[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

Child actress Joo Ye Rim wrote on Instagram after Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 has ended:

I was really grateful to be able to be with the best actors in a warm setting.

On a hot day, on a cold day, all the staff and actors Thank you so much for your hard work

Goodbye #The Tale of a Gumiho 1938

195140eeb5256183533729fc08baa30de5c5bd92

154ca99ab232bd4a235c9427bbfd9707f882cf01

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtZWUrtSpx5/

I like the girls. I wish there were more scene with them and Hong Joo together.

The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ Woo Hyun-jin “The first love god and underwater god… It was fierce every moment” [Issue Star]

20230702511589.jpg

If Yeo-hee from ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ were in real life, would it look like this? Woo Hyun-jin, whom she met for an interview at the end of the show, was bright, pleasant, and smart. With her big eyes, she honestly conveyed her emotions she felt while filming, and she clearly conveyed the direction she wanted to move forward.

Woo Hyun-jin took on the role of Jang Yeo-hee, a mermaid who works as a clerk at a luxury goods store by day and an anonymous singer by night in the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938’, which ended last month. Her first audition after meeting her agency was ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1928’. Woo Hyun-jin said, She started with an audition in the second half of 2021 and lived entirely as Jang Yeo-hee until filming last year.

After the show ended, Woo Hyun-jin, who met with Sports World, said, “Yeo-hee was so charming. She first thought that too many actors would want it,” she said of her first impression of the character. Woo Hyun-jin, who endured a period of perseverance and eventually won the role of Yeo-hee, did not let go of the 'string of hope' and waited and waited.

“Because Yeo-hee is a mermaid, I took a video while waiting for the audition results and learning to swim. Since there was no profile on the portal site, we prepared various specialties to promote. I exercised hard and recorded songs thinking that I would be able to show them someday. (Laughs)”

20230702511579.jpg

It was an unusually large role for a new actor. Woo Hyun-jin said, “It would be a lie if I said it wasn’t a burden. But rather than being a burden, I started thinking that I shouldn’t cause any pressure,” she answered honestly. This is because the main characters and production crew from Season 1 have been transferred as they are, and the responsibility of the newcomer is even greater.

The keyword I thought of for Yeo-hee was ‘outside the river’. Woo Hyun-jin, who said, “I wanted to show a strong side that can protect a man, not the end of the cheerfulness of a 20-year-old girl,” said Woo Hyun-jin, “I must have lived 200 years on land as a mermaid and suffered a lot and experienced a lot. Even so, she thought that her bright energy was due to her strength. I hoped that part would come out well in the scene with Lee Rang,” she said.

“Yeo-hee is a person who constantly and actively rushes forward. She wasn't trying to trick Rangi into doing anything, but since she herself had no dating experience, she thought it was important to have a quirky and innocent look like what she learned from magazines. She is older in the play, but in terms of human beings, she acted thinking that she was the same age as me.”

How did you understand and prepare for the historical drama, and moreover, the setting in the fantasy of ‘mermaid’? Woo Hyun-jin said, “I thought that just because I was on the set wearing the clothes of that era, I didn’t permeate the character. I wanted it to be as natural as mine even if I wore a mermaid outfit,” she said, adding, “I prepared horseback riding, swimming, and singing in advance.”

20230702511581.jpg

She also focused on recording practice for the scene where she sings on stage. She is a mermaid and singer who has lived in Gyeongseong. In a way, it was an effort to embody things that are natural for Yeo-hee. Yeo-hee's theme song was the OST 'Love Song' sung by singer Kei. Woo Hyun-jin said, “Kei-nim’s voice was almost the same as mine. It must have been an OST prepared for Yeo-hee, so I believed it and followed it. I thank you once again because Kei's voice seems to have reached the peak."

It was a seasonal work in which the narratives of Lee Dong-wook (played by Lee Yeon) and Kim Beom (played by Lee Rang), the main characters of season 1 of the popular 'Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox' aired in 2020, were continued. Newly joined characters such as Kim So-yeon (played by Ryu Hong-joo) and Woo Hyun-jin (played by Jang Yeo-hee) filled the story of the new era.

If the romance between Lee Yeon and Jia (Jo Bo-ah) in Season 1 was the main axis, Yeo-hee and Rang-rang were in charge of the romance narrative in ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’. Woo Hyun-jin focused on the opposite role. I learned the profile of Lee Rang, who is known online, and even watched all the making films released on the channel. He said, “The world view continues, but there was not much information about Lee Rang. Since there are many fans from last season, I raised my passion for learning with the thought that I should have quicker information than them.”

