[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

Hi @partyon  thanks for tagging :selfie2:

1. about the mother abandon

I think because of she didn’t planning her future well at that time. She never thought that having baby at a young age can destroy her study plan. This always happen around with the teenagers with weak mindset.  Also she doesn’t want to be married with a ordinary husband. No fortune no rank etc.. 

2. About kwon min woo. Drama always need bad character. I thinh he will ends as bad as his character. Hahaha

3. Attorney Jung is one of my favorite actually. I want him to date that girl attorney <3 I hope he will be okay.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This is a great show. Just binge watched it. For most people, the bulb lights up but with YW, it's a breeze and an implied whale floating somewhere. I find that so funny.:Megalol:

The cases they dealt with are interesting and epsodic, so it does make it choppy in many instances. 

When YW's father had the talk with CEO Han, I was surprised a season lawyer would just repeat his words in surprise - or so it seemed. She was aiming for CEO Tae, using YW? Does she want the govt post, a cabinet minister?

Hope the jerk lawyer gets his comeuppance. How could he be envious of someone who topped her class, aced the bar exams, yet couldn't get a job? That is fair? He was comparing the stages he had to go through as a normal person. Sour soul.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@partyon   thanks for tagging me...I am late to the party again...:bashful:

The analogy of Mr Salt, Ms Pepper and Att Soy Sauce was too cute...  but at the same time heart-warming how they try to do what is humanly right.   Still, how fast money can change a person's personality is just shocking...:sweats:

Love scams seem common, poor Att  Choi and hug chairs are excellent concept...:please:

I also cannot get over WYW's mum's "philosophy" of life being so self-centric.  Everything revolves around herself. :smashes:   I am totally astounded how fast she could turn the blackmailing situation from Att Kwon into an opportunity for her to get rid of WYW faster.  Being a special attorney already put WYW into the limelight, I can't see how this TSM can try to bury her.   No matter where WYW went, even to the States, she would stand out and people would still find her link back to TSM one day.    TSM can dream on to get rid of WYW.

This Att Kwon....with all the intelligence he is blessed with, is that only what he is capable of??   This guy is just so pathetic....:kicks:

Rae Jae-Sook is a good attorney  (the Yangtze River Dolphin!!!  :wow1:)   who work for people and it seems she is unknowingly moulding WY to be the kind of attorney she wants to be eventually. 

Hope Att Jung bleeding is not a big issue...:sweats:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, K-dramafan22 said:

I also cannot get over WYW's mum's "philosophy" of life being so self-centric.  Everything revolves around herself. 

Chingu, I think she might be in denial. :bawling:

I believe she was more or less "forced" to give up Young Woo as a baby. We saw scenes from her past, where it clearly wasn't easy for her to come to a decision of giving up Young Woo. I am convinced her family forced her to do this. Being a rich girl that she is, it was clear that her parents had a plan for her - that plan did not include a husband from a lowly background nor a child out of wedlock.

I think she's in too deep at the moment. The CEO of a successful law firm, husband and son, as well as, entering politics. This is probably everything her parents have required from her.

I feel like she probably does care about Young Woo on some level as a mother, but she is suffocating all those feelings because she feels remorse and pain over what she has done. She may feel it's too late to fix it at this point in time, so she's like a train moving ahead at full speed unable to stop...

I think she still may have what it takes to redeem herself, but with only 4 episodes left we're running out of time.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Attorney Ryu has the lowest winning, having lost all landmark cases. 
I thought she was going to have a headstart since she's from the same clan as the judge. Then she started lecturing him on female equality when he was obviously delighted to have a relation in the court - delighted at first. After her diatribe he said that he was not going to be biased. :hwaiting2:
She is so dense, no wonder her winning rate is low.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, maribella said:

She is so dense, no wonder her winning rate is low.

