[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

2 hours ago, maribella said:

@backstreetboysfan is the next called the secret woman?

I am having reservations about it. I noticed that the alternate title is Woman in veil. :loolz: Is it going to resemble A man in a veil?  @Lmangla are you doing any sleuthing on this coming show? Maybe more abs for connoiseurs?

I only saw the trailer and noticed the teacup lady from man in the veil is there. for taht alone, am willing to check it out. looking back, man in veil was hysterical till the end and was really entertaining.

this drama has gone off the rails. am still waiting for the 'revenge' which never seems to happen. I don't even get the point of the fauxcest here and how it serves any revenge since everyone knows who is who.  what is stranger still is that everyone including taepoong calls her by the name she had as his sister and member of the kang family -- and that is supposed to be romantic?  :blink: my mind just zapps at this circle of logic. 

Quarantine Life Facepalm GIF | GIFDB.com

• LOL 4

38 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

only saw the trailer and noticed the teacup lady from man in the veil is there. for taht alone, am willing to check it out. looking back, man in veil was hysterical till the end and was really entertaining.

:rolleyes: In that case  I'll check out Ep 1 since there is an old character from MIV. But I hope there won't be an otoke character.

It's coming to a head. BR had a show down with KBS. 
I thought the grandma was cute and funny since she became senile. The others are the same.

I have not watched tonight's episode.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I'm so far behind! Still only on episode 86 or so. Hoping to catch up during this week so I can be present with you all for the finale episodes :).

I had been wondering where halmeoni went, but I was glad to see in the preview for the next episode that someone saw her in the basement bedroom.

• Like 4

BR used to be smart and careful. Now they are trying show the many times that TP had rescued her so naturally she'll love him, then she's been doing everything stupid. Met  him for lunch and TP just stopped a stabbing ( my guess) got caught by the DNA test snd tonight went to meet KBS alone. 
TP forced her to return to CEO Jung's house. 

Why call it a revenge? I think I am going to hate the ending - something tells me.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, maribella said:

Why call it a revenge? I think I am going to hate the ending - something tells me.

This drama has bland ending written all over it :sweat_smile:

It's sad that SY/BR is supposed to be the main character, but she's so dull. The only time I've really liked her was when she rage-married TP LOL. I don't see SY/BR as really doing anything except working on her skin cream. Her revenge is so predictable and average that I'm really struggling to care about her.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm only still watching this because of TP. There is a lot more to his character than SY/BR, and they keep hinting at it but never really go the distance. I wish daily drama writers would put a little more effort in. These dramas have big casts and they NEVER use them. Give the side characters more to do and then maybe it wouldn't drag so much.

Well, I promised myself to  stay in a corner, silently and waited for a developing plot...but nothing! Only basement, hospital, and neverending crime bla, bla, bla = the writer procrastinates the fabula...but why?

1. business, the money for cast  - it is the only, justified option. The plot is absolutely childish, naive, not worth to watch/observe. On the other side, the drama could earn piles of money ...well, the writer  chose "the triumph of form over content"...so sad and...it's a pity, because of the cast.

18 hours ago, maribella said:

I noticed that the alternate title is Woman in veil.

...the next project will be  " A veil in a woman" or "A veil in the man" ... = 0 creativity!

2 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

This drama has bland ending written all over it 

I AGREE! The last episodes show who works till the end - I mean actors, actresses. The script is ruined - nothing to say! Ji Sub creates Tae Poong, HE IS ALMOST TAE POONG - in each aspects, he shows his different, wide range of emotions, act with all his body and comparing with the rest.... it is seen, the cast is tired and continue the wooden acting. The main couple is divided, means the romantic centre of drama is collapsed. Ha Na can't create Ba Ram without Tae Poong, she is faded by SD's side.

By the way, what the writer wants to say:

1. you can kill, murder, prison your family, catch the authorities in your hands and...nothing?

2. it is better to be hungry for revenge and it is over love?...what about after the vengeance? - EMPTINESS, ABYSS...and what? You should follow the conceptione of the woman who makes mistakes by mistakes and use other hands? Does it work?

3."The Count of Monte Christo" by A. Dumas - it is the perfect vengeance - this drama only show a rising star - Ji Sub. Yes, he is only one winner and I believe, the directors, scriptwriters will notice it and change the now, boring, overfed drama filiming. Time to wake up, to use the fresh point of view, not the schemes over and over again = illogical or copied ideas.

• Insightful 2

3 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

This drama has bland ending written all over it 

Forgiveness all round? Ptui.

If you had watched Red Balloon, the ending is so contrived. It's all honky dory at the end. :rage: The adulterers are ok, everyone's ok? Not the viewers.

1 hour ago, PetraVe said:

Count of Monte Christo" by A. Dumas - it is the perfect vengeance - this

There was a Miss MonteCristo series, many of the revenge crowd watched it. 

The need to pontificate overules the original story at the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

There was a Miss Monte Cristo series, many of the revenge crowd watched it.

Yes, it was , with wonderful  So Yeon's  and Yeo Jin's acting! ... but I mean. the plot and creating the intricate intrigue together with the specatculous revenge.

Being not "a habitual k-drama watcher" :heart4:- whatever it means - I know only one perfect vengeance drama - "Woman of 9.9 billion" = the masterpiece of tangled facts and events that you can't believe in such a surprising ending.

By the way - this is the writer Song Jung Rim  :smile:

• Like 1

I've watched 60 episodes and I'm done. The characters are SO over the top that at first I just found them laughable. I was truly disappointed with actress Oh Seung Ah playing the same exact type of character she played in The Second Husband.

Edited by damiendada