네.

대본이 하도 안올라와서 시청자 개시판에 가 봤더니 공지가 떠 있더라구.

안녕하십니까.

<달자의 봄> 운영자 입니다.

대본 서비스는 최종고를 서비스 해 드리기 위해, 작가님께서 수정중에 있으십니다.

서비스가 지연되고 있는 점 양해 부탁드립니다.

등장인물의 배역 설명에 대해서도 곧 업데이트 될 예정이며,

<달자의 봄>은 22부작으로 2부작 연장되어 여러분들께 찾아갈 예정입니다.

앞으로도 많은 사랑 부탁드립니다.

감사합니다.

http://extbbs.kbs.co.kr/KBS/board.php?db=d...&act=notice

Oh Dear God, after 3 days. I'm finally done going through the whole thread!

Hello guys. ^_^

I just started watching this drama since it just started being aired on KBS World. ^_^

Wooh~ I'm such a TB-DJ shipper.

One thing about this drama is the panels. It's not only some art to be like fillers, but it actually stands for something.

Not all dramas do that, some maybe, but not all.

I also love the fact that Dal-ja doesn't have an incurable disease... just kidding. :lol:

Anyways, this drama is not the typical cliche type of drama. Because it's actually realistic, in such a way that single women in their 30's are usually the workaholic and hopelessly romantic types... ^_^

BTW, I'm a 14 yr. old, but I just love this drama. I like the fact that I don't really have to be a 30 yr. old woman to appreciate the storyline... DJ's mind narrations helps too btw. ^^

Wooh~ That's all for now.

Nice to meet everyone in this thread. ^^

here's the transcript of the MAKING 06, from KBS DMZ:

<달자의 봄> 세도역의 공형진 인터뷰

- 연기자의 길, 한번도 의심한 적 없어 -

<달자의 봄> 세도역의 공형진 인터뷰

[줌★인스타]

- 연기자의 길, 한번도 의심한 적 없어 -

공형진. 말이 필요 없는 배우. 영화와 드라마를 넘나들며 자신만이 할 수 있는 자신만의 영역을 구축한 배우. 촬영현장의 분위기 메이커. 아무리 지친 현장도 그만 오면 금새 밝아진다. 이런 내공은 인터뷰할 때도 나타난다. 늘 재미있고 웃기기만 할 줄 알았던 그는 인터뷰 할 때 진지해 진다. 뚜렷한 인생관과 배우관 그리고 오기와 욕심이 느껴진다. 쉽게 시작하고 쉽게 포기하는 젊은이들에게, 지난 16년 동안 단 한번도 자신의 길을 의심한 적 없었다는 그는 좋은 인생 선배가 될 수 있을 것 같다. 그의 이와 같은 믿음과 끈기는 어디서 나오는지 함께 들어보자.

■ 드라마가 벌써 중반을 넘어섰다. 맡은 배역 ‘세도’에게는 어떤 변화가 있는가?

공형진 : 그렇게 큰 차이가 있는 건 아니고요. 그런데 하다 보니까 초기 시놉시스 보다는 좀 더 정적이고 인간적인 냄새가 묻어 나는 것 같아요. 아직 ‘위선주’(이혜영 분)와의 관계가 본격적으로 시작되지 않았는데, 중 후반을 넘어가면서 러브모드가 많이 첨가 될 것 같아요.

■ 이번 작품이 연애 지침서가 된다는 시청자들이 많다. 그 만큼 연기자들의 대사와 행동 하나하나에 집중을 한다는 얘기인데, ‘소심남녀’를 위해 한마디~.

공형진 : 연애를 할 때 “내가 좀 내성적이고 소심한 편인데…” 라는 틀에 갇혀 있으면 안돼요. 정말 진심이 시키는 대로 하는 거죠. (필자: 거절 당하면 창피하잖아요~?) 거절 당했을 때의 창피함이 무섭다면 아예 하질 말아야죠. 그 모든 것을 감수하고 진심으로 얘기했을 때 좋은 결과가 있을 거라고 생각해요. 그런데 누울 자리를 보고 발을 뻗으랬다고, 너무 상대방의 상황을 고려하지 않고 들이 대면… 그건 배제해야죠. 연애를 할 때 생각은 심사숙고 하지만 행동은 단백하고 대담하게 해야 하지 않나 싶어요. 누가 누구를 사랑한다는 것은 정말 치열한 거죠.

