[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Kim Bum, a dizzying underwater scene

news-p.v1.20230514.ca8d379ea1dc45e0b5e34

Kim Beom completed the underwater scene after hard work. On the 14th, King Kong by Starship is Kim Beom-eui, who plays the role of 'Rang', a half-human, half-fox born between a human and a gumiho, in the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (Director Kang Shin-hyo, script Han Woo-ri, production Studio Dragon How Pictures). Several behind-the-scenes stills were released.

In the last 3 episodes, Rang fell into a well and faced a big crisis. He gradually lost consciousness in the heavy breathing of the rising water, raising his tension. Fortunately, with the help of the mermaid Jang Yeo-hee (Woo Hyun-jin), he was able to save his life, and at that moment, the 'grace ring' possessed by the nine-tailed fox, who must repay the favor, sparkled in Lee Rang's hand, making people curious about the future development.

Among them, in the released photos, Kim Beom is showing off his perfect visual even while shooting underwater. In particular, his wet hair and exposed features arouse admiration from viewers. Not only that, he does not lose his bright smile despite the high level of difficulty in which his body is tied up, which makes us guess the friendly atmosphere of the scene.

In the following photos, Kim Beom is concentrating on the monitor with eyes that seem to be sucked in. It is said that at the filming site that day, not only did he ensure safety with the help of experts, but he also meticulously practiced each movement with Hwang-hee (played by Gu Shin-ju) to improve the perfection of the scene.

In this way, Kim Bum digested various scenes and added spectacle to the fantasy world of 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938'. In addition to his intense eyes and facial expressions, even his behavior, such as crouching down and sleeping, was perfectly integrated into the character of the nine-tailed fox in the play. Here, the underwater fantasy presented by Kim Bum doubled the richness of the play, from urgency to romance. As a result, attention is focused on another story that Kim Bum will draw through 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' in the future.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202305141427003&sec_id=540201

• Like 1

Episode 4 was slow but we found out some information. Mu Young wants save his brother and wants revenge on Lee Yeon. It was not to save Hong Joo but to bring back from the dead his brother? Strange but at least that could explain why he came to the past. To find the item that could bring up the dead who was lost in those times.

Half the episode we saw Lee Yeon, Lee Rang and Shin joo rise the baby girl. Very cute baby!

Hong Joo find Lee Yeon from her times. I know someone else who will want the stone. Hong Joo.

I like the conversation between Hong Joo and Taluipa`s husband and Hong Joo and Mu young and her bodyguard. We saw the vulnerable sides of her.

Shin Joo is becoming involved little by little with Eun ho`s movement. Lee yeon will meet Kato Ryuhei next episode.

From what do I know, Lee Rang was never a deity. He has powers as he is a mythical creature.

I also like the past stories in this season. I found out that they were trained to become mountain gods, they were chosen by Taluipa. Taluipa`s husband said that Lee Yeon, Hong Joo and Mu young were raised by them. They did not mention the fouth mountain god. Maybe he became later a deity.

Hong Joo has a very strong physical powers. And she can`t get drunk as we could saw in the 3rd episode. :D They mentioned in the character description (I remember reading about it) that she sees things very quickly, the details, her perceptions are very good. Perhaps because owls have extraordinary night vision, especially at night.

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon's doubts about the red-and-white mask "The thing that's testing me"

22173085-ae4a-4cf5-97a3-0d9a0f982ab3.jpe

607058cf-e47d-442a-bba8-486f2c01ca84.jpe

1f88f9ed-7fd6-4ee9-9bb9-d6855dae9047.jpe

Spoiler

9f331da8-0bb2-4eae-8659-44239f0b94be.jpe

In the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', which aired on the 14th, Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon) and Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook) were drawn asking each other questions.

Ryu Hong-ju said he had a question, and decided to ask each other three questions, and the two promised to take off one by one if they could not answer the question. As the first question, Ryu Hong-joo asked, “Do you remember the day we first met?” To which Lee Yeon thought she was testing herself.

After that, he said, “Yuna, I will keep that promise,” and promised to die at each other’s hands even if we die if we break the promise. As for the last question, he asked, “What am I to you?” and Lee Yeon replied, “I can’t answer the question you want. I can't cheat you to get you on my side."

Yi-yeon asked, “Does he know me in the red and white mask?” but Ryu Hong-ju lowered his sleeves and did not answer, and Yi-yeon hurriedly left. Meanwhile, the tvN drama ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm on tvN.

https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/382028

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 4 :).

