[Drama 2023] Strong Girl Nam-Soon/Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon, 힘쎈여자 강남순

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

“My Dearest” Part 2 Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Arthdal Chronicles 2” Falls Ahead Of Finale

“My Dearest” Part 2 Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Arthdal Chronicles 2” Falls Ahead Of Finale

Meanwhile, viewership ratings for JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” fell for the first time since its premiere last night, though it still managed to take first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The latest episode of the spin-off drama scored an average nationwide rating of 7.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621184wpp/my-dearest-part-2-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-arthdal-chronicles-2-falls-ahead-of-finale

• Like 3

I didn't really liked the original Strong Girl, but I'm really liking this spin off.

The first 5 episodes are quite fast paced with many funny moments. My favorite so far is the grandma flirting with the barista.

I reckon the Doogo CEO's strength is coming from the synthetic drug, and the fake daughter will also somehow get a hold of this drug.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 6*! :).

“Arthdal Chronicles 2” Ends On Ratings Rise + “Strong Girl Namsoon” Climbs Back Up

“Arthdal Chronicles 2” Ends On Ratings Rise + “Strong Girl Namsoon” Climbs Back Up

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” climbed back up to an average nationwide rating of 8.1 percent for its latest episode, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621371wpp/arthdal-chronicles-2-ends-on-ratings-rise-strong-girl-namsoon-climbs-back-up

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, October 22, 2023
7 14

The JTBC crime-comedy Strong Girl Namsoon scored an average nationwide viewership of 7.27% for episode 5, dropping significantly from its previous episode's rating of 9.76%. Despite the domestic viewership dwindling, the K-drama garnered 4.4 million views on Netflix for the second week of October and went from being the fifth to the third most-watched show (non-English). As of October 15, the series has 15.8 million viewed hours on the OTT platform.  

Z807xW_2f.jpg

When and where to watch the K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon?

Episode 6 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on October 22 (Sunday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/strong-girl-namsoon-ranks-on-netflix-s-top-10-list-arthdal-chronicles-hits-low

• Like 3

JTBC's Strong Girl Namsoon scored 8.09% for episode 6, a decent improvement from its previous rating of 7.27%. Considering its course so far, the K-drama will hit double-digit ratings soon. 

eYvgr8_2f.png

Episode 7 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on October 28 (Saturday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/evilive-struggles-to-improve-ratings-arthdal-chronicles-concludes-with-decent-viewership

• Like 3

Strong Girl Nam-soon: Episodes 5-6

by mistyisles

The plot thickens! As our heroes continue their investigations and forge new alliances, so do their enemies. With multiple (figurative) ticking time bombs at play, it won’t be long before something — or someone — explodes.

EPISODES 5-6

Nam-soon and Hee-shik sneak into the Doogo warehouse after hours. While Nam-soon zips about looking for the mask-shaped drugs, Hee-shik spends most of the time gawking appreciatively at her powers. As their allotted time runs out, Nam-soon loses her balance and falls into Hee-shik’s arms, accidentally taking him to the ground with the force of her momentum. To make up for it, she carries him back to the truck (which spares his sore hip, but doesn’t exactly soothe his ego).

Unfortunately, the masks they swiped for testing are just that — ordinary facemasks. Hee-shik gets pulled off the Doogo investigation, leaving Nam-soon to keep looking on her own (but don’t worry, she phones in her formerly homeless friends to help, and together they retrieve more potentially drug-composed items and dump them outside the police station).

Of course, it’s only a matter of time before Nam-soon runs into 1) Hwa-ja, whom Nam-soon informs that she and her mother are more than willing to forgive — but only once — and 2) Shi-on, who seems to be testing that new super drug himself. It grants him brief bouts of superstrength (and grotesquely pronounced veins), but it’s also lethal if you don’t have an antidote made from the blood of a specific sea creature.

Shi-on, of course, has this antidote. But it’s hard to come by, and he’s not the sharing type, so things are looking really bad for Hee-shik’s boss, HA DONG-SEOK (Jung Seung-gil). All Dong-seok did was touch a tiny bit of the drug powder to his tongue, but this is The Most Powerful Drug Ever Made, so that’s all it takes. It does, however, take longer to affect him than the other victims who are currently dropping like flies.