From the end of filming to the end of the drama. I feel relieved, but I am not satisfied. Still no regrets Woo Hyun-jin said, “The scene was new. There were many unexpected moments, and I was still lacking in quickness,” she said, looking back, saying, “I feel relieved that I was able to muster up a little more courage, that my fears became smaller and more intense.”

As much as he was in charge of the romance of the drama, there were many scenes of deep love. But it wasn't a burden because he was a loving god. This is because to Woo Hyun-jin, every scene was a ‘first’ and a ‘challenge’. Even the first shooting scene was an underwater scene like a mermaid. Even the words of the director, who said, "This is Yeo-hee's first debut," to her clinging to the iron bar before diving in, were deeply moved. Woo Hyun-jin said, “I was rather fortunate. It was the first time I had a love scene, an underwater scene, or at least an insert,” she smiled, saying, “There was no scene that wasn’t fierce.”

Beom Kim, who plays the role of Lee Rang, gave Woo Hyun-jin, who was not familiar with the scene, advice one by one, from camera movements to emotions. In addition, during the day, she worked as an employee at a boutique run by Gaksi Ureong, and worked long with Sujin Choi (playing Gaksi Ureong). Woo Hyun-jin said, “(Choi Su-jin) gave me a lot of support and warm words. She is a senior who has been in media and theater for a long time, so she gave a lot of good words on set. Even after the filming was over, we personally ate together, and I want to say thank you so much for giving me a lot of advice.”

Because it was a period drama with flashy styling, not many people usually recognize Woo Hyun-jin. Still, she said that she felt proud when her friend contacted her after watching the drama. “I think someone will notice. Even if it is not revealed to the world, I have been preparing for acting, so I thought that the word ‘nangjungjichu’ is not for nothing.”

It was an appearance that was not revealed (?) to her family. I waited for the first broadcast without revealing the work or role. “I was worried about the thought that I had to do well,” said Woo Hyun-jin, “I have more memories of the hectic passing than exciting and happy moments. My parents said they thought I was an extra,” she laughed.

She is an actor who is good at both Jeolla-do and Gyeongsang-do dialects. Although she spent her school days in Daegu, she grew up with his grandmother from Jeolla-do and speaks both dialects. The story of how she started acting was also quite interesting. There were many times when she was hurt by the gaze that concluded her desire to act as ‘I think she wants to go to Seoul’ or ‘I think she wants to be a celebrity’. She started dreaming of becoming an actress and even held a presentation to convince her parents. It was because she wanted to be recognized and show why she dreamed of becoming an actress, what kind of actress she wants to be, and that she is more serious about her acting than anyone else.

She said, “I thought, ‘I want to do something about people,’ and I thought about her future hopes. She said she was happy when someone helped me and smiled at me. It wasn’t a path I chose because there was a great story, but I think I finally got a strong conviction.”

It was such an opportunity. At the end of her teens, she came to Seoul, where she persevered and met ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ and Jang Yeo-hee. She said Woo Hyun-jin said, “The choice and decision are quick. I don't regret it, thinking that the training is entirely my responsibility. How can you always be good? I want to live a life where I am responsible for my choices,” she says.

She finished filming and until the drama ended. I feel relieved, but I am not satisfied. Still no regrets Woo Hyun-jin said, “The scene was new. There were many unexpected moments, and I was still lacking in quickness,” she said, looking back, “I feel relieved that I was able to muster up a little more courage, that my fears became smaller and more intense.”

Just as Yeo-hee cracked her egg and grew, Jin Woo-hyun, who played Yeo-hee, also grew through ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’. After completing the ‘real battle’, she learned and felt many things. The various colleagues she meets in the field and her wonderful seniors and juniors are her role models. “There are various people in the world, but I think each of them is doing their own thing with their own skills. There doesn't seem to be an answer. As a junior, I want to find my own way to learn and absorb well, and go according to the rules.”

