[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

tumblr-f8945217d41905494d912b37a09c5ae3-

hello everyone. :D enjoying it so far. I hope this turns out to be light and heartwarming. so, the Maknae couple are still not coming clean with their plan? it'll be worse when it comes out. I loved Mirae and Hyun Jae's interactions today. still need to wait for their clafification to understand how they were saying though. Hyun Jae seems ready to call it quits with Yoon Jae after he failed to introduce her to his brother's girlfriend. and it also seems like she got an offer from Ms Sum about another dating show? I love how Hae Jun reacts to his natural teasing. the evident which he's falling deeper for her. we're very excited about the preview but trying not to hope to much because, honestly, the preview all end up being misleading. Grandpa will meet his daughter. when do you think that'll come out? :D

source: 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

What happened with Yuna and Soojae today?

Episode 18 Preview
After she finished singing, Hyun-jae introduces the Mirae to the writer Eugene, whom she met by chance, and greets them together.
On the other hand, Yoon-jae feels slightly anxious at Hae-jun's words that his heart is colder than before.

• Like 1

Soojae and Yuna don't seem to be a lot of important scenes in this episode. Seeing that they made zero appearance in the preview, if today's episode does not end with the Yoonjae-Haejun kiss scene (though this is more likely with Soojae-Yuna as example previously), it could be a Soojae-Yuna bomb so that they don't reveal too much in the preview. Of course, an even smaller possibility would be a Hyunjae-Mirae bomb.

It looks like Yoonjae and Haejun will go official after this, but of course, we have all been misled before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG it looks the lawyer and Min Suk will kiss tomorrow ahh.

I’m hoping they do kiss!! I won’t be able to deal if they’re fooling us with that preview! 

loved Hyun Jae singing and reassuring MiRae! 

and I still can’t understand what soo kae and Yoo na are waiting for to come clean! 

2 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I’m hoping they do kiss!! I won’t be able to deal if they’re fooling us with that preview! 

loved Hyun Jae singing and reassuring MiRae! 

and I still can’t understand what soo kae and Yoo na are waiting for to come clean! 

I am hoping the kiss is not a fake out as well.

Love was amazing loved that scene.

Yeah they should come clean it will help in the long run.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am hoping the kiss is not a fake out as well.

I'm thinking even if they kiss, that's going to be the last scene and we'll be left hanging until next sat!!! Though it seems maybe they're headed to HaeJun's place?! :popcornjackson:

Now, I forgot to mentions how much I loved that whole Hyun Jae - Hae Jun banter about the boyfriend! Why are they also so funny!?!

Episode 19 Preview
Yoonjae and Haejun kissed each other while confirming their feelings for each other. They end the flirting and begin a real love affair.
On the other hand, when she started dating Yoon-jae following the Hyunjae, her heart was impatient, Soo-jae rushes to take over the gym...

• Like 2

The ratings are very mediocre when it's really a good non kooky family-oriented show. And although it may be tiring for some to read this comment, chemistry matters and I don't care how many times haggard lawyer lady kisses and gets with the male lead, they do not have any chemistry and the ratings show it. They should seriously start thinking about recasting her now or they are going to stay in the low 20s. That ship that the minority is shipping is going to continue to ship down these ratings to about 15%. How does a drama go from 25% down to 20% with no major increase when Haggard lawyer lady couple finally has a nauseating kiss???

Stop!

Lauren Lake No GIF by Lauren Lake's Paternity Court

What i love about #ItsBeautifulNow is that it doesnt make me anxious about what will happen in the next episodes. I just enjoy the show without worrying. And im always excited and happy while watching. 

I love it!! i love it!! 

YSY was right, this drama is like a gift to us.

The ratings is quite mediocre bcs this kind of drama is not everyones cup of tea. So its okay. 

People in SK enjoy makjang a lot so if  people dont like Its Beautiful Now bcs its not makjang, then its their choice. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

On 5/29/2022 at 8:23 AM, sungyoliw said:

What i love about #ItsBeautifulNow is that it doesnt make me anxious about what will happen in the next episodes. I just enjoy the show without worrying. And im always excited and happy while watching. 

I love it!! i love it!! 

YSY was right, this drama is like a gift to us.

The ratings is quite mediocre bcs this kind of drama is not everyones cup of tea. So its okay. 

People in SK enjoy makjang a lot so if  people dont like Its Beautiful Now bcs its not makjang, then its their choice. 

