[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

34 minutes ago, maribella said:

Overall an 8/10 for me. The characterisation could improve much. The storyline was solid - with a lot of cliches but why not, this is not Joyce or Pinter- but much of the middle was draggy, especially CEO Jung's detention and SD's looming death. The characters' final places are good overall.

I am surprised you still give it an 8/10 :rubchin: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Newbie21SG said:

I am surprised you still give it an 8/10

It's relative. The Red Balloon was a 4/10, witch's game is below c level, still showing.

I find VotB enjoyable in many parts. The tipping point is the FL who is cool &  smart when dealing with KBS. The FLs of the other shows ... 

Give Up No GIF by Amanda Cee Media

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Ugh. I knew the ending would be disappointing.

KBS didn't feel any guilt about killing an entire family (or so he thought), but now he is haunted by SD? What a joke. 

The Revenge 6/10 - BR/SY was a terrible main character. I felt like she never did anything herself. Everyone around her was doing all the work and then she just gloated like she was the one behind it all. I just couldn't bring myself to care about her. I feel like the drama sacrificed good characters to prop her up, and it just dragged the drama for me. 

BD's punishment was kind of stupid, and him still going with the fake marriage even after KBS was caught made SD seem like a jerk. I don't know if we were supposed to be like "heheheh he tricked an emotionally unstable woman into thinking he loved her" but it was uncomfortable to watch for me. Her behaviour was because she was neglected as a child. They never really talk about that. It's hard to accept that the mom is forgiven, when her clear favoritism of BR caused BD to act the way she does. 

The Characters 6/10 - They had so much potential and just really dropped the ball. TP was the most interesting character for me, and at times I felt like the writers brushed over his trauma to make it seem like BR/SY was suffering more than him. It made me uncomfortable. I expected there to be another fire as part of the big crisis at the end... but for some reason, they went with poison gas and for me it was a flop. It was a missed opportunity to bring up TP's past trauma and connect it to the drama's opening scenes. 

KBS and his over-the-top acting was fun at first and then I just got sick of him. He wasn't scary. He was incompetent and was only a threat because of his money. 

The side characters added nothing to the story. The ddukbokki and chicken restaurants were there for PPL, and added nothing to the plot. They could have removed them entirely and the drama would have been the exact same. 

The Romance 5/10- SD and his love for BR was done terribly. They made their relationship seem almost forced and one-sided until he "died" and then suddenly she was super in love with him. The only good thing that came out of it was her temporary rage. It was the only time I was even a little interested in her character. 

TP deserved so much more than BR/SY. 

Overall ... 6.5/10 because it was draggy, the revenge and romance were terribly done, and the only character I cared about was TP.

As they say to each his own. 

I never expected high level of acting or storyline from 100 parts or more shows, dailies are meant to be Korean soap operas from the looks of the dailies I've seen. It's entertainment and this one was entertaining at most times.

Anyway, I forgot the replacement is woman in a veil/secret woman. 
Is everyone coming back for more of a brain churning show? :joy:

I have ear plugs ready in case the screaming woman is back screaming. 
I am quite sure she will be scheming.

See ya all.

Details

Network: KBS

Episodes: 101

Genre: romance, drama, revenge

Airdate: march 14th 2023

Airtime: 7:50 - 8:30 KST

Directed by Shin Chang Seok

Written by Lee Jeong Dae

oficial page:

• Like 6

This was my first daily and overall I enjoyed it, though I wish more had happened in the overall story. For me, it would have been nice if the revenge/climax had taken place and finished up a few episodes earlier, and we could have seen more of TP, BR, and the rest live out their lives for longer in a couple more episodes rather than in the last 10 minutes of the series.

But - it was satisfying to see Im Soon and grandma redeem themselves and apologize, and see Ba Ram ascend to everything that was hers (inheriting Le Blanc and continued good relationship with her real mom). Ba Da being confined to a psych hospital was a surprise - I'm not sure what I was expecting with her but sitting in a hospital gown and drawing portraits of SD wasn't it. :lol:

I became more impressed with the acting of SD and TP as the series went on. And Ba Ram crying in almost every episode was also impressive. I don't know how actors do it.

