[Drama 2023] Stealer: The Treasure Keeper, 스틸러: 일곱 개의 조선통보

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

“Boys Planet” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Stealer: The Treasure Keeper” And “Bo Ra! Deborah” Hold Steady

“Boys Planet” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Stealer: The Treasure Keeper” And “Bo Ra! Deborah” Hold Steady

Meanwhile, tvN’s comic action drama “Stealer: The Treasure Keeper” rose slightly to an average nationwide rating of 3.8 percent for its fourth episode,”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581608wpp/boys-planet-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-stealer-the-treasure-keeper-and-bo-ra-deborah-hold-steady

• Like 1

Stealer: The Treasure Keeper: Episodes 3-4

by mistyisles

So many rich bad guys to punish, so little time! While our vigilante thief faces down new foes and tracks down new (to him) treasures, he’s also being tracked down himself. But for what purpose, and to what end?

EPISODES 3-4

With his gun to Dae-myung’s (well, Skunk’s) head, Tae-in first confirms that Skunk didn’t kill Chairman Yang, and then demands to know his identity and intentions. Dae-myung dodges both questions and gun alike, informing Tae-in through a voice modulator that he’ll receive another “gift” tomorrow and recommending he notify the press immediately upon receipt. The gift, of course, is the manuscript Dae-myung stole from Song-chul’s secret room. As the people rejoice at the finding of such a precious piece of history, Song-chul pays the ultimate price for having lost it.

Meanwhile, Choon-ja celebrates by presenting Dae-myung with the newest iteration of his Skunk suit. Turns out, she’s led a wildly eventful life that has ultimately landed her in possession of great wealth. It’s no fun buying cultural artifacts back from the evil, undeserving collectors, though — especially not when “vigilante hacker and financier” is an option.

Confused by the surfacing of the manuscript she knows Song-chul had, Min-woo drags Dae-myung along to investigate Song-chul’s house. Dae-myung pretends to be the biggest scaredy-cat there ever was to keep her from discovering the cameras he hasn’t yet had time to retrieve.

Min-woo happens to be the first person to tell Dae-myung what name they’ve given his alter ego. He’s utterly mortified that they’ve chosen a moniker with such an unsavory connotation versus something more elegant. Like, say, a panther. (Choon-ja, inspired, promptly adds knockout gas to his suit, to be expelled from the rear end in emergencies.)

Having wrapped up the manuscript job, our heroes target the next cultural treasure in need of recovery. This one’s an ancient celadon vase, and to everyone’s consternation, its legal owner is auctioning it off. If the previous collectors were evil, this one — CHAIRMAN KIM YOUNG-SOO (Lee Deok-hwa) — is basically the devil incarnate. Remember the terrifying, pen-wielding killer, Hwin-dal? Chairman Kim took him in off the streets as a desperate teenager and raised him into the killing machine he is today, dangling his sick sister’s life in front of him to keep him obedient.

Most people don’t know that part, of course, but our Cultural Heritage unit does know that the vase belongs in a museum, not an auction. After Min-woo muses that it’d be nice if Skunk could steal it for them, Tae-in decides to let her in on his big secret: he has no intention of actually arresting Skunk. Instead, he wants to cast him. He’s always dreamed of putting together a team to do exactly what Skunk does.

What’s more, Tae-in intentionally poached Min-woo from her previous team because he wanted her for his dream team, too. Their other colleague, SHIN CHANG-HOON (Kim Jae-won), is already on board. Tae-in calls the team “Karma,” hoping to bring retribution on those who hoard the nation’s treasures for their own gain.

As a representative of the Cultural Heritage Administration, Dae-myung is tasked with attending the auction and attempting to buy the vase with what little funds the organization managed to scrape together. He spends most of the time playing his bumbling idiot act to the hilt, letting slip the exact amount of money he’s working with so his bidding rival can save back just enough to outbid him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/stealer-the-treasure-keeper-episodes-3-4/

• Like 2

Anyone watching Stealer?:cutekitty:

I joined a little late...but yes.Finally done watching 4 episodes of Stelaer.

First 2 episode seemed a little all over the place and after 2nd week I think drama already started giving us a direction where this is going. 