I disagree. There have been plenty of family dramas that are not Makjang on the weekends that ratings was very great and went through the roof; Once Again is one of them. And I personally believe that the couple that most message boards of shipping is the one that's causing the ratings to drop which is Haggard lawyer lady. Another reason is the horrible hair for two of the female leads which includes Haggard lawyer lady. Another reason is because mirei the other actress that plays her voice is irritating. I personally don't like when actresses talk to through their nose and try to do that baby talk. It's just aggravating. It is as I said before, KBS trying to beat down the patriarchy by having these women wardrobe look ugly and unfeminine. Women can be feminine and classy.  It is like they're using the same wardrobe stylist they had for the last train wreck of a show which is the Gentleman and Young Lady that had their leading lady wearing a garbage bag for her Wedding Dress. The actress that plays Mi Rae maybe she should shave her unibrow unless the role actually requires for her to have a unibrow or maybe it's just her bangs that is making it look like she has a unibrow. And although I'm more tolerable towards the second couple, Mi Rae is just dull as a dish rag.

They actually have two hot and I mean hot male leads that only look better the older they get and they can't pull ratings??? It's starting to look like the couples. And even though Oh Min Suk gained some weight in his face and forehead is bigger than usual, he is still hot. 

I used to complain more about male leaders than I do female leads but the female leads (save one) in this drama do not have chemistry or looks that shine through for the television. I'm not saying they have to be Gagnam beauties, if you going to have them standing next to very attractive men, there should be something about them that is complimentary. The actress that plays haggard lawyer lady Jaws are too long and Droopy and her mouth is unattractive which may not be as noticeable if they styled her hair different. If her hair was different, she would not be looking like a chipmunk as much. I saw her on another drama a couple years ago and her cheeks were just as droopy and but plump like a chipmunk but it wasn't as noticeable because she wore a bob hairstyle and it kind of gave her a little Flare. The bob hairstyle I'm talking about it's not on Doctor John, but another drama because she looked worst with the short bobs and bangs. Her Bob needs to be end of the neck lift with no bangs to distract away from them dog on puffy droopy jaws. On that drama she was not the main lead but she was a semi evil sidekick though I wasn't spending the whole drama complaining about her face. I'm complaining about her face a lot on this drama. A good stylist...because this character is supposed to be stylish even though she's old as dirt, but a good stylist would change her hair up in the attempt to bring out more of her attractive features which I'm having a difficult time finding because the actual character she playing is a desperate Haggard lady. And even with that, she looks like his mother. Actually, the actress that plays his mother and haggard lawyer lady only look like they're about 7 years apart. She is not attractive. I think her new name for me will be JAWS!

I am more interested in the elderly people in this drama because they're having all the fun and is actually developing a promising storyline with the Lost daughter. It is still a million times better than that last train wreck of a show that  just ended .

When I watched the ep18 preview yesterday, I thought that maybe nothing big will happen for ep18 except for Yoonjae and Haejun's kiss. Then, I watched the broadcast today and that really happened. This episode feels like they are putting plot points here and there to build up to a future conflict. This week's episodes feel like they may wear the audience's patience thin with how slow they went this week.

Written preview: Is Soojae's gym scam finally going to happen next week? They may just drag another week for all we know. I am just surprised that his friend can afford to wait this long for the rest of the payment.

Video preview: (I would need translation to know exactly what are they saying) A few points:

1. Are they really starting the father-daughter search drama this soon? We are not even at the halfway mark. If they are going to let this drama drag till the last few episodes, the viewers may really get tired of it. If they are going to resolve this earlier, I cannot think of something else bigger for them to end the drama on.

2. Why is Yujin in Yoonjae's office now? Is she changing her target? It feels like her character is all over the place lol. Is Yujin's appearance just to trigger Mirae's jealousy? It feels like she's having no effect on Hyunjae (so why bother having the few scenes with him now). With the number of episodes that is predicted to be left for her, I don't think she will ever do anything significant to Hyunjae with this plot progression pace. The two writers seem to be doing more in the Haejun-Yoonjae plot compared to the Hyunjae-Mirae plot now.

3. After seeing Soojung's "sanity" slowly breaking over many weeks (episodes), Mirae seems to be the last straw for Soojung somehow? I found it after watching the episodes, but do Soojung's children know that she's adopted? I saw that Hyunjae told Mirae his father is adopted. Is Mirae trying to do the same and triggered Soojung when she mentioned it?

On a side note, I am surprised that Yoonjae's blind date made another appearance today even though they already thanked her in the ending credits before. Does this mean that Youngeun may make another appearance again?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I'm thinking even if they kiss, that's going to be the last scene and we'll be left hanging until next sat!!! Though it seems maybe they're headed to HaeJun's place?! 

