[Drama 2023] Strong Girl Nam-Soon/Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon, 힘쎈여자 강남순

larus

Lee Yoo Mi, Ong Seong Wu, Kim Jung Eun, And More Shine Behind The Scenes Of Upcoming Drama “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Oct 4, 2023
by S. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Strong Girl Namsoon” has shared a sneak peek of the starring actors behind the scenes!

On October 4, “Strong Girl Namsoon” released behind-the-scenes stills of Lee Yoo Mi, Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hae Sook, Ong Seong Wu, Byun Woo Seok, and Young Tak raising viewers’ anticipation for their chemistry.

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

First of all, Lee Yoo Mi stars as Gang Nam Soon, an eccentric and bubbly girl with incredible strength who flies to Korea from Mongolia in order to find her parents. Lee Yoo Mi’s passion for the project can be felt in her serious eyes as she checks her scenes without being distracted.

namsoon-02.jpg

Kim Jung Eun, who plays Nam Soon’s mother Hwang Geum Joo, is also captured listening to Lee Yoo Mi’s story with eyes full of affection.

namsoon-06.jpg

The passionate appearance of Kim Hae Sook, who portrays Nam Soon’s grandmother Gil Joong Gan, rehearsing a scene where she carries Kim Ki Doo, who plays Gil Joong Gan’s weak son Hwang Geum Dong, is also captured.

namsoon-04.jpg

Ong Seong Wu stars as Gang Hee Shik, an upright young detective who graduated from police university and currently works at the Gangnam Han River District Police. It is said that Ong Seong Wu boosts the mood on set with his bright smile full of positive energy.

Spoiler

namsoon-03.jpg

The dark and charismatic atmosphere of Byun Woo Seok, who perfectly immersed into his role of Ryu Si Oh, a villain with unimaginable ambition, also makes viewers’ heart flutter. The way he keeps his emotions in check even during his break time makes viewers look forward to the exciting confrontation between him and the strong mother and daughter heroines.

Spoiler

namsoon-01.jpg

Lastly, Ong Seong Wu and Young Tak preview their brotherly chemistry as partners in the Drug Investigation Team at the Gangnam Han River District. The two monitor the filming scene with extremely serious faces.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1617593wpp/lee-yoo-mi-ong-seong-wu-kim-jung-eun-and-more-shine-behind-the-scenes-of-upcoming-drama-strong-girl-namsoon

News bites: October 2, 2023

by tccolb

202309281608211095.jpg

Thankfully, this month also brings a trio of heroes who are committed to making the world a brighter place in JTBC’s Strong Girl Nam-soon (previously Strong Woman Kang Nam-soon). With a preview of Lee Yumi (Mental Coach Jegal), Kim Jung-eun (My Dangerous Wife), and Kim Hae-sook (Revenant) protecting our streets in the new highlight reel, the fantasy premieres this week on October 7. [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/news-bites-october-2-2023/

12+ K-Dramas To Look Forward To In October

Oct 6, 2023
by D. Kim

Get ready, K-drama fans—a big month is ahead! Several highly anticipated dramas are hitting the air in October.

Here are dramas to look out for this month:

“Strong Girl Namsoon”

namsoon-1.jpeg

Cast: Lee Yoo Mi, Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hae Sook, Ong Seong Wu, Byun Woo Seok, Lee Seung Joon, Han Sang Jo, Kim Ki Doo, Joo Woo Jae, Kyungri, Young Tak, Yoo Ha Sung, Song Jin Woo, Jung Seung Gil, Jung Bo Suk, etc.

Premiere Date: October 7

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30 p.m. KST on JTBC

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616291wpp/12-k-dramas-to-look-forward-to-in-october

Premiere Watch: Strong Girl Nam-soon

by missvictrix

optimize

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Fantasy, romance, action, crime
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: It’s been a looong time since the fun hit that was Strong Woman Do Bong-soon, and JTBC has cooked up a spin-off with the same essential elements: a supernaturally strong woman in the lead (Lee Yumi), a hefty dose of fun and humor, requisite danger, and a hottie or two on the side. In the case of Strong Girl Nam-soon, we’ve got detective Ong Sung-woo — and Byun Woo-seok as our nefarious CEO. But really, this is a story about strong women, and in addition to our eponymous heroine, her mother (Kim Jung-eun) and grandmother (the miraculous Kim Hae-sook) lead the way. I can’t wait to watch them punch through some walls.