Eventually, Dong-seok collapses. But he forbids Hee-shik to take him to the hospital, knowing that if word gets out he knowingly sampled an illicit drug, his career is over. So Hee-shik takes him home, and has to handcuff him to the bed (no, not like that) to keep him from drinking water, which activates and amplifies the drug’s effects. The problem, of course, is the superstrength part — Dong-seok breaks free and attacks Hee-shik, completely out of his mind.

Despite being throttled, Hee-shik makes the conscious choice not to try reaching for the kitchen knife lying close by. Thus, the only reason Hee-shik survives the encounter is because Nam-soon happens to stop by with steamed buns and leaps to the rescue. Hee-shik begs her not to harm Dong-seok, so she pins (more like bolts) him to the floor with a chair, and they secure his arms and legs. Dong-seok eventually comes back to himself, and when Hee-shik returns to work, he makes sure to cut off all water sources in the house… except the toilet (oh noooo).

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/strong-girl-nam-soon-episodes-5-6/

• Like 3

7 K-Drama Villains We Love To Hate And Hate To Love

Oct 26, 2023

Crafty and calculating with a rakish charm that hides their dangerous motives—who fits this description? None other than those dashingly debonair villains of K-drama who are menacing, unpredictable, and oh so ruthless that you would not want to run into them ever. But their treacherous ways and roguish flamboyance definitely make an impact. Here are K-drama’s seven bad boys whom you will love to hate and hate to love.

Byun Woo Seok in “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Byun-Woo-Seok-1.jpeg

On the surface, he is a man who has built his fortune by creating DOOGO, a sales and distribution company. But Ryu Shi Oh (Byun Woo Seok) is not only the super brain behind DOOGOCOIN, streamlining coin-based transactions, but he is also a devious drug lord who is the largest supplier of drugs—especially synthetic drugs—in the country. His scheming ways are well camouflaged by his schoolboy looks and fake earnestness. But the man is hungry for power, and there is no end to his greed.

Byun Wook Seok is sharp as Shi Oh, playing the deadly trafficker. And though the series is just getting started, he adds another feather to his growing filmography.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620841wpp/7-k-drama-villains-we-love-to-hate-and-hate-to-love

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Yoo Mi And Ong Seong Wu Share A Sweet Moment At Chaotic Family Party In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Lee Yoo Mi And Ong Seong Wu Share A Sweet Moment At Chaotic Family Party In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Get ready for utter chaos at a glitzy family party in JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon”!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Gang Nam Soon (Lee Yoo Mi) and Gang Hee Shik (Ong Seong Wu) share a sweet moment at her family’s party. Despite having gotten off on the wrong foot, it’s clear that the dynamic between the pair is changing: dressed up and smiling sweetly at one another, the investigative duo looks every bit like a true couple.

Lee-Yoo-Mi-Ong-Seong-Wu-2.jpg

However, not all goes well at the party—after Hwang Geum Joo (Kim Jung Eun) kicks things off by making a toast, someone makes an explosive remark that throws Gil Joong Gan (Kim Hae Sook) into a rage.

The next set of photos show Gang Bong Go (Lee Seung Joon) frozen in shock and Hwang Geum Dong (Kim Ki Doo) sobbing, piquing curiosity as to what could have been said to cause such a scene.

Kim-Jung-Eun.jpgKim-Hae-Sook-1.jpg

Spoiler

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-7.jpgStrong-Girl-Namsoon-2-1.jpg

Meanwhile, guests Gang Hee Shik and Seo Joon Hee (Jung Bo Suk) are visibly startled as they watch the chaos unfold before their eyes.

Spoiler

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-3-1.jpg

The producers of “Strong Girl Namsoon” teased, “[The episode] will deliver big laughs through a parade of explosive remarks that shakes up Gang Nam Soon’s family. Please look forward to seeing this grandmother, mother, and daughter passionately go after both villains and love.”

To find out what unfolds at Gang Nam Soon’s family party, catch the next episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon” on October 28 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622653wpp/lee-yoo-mi-and-ong-seong-wu-share-a-sweet-moment-at-chaotic-family-party-in-strong-girl-namsoon

• Like 1

This one is fun. :) I really liked the main couple from the original drama, but I didn't care for a lot of other elements of it. I'm really enjoying this spinoff, though! The story seems to hold together more cohesively for me or something. Loved seeing the cameo, though! And the leads in this one are so cute. I just really like the characters--she's so cheerful and positive and clueless, and he's so pure and innocent (but smart). If I was going to invite a Kdrama couple over for dinner, I'd invite them. I'd secretly find them adorable together, and at the same time, they wouldn't just be in their own little world, but they'd be interactive and fun to talk to. Just nice character creation there! 

