[Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

VR_Lies__Truth_hD_PS.jpg?width=1920&heig

cr. gm4queen

Game time! :love: Can you spot the lies and the truths about our kdrama characters?

Test your knowledge and memory cells here:

Event Organizers,

@Sleepy Owl & @partyon

-----

SIDE NOTE: Well done everyone who is still watching this! Saw that k-netz wanted to cancel this drama due to excessive makjang. Heard that the director was changed too. :grimace:

Spoiler

Hwang Jung Eum And Shin Eun Kyung Have A Secret Meeting In “The Escape Of The Seven”

Hwang Jung Eum And Shin Eun Kyung Have A Secret Meeting In “The Escape Of The Seven”

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“The Escape of the Seven” follows the story of seven characters involved in the disappearance of a young girl, who was tangled in a complicated web of lies and ambition. “The Escape of the Seven” is the third joint project by scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok and director Joo Dong Min who previously worked together on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “The Escape of the Seven,” it was revealed the real target of Matthew Lee’s revenge was Min Do Hyuk (Lee Joon), the biological son of Sung Chan Group Chairman Shim Yong (Kim Il Woo). During the Sungchan Gallery VIP party, Matthew Lee assigned a mission to the six people involved in the “Bang Da Mi incident” to replace the painting in the VIP room with a forgery made by Go Myung Ji (Jo Yoon Hee). A subsequent murder at the party has left viewers eager to discover what unfolds next.

The newly released stills depict a secret meeting between Geum Ra Hee (Hwang Jung Eum) and Cha Joo Ran (Shin Eun Kyung). Geum Ra Hee and Cha Joo Ran, who had been eyeing Chairman Bang Chil Sung’s (Lee Deok Hwa) fortune, conspired to kill him. However, they were unable to obtain his assets as he had already cashed them out in advance.

Unexpectedly, the two discovered an important clue from Kang Ki Tak (Yoon Tae Young) indicating that Bang Chil Sung’s fortune is in a place linked to Bang Da Mi (Jung Lael). Meeting in a neighborhood playground where Bang Da Mi once resided with her foster parents, they attempt to locate Bang Chil Sung’s fortune, only to be interrupted by an elderly man who sprinkled water on them. Armed with this new information, they decide to meet up in secret, leaving viewers eager to find out what their secret meeting is about.

the-escape-of-the-seven-2.jpg

the-escape-of-the-seven-1.jpg

the-escape-of-the-seven-3.jpg

Spoiler

the-escape-of-the-seven-4.jpg

The production team commented, “Viewers can look forward to seeing the perfect chemistry of Geum Ra Hee and Cha Joo Ran, who are a match made in heaven in the face of fortune as they try to fulfill their desires even amid a crisis. Matthew Lee is also targeting Bang Chil Sung’s fortune, so please tune in to see who will get Bang Chil Sung’s fortune in the end.”

The next episode of “The Escape of the Seven” will air on November 10 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625349wpp/hwang-jung-eum-and-shin-eun-kyung-have-a-secret-meeting-in-the-escape-of-the-seven

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Joon Teams Up With Lee Yoo Bi To Make A Counterattack In “The Escape Of The Seven”

Lee Joon Teams Up With Lee Yoo Bi To Make A Counterattack In “The Escape Of The Seven”

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“The Escape of the Seven” follows the story of seven characters involved in the disappearance of a young girl, who was tangled in a complicated web of lies and ambition. “The Escape of the Seven” is the third joint project by scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok and director Joo Dong Min who previously worked together on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “The Escape of the Seven,” it was revealed the real target of Matthew Lee’s (Uhm Ki Joon’s) revenge was Min Do Hyuk (Lee Joon), the biological son of Sung Chan Group Chairman Shim Yong (Kim Il Woo). During the Sungchan Gallery VIP party, a murder occurred as planned by Matthew Lee, and Min Do Hyuk was arrested as Shim Joon Seok’s (Kim Do Hoon’s) accomplice. Min Do Hyuk, who realized that it was a trap by Shim Joon Seok (“K”), attempted to escape, and Han Mo Ne (Lee Yoo Bi) appeared in front of him, leaving viewers eager to find out what will happen next.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture Min Do Hyuk having a serious conversation with Han Mo Ne, who helped him escape. Han Mo Ne, who was abandoned by “K,” plans to escape from the crisis by teaming up with Min Do Hyuk.

the-escape-of-the-seven-5.jpeg

the-escape-of-the-seven-6.jpeg

Min Do Hyuk’s changed gaze makes viewers guess that he has learned the whole truth. Min Do Hyuk vows revenge for his older brother Kang Ki Tak (Yoon Tae Young).

the-escape-of-the-seven-1-1.jpeg

More images below feature Min Do Hyuk going undercover as Han Mo Ne’s manager. Viewers are curious to find out about what counterattack Min Do Hyuk and Han Mo Ne will make.

Spoiler

the-escape-of-the-seven-3.jpeg

the-escape-of-the-seven-2-1.jpeg

the-escape-of-the-seven-4.jpeg

The next episode of “The Escape of the Seven” will air on November 10 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625514wpp/lee-joon-teams-up-with-lee-yoo-bi-to-make-a-counterattack-in-the-escape-of-the-seven

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hooray (sarcasm), it looks like this drama has decided to turn Han Monet into the drama's heroine after Episode 15.  

Also, Han-Na's adopted mom dies. 

Guem La-Hui still acts like her greedy villianous self even after she finds out that Matthew is K

• Shocked 1

The rating for the latest episode is 5.2%, lowest for the serial so far, less than half of that notched by “My Dearest” at 10.8%!

Next Fri will be the last episode of Season 1 and I think the rating can go even lower as it will be facing up against the second last episode of “My Dearest” which will be concluding its run on Saturday, after it is extended by 1 more episode.

And really, it is no more than what this serial deserves, the lowest rated weekend drama for SBS in 2023, after the back-to-back success of Payback, Taxi Driver S2, Dr Romantic S3, and Revenant.

The plot is so convoluted with so many twists and turns that it has become tiresome & no longer worth following.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Newbie21SG said:

The plot is so convoluted with so many twists and turns that it has become tiresome & no longer worth following.

I've dropped this drama. And I don't really drop dramas often, but not even Lee Joon's gorgeous face can save this mess of a show. I'll watch the last episode, but I probably won't watch season 2. Hell, I don't even think they'll be a season 2, these ratings are atrocious!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I've dropped this drama. And I don't really drop dramas often, but not even Lee Joon's gorgeous face can save this mess of a show. I'll watch the last episode, but I probably won't watch season 2. Hell, I don't even think they'll be a season 2, these ratings are atrocious!

Season 2 is being filmed right now. They finished filming Season 1 months ago. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

“My Dearest” Continues Reign As Most-Watched Show Of Friday

“My Dearest” Continues Reign As Most-Watched Show Of Friday

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven”—which shares a time slot with “My Dearest”—earned an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent for the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625718wpp/my-dearest-continues-reign-as-most-watched-show-of-friday

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kboramint said:

They even have dates of when the show is suppose to come back. March of 2024

After turning MN into a heroine, can they now change Geum and the gynae into undercover cops fighting against corruption and the school teacher into an interpol police? 

The Third marriage is so stupid. The self sacrificing Uee is slightly better only and  the Elegant Empire is ever so boring. The only bright spot is the possibility of abs in EE. This looks like a bad harvest is coming.

The minute I saw the boatman turning into Matthew Lee, I knew it was going to turn into a Mission Impossible trope, but MI was only an hour long per story. 

Someone tell me who was that hobo in DM’s old house whose face turned into someone I did not recognise?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

That was the secatary of Chairman Bang 

:thumbsup:

So the long haired guy in the basement was DM’s father Lee. What was that scene where KT was found on the beach? Then nothing about him.

I think you are right @kboramint  Michelle is DM, five years later.  But it needed a stretch of the imagination to think a high school kid became a famous director in such a short time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also, Han-Na's adopted mom dies. 

We don’t know, she hasn’t been imbibed by kdrama IV yet.

Just now, liyahsbutterfly said:

No, it's already been stated that Michelle is Ji-Ah's older sister, Song Ji-Sun.

Michelle may been wearing a Mission Impossible mask like K is Shim’s son is Matthew and was Lee. She seems too familiar with the bullying scenes in school as if she was there.

3 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

Yes, that is the plan. This show could have been shortened to just 2 more episodes.

I just cannot see how else can the story be extended.

Are we supposed to get 16 more episodes like this one. Perhaps with new actors like Arthdal?

25 minutes ago, maribella said:

Are we supposed to get 16 more episodes like this one. Perhaps with new actors like Arthdal?

No, same actors. Imagine if a 24 Episode show was divided into two parts. This is what Season 2 is. The end of this season is technically the end of mid-season. 

27 minutes ago, maribella said:

:thumbsup:

So the long haired guy in the basement was DM’s father Lee. What was that scene where KT was found on the beach? Then nothing about him.

They probably won't bring him back until Episode 17. 

• Like 3