TL;DR: The spin-off is finally here!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/premiere-watch-strong-girl-nam-soon/

202310070800026335_d.jpg

optimize

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] Strong Girl Nam-Soon/Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon, 힘쎈여자 강남순 - Lee Yoo Mi, Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hae Sook- Sat& Sun

OMG. I say this as respectfully as possible: Why does Hwang Geum-Joo continue to destroy her face with bad lip fillers & that nose??? I'm struggling to watch when she is on. Older women must start embracing their aging beauty. Castor oil and MSM does wonders for keeping skin youthful, collagen intact, clean the liver, brown fat deposits, etc. Nip & Tuck should aid and NOT be a hindrance.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1 :).

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”

JTBC’s new drama “Strong Girl Namsoon” is off to a promising start!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area. Lee Yoo Mi stars as Gang Nam Soon, an eccentric and bubbly girl with incredible strength who flies to Korea from Mongolia in order to find her parents.

On October 7, “Strong Girl Namsoon” premiered to higher viewership ratings than the original “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.” According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.3 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels—and surpassing the premiere rating of 3.8 percent achieved by the original drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618382wpp/strong-girl-namsoon-premieres-to-higher-ratings-than-strong-woman-do-bong-soon

• Like 2

it is frightening when you can only recognize an actor/actress by their voice & even that gets distorted by too much plastic surgery - I really like Kim Jung Eun, but I am shocked and saddened that she too has given into this sick pressure, over and over - and although it is very noticeable in gals of all ages, it is more and more the case with guys too... this is not freedom of expression but a sick pressure from agencies and society - AI is not as frightening as the dehumanization that plastic surgery brings about - and it certainly does not make for better acting - it is in fact horribly distracting Also, there is a lousy trend in reddish eye make-up that makes the faces look even worse

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Ong Seong Wu And Lee Yoo Mi Have A Less Than Ideal First Encounter In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Oct 8, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s new drama “Strong Girl Namsoon” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Lee Yoo Mi stars as Gang Nam Soon, an eccentric and bubbly girl with incredible strength who flies to Korea from Mongolia in order to find her parents. Ong Seong Wu plays Gang Hee Shik, an upright young detective who graduated from police university.

Spoilers

The newly released stills depict Gang Nam Soon’s turbulent time adjusting to life in Korea. In the first set of stills, Gang Nam Soon has a fierce confrontation with Gang Hee Shik at the airport baggage claims area. Gang Hee Shik and Oh Young Tak (Young Tak) look flustered by the unique items that come spilling out of Gang Nam Soon’s bag.

strong-girl-namsoon-.jpeg

In another still, Gang Nam Soon and Gang Hee Shik scuffle over what appears to be a golden staff. Gang Hee Shik tries to take the item away from Gang Nam Soon who is adamant about keeping it.

strong-girl-namsoon-1.jpeg

Furthermore, Gang Nam Soon is depicted building a ger (portable round tent) at Hangang park. Sitting at the park, Gang Nam Soon seems to be engrossed in thought, and another picture shows Gang Nam Soon smiling brightly while building the ger. Viewers are curious to find out how Gang Nam Soon ended up at Hangang park while in search for her family.

The production team remarked, “Gang Nam Soon resolves the difficulties [she faces] in her own way,” asking viewers to anticipate the first meeting between Gang Nam Soon and Gang Hee Shik.

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618414wpp/ong-seong-wu-and-lee-yoo-mi-have-a-less-than-ideal-first-encounter-in-strong-girl-namsoon

• Like 2

Finished ep 1 of Strong Girl Namsoon. Loved it! :love: Gonna be a fun ride y'all!