As I have just taken my first step, the genres and characters I want to do are endless. Woo Hyun-jin said, “If 24-year-old Woo Hyun-jin was a woman, I wonder what a 25-year-old and 30-year-old Woo Hyun-jin would look like. I imagined that middle-aged Woo Hyun-jin would have a different look.” “If I could capture my best self at that moment. You can step out anywhere. If the opportunity arises, if I can only act, I want to try both performances and musicals.”

https://www.sportsworldi.com/newsView/20230702511592

[Interview] Full of confidence after meeting Yeo-hee Hyun-jin Woo “In the end, I do it myself” (‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’)

2023070306423702087d3244b4fed18217218513

Popular dramas have several box-office factors hidden. The development of the drama full of urgency, excellent performances by talented actors, and splendid sights make the work shine. Here, the delicate acting skills of the supporting actors account for a large proportion of the box office success of the play. Recently, the proportion of supporting actors is increasing to the extent that the phrase ‘supporting actors who shine brighter than the main actors’ has emerged.

In the recently ended tvN weekend drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', we met actor Woo Hyun-jin, who played the role of licorice and contributed to the rise in viewership ratings, and shared interesting stories.

Woo Hyun-jin was full of confidence. Her fresh smile, straight eyes, and soft tone were full of luster. When she was in high school, she dreamed of becoming an actress. She said, “I thought she started dreaming of becoming an actress when she was in high school, and I think it was when she was in middle school. She liked people and started her acting career. Her parents were against it at first. I heard that with these grades, you can get into a good university. Her parents said, ‘You are responsible for that,’ and she loved that part. After convincing her parents, she moved from Daegu to Seoul at the age of 18 and is living on her own. She graduated from a regular high school, but her entrance exam academy teacher told her about the Korea Arts School, and she is now enrolled in the Korean Arts School’s acting department.”

However, she seemed to be surprised even by herself as she had walked the path of an actress who was only vague about it without breaking away from it. “I think she needs to be willing to learn in the field of learning,” she says. Of course, there is also the responsibility of getting paid and doing the work. I also wonder if I am a person who can take responsibility. Learning never ends. She had a strong desire to go and see the scene. It is directly related to livelihood, but it would be a lie if I said there was no impatience. Through acting, she realized that I was not special, and that gave me solidity. I am responsible for my life.”

2023070306430207634d3244b4fed18217218513

Her first debut film, 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938' is the second season of 'The Tale of a Gumiho', which aired in 2020.

“I was thrilled to be able to fulfill her first dream as an actress with ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’. It's my first work, and I was worried about whether I could express the character as attractively as the script, but I'm thankful that you said that I permeated well as Yeo-hee. After passing the audition, I only told my parents that I got a job. You know, it was broadcast. After episode 1, the phone rang. I couldn't see my portion. When I came out, she turned her head.”

She has been running with her dream of becoming an actress since childhood, but Woo Hyun-jin was in no hurry. In the play, she played Jang Yeo-hee, who was born between a human and a mermaid who fell in love at first sight with Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum), who was born between a human and a nine-tailed fox, and goes straight ahead without hesitation.

“After receiving the script and liking the character, I think I was more nervous while auditioning. After passing the audition, I thought she would be very happy, but when she was casted for the first time, the first thing I thought was 'I need to wake up'. Rather than thinking of achieving something as Yeo-hee or trying to reach this point as an actress, ‘Let’s not put pressure on this team as much as possible’ was my whole goal. I had no experience, so I needed a mindset to blend in well. In addition, I prepared a lot to melt into the atmosphere of the scene and the setting as a woman, such as swimming, horseback riding, and singer. Yeo-hee's bright and positive energy. And I was attracted to the outer tube. It's like me.”

Woo Hyun-jin showed off her skills accumulated step by step while playing Jang Yeo-hee, who sang as an anonymous singer at a club during the day as a worker at a boutique during the day and at night as an unknown singer.

“The priority was to recognize the two settings of the Japanese colonial period and the mermaid. All gods mattered. With the help of the perfect staff, I was able to do well, from the first scene giving Rangi scales, underwater kissing, emotional interaction in the rain, and racing on the streets of Gyeongseong at night. I also thank the staff for allowing me to focus only on being Yeo-hee.”

Working with senior actors such as Kim Bum, Lee Dong-wook, and Hwang Hee, who wrote romance narratives together, suggested the way she should go in acting.
She said, “While it was glorious, I was worried that the charm of Yeo-hee, who has the instinct to go straight, might not come out well. So she looked at the making film with Jeong Ju-ju in season 1 and learned the atmosphere of senior Kim Bum. However, the senior I met with her first reading was really pleasant and friendly. The worry itself was foolish. I didn’t run into seniors Lee Dong-wook (played by Lee Yeon) and Hwang-hee (played by Gu Shin-joo) a lot, but they gave me fun on set. She finally realized that she had to do well. She also came to admire the flexible and meticulous collaboration of seniors in the field where her pros gathered. I was moved by the spirit and actual actions of the seniors and staff who express themselves while taking care of numerous conditions along with a pleasant appearance even in the midst of fatigue. I was upset about my inexperience in the field. If I had a lot of experience, rich things would have come out, but I hated being small.”