I actually find her very inspiring. :love:

She clearly believes in her causes and stands firm in her own beliefs. I just think Korean society and the judicial system might not be ready for her yet?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, I think she might be in denial. :bawling:

I believe she was more or less "forced" to give up Young Woo as a baby. We saw scenes from her past, where it clearly wasn't easy for her to come to a decision of giving up Young Woo. I am convinced her family forced her to do this. Being a rich girl that she is, it was clear that her parents had a plan for her - that plan did not include a husband from a lowly background nor a child out of wedlock.

I think she's in too deep at the moment. The CEO of a successful law firm, husband and son, as well as, entering politics. This is probably everything her parents have required from her.

I feel like she probably does care about Young Woo on some level as a mother, but she is suffocating all those feelings because she feels remorse and pain over what she has done. She may feel it's too late to fix it at this point in time, so she's like a train moving ahead at full speed unable to stop...

I think she still may have what it takes to redeem herself, but with only 4 episodes left we're running out of time.

Chingu, you are definitely kinder to her than I am....:bashful:

For everything she has done so far, I cannot see her heart as a mother at all.    FYI, abortion was not legal in SK until recently, so she actually had no choice of abortion.    Of course she could do so illegally but I believe YW's dad pleaded with her to keep the child and promised to care for her without disturbing her.   When there is no conflict of interest with her self-interest, I believe she can be nice to YW.  Once her interest is being compromised, she would put herself above WY's interest.    That's definitely not mum-like at all.   :brokenheart:

Frankly, for someone like her, the best redemption is to stay out of YW's life and if she fails to progress in her career due to her own mistake,  stand up to it and just be a lawyer in her firm for the rest of her life and stop manipulating with facts just to get ahead.  It's still a good life, given her poor character.  She really has no excuses for her lousy behaviour towards YW.   But we know this is a drama:fiercebunny:....so she would continue to p*ss me as much as she can.... :kicks:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

I actually find her very inspiring. :love:

She clearly believes in her causes and stands firm in her own beliefs. I just think Korean society and the judicial system might not be ready for her yet?

I like her character.

To me, It is also a send up of earnest, driven professional women 

But there is a time to keep one's mouth shut. It's not as if the judge does not know the laws and no one is asking her anything. Lose a battle but win a war.

I think that demonstration she had with her two friends was already sufficient to make her feminist pov.

• Like 2

ParkEunBin who is gaining popularity through ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo will hold the first fan meeting she has always dreamed of since her debut. She will hold a fan meeting in Seoul in early September and have a direct meeting with the fans who have given her a lot of love.

Manifesting Philippines' fanmeeting with PEB too

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

YOU are PLAYING the Female Lead (FL) in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn.

You're about to PRETEND to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man (Male Lead) you've been eyeing. What will  you use to slap her with?

Kimchi? Seaweed? Spaghetti?

tumblr_inline_pt2xv7WGQT1qcgu07_250.gifv

Please vote!

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

Here is a different version.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Ki Young Diagnosed With COVID-19 + Unable To Join Trip With “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Cast

Actor Kang Ki Young has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

On August 8, his agency Namoo Actors shared the following statement:

Hello. This is Namoo Actors.

The past weekend, our agency’s actor Kang Ki Young crossed paths with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19. He preemptively used a self-testing kit and received a positive result, and his diagnosis was confirmed with the rapid antigen test that he took immediately after.

Kang Ki Young does not have any particular symptoms right now. All of his scheduled activities have been halted, and he will focus on treatment.

In accordance with the guidelines set by disease control authorities, we will put in our full effort to carry out all necessary measures with the health of our actors and staff as our top priority.

Thank you.

As a result of his diagnosis, Kang Ki Young will no longer be joining the cast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” on their vacation to Bali today.

Wishing Kang Ki Young a speedy recovery!

Kang Ki Young Diagnosed With COVID-19 + Unable To Join Trip With “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Cast | Soompi

• Sad 3

‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ Episode 11 & 12: Recap & Ending – Will Min Woo Succeed In Getting Woo Fired?