■ 극 중 3명의 남자 ‘강태봉’ vs ‘엄기중’ vs’신세도’ 중 한 명을 추천해 준다면?’

공형진 : 솔직히 ‘태봉’이 같은 친구들이 현실에 몇 명이나 있겠어요? 하지만 대단히 참 매력 있는 남자임에는 틀림없고. ‘기중’도 분명한 색깔을 가지고 있지만, 저는 ‘기중’ 같은 캐릭터는 별로 안 좋아해요. 너무 집착을 한다든지 너무 결벽증이 있다든지. ‘세도’가 제일 낫지 않나요? 하하하. (필자: ‘세도’는 바람둥이에서 이제 정신 차렸잖아요, -_-;)

■ 드라마 이외의 얘기. 90년 영화 <그래 가끔 하늘을 보자>가 첫 작품이었는데, 그 동안 연기를 포기하고 싶었던 적은 없었는가?

공형진 : 단 한번도 없어요. (필자: 한번도요?) 네. 지금 생각하면 대단히 치기 어린 확신이었던 것 같고 어디서 기인한 자신감이었는지 모르겠어요. 어찌됐든 내가 배우가 돼야겠다고 결심하고, 배우의 길을 선택한 이후로는 단 한번도 “나 이거 안되면 어떡하지? 이거 안되면 생계를 위해서 다른 걸 해야겠구나.” 라는 생각은 단 한번도 하지 않았어요.

가장 큰 이유는 “내가 진정 원해서 이 길을 선택했는데, 꿈을 펼쳐보기도 전에 쉽게 좌절한다면 다른 일은 어떻게 하겠는가” 이런 의구심이 컸고 또 오기 같은 것도 있었고요. “나는 분명히 잘 될 텐데, 지금 남들의 시선은 내 인생에 있어서 그다지 중요한 게 아니다.”. 물론 가족이나 주변 사람들에게 미안한 마음도 있었죠. 그러나 이게 안되겠으니 다른 길로 진로를 모색해야겠다는 생각은 제 자존심이 허락하지 않았어요.

■ 그 믿음을 지탱하게 해준 사람은 누구인가?

공형진 : 아버지에 대한 것들이 대단히 컸어요. 아버지는 저와는 완전히 다른 길을 가신 분이고, 사회적으로 성공하신 분이고. 저희 아버지는 법대를 나오셨기 때문에. “아버지가 원하지도 않았지만 반대도 하지 않으셨던 이 길을 아버지 아들의 이름으로 보여드리겠다.”. 내가 선택했는데 “나 이거 못하겠어요.” 라는 모습을 보이기가 싫었어요. 좌우명은 “후회 없는 삶을 살자” 인데, 사람은 자기가 싫어하는 일은 죽어도 안 하게 돼 있거든요. “내가 어떤 일을 함에 있어서 시행착오를 겪을 수 있겠지만, 그것 조차도 내 삶의 일부다. 후회할 필요도 없고 후회하지도 말자.”.

■ 쉽게 시작하고 쉽게 포기하는 후배들에게.

공형진 : 배우가 된다는 길을 너무 싶게 보는 건지, 아니면 이미 스타가 된 사람들의 허상을 쫓는 건지. 결코 쉬운 길이 아닐뿐더러, 쉽게 될 수도 없고. 된다고 하더라고 보장도 없는 이 길을 걸어갈 땐 정말 자기만의 소명의식, 자기 안에 있는 근성이 뒷받침되지 않으면 저는 그런 사람은 되도 안 된다고 생각해요.

■ 얼마 전에는 애니메이션 더빙도 하고 정말 다양한 활동을 하고 있는데, 최종 꿈이 뭔지 궁금하다.