Woo Hyun-jin is trying to learn and experience her acting skill through her real life. She thinks that she has to go through everything to put her sincerity into acting, so she plans to go on stage with the audience. She said, “It doesn't change anything when she gets impatient. It's also my favorite saying, she said 'like loving, like living. It is to work ‘like dating’. Since I am about to graduate, I am active during the day and practice for my graduation performance until dawn at night. I have to perform, but I have to graduate, so I think I will be hectic.”

When given a task, she is a thoroughgoing personality who works hard so that she will not regret it later. Woo Hyun-jin is an acting and talented actor who can feel relieved no matter what role he entrusts. However, her greed was still far from over. Her dream is to always be called ‘an actress who can act well’ by her fans.

She said, “It’s a job that you fill out as an actor. As time goes on, I will do various things. I'm greedy for some glamorous filmography or awards, but I want to leave behind the best things I can do right now. At the same time, I want to become an actor who can give life to many people who will continue to see it. My current goal is to constantly create acting opportunities. I want to do acting for the rest of my life. I want my body and mind to be healthy. I think it's best to create your own among the styles of acting and acting wisely. In the end, you do it yourself.” It's really fun to watch people grow their talents without wasting them. For that reason, meeting Woo Hyun-jin will be a very interesting and enjoyable thing in the future.

[Interview] Woo Hyun-jin “I am lucky to have met my debut film ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’”

신인 배우 우현진이 데뷔작 ‘구미호뎐1938’을 무사히 마무리했다. 유용석 기자

New actor Woo Hyun-jin (24) successfully completed his debut drama, tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (written by Han Woo-ri, directed by Kang Shin-hyo).

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ is an action drama played by Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in 1938 in an era of chaos. Woo Hyun-jin plays the role of a mermaid with a beautiful voice and the lover of Yi-yeon's younger brother Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum).

Woo Hyun-jin said, “I am so grateful and honored to be able to work with good seniors in a good field in his first work. I am deeply moved by the interest and love from so many people.” Woo Hyun-jin debuted in a drama with 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'. If she hadn't passed the audition, she would still have been an aspiring actor.

Woo Hyun-jin said, “I am a fan of season 1, and I remember having fun watching it, but I was happy to be able to work with a new character. She was happy to finally meet her first work, which she had been waiting for, but on the other hand, she was not so happy because she wanted to become someone. I was able to not be too nervous because the seniors guided me on set.”

‘Yeo-hee’, played by Woo Hyun-jin, is a mermaid who lives as an anonymous singer in a luxury goods store by day and Club Paradise by night. Woo Hyun-jin, who belongs to Starship Entertainment, which includes Monsta X, WJSN, Cravity, and Ive, practiced like an idol trainee in the company building's practice room to look like a real singer.

Woo Hyun-jin said, “I wanted to show a professional side on stage, so I studied gestures through practice. She learned the melody by singing the song herself in the office building practice room, and pondered over the motion. The song was sung in the broadcast, but in the actual filming, she sang it himself. She confessed, “Some of the staff misunderstood that she was an idol trainee, but I felt good because she seemed to look at her well.”

image_readmed_2023_517838_16887690025538

She also mentioned working with Kim Beom. Woo Hyun-jin, who had a romance with Kim Bum, a senior at her agency, said of Kim Bum, her first debut partner, “He is a senior like Giraseong. She enjoyed watching ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and ‘Unstoppable High Kick’. I was worried about harming the character, but I was able to act with a sense of stability by telling me what I didn’t know and waiting enough.” said.

Woo Hyun-jin, whose next work is still, said, “I want to show the best I can show now. I don't have a clear genre I want to try, but I want to embrace the hearts of many people through stories of everyday life rather than grand stories. I will take time to give myself feedback on what I lacked, and I will continue to act without interruption.”

How will ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ be remembered for Woo Hyun-jin, a rookie actor who just debuted in his first year?

Woo Hyun-jin said, “So many friends my age have dreams of acting and are working hard, but I am really lucky to have met ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’. Thanks to that, I think I will be able to work harder and better in the future.”

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/07/517838/

[Interview] ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ Woo Hyun-jin, “I want to become an actor who can tell people’s lives”

2023070757311626.jpg

Reporter Park Dong-jae of Break News = Actor Woo Hyun-jin finished his debut debut on the TV screen through the recently popular tvN drama 'Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' (directed by Shin-hyo Kang, written by Woo-ri Han, produced by Studio Dragon and How Pictures).

In addition to Woo Hyun-jin, Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung-soo, Hwang Hee, Kim Yong-ji, Kim Jeong-nan, Ahn Gil-gang, Kim Su-jin, and Ha Do-kwon, many of Korea's representative acting actors appeared in 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938'. Lee Dong-wook) unfolds a K-fantasy action action to return to the modern age.

Spoiler

2023070757431753.jpg

In 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938', Woo Hyun-jin took on the role of 'Yeo-hee', a mermaid with a beautiful voice, from the popping charm to the romance with Lee Rang, played by actor Kim Bum, and various characters and colorful chemistry, drawing attention from viewers in the home theater. took the picture correctly.

Woo Hyun-jin, who showed off her dazzling charm and outstanding acting skills as Yeo-hee in her first drama debut, ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’, proved that she is a ‘newcomer with more expectations in the future’ with her only one work. As an actor, let’s listen to the candid story of Woo Hyun-jin, a rich and charming woman who said, “I want to tell people’s lives.”

-The following is a Q&A with Woo Hyun-jin from ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’.

▲You have successfully completed your debut work, ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’. How do you feel about the ending?

Woo Hyun-jin: It's a big regret that the show ended, but it was a happy every week because it reminded me of the moments I filmed when I was loved last year.

▲ ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ is Woo Hyun-jin’s debut drama. how did he join And how he felt when he first heard the casting news.

Hyunjin Woo: I got to participate in ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ through an audition. The time between the first and second auditions was long, so I thought I had fallen in the middle. However, with the thought, ‘What more can I show you if I meet the director next time’, she continued to prepare by filming swimming practice and recording songs.

When I heard the news that I had been cast afterwards, I was a big fan of 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox', so it was a great honor to be able to meet a good team with great seniors from the first moment, and I think I went in with the thought of 'let's not become someone else'.

▲ ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ was very popular in the previous seasons. I think joining as a new character must have been a huge burden. Have you seen the previous work, and if there was any part of you that worked hard to overcome the pressure?

Woo Hyun-jin: I remember enjoying watching ‘The Tale of a Gumiho’. The first time I watched it, I was in viewer mode, but the second time I watched it with more focus on it with the thought of studying it. I was worried about whether Yeo-hee could blend well with the existing characters as a new character in the play, but the set itself was so pleasant and I was able to permeate with a grateful heart because everyone waited and looked at me with an open mind.

▲ In ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, Jang Yeo-hee is a mermaid girl born to a human father and a mermaid mother. As she plays the character, what part did she focus on? And what is the part that the director or writer asked for for her character?

Woo Hyun-jin: I wonder if Yeo-hee's strongest aspect is her tenacity in approaching her 200 times even if Lee Rang pushes her away 100 times. I remember what the director and writer said during the reading, 'I was worried because there were many seniors, but it was nice because I was confident.' It seems that he looked at that aspect well. She also said, ‘I hope you don’t lose your innocence as a Yeo-hee’.

Yeo-hee is versatile in swimming, singing, and horseback riding, so she practiced these special aspects every day before entering the field. That way, I felt like I could focus more on my acting side on set. Also, since the setting of a mermaid belongs to the fantasy genre, it may be an unfamiliar part, but I did not think that wearing a mermaid tail would make a mermaid look come out right away on set. So, while looking for works related to mermaids or period dramas about the Gyeongseong era, I tried to permeate them naturally.

▲What was the most difficult thing about playing the mermaid Jang Yeo-hee? And what was the most sympathetic part while playing the character?

Woo Hyun-jin: From her acting standpoint, she sympathized a lot with Yeo-hee, an aspiring singer. Like Yeo-hee, she was hurt or went through a period of endurance, but just like Yeo-hee has ribs, through ‘The Tale of a Nine-Tailed Fox 1938’, I became a fan and became stronger and stronger.

The most difficult thing is that I had a lot of emotional sympathy as Yeo-hee in the scene where Lee Rang was beaten by Japanese monsters, so I remember having a little hard time filming it, but even that remains happy now.

Among Yeo-hee's lines, "Then I will protect you and I" is memorable, and among Lee-Rang's lines, Yeo-hee fell in love with her, "Whether you become a singer or a spectacle, do one of the two" is memorable.

▲ The club song scene in ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ was sung by Kei from the girl group Lovelyz, but the synchro rate with actor Woo Hyun-jin’s voice was so high that many viewers were confused. How did actor Hyunjin Woo feel when he saw the scene, and did he really want to digest that scene? (Actor Hyunjin Woo's singing ability)

Woo Hyun-jin: Before filming the song scene, it was unknown whether it would be released as an OST or who would sing the OST, so I remember waiting while looking forward to the original broadcast. I would like to say that I am grateful to senior Kei as she performed Yeo-hee's songs well with her beautiful voice.

Also, as a female actress, I wanted to show her side as a live singer rather than lip-syncing, so I monitored the gestures the ballad singers made when they sang, and while discussing with the director, I actually sang and filmed in every scene.

Regarding my singing skills, I remember one of the staff members asking me if I was an aspiring idol when I was filming, and at the time I was happy that I could see a singer-like appearance.

Spoiler

2023070758305621.jpg

▲ In ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, he portrayed a romance with Kim Beom, a senior at the agency and a great senior as an actor. How was the romance acting?

Woo Hyun-jin: Since it was my first time doing all the scenes, I wasn't particularly nervous or nervous because it was a romance scene. I thought it was a great honor as an actor just to be able to actually work with senior Kim Bum, whom I had seen on TV since I was young.

However, there was also a worry, ‘What if I am in a position where I have to keep approaching as Yeo-hee, but I can’t approach because I am cautious or difficult’. However, I was able to film with a grateful heart because the seniors and staff always welcomed me and led a comfortable atmosphere.

▲From the first drama, I worked with Korea's representative actors such as Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, and Kim Bum. I think that alone would have been an honor as a rookie, but how was your chemistry with them? And what did you learn from watching their acting and their appearance on the set?

Woo Hyun-jin: In the case of senior Lee Dong-wook and senior Kim So-yeon, there weren't many scenes with Yeo-hee, so even before filming, I was curious about how they acted. So, even on days when there was no filming, I tried to go to the set, and the seniors I met at the actual set were beyond my imagination. All the parts that the seniors showed on set came to me as advice and were full of respectable and wonderful images.

▲ ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ ended with a hint of the next season through a cookie video. How would you feel if you appeared in Season 3? As Jang Yeo-hee, is there a side you want to show more?

Woo Hyun-jin: I love Yeo-hee so much, but as Yeo-hee, I would be very happy if I had a chance to work with seniors. If it changes to the Joseon Dynasty like the cookie video, I wonder what Yeo-hee would look like when she was younger. If she was a lady in ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, in the past, we look forward to Yeo-hee, a girl who dreamed of becoming a singer, yearned for her love, and could still be immature in swimming. The thought of “Who are Yeo-hee’s parents?” also comes to mind.

▲As much as he debuted with ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, the public’s curiosity about actor Woo Hyun-jin is high. She is studying acting at Korea National University of Arts, and she has had a dream of becoming an actress since she was young. And I wonder what made her dream of becoming an actress.

Woo Hyun-jin: There is no clear trigger or incident. When I was in school, while thinking about my future hopes, I thought about ‘what makes me happy when I do’, and I wanted to do something related to people. From such a young age, she naturally had great confidence in becoming an actress. She hasn't wavered since deciding to become an actress.

▲ Actor Hyunjin Woo, do you have any role models, and what genres, characters, occupations, etc. would you like to challenge in the future?

Hyunjin Woo: There is no specific role model. What I felt even more at this site was meeting so many different people as if there was no right answer in life, and I saw people who wanted to overcome this kind of problem and deal with that kind of problem wisely.

I want to become an actor who can capture all the images of my seniors in the field and a great junior. Also, rather than wanting to meet a certain genre or character, I want to tell the story of people's lives. Just as ordinary people all have different stories, I have a desire to embrace all of them through acting.

▲Lastly, what kind of actor or person does Woo Hyun-jin want to be remembered by the public? And tell me how you plan to spend this year yo. this.

Woo Hyun-jin: If 24-year-old Woo Hyun-jin was Yeo-hee, I wonder who Woo Hyun-jin in his 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s will become. I want to become an actor who has no choice but to draw attention with a variety of appearances. This year as well, as 25-year-old Woo Hyun-jin, I am currently preparing for a school performance, but I will continue to act somewhere and try to capture this year in the best way.

https://breaknews.com/975012

Kim So-yeon "'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' was the part I cared about the most? Visual" (Allure)

1688974414448174.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon revealed the behind-the-scenes story of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

On the 8th, on the YouTube channel 'Allure Korea', 'There has never been a celebrity like this before. A video titled 'Self-profile full of sincerity of interview model student Kim So-yeon' was uploaded.

The video contains an interview with Kim So-yeon, who played a big role in the recent tvN drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'. In response to her question about 'the part she cared about the most while preparing for 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938'', she answered "visual", and she directly revealed an anecdote about fitting in an incredible amount during filming.

'Ryu Hong-ju', played by Kim So-yeon in 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938', has received attention from people for her gorgeous and beautiful outfit that draws attention. Kim So-yeon said, "'Hong-ju' had a lot of things to pay attention to visually," she revealed a picture of her fitting in the stylist's office.

1688974422741265.jpg

1688974435296675.jpg

While Kim So-yeon wore a mask and wore a mask on her bare face, she released an attractive photo wearing a fancy 'Hongju' outfit. She went on to reveal an anecdote, saying, "'Hong-joo's clothes and visuals were really important, so she did a lot of fittings."

Kim So-yeon revealed an anecdote about attending an action school for 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'. She continued, "She usually has a relaxed look, but when given a role, she focuses on acting and works hard, so I think her fans like it."

Kim So-yeon picked 'mid-breaking' as her secret to a long run. Jungkeolma has the meaning of 'the important thing is the heart that does not break'.

Kim So-yeon also revealed the secret of her long acting career, saying, "I have worked so far with the thought that I should easily shake off bad things and rise up, so she has been able to work for nearly 30 years."

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1745785

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

20230903220313_2023-Brand-of-the-Year-Aw

Winners Of The 2023 Brand Of The Year Awards

Sep 4, 2023
by E. Cha

The 2023 Brand of the Year Awards has announced this year’s winners!

The annual award ceremony, which is organized by the Korean Consumer Forum, recognizes the brands that have shone brightest over the past year. The winners are determined through online and phone surveys, and Koreans cast a total of 8,019,473 votes for this year’s awards.

Check out this year’s winners in the entertainment category below!

Drama Actress: Kim So Yeon
Drama Actor: Lee Dong Wook

https://www.soompi.com/article/1611207wpp/winners-of-the-2023-brand-of-the-year-awards

• 1 month later...

Kim So yeon appeared in a guess appearance in drama The Escape of Seven as Ryu Hong Joo. I wonder why Kim Soon Ok used the same name as her character in Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938. But now I know why. It was hinted that she is indeed  Hong Joo we know, the former mountain god. Now we know what happened with Hong Joo in 2023. She became an actress, a diva actress and it totally suits her. :lol:

I can`t believe it she is the same after so many years. :lol: My little crazy Hong Joo. I love her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1251hxBsxfU

To steal money from an sanshin. Poor guy!

PMSkwn.gif

• 1 month later...

2023 TVING Awards: A complete nominations list, how to vote and all you need to know as Jinny’s Kitchen, King The Land, & more bag nods

Modified Dec 13, 2023 10:14 GMT

On December 12, 2023, the nomination lists for the 2023 TVING Awards were announced, featuring many well-known and popular shows such as Jinny's Kitchen, King The Land, Island Part 1, and others. Fans can vote for their favorites on the OTT platform's website.

The website Asianwiki provides the following description of TVING's works:

Dramas, comedies, cartoons, exclusive TV movies, specials, and documentaries are all streamed on this platform. In short, the platform can be touted as Netflix for South Korea.

List of nominations for 2023 TVING Awards

Last year's TVING awards had an interesting event. The "PICK of the Year" event was arranged in conjunction with the "2022 TVING Awards," which allowed viewers to cast their votes for what they believed to be the most intriguing content.

Many hit dramas and projects were aired on TVING in 2023, including Korean variety shows. Now, fans can make their favorite shows the ultimate winners.

1) Content of the Year- Best 9 Most Loved Shows on TVING in 2023

1. Street Woman Fighter 2
  2. King The Land
  3. Earth Arcade 2
  4. Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938
  5. Jinny's Kitchen
  6. Island
  7. Crash Course in Romance
  8. You Quiz on the Block
  9. Work Later, Drink Now 2

3) Heart Stealer of the Year

1. You Quiz on the Block
  2. The Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938
  3. Island
  4. Amazing Saturday

Fans can visit TVING's official website and cast their votes under the aforementioned categories by clicking on the heart symbol provided below their desired option. One user account can cast one vote per ID.

