[Drama 2022] A Secret House, 비밀의 집

0ly40

I still have to catch up on watching the latest episode, but I just wanted to point out multiple people here have been wrongly calling the SL the name Tae Yang, but his name is actually Tae Hyung, lol.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Ayame said:

I still have to catch up on watching the latest episode, but I just wanted to point out multiple people here have been wrongly calling the SL the name Tae Yang, but his name is actually Tae Hyung, lol.

Thanks for the correction, edited my post :)

• Like 2

okay evil pearl clutching omma needs to take a break -- she is way too involved in her pathetic son's life. am guessing tae hyung is not very good if he needs omma's help in paving the path for him and destroying all his competitors. so when things start burning down, he won't know what to do by himself except make things worse. so what happened to the dad? did he die? 

2 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

And finally, we are introduced to TY's sister, Nam Tae Hee, a quiet lady who get "bullied" by both her Omma and TY. She also started late at the medical school and so far, she only looked miserable.

If she is to become the villain in this show (as indicated in the wikipedia) , she needs to be more convincing!

don't think she is a typical villain -- more like the enemy of my enemy is my friend types. think she and ji hwan will team up to bring down the mother-son duo. am guessing that she is not biologically related to them because they treat her like garbage and keep deriding her. evil omma only has a picture of herself, tae hyung and dad -- no picture with tae hee. however, it is clear from her interactions with chairman, she isn't that stupid. maybe she is not smart as in typical studies to become a doctor but she has other type of smarts such as observation that she will survive... 

• Like 6

@Ayame lol I didn't even realize people thought TaeHyung was named TaeYang. I thought they were talking about someone/something else!

--------

Has this drama really only been on a week? Today's episode had me wondering if they aired the wrong one :lol: It just seems like so much happened in such a short time. I thought the time jump would be the end of next week, but they jammed so much into this one episode. 

I suspected that the hospital phone call was because of JiHwan's sister... but yikes. That baby came way faster than I expected. Awkward. 

With the sudden time jump I feel like we were robbed of seeing JiHwan take care of the baby. I would have loved to see him struggle a bit before the jump. Maybe they'll give us flashbacks to that time. I hope so. 

That is one precocious child, hope nothing bad happens to her.

I certainly hope they aren't half brothers. What does that make Ji Hwan's big sister? Is her father someone else?

I personally hope it turns out Tae Hyung is an "illegitimate" son that his mom had with someone else or it quickly turns rather icky in a way I don't believe they would go.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

There's a time jump of 9 years in the middle of Episode 5? Wow....that's fast!

So now JH has a 9-years old to take care of....where's the sister? She ran away and never back?

yea, it looks like she ran off "to collect her thoughts" but never came back. poor thing, not sure why he claimed to be the father instead of uncle. guess he wanted to protect the sister?

17 hours ago, knkg said:

That is one precocious child, hope nothing bad happens to her.

I certainly hope they aren't half brothers. What does that make Ji Hwan's big sister? Is her father someone else?

I personally hope it turns out Tae Hyung is an "illegitimate" son that his mom had with someone else or it quickly turns rather icky in a way I don't believe they would go.

the relationships are confusing. she called tae hyung oppa and ji hwan calls her noona. assumed that tae hyung and ji hwan are around the same age as they are half-brothers but guess not??? guess we will have to wait for future episodes to get the details on who is who. am more curious about tae hyung's sister, tae hee. how does she fit into all this... 

19 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I so believe that the two ML's are brothers or half brothers.

Oh wow a time jump already 9 years wow.

yea I wasn't expecting a time jump already either. it is sad the mom is missing for 9 years and because of that, ji hwan's life has come to a standstill. rather than be the star he was meant to be, tae hyung has stolen that life in a sense. so yea, it will be interesting to see how ji hwan finds out tae hyung and his mom are responsible....

9 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

this bad habit of his will catch up with him at the end 

yea, it will! tae hyung does not have as much talent or star power. hence, he keeps stealing from ji hwan whenever the opportunity strikes. ... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the relationships are confusing. she called tae hyung oppa and ji hwan calls her noona. assumed that tae hyung and ji hwan are around the same age as they are half-brothers but guess not??? guess we will have to wait for future episodes to get the details on who is who. am more curious about tae hyung's sister, tae hee. how does she fit into all this... 

My guess it's just that Ji Hwan's sister is older than both and just likes to call whoever she's with 'oppa'. Was watching a variety show a couple of weeks back and the focus-person's husband called her noona despite being 8 years older than her.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea I wasn't expecting a time jump already either. it is sad the mom is missing for 9 years and because of that, ji hwan's life has come to a standstill. rather than be the star he was meant to be, tae hyung has stolen that life in a sense. so yea, it will be interesting to see how ji hwan finds out tae hyung and his mom are responsible....

Yeah that is so heart breaking. He kinda did yeah, yes it will be eh.

• Like 4

On 4/17/2022 at 12:26 AM, Lmangla said:

yea, it looks like she ran off "to collect her thoughts" but never came back. poor thing, not sure why he claimed to be the father instead of uncle. guess he wanted to protect the sister?

I think it's not only to protect the sister, but to protect Sol. JiHwan comes across as a really caring person. I don't think he would want Sol to grow up knowing that her mother abandoned her. Raising her as his daughter would protect her from knowing that. 

11 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I think it's not only to protect the sister, but to protect Sol. JiHwan comes across as a really caring person. I don't think he would want Sol to grow up knowing that her mother abandoned her. Raising her as his daughter would protect her from knowing that. 

That is what I have been thinking as well @CupcakeEonni.

• Like 8

Ratings for dramas will likely be strange this week. Korea just opened up fully. There is no longer a COVID curfew or a limit to gatherings... so people are going to be eating out and drinking like there's no tomorrow :lol:

I'm glad that JuHong didn't run off when he brought home Sol. It's nice to see that she stuck around and is close enough to him to have Sol call her eonni. He sacrificed so much to protect Sol. It's easy to see how loved she is. 

Part of me wants the sister to stay away, and another part wants her to come back and ruin TaeHyung's reputation. He's had it way too easy these past few years. 

3 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I'm glad that JuHong didn't run off when he brought home Sol. It's nice to see that she stuck around and is close enough to him to have Sol call her eonni. He sacrificed so much to protect Sol. It's easy to see how loved she is. 

Part of me wants the sister to stay away, and another part wants her to come back and ruin TaeHyung's reputation. He's had it way too easy these past few years. 

Agreed with this, Sol's health worries me though. Don't think Ji Hwan's mother's condition and situation is enough for him to go berserk on Tae Hyung and TH's mom.

• Like 5