공형진 : 공형진의 몫이 어디까지 인가… 그걸 끊임없이 생각하고 끊임없이 도전하는 게 중요한 것 같아요. “난 이 정도면 됐구나. 먹고 사는데 지장 없을뿐더러 일생 이걸 유지하면 될 것 같다.” 라고 생각하는 순간 배우는 끝이죠. 앞으로 내 남은 인생 동안 신뢰가 있는 배우로 살고 싶은데… 내가 지금 할 수 있는 것과 없는 것, 앞으로 꼭 해야 할 것, 지금은 못하지만 앞으로 꼭 해내야 할 것들에 대한 계획은 분명히 있어야 된다고 봐요.

여러 활동을 하는 것도 중요하죠. 하지만 이런 부분들도 그냥 경험에서 끝나는 것이냐 더 잘할 수 있는 기반을 마련하는 것이냐에 대한 차이인 것 같아요. 어떤 것이든 나를 발전할 수 있고 계발할 수 있는 거라면 하겠다는 생각이에요.

■ 2007년 새해 소망 및 끝 인사

공형진 : ‘감사 드린다’는 말이 너무 판에 박힌 것 같지만, 감사한 건 사실이거든요. <달자의 봄> 마무리 잘하고, 앞으로 어느 작품에서 뵙든지 멋있고 잘생긴 배역보다는 신뢰를 줄 수 있는 배우가 되도록 노력하겠습니다. 잘 보시면 저… 괜찮아요, 하하하. 새 봄을 위해 힘차게 뛰어갔으면 좋겠습니다. 감사합니다.

♡이 내용은 <달자의 봄> 공식 홈페이지에서 동영상으로도 보실 수 있습니다.

dsc09696wy1.jpg

dsc09708xr0.jpg

dsc09711lx1.jpg

dsc09742fa2.jpg

Here are most of the "background" songs/OST for Dalja's Spring:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xq4nnm

Thanks lotteworld :w00t: I love this music

LMK + DJ's comical bed scene/spending the night together in the same room will be filmed on the 9th; the episode will air on the 14th.

mmm... Today is the Day... :rolleyes: How this scene will be???

...and DJ's S will be 22 episodes, really? This is great... more episodes! more fun!

Guest n5y17cgirl

I believe this confirms that Dal Ja's Spring will be 22 episodes.

from the the Dal Ja Spring official hp BBS:

NO : 등록일자 : 2007/02/09 16:07 작성자 : 운영자

제목 : 대본 서비스 관련

공홈에 가니까 공지가 떴네.

대본이 하도 안올라와서 시청자 개시판에 가 봤더니 공지가 떠 있더라구.

안녕하십니까.

<달자의 봄> 운영자 입니다.

대본 서비스는 최종고를 서비스 해 드리기 위해, 작가님께서 수정중에 있으십니다.

서비스가 지연되고 있는 점 양해 부탁드립니다.

등장인물의 배역 설명에 대해서도 곧 업데이트 될 예정이며,

<달자의 봄>은 22부작으로 2부작 연장되어 여러분들께 찾아갈 예정입니다.

앞으로도 많은 사랑 부탁드립니다.

감사합니다.

http://extbbs.kbs.co.kr/KBS/board.php?db=d...&act=notice

ooooo... yup, yup! sounds like the series has been extended for 2 more episodes - making it 22 episodes in total.

in addition to the ones from last night (I finally got sendspace to work again!), here are a couple more re-ups in Sendspace:

Episode 12

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gafyb

Making [of] Film 6 - Behind the Scenes Interview w/ 'SeDo'

http://www.sendspace.com/file/17ng93

*currently working on some spot translations from Episode 12 - mostly DJ-TB scenes; will post later today.

(creidesca, I'll get to the part you requested soon. ;) )

Guest chigusa707

Pao...I'm the opposite of you..well..just the feeling really really stupid part.

i feel really really stupid for starting to watch this!!

I downloaded every single episode since the first time it aired. But I havent watch any of it until today -- out of all days.

I watched the first episode with subs just now.

Why?

Because I just KNEW that I'd get obsessed with it!!!

This show is toooooooooo good. Everyone's good. I love it. I just hope it wont dissapoint me near the end like with what's up fox. huhuhu.

argh... I miss being obsessed with a drama. The last time was with My Girl and Goong.

