[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

11 hours ago, marrez1 said:

just for 10 years and 20 years passed since they see each other

Still he thinks of her as his little sister who makes him happy that they share the same blood - hers being pure.  
How is he going to change that 20 years' old feeling to something romantic in a few days or in a few months when he finds out they are unrelated?  

Living together for 10 years as siblings, he would have seen her in her napkin, taking the first step, the first word ..... as  siblings.

Eeww, .... now they are going to be lovers.

I am glad they had made Kang into a so evil man that he was not the one to fall in love with BR 20 years later, like the food drama.

I Love Lucy Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

wink grandma giving ideas for a new type of drama genre -- horror makjang.

plot: the ghost of the past inhabits a rich CEO in order to exact vengenance.

wah! who would watch that? (provided the ghost makeup isn't too scary? :lol:)

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

On 11/4/2022 at 3:04 AM, Thong Thin said:

Ba Ram's mom seems to have amenesia & did not recognised Kang Baek Sang.

Hopefully, we get to know futher details if the amenesia is fake or not.

Ever since Tae Phong was a child, he has never like his father for some reasons. Even after he came back from US, he was forced to do things which he dislikes, example going to a blind date  & forced to work at his father's company.

Next episode TP found Soon Young and I dont think she will reveal to TP that Ba Ram is alive.

Ba Da is the split image of her father, arrogant & snobbish. I dislike her.

She will go all out doing evil deeds in order to get what she wants.  

@Thong ThinI believe yes Ba Ram's mom developed amnesia & who wldve thought she'll re-emerged in this drama in spite of what she'd been through in the hands of Tae Poong's evil father? I admire TP ever since they were younger and he was so supportive of BR unlike that evil sister of his who's just a carbon copy of her father! I watched the latest ep and oh boy TP was just relentless in finding out what happened to BR! Yes I've seen that ep with SY & TP and I'll let u watch first as I don't wanna be a spoiler here :)

• Like 7

I think Baram’s mom is faking the amnesia.

Ba Da is very good as the company madam. She knows how to talk to the other ladies, pick food and drinks, and flatter her mom at the same time. Maybe she should go with what she can do. 

in Soin , urge, I hate her each episode. Who says about a child, either she dies or I die? And she was abusive from the beginning with Ba Da, and she was abusive to Baram who she supposedly loved so much, and she still thinks it’s okay Baram died because she is a selfish, stupid person. And she continues to abuse Ba Da, so we have a tiresome Ba Da, who frankly, is the product of her parents’ abuse and neglect. 

• Like 7

This serial is definitely moving at a very fast pace, unlike other daily drama for sure and I like it a lot!

Secrets after secrets began to be revealed and I am pretty sure in today's episode, Ba Ram will reveal herself before Tae Poong (from the preview). That will make things interesting as she is trying to find out who was ordering Ma De Geun to kill her 20 years ago. That was also part of the bigger reason of why she choose to work at Le Blanc and befriend Im Soon (and the grandmother). 

MDG is definitely going to create problems for both Soon Young and BR (should we call her this or her new name instead?) and the cliffhanger of Episode 19 shows SY hiding from Ma.

Meanwhile, Yoon Hee (or should we call her by the new name too, Jung Moo Yeon?) doesn't look like she remember anything from the past (including the document on Japanese rowan that she got from her house, before she escaped in Episode 1). How did she get amnesia and all that are not yet revealed.

As Kang Baek San begins to accept that JMY is not YH, his mom is beginning to get more and more paranoid and who knows what she will do next, especially as she had bumped into JMY already.

On a side note: the PPL of Kohonjin is getting a bit too much now :facepalm: 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

in Soin , urge, I hate her each episode. Who says about a child, either she dies or I die? And she was abusive from the beginning with Ba Da, and she was abusive to Baram who she supposedly loved so much, and she still thinks it’s okay Baram died because she is a selfish, stupid person.