“Doctor Cha” Overtakes “Itaewon Class” To Become 4th Highest-Rated Drama In JTBC History

“Doctor Cha” Overtakes “Itaewon Class” To Become 4th Highest-Rated Drama In JTBC History

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938″—the new sequel to Lee Dong Wook‘s hit 2020 drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed“—rose to an average nationwide rating of 6.7 percent for its fourth episode, which took first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1587236wpp/doctor-cha-overtakes-itaewon-class-to-become-4th-highest-rated-drama-in-jtbc-history

• Like 1

17 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, Hong Joo could be around in 2020 or not. I believe she died in 1938 and that`s why Mu young came in the past. I think she fought Japanese monster all by herself and because she did not have help, she lost her life. But If I am wrong, the better. I hope Hong Joo is well.

Unless there is another reason why he came to 1938, I don`t believe he came to 1938 to revenge his brother. Mu Young could have killed Lee Yeon in 2020 and it was easier for him, without complication of stealing the guardian stone.

Ah…. Could Mu Young be trying to use the magical ruler to resurrect Hong Joo? I think the story will go a different direction because Mu Young’s interactions with HJ so far don’t seem like he’s desperate enough for something like that, but it makes you think. 

Ep 4 was very fun (for me)!! Can’t believe Rang made a baby drink alcohol smh. We got a peek into how Yeon would be as a dad, LOL, when he said he wants Mi Ho to get into SNU. The bubble fight at the end was hilarious. 

HJ’s right hand man, does he have feelings for her?

• Like 1

I hope that MY will stop attacking LR. 

I assume MY wants to revive his brother.  LY can also come up with the idea of reviving LR in the future. :unsure:

I  liked how HJ realized on her own that MY and LY are different...She is smart and capable. 

Its a bit sad that none of them even wanted to be a mountain deity. Everyone was forced in some way, although

Im not sure about LY.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, panappuru said:

Ah…. Could Mu Young be trying to use the magical ruler to resurrect Hong Joo? I think the story will go a different direction because Mu Young’s interactions with HJ so far don’t seem like he’s desperate enough for something like that, but it makes you think.

It was confirmed by Mu young that he wants to revive his brother. I like that indeed he had another mission in the past and the revenge was aditional but I am not sure I like the revival explanation. He could have gone to the past to prevent his brother' s death because he had the stone. It would have been more logical to do. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, panappuru said:

HJ’s right hand man, does he have feelings for her?

He is very loyal. I guess he has feelings for her. Maybe it is not romabtic feelings but he will do everyting to protect her. I am sad to know he will die. 

9 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Its a bit sad that none of them even wanted to be a mountain deity. Everyone was forced in some way, although

Im not sure about LY.

Yes. It is sad. They did not have a childhood without worries. Mu young wanted to be just a doctor. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, larus said:

It was confirmed by Mu young that he wants to revive his brother. I like that indeed he had another mission in the past and the revenge was aditional but I am not sure I like the revival explanation. He could have gone to the past to prevent his brother' s death because he had the stone. It would have been more logical to do. 

Damn, I missed that. That’s pretty dumb if that’s the plot, ngl. Even so, wouldn’t his brother’s corpse have decomposed beyond the ability to measure it with a magical ruler? Edit: Although… I guess he’s probably buried in a way that preserves him… :S 

Also, I wonder if MY will end up truly dying in this season like LR did in season one. Both committed crimes against humans (MY even more so now with his zombies, after de-stoning), and by drama logic/season one logic, he might atone or redeem his character by sacrificing himself. 

I also wonder about LR’s bandits, like where did they go in season one? They’re not humans, they’re wolves, so they could’ve been still alive unless these types of wolves don’t have long lives like the foxes do. 

17 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I  liked how HJ realized on her own that MY and LY are different...She is smart and capable. 

True! Both HJ and LR questioned LY’s character, but only HJ pursued it. 

• Like 1

I dont like the revive plot...   :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, panappuru said:

I also wonder about LR’s bandits, like where did they go in season one? They’re not humans, they’re wolves, so they could’ve been still alive unless these types of wolves don’t have long lives like the foxes do. 

yes, many things cannot be explained... I will try to watch this season separately from the S1.

12 hours ago, panappuru said:

True! Both HJ and LR questioned LY’s character, but only HJ pursued it. 

I think LR is just happy that his big brother is there with him.  Although I expected him to steal the phone from LY.  :D

FwQgQMQaQAU8-7V?format=jpg&name=360x360

FwQeguDaMAIWL-G?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, kboramint said:

Also, Hong-Joo busting out the buster sword out of nowhere was pretty cool.  Has this show become more cartoonish compared to Season 1? The fight scenes are so over the top. 

