[Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

I. Am going to flip over... A TABLE!!!!!! What the hell am I watching?! I love makjang dramas. I do. I like the revenge, the twists and turns, the morally grey characters, the thrills and drama. But this? This? THIS?! Words cannot describe how amazed, angry, and shocked I am right now. Kim Soon-Ok. Kim Soon-Ok. I am starting to think you are either a mad genius, or you need therapy. This might just be your craziest drama yet. And Uhm Ki-Joon? I love you. You pulled that reveal off BRILLIANTLY, no matter how wild this script is. 

At this point, I can only trust Kang Ki-Tak and Min Do-Hyuk, finally, Do-Hyuk... I will put my trust in you. Don't disappoint us!

5 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I am starting to think you are either a mad genius, or you need therapy.

I can assure you, there is no genius in a writer, if their great reveal after 12 episodes is only possible with magical masks...

• LOL 3

So,

Spoiler

K got himself facial plastic surgery, that changed his teeth and even aged his body by twenty years. He has magical masks, that give him not only smaller face, but also somehow those teeth back. But he is unable to get himself appointment in a nail studio and pay for good gel manicure... OK...

What an absolute dogsh*t of a drama.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I myself thought it was going to be Chairman Bang's son.  

I honestly hoped we could avoid magical masks, because from now on, there is no point to try to follow the story. I have no reason to believe anything that is shown, because she can decide to pull the rug again anytime. I mentioned Lost before and this is exactly what I meant. When you don't play fair and do stuff just to shock or to have something to write about next season, you don't deserve audience. I guess it was all Pamela's dream and Bobby Ewing is alive after all...

• LOL 2

Told You So Side Smile GIF by HULU

I do feel smug. 

Once I saw Matthew Lee removing the prosthesis from his face as a boatman, there was a high chance of a mission impossible makeup. Just the ups and downs of M Lee show quite an unstable man which fits K very well.

Also K knew that Matthew was DM’s father, that was really out of nowhere.

Now we only have one psychotic man who got billions out of a regretful old man.

• Blob 1

Chairman Shim says that Jun-Seok is locked up on a island? Is that where Lee Hwi-So is at at? They switched places?  

How is Han-Na with Matthew Lee? Did Jin-mo just give her up, then what has happen to Paeng-Hee? Does this mean, La-Hui and Jin-Mo both know Matthew Lee is K?

• Like 1

Using mission impossible gimmicks takes the fun out of guessing but could be entertaining.

The writer is keeping loyalty and groupings fluid. Guem and KT, KT and DH, the others are always me first. 

At the end, the shifty JM, No and HN may be the only constantly loyal group.

But first, for KT to be DH’s protector, there seem to be a time leap coming.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

Who the heck is the real "Matthew Lee" then? Or is there such a person after all? 

I don't think Matthew Lee is a real person. 

This story is too complex. I would rather seen a story about Michelle seeking revenge for Jia after Monet and her friends bullied her and caused her to commit suicide but it wasn't a suicide but rather a murder caused by Monet's boyfriend. All because she would expose that he and Monet had a child. Something that he didn't want the media to find out. I want to see that story.   

----

BTW... Dami is alive.

• Like 1

Wait... I just realized the absurbness of K's plan. If he has the ability of changing his appearance using mission impossible masks then he didn't have to plastic facelift to look like Matthew Lee. Why couldn't K just wear a Matthew Lee mask all this time? That would had made more sense I feel like.   

• Like 1

K/Matthew was playing with HN in the preview with Geum smiling at them. Is this another twist over a twist?  Is she now trapping K or has she always been K’s sidekick? 

I think it’s some months after KT landed on the beach for him to be fully recovered and continuing his own revenge in the next episode.

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

“The Escape Of The Seven” Soars To Its Highest Ratings In Over A Month

“The Escape Of The Seven” Soars To Its Highest Ratings In Over A Month

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” soared to No. 1 ratings last night!

On November 3, “The Escape of the Seven” enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its latest episode, which earned the drama’s highest ratings in over a month. According to Nielsen Korea, “The Escape of the Seven” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 7.2 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624119wpp/the-escape-of-the-seven-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-in-over-a-month

• Like 1

The end of Season 1 of "7 Escape" has no chance against "My Dearest (Part 2)". Both serials have 3 more episodes before the Finale and there are talks of "My Dearest" extending its run by 1-2 more episodes (similar to "The Red Sleeve" 2 years ago) and rightly so as it has been MBC's highest rated serial this year, with 12.2% rating (notched in last episode of Part 1). The rating for "My Dearest" today is likely to hit at least 12% also.

Meanwhile, "7 Escape"'s rating is pretty weak so far and it has yet to beat "The First Responders Season 2"'s 9.3% (highest rating). Let alone other highly rated SBS serials this year like "Taxi Driver Season 2" (21.0%), "Dr Romantic Season 3" (16.8%), "Payback" (11.4%) and "Revenant" (11.2%).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

The end of Season 1 of "7 Escape" has no chance against "My Dearest (Part 2)". Both serials have 3 more episodes before the Finale and there are talks of "My Dearest" extending its run by 1-2 more episodes (similar to "The Red Sleeve" 2 years ago) and rightly so as it has been MBC's highest rated serial this year, with 12.2% rating (notched in last episode of Part 1). The rating for "My Dearest" today is likely to hit at least 12% also.

Meanwhile, "7 Escape"'s rating is pretty weak so far and it has yet to beat "The First Responders Season 2"'s 9.3% (highest rating). Let alone other highly rated SBS serials this year like "Taxi Driver Season 2" (21.0%), "Dr Romantic Season 3" (16.8%), "Payback" (11.4%) and "Revenant" (11.2%).

Aren’t you supposed to compare the ratings when the shows come on? @backstreetboysfan just posted an article which said it was number one.

• Like 1