Now, I forgot to mentions how much I loved that whole Hyun Jae - Hae Jun banter about the boyfriend! Why are they also so funny!?!

I am so glad we show the kisses but that is where it stopped after the 2nd one.

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am so glad we show the kisses but that is where it stopped after the 2nd one.

I am glad we got those and not that they cut the scene BEFORE those!!!

:D

Btw, I can't get over Yoon Jae really being called "Dolt" in elementary school!!! :hwaiting2:

• Awesome 1

After the subs came out, the preview doesn't look that serious. It seems more likely that they won't go deep into the father-daughter drama next week.

Soojung disliking Hyunjae more really came out of nowhere though (I'm not sure how they edited this preview). It will be hard to believe if the reason was that Hyunjae's father was adopted (given her own situation). After so many scenes with Soojung, the feeling I get is that her other family members rarely look out for her after the failed attempt to bring her mother to the house. Jinheon has to do a balancing act between his mother and wife so he cannot say much. Soojung's children are preoccupied with other matters. Soojung does not have much emotional support with her mother's matters troubling her (add on the hinted health problems for her mother). Jungja is in a similar situation with these family members but she now has a outdoor pastime with friends and does not have an ailing mother. Soojung sounded really cold at the end. Mirae may have really said something that she shouldn't.

If there's going to be a love triangle for Soojae-Yuna, the script is definitely taking its time to start on it. There's nothing much to hint at one starting in that preview.

As for Hyunjae-Mirae, I have to say I am troubled with the plot progression. Everytime a small event happens, it seems that they will move on from it even though the problem was not resolved fully. It looks like another small event with talking next week, unless the director is leaving out "juicy" Yujin interference deliberately out of the preview. However, with how "simply evil" Yujin has been potrayed so far (love-oriented and scheming) with so little screentime, the impact will feel mediocre. How will the viewers buy it if Hyunjae leans towards Yujin somehow or another all of a sudden? Unless Hyunjae's meeting with Yujin next week goes beyond a few lines, with Yujin showing a side we have not seen yet, the addition of Yujin to the story will really feel meaningless. You could always let the character go more aggressively with fewer appearances to incur Mirae's jealousy and make Hyunjae draw the line faster. Haiz, this feels like a waste of screentime and the actress' time and skill to potray an one-dimensional character for so long. Youngeun's appearance felt like she did more with less time lol.

And after one week, we should be back to the usual weekly romcom routine with Haejun-Yoonjae.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lyd89 said:

Soojung disliking Hyunjae more really came out of nowhere though (I'm not sure how they edited this preview). It will be hard to believe if the reason was that Hyunjae's father was adopted (given her own situation). After so many scenes with Soojung, the feeling I get is that her other family members rarely look out for her after the failed attempt to bring her mother to the house. Jinheon has to do a balancing act between his mother and wife so he cannot say much. Soojung's children are preoccupied with other matters. Soojung does not have much emotional support with her mother's matters troubling her

I don't see it that way. She keeps hinting her dislike to him or rather to MiRae getting so involved with someone so soon after that marriage disaster. The fact that Hyun Jae is her divorce lawyer is also a problem. As for Soo Jungs situation with the family...I expect a full blown meltdown from her. Tbh, her marriage is not as idiyllic as they showed. Her husband is really letting his mother make SooJungs life more complicated and her constant praises about SJung's family background are getting worse. 

19 hours ago, lyd89 said:

If there's going to be a love triangle for Soojae-Yuna, the script is definitely taking its time to start on it. There's nothing much to hint at one starting in that preview.

I think that's about to start. MiRae's brother looked a little too happy talking to his father about the friend who gave him the scone. But, I'm thinking that SooJae might let his own insecurities push things out of hand.

I liked how MiRae and Hyun Jae progressed this last couple of episodes but I fear that their relationship will be bombarded with these little issues that are going to make their path less than happy. I mean, they already are going to be facing the big issue of them being related, so this mess with the insistent writer is just ugh!

HaeJun and Yoon Jae will probably have a setback bc of her lie to the tv producer and now the posibility of them both participating in another dating show, but I don't expect them to take more then a couple of eps on that. 

I wonder how the writers are planning on dealing with the marriage race because imo it does not seem like it's going to hold the drama until the end. Do you guys think these couples will start marrying towards the middle of the drama or only at the end? 

Btw, this IG post from Shin Dong Mi's husband had me :D :D:D 

I don't know how wasy it can be for a partner to watch these kind of scenes on tv.