I feel its more inspired by movies like Zorro/Wild Wild West / Hollywood movies , it is a bit less scary and cartoonish I agree.

Also Lee Rang ...he is kind of useless this season....no point with him or shinju taking the plot forward...

Shinu might still be imp with Yuri/EunHo's meddling but overall I dont see the impact.

Now we have a mermaid lover of Rang who can change lovers if they dont love her back...looking at the trailers this is what makes Rang brutal in next few years I see.

As per granny 1938 nothing changes in 1938 even if Yeon meddles, then how is there a cute fortune baby, Rang's mysterious lover,  and those events which may leave impact on 2020. If that is the case most characters may end up dying except Rang, but then shouldnt Rang know his 1938 brother was good to him, why be evil in 2020...aigooo aigoooo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

As per granny 1938 nothing changes in 1938 even if Yeon meddles, then how is there a cute fortune baby, Rang's mysterious lover,  and those events which may leave impact on 2020. If that is the case most characters may end up dying except Rang, but then shouldnt Rang know his 1938 brother was good to him, why be evil in 2020...aigooo aigoooo

That`s why I don`t believe the words Taluipa said, because it is not logic here. It is impossible to not be a change in the future because of changing the past. Lee Rang did not have a lover in the past as Shin Joo 2020 confirmed in ep 4 (yeah, it is very hard to believe) but now he experienced romance. Plus, he has a good relationship with his brother (it doesn`t matter Lee Yeon is from 2020 and he will leave after a month.) But perhaps the writer wants to go with parallel universes theory of time travel. 

The explanation I had, is that she lied because she did not want to put an extra pressure on Lee Yeon and let him concentrate on the mission. She thought he will come back quickly back.

Lee Yeon and Shin joo is like being on vacation at Myoyeongak That`s the feeling I got. Maybe they will involve more in the independence movement. Shin joo already wants to be involved. Lee Yeon will meet Ryuhei Kato and I think they will coliide more in the future episodes.

• Like 2

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938: Episodes 3-4

by DaebakGrits

As our drama settles into its story, we learn more about our fox’s past and his connection to our antagonist, who continues to work in the shadows and from behind a mask. Meanwhile, the rest of the drama hasn’t seemed to figure out that there is a vengeful baddie on the loose because, intermixed with all the curses and murder attempts, there’s a bromance that continues to tickle our funny bones.

EPISODES 3-4

On paper, this drama reads like an absolute disaster with too many plot devices and seemingly no clear directive, but unlike a recent goblin-themed drama (if you know, you know), the execution of this particular story is an absolute delight. It’s all thanks to the characters and actors, whose enthusiasm for their respective roles permeates every scene — even when they are filling time in between demon slaying. It goes without saying, of course, that the bromance between Yeon and Rang has captured our attention — and our hearts — but the new characters that have been added this season are starting to pull their weight, too.

Take Hong-joo, for example. As much as I enjoyed her action packed introduction and marveled at her ability to wield a giant claymore and go toe-to-toe with Yeon on top of a moving train, I was a wee bit concerned that her obsessive personality and crush on Yeon would make her a bit, well, annoying. Instead, we open this week with not only a reminder that she’s an absolute badass capable of drinking a dozen men under the table, but with new insights into her character.

She’s fiercely loyal to those who are “on her side,” as demonstrated by her confrontation with the Japanese soldiers who torment one of the girls under her employ at Myoyeongak, and she swiftly disposes of their ringleader under the cloak of darkness even though she knows Taluipa will punish her for killing a human. Her protectiveness and willingness to fight for those in her care, however, puts her in a bit of a predicament because both Yeon and Moo-young are her childhood friends who trained with her to be mountain gods. And now that Moo-young wants to torture and kill Yeon, Hong-joo is finding it a bit hard to choose sides. But after getting rejected, once again, by Yeon (because he’s a fox who’s eternally loyal to his mate), Hong-joo becomes complicit in Moo-young’s latest attempt on Yeon’s life.

This time, Hong-joo’s weapon of choice is a saetani, a cursed spirit girl who renders Yeon blind after gazing into his eyes. (Soooooooo creepy. Legitimately, the stuff of nightmares.) Now, you might be thinking, why curse Yeon and not go for a more direct approach? Well, for starters, this gives our story another chance to feature some more brother bonding while Rang reluctantly helps Yeon navigate the world without his eyesight. And since Rang is very distrustful of this new, overly doting version of his big brother, his methods are a bit brutish — and highly amusing for those of us emotionally invested in this bromance.