PS: This thread is soo cool. I love the first page!!!

Hahaha... I knooooow... Im soo obsessed that I get mad everytime an episode ends. *lol* seriously.. Its just so addicting. :-)

his name is kim jae wook [김재욱]. (not the comedian. just same name).

he was a model for a mobile cf. (left pic). his character name is 'choon-ho' on 'dalja's spring'.

pic src: mydaily.co.kr

kim jae-wook.

born: 1983.

model.

http://www.magazinet.co.kr/Articles/articl...rticle_id=42767

OMIGOSH... YOU'RE THE BEST!!! <3 <3 haha.. thanks so much for the info! <3

hi there everyone i'm from the philippines and i'm currently watching dalja's spring on kbs world... it's only on its 3rd episode though.... and i can say that the storyline is so good... and because of this i already like lee min ki... he's acting is great.. everytime he talks wow he so handsome... i really like him... and i'm very excited to watch what will happen to dalja and tae bong...

dalja's spring is shown here in the philippines every wed and thurs at 9:00 pm... the chemistry of chae rim and lee min ki is great too... hope i can download the upcoming episodes... and i wish to know more about lee min ki...

Hey kababayan! glad to see someone from my country loves the series too!! so cool~ I hope KBS starts airing it everyday.. XD

Guest n5y17cgirl

I've forgotten how long spot translations can take. :rolleyes:

So I'll have to do this in parts... First, here are translations for pretty much the entire first 15 min. of Ep. 12 (there was not much I could really leave out! :lol:):

Spot Translations for EPISODE 12 - Part 1

Time: 1:03

DJ’s voiceover:

Sometimes, there are times when we greatly hurt someone around us… (UKJ interjects here, and then…) Not b/c that person did anything wrong, but so that we ourselves won’t get hurt. Hurting them is inevitably the only way to protect my heart from the other person… So that I won’t get hurt… to protect myself from that person.

Scene with UKJ & DJ at dinner

UKJ: Is someone chasing after you? Or is it b/c you want to hurry up and end this dinner date(time spent with me)?

DJ: No, it’s not that.

UKJ: If not, then…

DJ: [i’m the type of person who] when I have a lot to think about in my head, I start eating a lot… It’s a habit of mine.

UKJ: After all, that friend is making you worried/stressed. You said his name was Kang Tae bong, right?

DJ: No, I’m not saying that it’s b/c of him…

UKJ: To be honest, that friend also worries me(stresses me out). But I can’t stop meeting you b/c of him… Whatever your intention was today, I like being here with you, having dinner together and talking together

DJ: Are you sure it’s ok? Even though there’s a man currently living with me?

UKJ: Well, if I said I wasn’t worried, I’d probably be lying. But, as long as you continue to be honest with me as you are right now, I’ll try my best not to be worried. Of course, I’d be grateful if TB would hurry up and leave.

DJ: Since you’re being so honest with me, I’m going to be honest with you. Truthfully, there was a time when I thought of you as my fate/destiny man…

UKJ: But

DJ: From things that happened here & there, I realized the reason I was impressed with you was not b/c of you, but rather your status(what you have or what you represent). Am I hurting your feelings?

UKJ: Keep on going.

DJ: Who knows, that may still be true. How should I say this… I felt like [you’re] manly/powerful? (sorry not sure how to translate that phrase) I’m sorry, I spoke too harshly, didn’t I.

UKJ: No need for an apology. It doesn’t matter whether it’s my status (what I have) that you like, it’s the same thing as me (b/c it’s part of who I am). If that’s what you like about me, then let’s start there. What I’m saying is that the starting point (where we start from) doesn’t matter – whether it be b/c of fate, my status/possessions, or my manlihood(?) - but rather the ending point - whether you’ll end up liking me in the end.

DJ’s voiceover:

Somehow, I couldn’t help but feeling like I had become a present/a prize(?)...

UKJ: Are you sure it’s o.k./you don’t want me to take you home?

DJ: I just want to go by myself today.