Her actions in the beginning were atrocious to Ba Ram. I just hope she doesn't become episode filler as a raging drunk. I'd like to see a redemption arc for her at least to realize her rage in the past was misdirected, and in the end have her help Ba Ram to take down her evil step father.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Her actions in the beginning were atrocious to Ba Ram. I just hope she doesn't become episode filler as a raging drunk. I'd like to see a redemption arc for her at least to realize her rage in the past was misdirected, and in the end have her help Ba Ram to take down her evil step father.

am not expecting her to change in any way. she is very much in love with kang appa to the point that she will not leave him even though she is horrified by his actions. instead, she just drinks away the guilt and tries to live a rich life. to help baram would be to address her guilt but she has been running away her whole life and blaming baram instead. would she really change? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am not expecting her to change in any way. she is very much in love with kang appa to the point that she will not leave him even though she is horrified by his actions. instead, she just drinks away the guilt and tries to live a rich life. to help baram would be to address her guilt but she has been running away her whole life and blaming baram instead. would she really change? 

I like her. It's been a while since I like a character in the dailies. She's gauche and unschooled, being regularly put down by husband and the society ladies but gets up, ready to mingle. She yells back at her mother-in-law all the time. I don't believe we get to see this much.

Her treatment of BD maybe one of those cause-consequence cycle but also something inherited - BD's bad nature. Usually something sappy will happen at the end, she and BR will reconcile because despite her outbursts she has a good heart. However, since BR's birth mum is very much alive, it may not be an important scene.

• Like 6

On 11/8/2022 at 7:56 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

How does BR not reveal herself to TP after that heartbreaking display?  He is still obviously devoted to her, how could she not end his suffering in that moment?

Seriously. That was hard to watch. The show had her give a throwaway reason for not telling TP (that she wanted to continue her investigation without anyone in the family knowing), but he's been thinking about her and feeling guilty for so long, and she didn't say a word. :tears:

23 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

On a side note: the PPL of Kohonjin is getting a bit too much now

Seriously! :wacko:

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I like her. It's been a while since I like a character in the dailies. She's gauche and unschooled, being regularly put down by husband and the society ladies but gets up, ready to mingle. She yells back at her mother-in-law all the time. I don't believe we get to see this much.

Oh my goodness she is the best. I hated the things she said to Ba Ram when she discovered BR was not her biological child, but the way the show has her suffering and trying so hard now is well done and colorful. She's earnest for sure.

That hair fight the three fancy ladies had was hilarious.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

That hair fight the three fancy ladies had was hilarious.

LOL, they reconcile and their hair were messy.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:56 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

How does BR not reveal herself to TP after that heartbreaking display?  He is still obviously devoted to her, how could she not end his suffering in that moment?

That was a heartwrenching scenes, her heart must have ached so much so that she did

not realised tears were flowing down.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Episode 20

Wow, it's already 1/5 of the show now at Episode 20 and this isn't just a typical daily drama (at least so far!). Credit to KBS2 for the characters in this serial.

Park Ha Na definitely excels as Kang Ba Ram/Eun Seo Yeon. She is a feisty lady, not afraid to mess with Ma Dae Geun and ultimately Kang Baek San. I like her character a lot! She is similar to Oh In Kyung in "Little Women". The surprises and twists that keep on happening in this serial also rival those in high-level makjang serials! Who would have thought that Soon Young will be asked to appear at the Kang's residence to confront MDG at the end of the episode?

The way Tae Poong, Seo Yeon and San Deul collaborate to bring down MDG (and protect Soon Young) is also exciting and tense. That's what I want from a daily drama, full of tension and intense moments.

I agree with @maribellathat Im Soon is a likeable character. She provides the comedic moments and so far, her actions suggest that she regretted sending Ba Ram away 20 years ago! 

So far so good for the serial and if this keeps up for the next 80 episodes, it will be the best daily drama I have watched for the past 1 year or so.

It will definitely be missed during the World Cup hiatus (just like Love, Twist earlier this year) though!

On 11/9/2022 at 7:13 AM, kboramint said:

Do you guys think that TP will start a relationship with "Seo-Yeon"  knowing that she is Ba-Ram or will he find out after they get married?

TP still believes that he and Ba-Ram are half siblings. 

He will eventually ends up marrying her right? I think eventually Ba Ram will end up with him.

San Deul may die though...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Newbie21SG said:

He will eventually ends up marrying her right? I think eventually Ba Ram will end up with him.

Yeah, just like what the title of this drama says. At some point in the drama, Bo Ram is going to find out that her step-dad killed her real dad and she's going to create a plan to get married into the family and take over the company. 

Typical daily drama plot. 

• Like 5