The bonding moments between Yeon and Rang, however, are also fuel for Moo-young’s hatred. Their brotherly love serves as a reminder of Moo-young’s deceased older brother, and although the exact circumstances are still murky, Moo-young holds Yeon accountable for his brother’s death. And when it comes to enacting his revenge, Moo-young can’t simply kill Yeon and find closure. No, like a proper villain, he must ensure Yeon feels the same pain he felt when he lost his own beloved sibling.

And so, Moo-young weakened Yeon by stripping him of his eyesight. This provided Moo-young with the opportunity to kidnap Rang and Shin-joo and force Yeon to feel the same isolation and helplessness of not being able to save his beloved brother(s). Except, you know, Yeon is a total BAMF. He uses his wits and other senses to fight off the demons Hong-joo “invited” to Myoyeongak in order to delay Yeon from rescuing Rang and Shin-joo (who have been trussed and tossed in a well for a dramatically slow death).

After Yeon defeats the hoard of demons, Moo-young uses his bow and arrows to skillfully coax Yeon through the woods and push him towards the waiting saetani and, presumably, his demise. In a stroke of luck — or more likely fate — Yeon and the girl who would become the saetani have a tragic history. Before the saetani’s family sacrificed her to a shaman and left her to starve to death in a box, Yeon gifted her a bell and promised to grant her wish, but sometime shortly thereafter, Yeon lost Ah-reum and was stripped of his mountain god powers. Tragically, he was unable to hear the girl’s cries for help and save her.

In the present, he remembers the saetani’s real name and is able to break her curse, thus allowing her to reincarnate into a (hopefully) happier life. But once again, Yeon seemingly feels the weight and guilt of his former self-centeredness. Although he’s been keenly aware since Season 1 that his tragic love story with Ah-reum strained his relationship with his brother, he’s also seeing how those formally under his protection were harmed in the aftermath. There’s no time to wallow in his guilt, though, because Rang and Shin-joo are still in danger.

Actually, maybe there is time for Yeon to wallow in his guilt because, by the time Yeon arrives on the scene, Rang has already been rescued by JANG YEO-HEE (Woo Hyun-jin), a half-mermaid who has had hearts in her eyes ever since she met Rang and taught him how to tie a tie. (Me, too, Yeo-hee. Me, too.)

It’s obvious to everyone — but Rang — that Yeo-hee is smitten and determined to win Rang’s heart, and Yeon, who wants his brother to find happiness and companionship after he leaves, is single handedly blowing on the sails to make sure this ship leaves the harbor. Yeon and Shin-joo tease Rang mercilessly, and I nearly died from lack of oxygen when Yeon and Shin-joo paired up to enact a play-by-play of how they envisioned Rang’s forthcoming horse ride — totally a date — with Yeo-hee would go.

The actual date, however, is equally hilarious. For starters, Yeon and Shin-joo accurately predicted that Yeo-hee was eager for a back hug and some skinship, but instead of delivering on her romantic expectations, Rang taught her how to ride a horse (solo) and throw an ax. (Oh Rang, you’re such a tsundere.) To add insult to injury, he’d rather have her on his team of bandits than as his girlfriend. Not sure if he’s that clueless or if he’s so burned after being denied affection from Yeon when he was younger that he’s closed off any possibility of personal attachments. (Probably both.)

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/05/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-episodes-3-4/

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook X Kim So-yeon X Ryu Kyung-soo, this is the famous restaurant (Tale of a Gumiho)

image_readtop_2023_379502_16843133425473

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938' Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, and Ryu Kyung-soo captured the hearts of viewers with a 'sweet and salty' chemistry that is nowhere in the world.

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938' (directed by Kang Shin-hyo, screenplay by Han Woo-ri) is receiving enthusiastic reactions to the complicated and subtle love-hate narrative of the mountain gods Lee Yeon (played by Lee Dong-wook), Ryu Hong-ju (played by Kim So-yeon), and Chun Moo-yeong (played by Ryu Kyung-soo).

The three struggled to become mountain gods, relying on each other. The oath to protect each other no matter what happened was broken, but these relationships are still intricately intertwined. Lee Yeon and Cheon Moo-young, who met as “enemies” enough to point their blades at each other, and Ryu Hong-ju, who said they would not just watch the fight between the two friends, inevitably reunited in 1938.

While predicting the unpredictable development with a three-way face-to-face, we picked out the best chemistry scenes of 'Sanshins', which made viewers go crazy from the first appearance.

# “Long time no see, fox?” Ryu Hong-joo's sweet and bloody welcome to the unexpected landing in 1938 (episode 2)

Lee Yeon, who went to 1938 to retrieve the Guardian Stone, the barrier of the Samdocheon, was trapped in that era due to the hindrance of Hongbaek Tal. It was Ryu Hong-ju, an old friend, who appeared in front of him as he searched for a way to return to modern times. The giddy greeting of “Long time no see, fox” made even Lee Yeon, the world’s nine-tailed fox, frightened. Ryu Hong-joo prepared an extraordinary proposal with the most beautiful appearance in the world to welcome Lee Yeon, who has been waiting so long. However, Ryu Hong-joo's change of attitude, who took out a great sword in response to Yiyeon's refusal for a while, brought laughter. In particular, Ryu Hong-ju, the strongest of the four mountain gods, built a running train, and his fighting power was overwhelming. The sweet and bloody reunion that made the hunting of Lee Yeon and Ryu Hong-ju, who made an emergency landing in 1938 more dynamic, evoked enthusiastic responses from viewers.

# “It’s still fun to play with kites” Chun Moo-young’s surprise gift, hunting Yi-yeon in the middle of the night (Episode 3)

There was another friend waiting for a delay in 1938. Cheon Moo-young revealed her intense vengeance, saying that she would kill everything Yi-yeon held dear. He is also the one who brought Lee Yeon to 1938. Cheon Moo-yeong expressed his joy to his old friend Ryu Hong-ju, who realized that he was Hongbaek Tal, and drew a line saying that he was no longer the Cheon Mu-yeong of the past. Like a risky and precarious three-way encounter, the three friends who gathered their hands for each other in their childhood are now pointing their swords at each other. Cheon Moo-young puts Lee Yeon in danger by sending Saetani with a powerful curse. His cool face, chasing the blind Lee Yeon like a rabbit, made even the viewers sweat. At the moment of his desperate situation, Lee Yeon's counterattack, using his sword like a lightning rod, is a thrilling scene.

# “My choice is not over yet” Ryu Hong-joo’s bloody warning, sensing strangeness! The Thrilling Truth Game (Episode 4)

To Lee Yeon and Chun Moo-young, Ryu Hong-ju is the variable itself. Ryu Hong-joo did not hesitate to make a dizzying temptation to make Yi-yeon her own. She is an unpredictable figure who could always be a dangerous enemy for Lee Yeon. However, she did not stand on Chun Moo-young's side either. Rather, she showed her disappointment towards Chun Moo-young, who said she would take revenge on Yi-yeon for breaking his oath. She misses Lee Yeon and Cheon Moo-yeong more than anyone else, but Ryu Hong-joo, who intuitively senses the difference, is the most dangerous to the two friends. Therefore, the truth game with Lee Yeon, who decided to ask each other three questions, created a tense tension. When Lee Yeon asked if she was on the side of the red and white mask, Ryu Hong-joo issued a stern warning, saying, "My choice is not over yet." Ryu Hong-joo left for Manchuria, deciding to give Yi-yeon another chance because she remembers the memories of the snake strawberry that he gave her as a gift, saying that it will make her forget all the hardships of her childhood. There, she witnessed with his own eyes the fact that there was a delay in 1938, and attention was focused on what choice she would make.

tvN’s Saturday and Sunday drama ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 PM. [Reporter Shin Young-eun, Star Today]

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/05/379502/

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook, a nine-tailed fox who directs parenting... Full of 'Dad Smile'

ORSWGODUG5VJIK3OFLHN3ZYI7U.jpg

Actor Lee Dong-wook showed off his unique child-rearing skills while unveiling behind-the-scenes cuts from the shooting of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

On the 17th, Lee Dong-wook said, “I’m Lee Yeon. Hero of this era. But from now on, I will direct the childcare of Miho myself,” revealing a friendly two-shot with the baby who appeared as Miho in the play. In the photo, Lee Dong-wook is seen hugging a baby.

In particular, Lee Dong-wook captured the attention by revealing the aspect of a friendly uncle who played hard after adjusting the baby's eye level so that the baby would not be bored. In response, actor Kim Yong-ji, who is appearing together, left, “Dong Wook-seong, force the second generation!!!”, and netizens also said, “I miss Lee Yeon’s mother”, “I want to be that baby too”, “What is the combination of a cute baby and a handsome nine-tailed fox?” and various reactions.

Meanwhile, Lee Dong-wook is playing the role of Lee Yeon in the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' and is performing passionately. ‘Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ is a K-fantasy action drama about Lee Yeon, a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in 1938 to return to the modern age, and is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm.

Spoiler

Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum with the baby girl

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsVhxt0pWa8/