UKJ: Why, is it b/c you still have a lot to think about? I like the fact that you’re intelligent/sharp-witted.

DJ: For some reason, I felt lonely. My age: 33. Had I given up on romantic love(?) at my age?

DJ sees TB heading toward the hospital and yells at the bus driver to stop the bus. She trips, fall, pretends everything’s fine. But really, she’s embarrassed to death. Oh yeah, and whoever mentioned them playing the ‘Pink Panther’ theme song – I found that hilarious, too! :-P )

DJ (to herself): Why is he here? And why in the world am I here? Oh whatevers!

continues to follow TB around the hospital

TB: Hee-yeon, how do you feel (what’s your condition like) today?

HY: What about dinner?

TB: Of course I ate before I came. You think I’d go around starving myself?

DJ’s voiceover:

And, there was that girl, with straight long hair and innocent-looking. And to top that off, she was a young 23 or 24 yr. old… lying there smiling/laughing at [whatever TB was saying to her].

TB: The doctor says things look good. Starting next week, they’ll start to _____ (sorry didn’t quite catch this part here).

HY turns and sees a woman lurking outside her hospital room.

TB: What’s wrong (what’s the matter)?

HY: Oh, I thought I saw someone looking in here.

TB goes to check outside… and of course we all know he eventually spots DJ.

*DJ-TB hospital scene*

TB: How’d you find me here?

DJ: I was passing by.

TB: You were passing by?

DJ: I was on the bus passing by, and I saw you come in here, so…

TB: Didn’t you go to have dinner with UKJ?

DJ: We ate.

TB: But he didn’t even take you home?

DJ: He wanted to, but I told him I wanted to go by myself.

TB: Why?

DJ: I just had some things to think about.

TB: Have you been living your life with thinking?

Bell *ding*

DJ: What do you mean by that?

TB: No real meaning… Just curious.

DJ (to herself): for some reason, his words had a stinging bite (like a splinter) in them.

DJ: Was that girl, HY?

TB: You saw her?

DJ: It looked like she hurt her leg.

TB: She had surgery. She got hurt when she was young, so she’s had some discomfort with her leg.

DJ: So b/c you were nursing her, was that the reason why you didn’t come home for a week last week?

TB: Well this and that.

DJ: What’s your relationship with her?

Bell *ding* #2

DJ (to herself): Oh no! I shouldn’t have asked that question…

DJ: Forget it. You don’t need to tell me. I don’t even want to know. What would I do with that kind of info? It’s o.k. Don’t say anything. I’m going to go home now. You’re not coming home again tonight, right? o.k. Take care.

TB: What is it that you’re doing with me right now? (as in like, what kind of games are you playing?)

DJ: What?

TB: It wasn’t too long ago that you got into UKJ’s car and drove away with him in front of my own eyes, so why did you come sneaking in here? And why are you asking me about what my relationship with HY is?

DJ: Why? I can’t ask you that? You ask me things about me all the time; I can’t do the same and ask you questions about you?

TB: No, you can’t. Don’t ask.

TB: I… don’t like a woman who’s caught halfway between me and another man, going back and forth wondering ‘is this one better? or is that one better?’ - I don’t enjoy that. I don’t feel like telling a woman like that details about my life. Come back when your heart is more sincere (when you’ve made up your mind). That’s when I’ll tell you everything w/o you even having to ask.

DJ: I’m the same way. I don’t like being compared to a woman younger than me at my age. I can’t stand you acting all great and self-righteous. If you don’t want to tell me, don’t. I don’t really want to know anyway. You being all mysterious? That may work on 20-year olds, but that kind of thing doesn’t work on me. So don’t get all [high & mighty w/ me(?)], you unlucky jerk!

TB walks away...

*END SCENE*

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

will do more spot translations in parts throughout the day :)

Guest simply_dream

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4099/20...12c41035ht7.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!! cant wait to watch this =D it is going to be TOTALLY AWESOME haha

here's translation/summary of a different article with a bit more info (?), regarding the "bed scene", courtesy of n5y17cgirl

LMK, bed scene with an older woman... one more time!