He is such a character though... Really loving Joo Won's numerous facial expressions. :eats:

How about @Tongtong? Have you watched all episodes yet?

@partyon, episode 4 has very little peak of abs..have you watched already?:lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 4/24/2023 at 5:51 PM, flutterby06 said:

@partyon, episode 4 has very little peak of abs..have you watched already?:lol:

Oh no, I missed it. I was so busy the last few weeks that I had to pause this drama. I will hopefully continue next week :kiss_wink:

You know I can't miss an abs scene :naughty:

• LOL 2

Lead Joo Won and Joo Woo on a YT show promoting Stealer. They played fun quiz together. 

https://youtu.be/HWP4Wlgmc40

Stills from Episode 5-

The following clips contain spoilers -

https://youtu.be/ozaaYsBYlnQ

This probably is gonna be highlight of Episode 5. But I don't think Min Woo could be able to take off the mask yet. It's too early. 

Episode 6 teaser-

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

“The Good Bad Mother” Kicks Off To Promising Start

“The Good Bad Mother” Kicks Off To Promising Start

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Stealer: The Treasure Keeper” starring Joo Won dropped slightly to an average nationwide rating of 3.638 percent for its fifth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583005wpp/the-good-bad-mother-kicks-off-to-promising-start

by Lily Alice, April 28, 2023

Stealer: The Treasure Keeper witnessed a dip in viewership numbers. The action comedy garnered an average viewership of 3.14%, its all-time lowest. Its previous episode's viewership is 3.63%. The average rating of Stealer: The Treasure Keeper for this week is 3.38%. So far, the drama has maintained a streak of 3-point ratings. Hopefully, the upcoming episodes will gradually increase the show's popularity and, subsequently, its viewership numbers. 

d027dD_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Stealer: The Treasure Keeper?

Episode 7 of Stealer: The Treasure Keeper will air on May 3 (Wednesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viu in selected regions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-good-bad-mother-rise-in-ratings-stealer-the-treasure-keeper-goes-steady

• Insightful 2

On 4/27/2023 at 1:33 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

tvN StealerTheTreasureKeeper drops new OST "Stealer" by THEBOYZ Watch their recording MV here.

On 4/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, Tongtong said:

Cool song

Totally love the OST. 

It's really fun to listen the OST with recent episode 6 clip where Skunk goes through security laser beam to retrieve a Joseon Tongbo.

The original clip:

7 hours ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

Hi, everyone! May I join the discussion? I love watching this drama. I've just finished all recent episodes.

Anyway English is not my first language so sorry for my poor English.

Hello! Good to see someone enjoying Stealer. :partyblob:

No worries about English. Just comfortably write anything you feel about the drama.

I'm enjoying Stealer too. Last 2 episodes(5,6) are particularly awesome. Now waiting to see what will happen next. 

Leaving some necessary link below -

Behind the scene (5-6)

Episode 7 teaser

Still photos

• Love 2

@DreamCatcher2011

Warmest welcome welcome! English is not my native language as well. I made some blunders when I first joined the site.. HAHA but too thick skinned to leave. What can I say - We are all here for JooWon:hwaiting2:

Wow.. just finished episode 5 & 6. Episode 5 was good. Ooh joowon can do a full yoga split! Impressive :yaaa:

Thanks for clip and ost!!! Love it more. The OST is very fitting for the show. Wasn’t that an old song by Boyz kpop group? 
Stay true, Stay JooWon:wow1:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Thanks for clip and ost!!! Love it more. The OST is very fitting for the show. Wasn’t that an old song by Boyz kpop group? 
Stay true, Stay JooWon

You're welcome.

I read recently that they have a previous song called stealer. And this song is OST newly sung by the group. Other than that no idea.

JW's split was awesome loving it. Watched it few times already. 

Btw, anyone wants to talk about favourite/fun scenes of Stealer drama so far.