The voting period for the 2023 TVING Awards will run from December 13 to December 19. Fans can only cast their votes on TVING's official website and nowhere else.

The winners of the 2023 TVING Awards will be announced on December 27, 2023.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-2023-tving-awards-a-complete-nominations-list-vote-need-know-jinny-s-kitchen-king-the-land-bag-nods

So that means Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 won the fan voting for Content of the year? WOW. It will be so cool if it is true.

In their site, the drama doesn`t have the most votes. I`m intrigued why So yeon has the award. Did she receive it as one of the leads? We`ll see the official results on December 27.

• 2 weeks later...

[2023 Year in Review] Serendipities of 2023

by mistyisles

“Life can’t always give you everything you want, but it sometimes hides small gifts here and there.”
Twinkling Watermelon

If there’s one lesson K-dramas like to hammer in over and over, it’s to expect the unexpected. They just love to surprise us — but too often it seems those surprises are of the unwelcome variety. Like a serial killer invading your favorite fluffy rom-com. Or last-minute plot twists that overturn the show’s entire core message.

But in this post, I’ve decided to focus on the *positive* ways that dramaland surprised me this year. Because there are many reasons I keep coming back to K-dramas — even after an ending fizzles out here and a beloved character gets a personality transplant over there — and it’s not (only) for the eye candy!

So, without further ado, here are some of my favorite surprises and discoveries from K-dramas in 2023.

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

Maybe it’s just because so much time has passed that I don’t remember much of the original Tale of the Nine Tailed, but this was one of those rare shows whose second season actually outshone the first for me. To be sure, it involves a lot of hand-waving and squinting at plot holes to make them disappear (especially where the time travel is concerned), but it was just so much fun that I didn’t really care if it made total sense. Or any sense, for that matter. I was along for the ride no matter where it might choose to go.

And it went to some fantastic places, imaginatively and emotionally. From the dynamic relationship between the gumiho brothers to the awesomeness that was Episode 7’s demon-constructed channel-surfing dreamscape, Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 kept me invested in its characters and worldbuilding no matter what ridiculous curveballs it added to the mix. Plus, it gave me one of my favorite K-drama heroines of the year: Hong-joo. Ironically, when she was first introduced, I thought I would hate her, or at least find her presence in the story unnecessary. But she quickly proved that she wasn’t there to be a new love interest for our (happily married) hero — she was there to be a new, powerful heroine with her own trajectory and relationships.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/2023-year-in-review-serendipities-of-2023/

• 2 weeks later...
by Cho Na, January 6, 2024
Since FINALLY I finished my task of clearing out hundreds of older dramas in my PTW list that had been there since 2020 (hurrah!), I found myself looking for dramas to watch in my last year's article Wrap-Up: Top 2022 Dramas on MDL (by Country and Genre). I concluded that the recommendation lists made by readers were very useful. So here I am, writing another article recapping the top 2023 dramas on MDL!

E525Pl_2f.png

A genre with a plot that seeks to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers 
by playing on the audience's primal fears.

eYRzeY_2f.jpg

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938

MDL Rating: 8.8/10 
An unexpected case leads Lee Yeon back in time to 1938, where he reencounters Ryu Hong Joo. Once a guardian spirit of the mountain in the west, she's now the owner of a high-end restaurant in the capital city of Gyeongseong. He also meets his younger brother Lee Rang. Meanwhile, another former guardian spirit and ex-friend Cheon Moo Young has become hostile. Lee Yeon struggles to return to the present, to his loved one.

I watched both this drama and its prequel Tale of the Nine-Tailed (rating 8.4/10), and I can say that this is the best sequel of a drama. A lot of times second seasons and sequels of dramas ended up disappointing because we audiences have high expectations that are built on the success of the prior series. But this drama is the opposite (as evidenced by the MDL ratings). It's funny (although not comedy genre), action-packed, and has a strong Female Lead who outshines the rest of the cast. Having mentioned that it is funny, I disagree that this drama is the top horror drama in 2023. Although there are a lot of bad people and evil creatures (they even imported Japanese yokai because of the era), there is no suspenseful feature that builds up the jump scare.

https://mydramalist.com/article/wrap-up-top-2023-dramas-on-mdl-by-country-and-genre