[Drama 2023] Strong Girl Nam-Soon/Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon, 힘쎈여자 강남순

larus

3 hours ago, BlazingNinja23 said:

Hi. In Episode 2 Police Station scene, they played this song and it was awesome. Can anybody tell me the title and the artist it was around 41:28 on netflix. Thank you in advance. 

No idea who it is. I know the song Superpowers is by ITZY.

I am sure they will release info about the song you are referring to as the drama progresses. :coolshades:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlazingNinja23 said:

What's an example of a good series for you then? in case you know the answer to my question , i usually use the lyrics to find the title of the song but it's in korean :-(

"Hi. In Episode 2 Police Station scene, they played this song and it was awesome. Can anybody tell me the title and the artist it was around 41:28 on netflix. Thank you in advance. "

I liked the FL:  Mongolian roots and her lifestyle echoed in the park and experiencing how the poor live and get by.  I like the ML.  I like FL's dad.  I hope they mix it up the music because I liked the trot, which is an acquired taste after watching some law show.

I do not like how her family is filthy rich but does not have a team of SM experts scouring the news, etc. for her powers being exhibited in Mongolia or Asia.  Kind of lazy writing.

The new drug sounds similar to the NF movie PP.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

by Lily Alice, October 9, 2023
7 1

According to Nielsen Korea, the JTBC crime-comedy Strong Girl Namsoon scored an average nationwide rating of 6.06% for episode 2, rising from its premiere rating of 4.29%. The K-drama remained the most-watched in its time slot. Strong Girl Namsoon tells the story of three extraordinary women with superhuman strength unraveling the mysteries behind a drug-related crime unfolding in Gangnam.

jQrm3O_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon?

Episode 3 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on October 14 (Saturday).

https://mydramalist.com/article/strong-girl-namsoon-rises-in-ratings-arthdal-chronicles-goes-steady

• Like 2

Strong Girl Nam-soon: Episodes 1-2

by mistyisles

Strong Girl Nam-soon is a wacky superhero tale with an irresistibly sunny titular heroine, nefarious villains lurking in the background, three generations of super-strong women, and one good-natured but determined cop. Once our heroes find their way to each other, they’ve certainly got their work cut out for them — but there should be plenty of fun and excitement along the way.

EPISODES 1-2

Our story kicks off in 2013 with a missing girl and a pair of distraught parents. The father is KANG BONG-GO (Lee Seung-joon), banker-turned-photographer; the mother is HWANG GEUM-JOO (Kim Jung-eun), genius businesswoman dripping in self-made wealth. Every woman in Geum-joo’s family is born with superhuman strength (the guys, not so much), so years past when her fling with Bong-go escalated to steamy activities, Geum-joo had made it clear that having a daughter wasn’t optional.

They had twins — one girl, one boy — and their daughter KANG NAM-SOON (child version played by Seo Yi-soo) is the girl who’s currently missing. Turns out while on a photography trip in Mongolia with her father, Nam-soon disappeared. Bong-go filed for divorce out of guilt, and both parents spend the next ten years exhausting every resource to find her.

We, however, needn’t fear for Nam-soon’s fate. She’s been taken in by kindly Mongolian shepherds and spends her days riding horseback, tossing wrestling champions around like rag dolls, and watching Korean TV. Though she doesn’t remember much about her biological family, PSY’s “Gangnam Style” helps her recall her name and gives her a place (Gangnam) to seek out when she’s older (and played by Lee Yumi). Even then, she’s reluctant to abandon her adoptive parents. In the end, they have to push her to leave, assuring her they’ll be here if she needs them.

Meanwhile, Geum-joo holds an annual international strength contest in hopes that Nam-soon will participate. To her joy, the 2023 winner, RI HWA-JA (Choi Hee-jin), ticks all the right boxes, down to the scar on her foot. Bong-go isn’t convinced, but Geum-joo wastes no time showering her presumed daughter with every luxury money can buy. In truth, however, Hwa-ja is a con artist looking to help herself to Geum-joo’s vaults.

Nam-soon’s arrival in Korea is nothing short of dramatic. First, her plane comes in for a rough landing — that is, it fails to slow down, and Nam-soon has to jump out and stop it with her bare hands. This sends a surge of power to both Geum-joo and Geum-joo’s mother, GIL JOONG-GAN (Kim Hae-sook), and tips Geum-joo off that Hwa-ja isn’t who she claims to be.

Next, thanks to a tip that a drug mule is aboard the flight, Nam-soon and her fellow passengers go through inspection, during which police officer KANG HEE-SHIK (Ong Sung-woo) confiscates a few personal items (her beloved late horse’s mane and ankle bone, and a solid gold princess wand she had when she got lost as a child) for testing. Moved by her plea that all she wants is to find her mother, Hee-shik promises not only to return the items ASAP but also to help her locate her family.

Finally, Nam-soon secures a cushy apartment… only to find out the next morning that the “landlady” was a scammer who turned around and robbed her blind. Penniless, homeless, and with no one to turn to, Nam-soon nonetheless makes the best of her situation. After all, the park at Han River is dotted with tents, so who’s to say she can’t pitch her own, right?

Except, she builds a Mongolian-style yurt out of “borrowed” materials (a few wooden boards here, some public banners there, and one tree that was going to be uprooted anyway), and then another for a homeless couple who wander in — and let’s just say the park officials and local police aren’t as impressed as her new friends are.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/strong-girl-nam-soon-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

Barely watching Kdrama anymore but came back to watch this drama.  I used to be a huge Kdrama fan few years ago, and Soompi forums were lit!  

Anyways, loving this show. It is cute, funny and has a strong plotline.  Some head scratching moments but overall, show feels refreshing.

Love the male lead, and chemistry of the OTP.  Looking forward to a lot of their scenes together.  Hope, they keep the pace and fun elements going and keep a high octane pace with it so, it does not slow down.

Excited for the next 7 weeks!!

Edited by OldfanNewname

Spoiler

“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” Stars Park Hyung Sik And Park Bo Young Reunite For Cameo In Spin-Off “Strong Girl Namsoon”

“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” Stars Park Hyung Sik And Park Bo Young Reunite For Cameo In Spin-Off “Strong Girl Namsoon”

The stars of “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” have reunited on the small screen after six years for the spin-off!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

Lee Yoo Mi takes on the role of Do Bong Soon’s (Park Bo Young’s) second cousin Gang Nam Soon, an eccentric and lively person with amazing strength who flew from Mongolia to find her parents. Kim Jung Eun plays Gang Nam Soon’s mother Hwang Geum Joo, a money tycoon in Gangnam with a strong sense of justice. Finally, Kim Hae Sook portrays Gang Nam Soon’s maternal grandmother Gil Joong Gan, a living legend in the neighborhood of Majang.

The newly released stills feature the return of Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) and Do Bong Soon, capturing viewers’ attention. For an unknown reason, Do Bong Soon is being investigated at the police station. Soon, Ahn Min Hyuk barges in to the police station in shock.

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-01.jpeg

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-02.jpeg

Ahn Min Hyuk comforts Do Bong Soon as he caresses her cheek, and Do Bong Soon loosens up and smiles at him, showcasing the cute couple’s chemistry.

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-03.jpeg

The three-way meeting between Gil Joong Gan, Do Bong Soon, and Ahn Min Hyuk also stimulates viewers’ curiosity. Gil Joong Gan enters the police station exuding a majestic aura.

Spoiler

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-04.jpeg

She offers a handshake to Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk and gives them a thumbs up.

Spoiler

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-06-1.jpeg

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-05.jpeg

The production team remarked, “The special appearance of Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik, who kicked off the ‘Strong Girl’ series, is meaningful. The return of the strong couple Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk will showcase exciting chemistry.

The meeting of the one and only strong family will also be drawn in a pleasant way, so please look forward to it.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Park-Bo-Young.jpeg

The next episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon” will air on October 14 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619425wpp/strong-woman-do-bong-soon-stars-park-hyung-sik-and-park-bo-young-reunite-for-cameo-in-spin-off-strong-girl-namsoon

October 13 2023

Park Bo-Young & Park Hyung-Sik cameo in JTBC drama “Strong Girl Nam-Soon”

Strong-Girl-Nam-Soon-CO2.jpeg

Park Bo-Young and Park Hyung-Sik to make cameo appearance in JTBC drama series “Strong Girl Nam-Soon” starring Lee Yoo-Mi. Park Bo-Young and Park Hyung-Sik will play their characters from 2017 JTBC drama series “Strong Girl Bong-Soon.” Their cameo scene will be set at a police station where Do Bong-Soon (Park Bo-Young) is being questioned by the police. An Min-Hyuk (Park Hyung-Sik) then rushes to the police station. Below are still images of that scene. Which episode this scene will appear has not yet been revealed.

by Lily Alice, October 13, 2023
6 3

The production team of the JTBC weekend drama Strong Girl Namsoon teased the special appearance of Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik in the upcoming episode 3 of the K-drama. Expectations are running high as to how Kang Nam Soon and Do Bong Soon will interconnect in the storyline.

After six years since Strong Woman Do Bong SoonStrong Girl Namsoon has returned with a bang, achieving an impressive 6% viewership rating in just two episodes and sparking enthusiastic viewer reactions.

The special appearance of Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik stirred excitement even before the broadcast. The recently released stills have only added to the anticipation. Do Bong Soon is seen being questioned at a police station while Ahn Min Hyuk bursts into the place. Their charismatic presence, decked out in style, draws smiles from viewers. From Ahn Min Hyuk's calming influence on the agitated Do Bong Soon to her smiling in response to his comfort, the ever-adorable and endearing cute couple's chemistry effortlessly warms the hearts of the audience. With Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk's return after six years, fans are eagerly awaiting the exciting developments that lie ahead.

jQr5Q8_2f.jpg

kAkeAr_2f.jpg

d0w70W_2f.jpg

Above all, the most eye-catching aspect is the meeting of Gil Joong Gan, Do Bong Soon, and Ahn Min Hyuk. Gil Joong Gan, the living legend of Majang-dong, enters the police station confidently wearing flashy clothes. The scene of Gil Joong Gan shaking hands with Do Bong Soon and giving a thumbs-up is intriguing. The meeting of the most powerful women at the police station surely piques curiosity about the reasons behind it.

Spoiler

Xd8Ldw_2f.jpg

https://mydramalist.com/article/jtbc-teases-park-bo-young-and-park-hyung-sik-s-special-appearance-in-strong-girl-namsoon

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (October 14, 2023)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Strong Girl Nam-soon: If I have to pick a wacky drama from the recent premieres, my flavor is more A Good Day to Be a Dog. But that being said, I really enjoy Lee Yumi. And anything in Mongolia. Also Ong Sung-woo, because that’s some next-level cuteness. Also Byun Woo-seok, because I’ve been his fan from way back in his YGK Plus model days.

Unit

Strong Girl Nam-soon: I picked this up out of curiosity (and for Ong Sung-woo), and it was surprisingly entertaining. We all need a silly watch from time to time, and I think this will be my silly watch for the next few weeks.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-october-14-2023/

• Like 2

@Ameera Ali @sweetroad @ktcjdrama When you don't believe countless witnesses. Even though you're a cop.

image.png?ex=653d34b4&is=652abfb4&hm=b38

But then can't close your eyes from irrefutable evidence

image.png?ex=653d440f&is=652acf0f&hm=26e

You better believe it mister! Your wife-to-be is gonna be calling you Hee Hee soon :D

image.png?ex=653d4389&is=652ace89&hm=c02

Take note from your future bride's cousin Bong Soon

Spoiler

image.png?ex=653d3b9f&is=652ac69f&hm=a00

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Ratings Hit New All-Time High As “My Dearest” Part 2 Rises

“Strong Girl Namsoon” Ratings Hit New All-Time High As “My Dearest” Part 2 Rises

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” continues to gain steam!

On October 14, the new spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” earned its highest viewership ratings yet for its third episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, “Strong Girl Namsoon” took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 8.0 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619706wpp/strong-girl-namsoon-ratings-hit-new-all-time-high-as-my-dearest-part-2-rises

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

Park Hyung Sik And Park Bo Young Share Adorable Photos From Set Of “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Park Hyung Sik And Park Bo Young Share Adorable Photos From Set Of “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young warmed fans’ hearts with their super-cute selfies from the set of “Strong Girl Namsoon”!

“Strong Girl Namsoon” is a new spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” which famously starred Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik as the titular Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk respectively.

On the October 14 episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon,” the two stars made a special cameo appearance as their characters from “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”—and to commemorate the occasion, both actors took to Instagram to share some photos that they had snapped together during filming.

Before the episode aired, Park Bo Young wrote, “Today, Bong Soon and Min Hyuk will be on ‘Strong Girl Namsoon.’”

Park Hyung Sik echoed the sentiment in a slightly cuter tone, writing, “Today, Bong Bong and Min Min will appear on ‘Strong Girl Namsoon’!”

Park-Bo-Young-Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpgPark-Hyung-Sik-Park-Bo-Young.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619695wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-bo-young-share-adorable-photos-from-set-of-strong-girl-namsoon

• Love 2
  • Blob 2

by Lily Alice, October 15, 2023
3 0

The JTBC crime-comedy Strong Girl Namsoon rose to its best-ever rating of 8.002% for episode 3 on October 14, probably the effect of Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik's special appearance. The K-drama is also trending on Netflix in numerous countries, including Bahrain, Chile, Egypt, Hong Kong, India,  Kuwait, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States, to name a few. 

Moreover, as of October 8, top10.netflix.com lists Strong Girl Namsoon as the fifth most-watched show on Netflix, with a total of 2.5 million viewed hours on the platform. 

60yRBK_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon?

Episode 4 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on October 15 (Sunday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-you-mi-s-strong-girl-namsoon-rises-to-best-ever-ratings-my-dearest-part-2-sees-improvement

• Like 1
  • Blob 2