I'm particularly very fond of Hwang Daemyung and Jin Aeri scenes. They are an interesting pair of workplace duo. Not in romantic way. Just  Salary Lupin Official and his nosy subordinate.. love the whole vibe.

https://youtube.com/shorts/jblh20DqRC4?feature=share

I have got a feeling that Daemyung also loves to tease her as she is always sticking in his business.

https://youtube.com/shorts/14xACR3B61M?feature=share

Other than them among the main leads' interaction I found this scene so funny because it seems Daemyung totally messed around Min Woo knowing she is following him. He needs her off of his track so he can do the next mission stealing the money from auction.

https://youtube.com/shorts/DKifp3pEiSI?feature=share

And not to mention DM acted so innocent and MW was just exasperated at the whole absurdness. I get her f

rustration.

Joo Won looked damn adorable!!

• Love 2

Stealer: The Treasure Keeper: Episodes 5-6

by mistyisles

As the treasure hunt begins, our heroes join forces to get a leg up against their greed-driven nemesis. It’s going to take teamwork, courage, stamina, charisma, and a whole bunch of hi-tech gear, but fortunately they’ve got all those things (and then some!) in spades.

EPISODES 5-6

So. Remember Chairman Kim from last week? A.K.A. the Evil Personified collector who makes even the most fearsome assassin tremble in abject terror? He gets worse. All those scars on his body are from organ transplants to prolong his life, and he gets those organs by visiting a nearby orphanage and picking “donors” (read: victims) out of a catalogue.

Growing up during the Japanese occupation, he spent his childhood eating popsicles while watching his family torture freedom fighters. As an adult, he used his position as Minister of Construction to get first pickings of the treasure from newly discovered tombs. Now, he’s gathering the seven Joseon coins because it’s believed that the treasure they point to includes a Stone of Eternal Life. (At least if he gets it, he might stop stealing kids’ organs?)

The good news is that our heroes know he’s up to no good. Tae-in makes a personal visit just to press as many annoying buttons as possible: calling attention to the guards’ bruises (from their fight with Skunk), accusing Chairman Kim of hiding contraband, jabbing at his deeply buried trauma from when Korea gained independence and his family were booted from their positions of power, and the like. The point is to provoke Chairman Kim to act so they can react, and it works a little too well — but more on that later.

When the team meets up with Skunk late at night, Dae-myung takes his time pretending to think their offer over before agreeing to team up — on the condition that they go after his personal target, Mugunghwa Foundation, after they finish recovering the artifacts on their list. According to Tae-in, this foundation is linked to Chairman Kim’s old grave-robbing racket, and I’m willing to bet it’s also related to the stormy night Dae-myung came home to find his parents gruesomely murdered.

The team’s first task is to locate slippery artifact thief Dr. Go and convince him to hand over the coin he took from those two orphan kids. Tae-in tracks down two of Dr. Go’s former lackeys just after they scam an elderly couple out of their home… only to realize the couple was Dr. Go himself and his ex, Vivian, scamming the scammers right back.

Thanks to some background work and empathy on Min-woo’s part, Vivian then double-crosses Dr. Go, delivering him right into Min-woo’s hands. He doesn’t try to fight his way out, being too impressed at having finally been caught (and taking a very odd but noticeable interest in Min-woo).

Dae-myung happens to be along for the ride, having dropped by the station to deliver specially engineered phones from Choon-ja to the new team. These phones are equipped with tracking devices, of course, which becomes immediately useful when Min-woo is stalked and kidnapped by Chairman Kim’s men.

Lee Joo-woo in Stealer: The Treasure Keeper: Episodes 5-6

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/stealer-the-treasure-keeper-episodes-5-6/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 4/29/2023 at 9:49 PM, flutterby06 said:

I'm particularly very fond of Hwang Daemyung and Jin Aeri scenes. They are an interesting pair of workplace duo.

Me too! They are super cute. I personally like their interactions as compared to JW with the fl ( minwoo). The fl seemed better off with the karma team lead. :doggie:
I like the part where JW was teasing the fl and said ‘daebak daebak’ or something like that.. haha I think it was on episode 2… Charming and cute.. 

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

“The Good Bad Mother” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

“The Good Bad Mother” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, the latest episode of tvN’s “Stealer: The Treasure Keeper” dipped again to an average nationwide rating of 2.4 percent from its previous episode’s rating of 3.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584656wpp/the-good-bad-mother-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet