[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

On 5/7/2023 at 11:31 PM, kboramint said:

Has this show become more cartoonish compared to Season 1? The fight scenes are so over the top.  

You don't say. I've watched this after finishing second season of demon slayer, where they basically spent a whole season fighting on a train. And let me tell you, this one even topped the outrageousness of anime fighting scenes lol.

Also I know that the first season was done by studio dragon, and i don't know about this one, but this season keep maintaining the weird quality of the CG from the first season, i think. Making it feels slightly low brow instead of sleek and stylish, and idk if that's intentional.

I can say that i appreciate the comedy though. If the show decides to maintain the level of over-the-top-ness, i just hope it's self aware and keep not taking itself too seriously. I think that'll work for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SleepyKitty said:

I can say that i appreciate the comedy though. If the show decides to maintain the level of over-the-top-ness, i just hope it's self aware and keep not taking itself too seriously. I think that'll work for me.

I hope so too. This season’s vibes are definitely less serious (so far) compared to season one. They’ve broken the ‘fourth wall’ a couple of times. I feel like the writers took a note from all the viewers who dropped season one because of the unending romance when Yeon mocked his past self for being so lovesick LOL. (Here’s to hoping Rang’s romance will be moderate in comparison to Yeon’s.) 

Though, I was really impressed by Hong Joo and Mu Young’s hug at the end of ep 2. The emotion in her eyes!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, panappuru said:

Though, I was really impressed by Hong Joo and Mu Young’s hug at the end of ep 2. The emotion in her eyes!!

She is a softy inside! :love:

Spoiler

I was surprised to find out that Mu Young from 1938 is not available/is not around. Where is he? Was he punished by the higher ups? I read that Taluipa had stoned a mountain god and perhaps that`s Mu Young. Or he was incarcerated. Hong Joo doesn`t know that both her friends are from the future. So in 1938, both of them were not around Hong Joo. And she must have faught the foreigner demons by herself.  You know my theory. I still think Mu Young came to 1938 because of Hong Joo. He wants revenge against Lee Yeon but he did not travel back in time for that. It doesn`t make sense if that would be the reason. I believe all three will fight the demons in the end. Kato Ryuhei is so cruel and he is strong. Is Mu Young making an army of monsters for the final confrontation? Or it is something else?

When he said to her "I missed you" it was obvious that Hong Joo was not around Mu Young in 2020 either. And he did not see her in a long time.  I recognized that this is the same line who Ryu Kyung Soo used on Instagram to comment on So yeon`s post. Cute.

• Like 1

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938: Episodes 1-2

by DaebakGrits

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/TotNT1938_1-2_00a.jpg

In a year full of K-drama sequels, Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 feels more like a campy Wild Wild West-themed do-over than a continuation of our previous story. This is mostly because our favorite nine tailed fox travels back in time to 1938, a period when most of the Season 1 plot is irrelevant. In the past, he’s reunited with his younger brother, and our story sets us up for an epic bromance, which was — let’s be honest — the best part of the original.

EPISODES 1-2

Our sequel opens in media res, with LEE YEON (Lee Dong-wook) bound and staring down the barrel of a Japanese soldier’s pistol. Unfortunately, in all his centuries roaming the earth, Yeon never bothered to learn Japanese, so he bumbles through trying to use an app on his totally-out-of-time-and-place cell phone to translate the soldier’s questions. When that doesn’t work (because navigating a touch screen while his hands are tied behind his back is difficult), he breaks free of the ropes and easily fights off his human opponents.

Then, using the shoulder of the last-soldier-standing to steady his rifle, Yeon aims his gun at a man in the distance who’s casually lighting a cigarette. That man is LEE RANG (Kim Bum), and Yeon is none too pleased with his younger brother’s smoking habit. He shoots the cigarette right out of Rang’s mouth, and Rang, annoyed by Yeon’s brotherly advice — “Quit smoking, you punk!” — retaliates by blasting Yeon with a rocket launcher. Looks like Yeon is going to have a long way to go to repair his relationship with his brother… again.

You might be wondering, how exactly did Yeon wind up in 1938, at the height of Japan’s occupation of the Korean Empire? Well, thankfully, our story rewinds to approximately four months after the events of Season 1. We see Yeon make a deal with TALUIPA (Kim Jung-nan) and resume his previous work of protecting the living — under the condition that Rang would one day be reincarnated, and that Yeon would be allowed to die when his wife, Jia, dies. So, of course, when a man wearing a red and white mask steals the crystal that maintains the boundary between the living and the dead, it’s Yeon’s job to retrieve it.

There’s just one little problem — the Masked Man escaped through a door that transported him to 1938, and after following the man to the past, Yeon has a mere 16 hours to locate the crystal and return to the present time. Should be a piece of cake for a nine tailed fox, right? Except in chasing after the Masked Man, Yeon is distracted by a familiar face — a woman who bears a striking resemblance to Yoo-ri — and gets caught in the middle of a bombing and Korean independence protest outside Gyeongseong Station.

In the chaos, the crystal is picked up by a thief, and after an epic chase on horseback — accompanied by a catchy OST and a lot of impractical rifle spinning — Yeon follows the thief to his hideout. There, Yeon is reunited with his brother because, as it turns out, the thief is a member of Rang’s gang of bandits. Yeon is overjoyed to see his brother, but Rang isn’t exactly overflowing with brotherly love. This is why, when the opportunity presents itself, Rang drugs Yeon’s drink, frames him for the Gyeongseong Station bombing, and turns him over to the Japanese soldiers. Ahhhh… there’s the bromance I so adored in Season 1!

Now that our story has caught up with itself, the Masked Man abruptly returns and stabs Rang in the back (literally) — and just when it seemed like Yeon was getting through to his brother! Although Yeon doesn’t have much time before the door to the present closes, he can’t leave Rang to die, so he scoops up his brother and follows Rang’s instructions to carry him to Myoyeongak. At the gisaeng house, Yeon meets DONG BANG-SAK (Young Hoon), an eternal being who promises to heal Rang if Yeon brings him Uturi’s sword, the only weapon capable of killing Bang-sak.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/05/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-episodes-1-2/

Kim Yong Ji and Kim So Yeon comment under #LeeDongWook's post

Kim Yongji: "Like a french man "
Dongwook: "Oh ho Ki Yuri? Oh?  Sunwoo Eun...ho...!"
Kim Soyeon: "Omg "
Dongwook: "Did you sleep well? " (This is the line Lee Yeon cutely says to Hongjoo in episode 2)

source Gabby@daegorr Twitter

• Like 1

Pretty and affectionate plum, Kim Joo-young (The Tale of a Gumiho 1938)

news-p.v1.20230509.23f96139515746488b554

Maehwa’ Kim Joo-young’s performance has begun. In the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938’, Kim Joo-young, who played the role of ‘Maehwa’, a dignified and affectionate gisaeng, completed her successful home theater comeback.

Maehwa welcomes Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), who brings Lee Rang (Kim Bum), who was injured in a surprise attack by Hongbaek Tal (Ryu Gyeong-soo), and takes care of Lee Rang, who is lying unconscious. Then, in order to save his younger brother, he goes out to carry out Dong Bang-sak (Young-hoon)'s request, fulfills Yi-yeon's request in preparation for an unexpected situation, acts as a support force, and acts quickly.

In addition, he showed a lot of affection for the young Juk-hyang (Joo Ye-rim), who was dedicated to Dong Bang-sak and turned into an old woman, but regained her original appearance due to his death and lost her place to go, so that she could remain in Myo-yeon-gak.

news-p.v1.20230509.15361f667110448490cb9

Kim Joo-young, who has a deep relationship with Hanbok, showed stable acting from the first episode with her ability to digest. Expectations are rising for the colorful charms he will show in 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

Meanwhile, tvN 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm.

• Like 1

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 Ep 1-2 Review: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum bring brotherhood; Kim So Yeon adds fun

The popular gumihos have returned but are stuck in different timelines. Will they find their way back to each other? Lee Yeon and Lee Rang’s story continues in a new season.

Written by Ayushi Agrawal  

1265984022_tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938_

Name: Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

Premiere date: May 6, 2023

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Kim So Yeon, Ryu Kyung Soo

Director: Kang Shin Hyo, Jo Nam Hyung

Writer: Han Woo Ri

Genre: Action, Fantasy

No. of Episodes: 12

Where to watch: tvN, TVING, Amazon Prime Video

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 Storyline

Following a spellbinding and unprecedented success in 2020 and 2021, the characters of ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ have returned. Well at least most of them, as Jo Bo Ah’s character Nam Ji Ah takes the back seat, handing over the baton to Kim So Yeon’s Ryu Hong Joo. In ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938’, Lee Dong Wook returns as Lee Yeon and Kim Bum reprises the role as Lee Rang, only the elder one has turned back time and the younger one is after his life. Ryu Kyung Soo is hunting for Lee Yeon, unbeknownst to him that there are two of him in 1938. The show is set during the era of the Japanese colonization of Korea, and the show does a fine job of representing it.

Initial opinion on Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 Ep 1-2

If you were a fan of the first season, this one will hit you right in the feels. Starting off with a very 1930s-coded Western movie action scene, soon leading into a fight between the brothers, you can rest assured that the old school guns and the set-ups were very on theme. We’re sure this one’s gonna be much more fun, and just as Lee Yeon says, “Without a woman to protect, it will be his time to hunt”. 

Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum’s relationship

The reunion between the brothers is reminiscent of their heartwarming relationship, where Lee Yeon once again saves Lee Rang’s life using his powers and wit, luring him in to spend a month with the said brother. From being at each other’s throats to offering his latest cell phone from the present day to Lee Rang as a bribe, the show is full of emotions ranging from excitement to thrill to hilarity. The makeover that the two receive, turning them into two of the most coveted men in 1938 is enough to make any fan forget their age.

Kim So Yeon’s charming presence and love for Lee Dong Wook

Coming from the well-established role of Cheon Seo Jin in ‘The Penthouse: War in Life’, we were concerned if she would be able to shake off the image and build something less complex and more fun. As Ryu Hong Joo, Kim So Yeon’s sass is one that has already found a place at the top of our favorites list. The fashion game for the character is extremely fabulous, so much so that we do not miss Jo Bo Ah’s Nam Ji Ah’s plain styling even one bit. 

Her character knows what she wants- for Lee Yeon to accept her love, and does her best to achieve it at all costs, even if it means sword-fighting the man she desires. As the owner of a popular restaurant, she has the influence and is one of the gods of the mountain. She has the power to turn the tide in her favor, presenting dangerous situations for Lee Yeon and the gang.

THE BOYZ’ Younghoon’s cameo and Ryu Kyung Soo’s threat

The K-pop idol made a sweet little appearance as a deity with ill intentions, facing the wrath of Lee Yeon. Younghoon’s beauty cannot be hidden, flourishing once again in a pink colored hanbok. We hope to see more of him in bigger roles. Ryu Kyung Soo as Cheon Moo Young appears to be someone with a bone to pick with Lee Yeon. With fire as his power and bloodshed on his mind, his character will likely build the much-needed tension on the show.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-ep-1-2-review-lee-dong-wook-kim-bum-bring-brotherhood-kim-so-yeon-adds-fun-1220217

10 hours ago, larus said:

I still think Mu Young came to 1938 because of Hong Joo. He wants revenge against Lee Yeon but he did not travel back in time for that. It doesn`t make sense if that would be the reason. I believe all three will fight the demons in the end. Kato Ryuhei is so cruel and he is strong. Is Mu Young making an army of monsters for the final confrontation? Or it is something else?

I just realized I watched all 2 eps unsure of which Mu Young it was lol. I thought the Mu Young that Eun Ho met was the 1938 Mu Young… but looks like every Mu Young we have seen is from present day? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, panappuru said:

I just realized I watched all 2 eps unsure of which Mu Young it was lol. I thought the Mu Young that Eun Ho met was the 1938 Mu Young… but looks like every Mu Young we have seen is from present day? 

Yes, it seems that Mu Young is from 2020. Everyone thought that Mu Young who met Eun Ho is from 1938 but no, he was not the one. He went to 1938 with a mission but he is depressed. We`ll find out more information about him in the upcoming episodes.

• Like 1

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Kim So-yeon, a charming rich woman who goes from strong and sharp to lovely and cute

2023051008582605310d3244b4fed18217218513

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Kim So-yeon's behind-the-scenes cut has been released.

In tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938', Kim So-yeon's splendid beauty was captured at the filming site where her gorgeous beauty stood out after a successful home theater comeback as Ryu Hong-joo, a former western mountain god and the owner of Myoyeon-gak, the best restaurant in Gyeongseong.

In her published photo, Kim So-yeon is shining her intense eyes while holding a large sword in her hand that boasts her extraordinary size. As an action rookie who prepared hard enough to claim to be an honor student at an action school while preparing for her work, she is concentrating on her opponent and even expressing her character's sharp appearance. On the other hand, during filming breaks, she wears a hat that reveals Hongjoo's splendid personality and looks at the camera, showing off her lovely and cute side.

Kim So-yeon, who boasts a rich and colorful appearance, and at the same time carefully monitors each scene and makes extraordinary efforts to create the best scenes. Her agency said, “She is constantly researching and analyzing to express a more perfect character, and her interest in Ryu Hong-joo’s activities to be drawn in the future increases with her immersion.”

Meanwhile, tvN 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202305100054

Looking forward to Lee Dong-wook’s hunting time ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’

56661_69037_5449.jpg

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox' (script Han Woo-ri, director Kang Shin-hyo) announced the intense return of 'K-fantasy action action drama' with its second season. In the fall of 2020, a gumiho, familiar to viewers, was featured as the main character, and it succeeded in forming a fandom by combining anticipation and romance for the Korean version of a hero. The second season of 'The Tale of a Gumiho', which we met two years after the news of the confirmed production of season 2, unfolds the story of the past more than the previous season. The main character, Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), gets caught up in an unexpected incident for some reason and returns to 1938, and the title is also 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

Season 1 of 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox' contains the stories of Lee Yeon, a mountain god who once ruled the Baekdudaegan Mountains, slaying things that disturb the present world in return for her sin of loving humans. After waiting for the reincarnation of her first love for as much as 600 years, he finally met her, and after overcoming the crisis of death, he met his eternal first love and a happy ending. In addition to the nine-tailed fox, characters based on traditional tales appeared, and a unique world view was created by combining action and time slip. The first season recorded its highest rating of 5.8% (Nielsen Korea, national standard).

Season 2 added a period drama to the worldview established in the previous season. Lee Yeon, who had a happy time with love, goes back in time to 1938 and meets  his younger brother Lee Yeon (Kim Bum). Although it has only just crossed the starting line, all elements are solid enough to look forward to the next scheduled season as well as the day of the broadcast eagerly awaited. Needless to say, the breathing of the actors is excellent, the story that crosses the present and the past arouses curiosity, and as it is a period drama, the colorful costumes and extensive action scenes that catch the eye satisfy the viewers from the beginning.

56661_69038_5522.jpg

The main characters from Season 1, including Lee Dong-wook as Lee Yeon and Kim Bum as Lee Rang, as well as Hwang Hee as Goo Shin-joo, Kim Yong-ji as Seonwoo Eun-ho, Kim Jeong-nan as the undresser, and Ahn Gil-gang as Hyeon Eui-woong, reunite from the beginning. From the present from Season 1 to the past from Season 2 to the same person but with a completely different personality, the maturity of the characters is enough to captivate viewers. Kim So-yeon as Ryu Hong-joo and Ryu Kyung-soo as Cheon Moo-young, who are newly joined here, arouse curiosity with their seldom reassuring moves that seem to be on my side. In addition, a summary centering on Lee Yeon's story is inserted in the first episode so that even those who have not watched the previous season can immediately melt into 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' to help them quickly immerse themselves.

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ opens with Lee Yeon surrounded by Japanese soldiers. In a dangerous situation, the cell phone alarm goes off without notice. However, it is the other person who is embarrassed, and Lee Yeon surprises the other person once again by leisurely running the interpreter app. It is a natural procedure for a gun to be fired at such a person, but for some reason, Yiyeon does not get hurt even after being shot. When they were curious about his identity, Lee Yeon said, “Me? Joseon's nine-tailed fox,” he introduces himself with a cheerful expression, and soon strikes out those who surround him. Afterwards, Lee Yeon aims her long gun somewhere far away. Realizing that it was  his older brother who had blown the cigarette he was about to light, Rang fires a bomb at his older brother without hesitation. The so-called fake western movie of the fox brothers that follows. The intro scene, which was short but pleasant and left a strong impression, made me guess the future direction of The Tale of a Gumiho 1938.

56661_69040_5816.jpg

In 1938, he opened the door with the appearance of Lee Yeon, who has the ability of a nine-tailed fox, but Lee Yeon in the present world is a former mountain god of the Baekdudaegan Mountains and has become a human from a nine-tailed fox. Then, the owner of Samdocheon, the masking group (Kim Jeong-nan), made an attractive proposal to him. Someone stole the guardian stone, which is the barrier of the Samdocheon, and ran away to 1938, and asked to come back within the given time. On the condition that he would reincarnate Lee Rang, his younger brother who gave his life to save Lee Yeon. Lee Yeon went to 1938 in pursuit of the man who stole the Guardian Stone. There, Lee Yeon, who reunited with Lee Rang, who lived as a bandit leader, tried to save Rang from dying and return to the present world, but was trapped in 1938 because the door of time was closed. In the end, Yiyeon, who couldn’t return to the present world, said, “But he doesn’t know. In an era when there are no women to protect, gumiho are more ruthless than they know.” His word raised expectations for the 'hunting time' he will unfold in the future.

In fact, at the beginning of last season, I was personally excited to see the characters Lee Yeon and Lee Rang. To be precise, it was an expectation that a K-hero would be born based on the character in the tale. As the story progressed, I realized that it was a hasty expectation, and I found out that it was written as 'fantasy action romance' in the description of the drama I looked up belatedly. Therefore, I look forward to Kang Shin-hyo's words when he said, "'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' has everything except for the male lead's melodrama." I look forward to a cool action action drama that will unfold as much as the worldview established last season.

https://www.ize.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=56661

Hi I'm back after my long absent.  I enjoyed the 2nd season of the tales of the nine fox and this time, it focused more on the brotherly love.   Hahahaha! even Rang can't handle the craziness of Hong-Ji.  After seeing her in the Taxi 2, I am so happy that the actress doing more action dramas since Iris.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Kim So Yeon, And Ryu Kyung Soo Embody Their Characters On Set Of “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Kim So Yeon, And Ryu Kyung Soo Embody Their Characters On Set Of “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

tvN’s latest fantasy drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” released behind-the-scenes stills of the set!

Starring Lee Dong WookJo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he gets swept up in an unexpected incident and summoned to the year of 1938. The new season depicts Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Spoilers

Already, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has captivated viewers with the charming synergy between the leads Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung Soo, making viewers curious to learn more about their characters’ story of friendship and revenge.

The newly released behind-the-scenes photos showcase the actors hard at work on set. Between filming, Lee Dong Wook closely examines his script, showcasing how he portrayed gumiho Yi Yeon with his thorough attention to detail.

Lee-dong-wook-1-2.jpegtale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-2.jpeglee-dong-wook-5.jpeg

Kim So Yeon also received praise on set for her perfect portrayal of Ryu Hong Joo, who is both sweet yet frightening. With her aura and acting skills, Kim So Yeon added another level of tension to the story by making viewers curious about Ryu Hong Joo’s next steps after discovering the identity of the red-and-white masked man.

Spoiler

kim-so-yeon-1-1.jpegkim-so-yeon-4.jpeglee-dong-wook-kim-so-yeon.jpeg

Reprising his role from Season 1, Kim Bum also skillfully portrayed his character Yi Rang, showing both a rebellious side as the head of a group of bandits and a more sleek and modern side. Viewers are highly anticipating the chemistry between Yi Rang and his half-brother Yi Yeon.

Spoiler

kim-bum-2.jpegkim-bum-1.jpegkim-bum-lee-dong-wook.jpeg

Finally, Ryu Kyung Soo portrayed his character’s dual nature with great attention to detail, making viewers even more curious about his mysterious character Cheon Moo Young, who was revealed to be out for revenge.

Spoiler

ryu-kyung-soo-1-1.jpegryu-kyung-soo-2.jpegryu-kyung-soo-5.jpeg

The production team shared, “The story of Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo, Yi Rang, and Cheon Moo Young within a jumbled timeline will become even more interesting. The development, which will only speed up further, along with their relationship, which will also change [as the story progresses], will be points that viewers can’t miss.”

The next episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” airs on May 13 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1586375wpp/lee-dong-wook-kim-bum-kim-so-yeon-and-ryu-kyung-soo-embody-their-characters-on-set-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 1

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Lee Dong-wook confronts Ryu Kyung-soo in a desperate crisis

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2023/05/12/202305120902270410_1.jpg

In the last broadcast, Lee Yeon's crash landing in 1938 was depicted. Yi-yeon succeeds in rescuing his dying younger brother Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum), but gets trapped in the past. Looking for a way to return to the present, he found out that the door of time would open on the lunar eclipse 29 days later. Until then, Lee Yeon went out to find the red and white mask that had imprisoned him in the past, and when he learned that the 'three insects' that confused the area were also the work of the red and white mask, he intuition that an unusual enemy had appeared.