Can I just say that I am a little worried about the safety practices of Air Mong? :flushed:

First of all, EVERYONE knows you have to keep the emergency exit rows clear at take off and landing. The BAG NEEDS TO GO UP IN THE OVERHEAD STORAGE BIN! YA! :scream:

image.png?ex=653536ed&is=6522c1ed&hm=deb

Then when doing an emergency landing, the flight attendant isn't taking his seat nor instructing others to do the brace position. Instead he keeps pacing up and down the aisle - barely able to stand. :hushed:

image.png?ex=65353973&is=6522c473&hm=d80

He fell down when they hit the ground. :unamused: But he survived - despite the hard impact. In fact, he didn't get a scratch - despite not wearing his seat belt.

Also, emergency row woman IS STILL HOLDING ONTO HER BAG even though they're about to deploy the emergency slides. WTH? :rage:

image.png?ex=65353fcb&is=6522cacb&hm=41d

@Ameera Ali @larus @sweetroad @kokodus @rocat @agenth @confusedheart

• LOL 5

Glad Namsoon only saw her love interest cop Kang Hee Shik do a little happy dance in his neon underwear.

image.png?ex=65354e39&is=6522d939&hm=3b7

She should see how he dresses at work. :D

image.png?ex=653547f7&is=6522d2f7&hm=358

image.png?ex=653548c3&is=6522d3c3&hm=303

At least practicing to be a mom will come in handy when he's gonna be a baby daddy for Namsoon's future daughter. :glasses:

@Ameera Ali @larus @sweetroad @kokodus @rocat @agenth @confusedheart

• LOL 3

12 hours ago, partyon said:

Can I just say that I am a little worried about the safety practices of Air Mong? :flushed:

We’re all concerned and repulsed by the plastic surgery, and you’re concerned the plane isn’t complying with policy. Love it. :joy: 

Ok, I gotta start this one! I loved SGDBS when Park Hyungsik and Park Boyoung were on screen. The serial kidnapper storyline was too OTT and led to an uneven tone I thought. Let’s see if they can strike a better balance in the sequel.

Love the ML - he does a great job in Would You Like a Cup of Coffee? But he looks much more comical here. 

• LOL 4

38 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Ok, I gotta start this one! I loved SGDBS when Park Hyungsik and Park Boyoung were on screen. The serial kidnapper storyline was too OTT and led to an uneven tone I thought. Let’s see if they can strike a better balance in the sequel.

I liked the 2 first episodes. The writer has a lot of hit kdramas, so I am hoping she is able to keep the balance in this one too.

Am already liking the OTP, and the evil handsome drug lord is looking very evil. Am sad that Kim Won Hae only did a guest role :bawling:

Am of course waiting a lot for Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young, but am seeing that Bong Soon's mom is also on the list. Would love for the following to do guest roles:

1) Secretary Kong

dobongsoon_secretaryfly2.gif

2) Baek Tak

991a23f61aba8dd6ccb80d3abb15d12c--strong

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2 :).

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Ratings Jump For 2nd Episode + “Live Your Own Life” Returns To Air At No. 1

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Ratings Jump For 2nd Episode + “Live Your Own Life” Returns To Air At No. 1

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” is on the rise!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a new comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

On October 8, “Strong Girl Namsoon” enjoyed an impressive jump in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent, marking a nearly 2 percent increase from its premiere the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618511wpp/strong-girl-namsoon-ratings-jump-for-2nd-episode-live-your-own-life-returns-to-air-at-no-1

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Finished the first two episodes today and the show is highly entertaining for sure. :lol:

I thought I'd have a problem with looking at the mom's nose but she's actually turning out to be a scene-stealer. I love how they show how strong and savvy she is - she appears in the story more than Bong-soon's mom did in SGDBS.

BUT one thing that bothered me was that if she was so smart, she definitely should have known that that daughter/girl was an impostor! What happened to her spidey-sense?

Kang Hee-sik and Nam-soon have good chemistry. I like that they're giving them lots of time together already. :wub:

• Blob 2

28 minutes ago, mskololia1 said:

Barely watch the first 2 episode and ff ep2.  This is not good and the OST is not good either.  Don't care about a love triangle because the horse's bell hit who it hit.

What's an example of a good series for you then? in case you know the answer to my question , i usually use the lyrics to find the title of the song but it's in korean :-(

"Hi. In Episode 2 Police Station scene, they played this song and it was awesome. Can anybody tell me the title and the artist it was around 41:28 on netflix. Thank you in advance. "