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

“Castaway Diva” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “My Dearest” Part 2 Hits New All-Time High

“Castaway Diva” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “My Dearest” Part 2 Hits New All-Time High

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” dipped slightly to an average nationwide rating of 8.4 percent, though it still took first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622731wpp/castaway-diva-premieres-to-promising-ratings-my-dearest-part-2-hits-new-all-time-high

• Like 1

SPOILERS

We do not know how the drug will affect her brother besides his seeing and perceiving what is not actually in front of him while eating.  I believe the male offsprings received gifts too from their matriarchs, but overlooked by their mothers as insignificant focusing on the daughters.

Namsoon's getup as a ghoul and then a the MIP spinoff was hilarious until she jumped, with what looked like a iMac, out of the window.  How many can do that I wonder?  Hm.  Ryu Shi Oh is like a man obsessed with brute strength like the Russian guard on steroids....NS got him to laugh during the karaoke car ride, which was kind of cool as we see that he sort of relaxed.  He is so uptight and rigid but she makes him relax. 

NS's mom and grandmother are taking over the spotlight as veterans.  :) Daddy's home.

• Like 2

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” maintained its position at No. 2 on the drama list, and its cast also claimed three spots on this week’s actor list: Lee Yoo Mi came in at No. 4, Kim Jung Eun at No. 5, and Kim Hae Sook at No. 7.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. MBC “My Dearest” Part 2
  2. JTBC “Strong Girl Namsoon”
  3. tvN “Twinkling Watermelon”
  4. SBS “The Escape of the Seven”
  5. tvN “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun”
  6. MBC “A Good Day to Be a Dog”
  7. ENA “The Kidnapping Day”
  8. tvN “Castaway Diva”
  9. ENA “Evilive”
  10. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Ahn Eun Jin (“My Dearest” Part 2) 
  2. Namgoong Min (“My Dearest” Part 2)
  3. Suzy (“Doona!”)
  4. Lee Yoo Mi (“Strong Girl Namsoon”)
  5. Kim Jung Eun (“Strong Girl Namsoon”)
  6. Yang Se Jong (“Doona!”)
  7. Kim Hae Sook (“Strong Girl Namsoon”)
  8. Lee Chung Ah (“My Dearest” Part 2)
  9. Ryeoun (“Twinkling Watermelon”)
  10. Choi Hyun Wook (“Twinkling Watermelon”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622930wpp/my-dearest-and-its-stars-continue-reign-over-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-2

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

“Castaway Diva” Ratings Rise Sharply For 2nd Episode

“Castaway Diva” Ratings Rise Sharply For 2nd Episode

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” wrapped up the first half of its run on an average nationwide rating of 8.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622966wpp/castaway-diva-ratings-rise-sharply-for-2nd-episode

• Like 1

The JTBC crime-comedy Strong Girl Namsoon scored a nationwide rating of 7.34% for episode 7, dropping low from its previous episode's viewership of 8.09%. Nonetheless, the K-drama continues to trend on Netflix. As of October 22, Strong Girl Namsoon ranks third on Netflix's Global Top 10 list and has 20.7 million viewed hours. 

wJw2Dp_2f.png

Episode 8 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on October 29 (Sunday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-eun-bin-s-castaway-diva-gets-a-promising-start-strong-girl-namsoon-hits-low

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon Thanks for the invite. This drama is so fun to watch, especially the main lead couple, they are so cute....

One of my favorite scenes is when the strong girl throws the lady's bag that fly out from the Korean sky, all the way to Mongolia, and drops it in front of the old granny. It's hilarious, but it's really hilarious entertainment. It's funny in many ways in the scenes, no need to explain, just watch them. All the women in the family are strong while the men are weak, this was another interesting part to view the differences.

Although the plot is a bit exaggerated, I just simply love it, not to mention there is a charming guy with sexy lip (2nd male lead for villain role) for our eye candy :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1