I won't be able to join you all for the next daily (it's just too many episodes for me :D) but hope you all enjoy! :)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

okay, I totally loved monk getting his revenge on bada. it was rather amusing to watch. I thought he would cave and be nice and say "oh I liked a you a little." nope, he was the true bride of vengenance and kept to his vow. no falling in love with enemies or feeling sorry for those family members who you once knew. nothing. he was clear about the role she played in his stabbing and that she was the daughter of the man who killed his father. in the end, he was the true revenge heroine. :lol:

so bcause of monk, give this drama a 5 for average. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Kdramas never fail to amaze me. You'd think they'd rushed to the police with the evidence against KBS, but no. First things first: get him kicked out of Le Blanc. Then he goes home like usual. :hahah!: 

KBD next. The judge is the one who can send her off to an asylum after determining that she is insane. BR or she herself cannot not check her into an asylum and avoid jail time. :lol:

With all these hilarious things going on, how could any one not be entertained? 
:Megalol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I didn't talk much here but I'm gonna be honest, I definitely enjoyed it. It dragged a lot in the middle, but the plot, the acting, and the characters were pretty great. I liked BR and TP (he was very enjoyable, So Ji-Sub did a great job playing him.) I ended up pitying SD after hating him for a while. I'm glad BR and TP got together at the end, I assumed it'd be open-ended. The outfits were nice. Soon-Young and her little family were adorable! Especially her daughter. IS was definitely a victim of KBS. She's getting better and I wish I could see her heal more. Don't care about KBS' mom, she's the worst. I'm happy that BD and KBS got their punishment. I feel like the revenge was well-achieved, but it definitely had a little more potential.

My rating: 7/10. Not the best daily ever, you could rewatch it once and that's it.

I'll watch the next daily, Woman In A Veil. See you there!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Drama 2022] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

This whole drama was forgettable. I couldn't even remember if I watched the finale because it felt over months ago. 

Overall, I guess Baram as FL acted rationally but slow? It would've made sense if it played real-time but this is a drama so chop, chop lady we're on a ticking clock. I don't think she was bad - maybe a little cheap considering her resources? Sure she did cry a lot but that didn't make her act impulsively like a Gemma. She must've been at least average bc I can't remember yelling at her much (minus her poor plan to rescue her mom from a wall that lasted a month why?). I enjoyed how Taepoong was supportive and protective of Baram in a way that it didn't cuckblock the revenge plan (ahem like someone else). I never understood how Baram's first love was Sandeul and not this guy minus the sibling fiasco. This man is willing to betray his family and bring them to financial ruins for you - put a ring on that.

Baeksan was the ultimate stingy donkey cheapo. I can excuse everyone else but this man (+ slightly Yoonhee). They're supposed to be CEOs. This rat is rich enough to afford slaves to do his dirty work for him but he cannot trust anyone to do it for him. He always resorts to hiring third-rate goons to do the simple kidnapping tasks for him and is handsy to do the finishing touches.

Bada was batsheet delusional. Yes - I had to remind myself many times that she was not the main antagonist, just his inconvenient offspring that provided nothing to the platter. I pitied her desperate pleas of approval from her father and connected with her being a victim of child favouritism. However, I lost brain cells  everytime she muttered about Sandeul's fictional love for her and being the rightful owner of Leblanc. That man initiated a kiss once + alone on his own will. How could you not see that? This woman couldn't be saved and thus I gave up. She continually let her victimization get in the way of improving her skillsets and never proved her worthiness to the throne & cheated her way to the finish line with daddy's help.

The only approval I had for Sandeul was when he revealed to Bada he never loved her. Now that 1 minute of finale Sandeul had more personality than the wet mop I've been watching all season. I must confess - he was quite attractive for that moment, I was mildly swayed.

I know that ending kiss was awkward af but victory goes to the sailing of the Baram and Taepoong ship. And props to the writers for not writing Joyi into some lovesick evil stepsister (though ngl felt that her mom pushed her aside for bio daughter after the DNA reveal). P.S. Bada's drawing of Sandeul was traumatizing. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, tofumochu said:

The only approval I had for Sandeul was when he revealed to Bada he never loved her. Now that 1 minute of finale Sandeul had more personality than the wet mop I've been watching all season. I must confess - he was quite attractive for that moment, I was mildly swayed.

That was definitely one of the best moments of the entire show. :lol:

• LOL 4

I can't see how SD or  TP is a better match for BR. She should remain single.

She's quick on the uptake. Whenever BS caught her, she manages to evade him. There is finesse.  I think Miss M was of a similar mould until the last few episodes when it turned preachy.  

I think the funniest moment was BS' face in court. He reminded me of the late night show movies on Al Capone. 
Too bad @Ameera Ali did not make a gif of it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

EVENT: In a drama slump? Like sparkly tracksuits? Want to watch a classic "Cinderella" drama? Welcome to the Secret Garden group re-watch

Like Binnie, you could say "why not?

531e515993972e2a49ee7079dd1d698a.gif

You will find the re-watch thread here:

Your Event Organizers

PS. THIS DRAMA FINALLY ENDED? :yay:

• LOL 2

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST