[Drama 2022] Military Prosecutor Doberman, 군검사 도베르만

rocher22

TvN Drama  2022

Military  Prosecutor Doberman

Military_Prosecutor_Doberman-p1.jpg

Director Ji Chang Gyu

Writer :  Yoon Hyun  Joo

Release Date February 28, 2022

PLOT

Do Bae Man ( Ahn Bo Hyun ) became a military prosecutor to find success and wealth.

Cha Woo In (Jo Bo Ah) comes from a wealthy chaebol family and she works as rookie military prosecutor.                              

Do Bae Man & Cha Woo In  begin to work together as they break down evils in the military.(AsianViki)           

CAST

Ahn Bo Hyun as Do Bae Man

Jo Bo Ah as Cha Woo In

Oh Yeon Sun as No Hwa Young

Kim Young Min as Yong Moon Goo

Kim Woo Seok as No Tae Nam

main trailer                                                             

script reading

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@rocher22, this is a new thread? I was so sure that I saw a thread for this drama before. Now I wonder.

Jo Bo Ah Talks About “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” Her Desire To Play An Evil Role, Her Personality, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 25, 2022
by E. D

In a recent interview with Esquire magazine, Jo Bo Ah opened up about her role in “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” how she adjusted to the role, and more!

Jo Bo Ah stars in the upcoming military court drama “Military Prosecutor Doberman.” The drama is about two military prosecutors who chose the job for very different reasons but come together to fight evil in the military. Do Bae Man (Ahn Bo Hyun) is an indifferent prosecutor who could not care less about his job and only looks forward to the days when he can take off his military uniform. Cha Woo In (Jo Bo Ah) is the only daughter of a chaebol family who chooses to become a military prosecutor out of revenge.

When discussing her role in “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” Jo Bo Ah described her transformation into the character as fierce and dark. She said, “She is trying to break down military corruption. She is trying to justly resolve the military corruption that we have seen on the news. Furthermore, there is something that sets up my character to become a military prosecutor for revenge. Because she has a dark appearance and I needed to use a soldier’s way of speaking, I really needed to adjust my tone. At first, I was really excited and nervous for this challenge, but now it’s the fourth month that I’ve been wearing a military uniform, so I adjusted. Even now, military language has become part of my standard way of speaking.”

Jo Bo Ah talked about why she wanted to play a strong role, attributing it to the fact that she had always had a longing for it. She said, “I always had a longing for my male counterpart’s role. They’re strong and capable, so they protect the female protagonists and rescue them from dangerous situations. As I saw that, I thought I wanted to try and pull off a character who knew how to independently and proactively fight, and also can express their opinion assuredly. I’m trying my best to play this great role. The results are the most important, but I’m having fun doing the process too.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1514714wpp/jo-bo-ah-talks-about-military-prosecutor-doberman-her-desire-to-play-an-evil-role-her-personality-and-more

• Like 1

Wasn't expecting to enjoy this but, I did.:D Ahn Bo Hyun is back to playin' characters that're into action. Not complaining though.:smirk: He look mighty fine in uniform too~

Ep.01 deal with South Korea's problem with illegal spycam recordings that exposes vulnerable women who end up as unsuspecting victims.

I really thought Ahn Bo Hyun's character was corrupt or that he was an antagonist. The subordinate with rhinitis allergy he fooled me. Turns out he was as bad as they come. Ahn Bo Hyun turns out to be astute as well.

His aunt ha-ha. The actress is also in "Thirty Nine". I like Jo Bo Ah here too. She has a story of her own.. looking forward to more.

• Like 3

The scene where Woo In just leaned back while enjoying Be Man beat up the thugs was hilarious!:joy:

I thought Do Be Man was a weird name but it's revealed to sound like Doberman. :joy:

That damn p.o.s Chairman Noh was an a-hole. Wht he did to Se Na was unforgivable. Se Na shouldn't have dropped the charges but then 'gain she' s up against someone who has many connections & wealth. 

Be Man is finding out new things on his lady partner & she's no delicate flower that's for sure. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm totally loving this drama.  Been waiting to see Ahn Bo Hyun in another drama since Yumi Cells broke my heart.  To this day I will not rewatch that drama. 

Ahn Bo Hyun & Jo Bo Ah, I like to think of them as BoBo make a great team & they have the chemistry to prove it.  Jo Bo Ah is very petite in stature so I was skeptical at first that she would be able to carry off the fighting scenes....but she proved me wrong.

Looking forward to more episodes with a FL that can take care of herself and a ML who appreciates her strength and smarts. 

• Like 2

I really enjoy the drama so far. Character mystery is always intriguing (despite the lotto odds-defying odds of two protaganists, unknown to each other, have family/friends/colleagues that meet each other "coincidentally." Finally military/industrial complex chicanery is always a fun to root against!

Side note on PPL: I don't think Longines, the watch manufacturer, is too keen on its PPL scene where Woo In is inquiring the clerk of Longines about a gift for Doberman....er, Do Bai Man... and she asks if Woo In wants to make Bai Man her boyfriend, and Woo In correctly and appropriately responds with the fact that the Longines clerk was asking an offensive question. Not a good look for Longines, and their legal rep had best be breathing down the producer's neck on that extremely offensive script decision. Words to the wise.

OH, and speaking of the watch: Woo In picked out a $1,600 (~1.6 million won) watch for Dobie Gillis:

spacer.png

That far exceeds the very strict gift protocols that the South Korean military dictates for individual-to-individual basis. For officer ranks, it is actually illegal to give a gift outside of authorized holiday periods (birthdays not included in holiday) for those within the immediate chain of command (as Woo In and Bai Man are), and even at Christmas or two other authorized Korean holidays, the gift limit is 20,000 won (about $20). A $1,600 dollar watch is definitely a violation of the highest order, and would put Woo In in virtually the same offense standard that the sergeant that Bai Man busted (though "illegally;" I digress that point), and she could be subject for imprisonment for 2 years. This same punishment would also apply to Bai Man as well, if he accepted and didn't report the gift infraction to his superiors or to Korean military police.

But it's only a drama, lighten up, Jonah :fear:

• LOL 1

On 3/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, rocher22 said:

I guess there is a bug in that watch.  :unsure: I think WI intentionally left the wig on that seat.

Her every move is planned in advance.  

She definitely pulled the wig out. I don't remember where in the fight it could have accidentally fallen out. Also, no accident that the only camera working was the one that showed her, and the "clues" left behind. She wasn't rushed in her clean up so anything left behind was on purpose.  However, I don't understand the benefit of revealing her double identity to Do Bae-man.

That watch either has a tracker or a bug. After seeing the wig Do Bae-man would have to be dumb to keep wearing it. There is no way he would overlook that. I wonder if they will make him dumb for story purposes because they need him to keep the watch. So far, he has shown to be smart, so it would be disappointing. 

The dog is cute, but I hope they don't kill it. I am just assuming the crazy CEO uses it as an attack dog sometimes. Also, how long ago was WI's father framed? If the CEO took over after the company fell that it can't be that long ago. If they are going by his real life age he is 27. 

I'm going to bet that the scary mom is also behind Do Bae-man's parent's death. Even when they showed the accident it looked like that truck was aiming at them. Unless there is another bad guy we have not seen yet. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I'm going to bet that the scary mom is also behind Do Bae-man's parent's death. Even when they showed the accident it looked like that truck was aiming at them. Unless there is another bad guy we have not seen yet. 

Yep, and I suppose it was no ordinary accident.

His parents looked at each other when the phone rang and the call was from Chairman.

I wonder who it is.

Baeman and his precious watch...   :D

FM0AzVQaIAA4ozb?format=jpg&name=360x360

%EC%B0%A8%EC%9A%B0%EC%9D%B81.gif?type=w1

https://m.post.naver.com/my.naver?memberNo=29770009

• Blob 1

• rocher22 changed the title to [ Current drama 2022 ] Military Prosecutor Doberman
  • gm4queen changed the title to [Current drama 2022] Military Prosecutor Doberman - Mon & Tue @ 2230KST

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Military Prosecutor Doberman” has captivated viewers with just its first week!

“Military Prosecutor Doberman” is a drama about military prosecutors, starring Ahn Bo Hyun as Do Bae Man, a man who became a military prosecutor for money, and Jo Bo Ah as Cha Woo In, a woman who became a military prosecutor for revenge. Despite their different motives, the two join forces to rip out the roots of evil in the military.

The drama premiered on February 28 with strong ratings of 5.263 percent, the highest rated drama in its time slot of the night. The second episode, which aired on March 1, set a new personal best for the drama at 7.009 percent.

Here are three reasons why viewers are already hooked on the fast-paced legal action drama:

Spoilers

The birth of a new genre

military-prosecutor-doberman1.jpeg

In just two episodes, “Military Prosecutor Doberman” established its own unique color and the birth of a genre that is different from the ones viewers had seen before. Although there have been countless legal dramas, this is the first drama to focus on cases that occur in the military court and the specific job of military prosecutors who handle those cases. Despite the unfamiliar setting, the drama is firmly grounded in realism and tells a compelling story that anyone can enjoy no matter their background.

Screenwriter Yoon Hyun Ho said, “I was excited to work on a project that was the first in Korea to be based on the military court, but when I started writing, I felt a lot of pressure. I approached the script like I was writing a historical drama, checking each scene for errors and accuracy.”

The drama also tackles head-on military issues that have recently been hot topics in the news, such as preferential treatment for certain soldiers. However, the drama portrays the world of the military in a humorous way, allowing viewers to approach the story in a way that’s easy for them to understand. As “Military Prosecutor Doberman” dives further into the world of military court cases, viewers can expect to see more of the interesting twists and turns of the new “military law drama” genre.

Complex characters, physical chemistry

Military-Prosecutor-Doberman3.jpeg

It goes without saying that the two major players behind the early success of “Military Prosecutor Doberman” are its two lead actors: Ahn Bo Hyun and Jo Bo Ah. Ahn Bo Hyun perfectly pulls off the role of Do Bae Man, who only cares about money, and Jo Bo Ah tackles a new kind of role for her as Cha Woo In, who chooses the path of a military prosecutor to get revenge. Other stand-out cast members include Oh Yeon Soo, who plays the tough villain Noh Hwa Young, Kim Young Min, who plays the ambitious lawyer Yong Moon Gu, and Kim Woo Seok, who plays the crazy, young, and rich company president Noh Tae Nam.

Ahn Bo Hyun shows his acting chops in portraying the moral ambiguity of Do Bae Man, who cannot be clearly labeled as evil or good. Jo Bo Ah shows her character’s ability to lie and disguise herself as she dons a red wig and adopts an alter ego. Another key point in the drama is the chemistry between these polar opposites—not just emotional chemistry but also their physical chemistry. At the end of episode 2, the two military prosecutors show off their fighting skills as they battle a gang that has been sent after Do Bae Man. Do Bae Man begins to suspect Cha Woo In is more than what she seems, while Cha Woo in sees the advantages in controlling him for her own ends.

A fun blend of action and comedy

Spoiler

military-prosecutor-doberman.png

As soon as “Military Prosecutor Doberman” aired, people nicknamed it the “time-flash” drama, for how fast the time goes by when you’re watching. The dynamic story keeps viewers hooked from start to finish by never slowing down its pace. In just two episodes, Do Bae Man and Cha Woo In’s histories are clearly revealed, and cases like preferential treatment and illegal filming are handled quickly without frustrating viewers by dragging out scenes.

The drama also draws viewers in to the unfamiliar genre of “military law” by satisfying their senses. It uses energetic, fast-paced action scenes to get rid of bad guys, particularly to create forceful endings. In episode 1, Cha Woo In puts on a red wig and uses her bare hands to take down an idol named Allen (Park Sang Nam) and his friends, who are guilty of illegal filming and distributing the footage. In episode 2, Do Bae Man and Cha Woo In showed their physical chemistry and partnership by fighting back against the gang together. Cha Woo In uses the car wipers in a creative way during the fight, while the background music adds an exciting rhythm that raises viewers’ heartbeats during the scene.

There are also comedic notes sprinkled throughout the drama. Although the subject matter could easily become too dark, the script lightens the overall tone with wit and comedy, keeping viewers interested in what happens next.

What did you think of the first two episodes?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1515868wpp/3-reasons-why-military-prosecutor-doberman-already-has-viewers-hooked

• Blob 1