Following his bed scene with actress Kim Hye Soo (15 years his elder) in the movie "A Nice Day to Have An Affair", actor LMK will do another bed scene with an older woman - this time with actress Chae Rim (6 years his elder) in his current drama "Dal Ja's Spring." The two characters who are slowly falling for each other have a lover's quarrel, after which they unexpectedly end up sleeping in the same room together. Rather than having an erotic atmosphere, their bed scene is lively and cheerful.

Although LMK entrusted/left everything up to KHS during the filming of their bed scene, here however, he is the one leading CR.

Because this is CR's first bed scene, a slightly more experienced LMK must take the lead.

Dal Ja fans will be interested to know that this scene will be quite comical and will make you laugh as LMK leads a confused Dal Ja.

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_sh/20070...3E%26%3C%2Fb%3E

----------------

I wonder how ad-libbed this scene will be? =)

Also, may I know the conversation b/w Dal Ja and TB at the beginning of EP 12 in the hospital?

this is chae rim's FIRST bed scene??? SERIOUSLY? wow, out of all those years... well in this drama, altho minki's character is younger than chae rim, his mind is more mature... in ways he does thing and what he knows, so it is only right if minki takes the lead... besides i rmb reading a article about how minki says he wanna get rid of his 'dongseng' image, so... this is good =D but basically they sorta spend a night before too... in the motel XD they slept together rather closely

DALJA WILL HAVE 22 EPS =D THAT JUST MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER HAHA

Guest fashionista

I've forgotten how long spot translations can take. :rolleyes:

So I'll have to do this in parts... First, here are translations for pretty much the entire first 15 min. of Ep. 12 (there was not much I could really leave out! :lol:):

Spot Translations for EPISODE 12 - Part 1

TB: What is it that you’re doing with me right now? (as in like, what kind of games are you playing?)

TB: It wasn’t too long ago that you got into UKJ’s car and drove away with him in front of my own eyes, so why did you come sneaking in here? And why are you asking me about what my relationship with HY is?

DJ: Why? I can’t ask you that? You ask me things about me all the time; I can’t do the same and ask you questions about you?

TB: No, you can’t. Don’t ask.

TB: I… don’t like a woman who’s caught halfway between me and another man, going back and forth wondering ‘is this one better? or is that one better?’ - I don’t enjoy that. I don’t feel like telling a woman like that details about my life. Come back when your heart is more sincere (when you’ve made up your mind). That’s when I’ll tell you everything w/o you even having to ask.

DJ: I’m the same way. I don’t like being compared to a woman younger than me at my age. I can’t stand you acting all great and self-righteous. If you don’t want to tell me, don’t. I don’t really want to know anyway. You being all mysterious? That may work on 20-year olds, but that kind of thing doesn’t work on me. So don’t get all [high & mighty w/ me(?)], you unlucky jerk!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

will do more spot translations in parts throughout the day :)

thx for the translation. i can't wait to watch the ep 12 chinese subbed later on today.

from ep 11

11ws7.jpg

112xk9.jpg

113di6.jpg

114lb3.jpg

source: dc

Guest cafeaulait

I know, right? Word-for-word translations take so much longer than you'd think. I can't even imagine how professional real-time translators do it. Also, the dialogue in this drama has a special flavor and contains a lot of turns of phrases that are unusual even in Korean.

DJ: [i’m the type of person who] when I have a lot to think about in my head, I start eating a lot… It’s a habit of mine.

This is a minor point, but I think DJ actually says she eats very fast, not necessarily that she eats a lot (although we know that's true, too, but maybe that's not something she'd want to tell GJ ;))

DJ: Who knows, that may still be true. How should I say this… I felt like [you’re]manly/powerful? (sorry not sure how to translate that phrase) I’m sorry, I spoke too harshly, didn’t I.

UKJ: No need for an apology. It doesn’t matter whether it’s my status (what I have) that you like, it’s the same thing as me (b/c it’s part of who I am). If that’s what you like about me, then let’s start there. What I’m saying is that the starting point (where we start from) doesn’t matter – whether it be b/c of fate, my status/possessions, or my manlihood(?) - but rather the ending point - whether you’ll end up liking me in the end.