While the identity of the red and white mask is revealed to have been Cheon Moo-yeong, a close friend of Lee Yeon, his cool face, who has begun revenge on Yi Yeon, further heightens the sense of crisis. He becomes curious about what Chun Moo-young, who drew the line to Ryu Hong-ju (played by Kim So-yeon) who found him, said, "I'm no longer the Cheon Moo-young you knew."

Then Moo-young Chun, who appears with a mysterious girl (played by Yu-ha Kim), and Yi-yeon, who leads the way. In particular, the precarious figure of Yiyeon confronting someone's attack with her eyes covered in a forest where darkness has fallen is captured, adding to the tension. Attention is focused on what the crisis that faced Lee Yeon will be.

In episode 3, Satani with a strong curse appears. The production team said, “The fight between Lee Yeon and Chun Moo-young is in full swing. What kind of gift did the red and white mask send to Lee Yeon, and Lee Yeon's unusual action unfolding in the dark will give you a thrill."

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202305120902270410&code=100100

Spoiler

Lee Dong Wook Fights Against A Chilling Gift From Ryu Kyung Soo In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Lee Dong Wook Fights Against A Chilling Gift From Ryu Kyung Soo In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has previewed the confrontation between Lee Dong Wook and Ryu Kyung Soo!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he gets swept up in an unexpected incident and summoned to the year of 1938. The new season depicts Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Spoilers

Previously, Yi Yeon succeeded in saving his half-brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum), but he became stuck in the year 1938, learning that the door to present day will only open 29 days later. Yi Yeon set out to find the red-and-white masked man who trapped him in the year 1938, also discovering that the masked man was behind the chaos caused by the samchoong (three-headed insect).

Furthermore, it was revealed that the identity behind the masked man is none other than that of Yi Yeon’s longtime close friend Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo).

The newly released stills depict Cheon Moo Young with a mysterious young girl (Kim Yoo Ha) and Yi Yeon heading toward the direction the young girl is leading him to. The stills further depict Yi Yeon in danger as he faces an attack in the dark forest with his eyes covered with cloth, making viewers curious to find out what or who is attacking Yi Yeon.

Ryu-Kyung-Soo-8.jpegTale-of-nine-tailed.jpegLee-Dong-Wook-8.jpeg

Spoiler

Ryu-Kyung-Soo-7.jpegRyu-Kyung-Soo-6.jpegLee-Dong-Wook-11.jpeg

The production team shared, “Yi Yeon and Cheon Moo Young’s battle will begin in earnest. [Please anticipate] what gift the red-and-white masked man will send Yi Yeon, and Yi Yeon’s novel action that will unfold in the darkness will deliver a sense of thrilling excitement.”

The next episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will air on May 13 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1586745wpp/lee-dong-wook-fights-against-a-chilling-gift-from-ryu-kyung-soo-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 2

Kei from Lovelyz releases 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' OST on the 14th

ZIENO7CQBASTN5Z67HSZHIDBZA.jpg

Singer Kei from the group Lovelyz will appear as a singer for the OST of ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’. Cable channel tvN’s Saturday and Sunday drama ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938’ (written by Han Woo-ri, directed by Kang Shin-hyo) will release her second OST, Kei’s ‘Love Song’, at 6 pm on the 14th.

The new OST ‘Love Song’ is a song sung by Jang Yeo-hee (played by Woo Hyun-jin). Music director Hong Dae-seong participated in composing and arranging the song, resulting in a more complete song, and Kei, who is in charge of singing, also energized ‘Love Song’ with her extraordinary singing ability and delicate expressive power. Kei, who is a former member of the main vocalist of Lovelyz and is also active as a musical actor, is expected to further enhance the immersion of her drama by expressing her unique, elegant and appealing tone through this new OST.

‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm, and OST Part 2 Kei’s ‘Love Song’ will be released on all music sites at 6 pm on Sunday the 14th. /seon@osen.co.kr

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/broadcast/2023/05/12/RLZRX4E24RDCKUHPFICTOLD7QQ/

• Like 1