DJ says she's meeting GJ now as a form of insurance. GJ says treating him as insurance is OK as long as in the end she starts to like him.

DJ’s voiceover:

Somehow, I couldn’t help but feeling like I had become a present/a prize(?)...

DJ feels she has become a creature of materialism. This ties in to the "theme" of the voiceover in this episode of keeping romance alive even as you age, work in a corporate environment, or live in a materialistic world. When DJ finds out that Hong Jihee (the new bimbo show host) got her job through connections, DJ lashes out at Kang-teamjang for compromising her principles because of pressure from above. DJ thinks to herself, "What happened to the righteousness of Kang-teamjang's generation (this generation was active in protesting for democracy when South Korea had a dictatorship)?" Later, DJ talks to the company executive who demoted her and finds out that Jihee is his niece. He asked Kang-teamjang to let Jihee be a host on SJ's show for just a week (oh boy, now DJ feels stupid :)). He also tells DJ the reason she got her old job back so soon is that when Kang-teamjang was assigned to the MD team, she bowed her head and specifically requested that DJ be allowed to go with her. The flashback has Kang-teamjang saying, "If it's Oh Dalja, I think I can work with her." :) DJ goes to apologize to Kang team-jang, and Kang-teamjang says she didn't bring DJ back because she has confidence in DJ's abilities, it's because DJ is fun to tease and punish. Awww. :lol: The "keeping romance alive" theme also returns with DJ sitting with TB's arm around her on the bus after deciding she hasn't given up on romantic love and GJ becoming interested in learning about women's hearts and getting really heated up reading girls' comics. :lol:

UKJ: Why, is it b/c you still have a lot to think about? I like the fact that you’re intelligent/sharp-witted.
This confused me because it sounds darn awkward, but I think GJ says DJ is clean and refreshing.

DJ: I just had some things to think about.

TB: Have you been living your life with thinking?

Bell *ding*

DJ: What do you mean by that?

TB: No real meaning… Just curious.

DJ (to herself): for some reason, his words had a stinging bite (like a splinter) in them.

You're absolutely right, but TB was a bit meaner than that. TB: "Are you even living your life thinking?" DJ (narration): "His words were embedded with thorns." Indeed.

TB: I… don’t like a woman who’s caught halfway between me and another man, going back and forth wondering ‘is this one better? or is that one better?’ - I don’t enjoy that. I don’t feel like telling a woman like that details about my life.
I felt for TB (I mean, he was waiting in the freezing cold for her), but the crude way he talked made me want to smack him a little. He calls DJ's wavering between GJ and him "scale-weighing crap" and says a woman like that is "not a good time."

Then again, DJ can be straight-talking, too, huh. I think "high and mighty" is right. She says, "Save your lousy 'trying to look cool' act for somewhere else."

YAY Dalja has been extended to 22 episodes!!

Guest dramaok

Also, the dialogue in this drama has a special flavor and contains a lot of turns of phrases that are unusual even in Korean.

yeah. heh i thought i was the only one. but i noticed there is a heavy usage of idioms and pop phrases. which is hard for ppl who don't actually live in korea to fully understand, even if you're fluent in korean because you need the current culture background.

Guest cafeaulait

i think 송물 also means 'shallow'.. as in 'men are all song mools.. '

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: Actually, I just realized I have no idea what a songmool (or sokmool) is. I think I got the idea of "materialism" from DJ saying right before that that she thinks of GJ as insurance and DJ musing right afterward on the bus whether at age 33 thoughts about romantic love are over.

Guest javabeans

i think 송물 also means 'shallow'.. as in 'men are all song mools.. '

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: Actually, I just realized I have no idea what a songmool (or sokmool) is. I think I got the idea of "materialism" from DJ saying right before that that she thinks of GJ as insurance and DJ musing right afterward on the bus whether at age 33 thoughts about romantic love are over.

속물 means a snob, so both shallow and materialistic would fit in that description. Which makes sense since Dal Ja is admitting she liked Eom Ki Joong for his qualifications and accomplishments, rather than necessarily for himself.

Archived