Published on

August 8, 2022

ezgif-4-762faf533c.jpg?resize=696,392&ss

Previously, in “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Young Woo fought a complicated case of sexual assault involving a disabled person. She lost the case, but it made her realize how unapproving the world is of a disabled person. However, Jun Ho comforts her and says he will always believe in her. Things escalate quickly between the two of them, and they start dating. On the other side, Tae Su Mi has offered Young Woo’s father to take her to Boston to work in her firm and also receive treatment for autism.

Young Woo and Jun Ho have started dating, and unlike anyone would expect from Young Woo, she has been waiting for Jun Ho to come to the office. She sees him entering the building but only keeps on looking at him. Jun Ho notices her and asks what she is doing alone. She tells him that she wanted to see him but noticed that he was late for work, so she was waiting for him. She proceeds to leave as she gets a call from her boss without giving Jun Ho a chance to speak.

Shin Il-su and his two gambling buddies won a giant lottery of 6.4 billion won. Three of them had promised to share the money equally if one of them won. However, the one who won the lottery now declines to have made any such promise. Shin Il-su visits Hanbada with his wife to sue the traitor. Attorney Jung thinks it is a difficult case to win as there is no written promise, and gambling money is involved in it. Shin gets emotional and talks about how his wife has been working hard to raise their children and how it is their only chance to end the misery. Jung takes the case, but Young Woo is against doing anything outside the limits of the law.

Shin takes Young Woo to the gambling house, where she meets Han, who confirms that the oral deal was made between the three of them to split the money. However, he is hesitant to testify in court. As expected, Han bails on the day of the hearing because he is an illegal immigrant and does not want to get deported. Shin brings in the coffee shop owner as a fake witness, and the opponent claims that she is giving false testimony because she has an affair with Shin. The woman declines the allegation, and the judge holds her statement to be valid. Her statement helped them win the case, but Young Woo had seen him doing a finger heart for the woman.

After Shin receives the money, he visits Young Woo to give her a gift card, but she declines it and accepts Kimbap made by his wife instead. He asks Young Woo if he has to share the lottery money with his wife in case of divorce. Young Woo replies “no” in answer, but she feels like she should inform his wife about Shin’s intention. Attorney Jung tells her the law about not getting involved in the client’s personal life. It is true that Young Woo cannot visit Shin’s wife as a lawyer but can visit as a customer. She visits the Kimbap shop together with Jun Ho, and they see Shin and his wife fighting. This confirms that Young Woo’s doubt was true. Young Woo cannot tell her the details, so she uses the fake characters that Su Yeon told her about: Mr. Salt, Ms. Pepper, and Attorney Soy Sauce.

Young Woo tries to tell Shin’s wife about the conversation she had with Shin and to get proof that Shin had agreed to share the lottery money with her. Shin’s wife didn’t believe Young Woo until Shin really sent her a divorce notice. However, she was doubtful of her husband’s intentions and tried to get evidence. She comes to Hanbada to solve this case and get money from her husband, as they don’t have a house or a shop of their own, and she is skeptical about whether her husband will provide for the kids or not. Jun Ho and Young Woo drop Shin’s wife home and see Shin getting out of a luxurious car.

Shin threatens his wife when he sees her with the attorney. Jun Ho thinks it would be better for her to not go home right now, and they turn back. Shin takes his car and tries to run over his wife, but gets hit by a truck instead and dies on the spot. Shin’s wife starts screaming, and Young Woo starts panicking out of anxiety. Thanks to Jun Ho, she calms down after he hugs her tightly. Shin’s wife gets all the lottery money and more from his life insurance. Young Woo thanks Jun Ho for hugging her when she panicked, and he promises to be her hugging chair whenever she needs one.

Kwon Min Woo has not stopped researching Tae Su Mi’s past and visits her directly and asks her to take him into their firm. He talks about Young Woo and how she was born when Tae Su Mi had taken a break from college. Su Mi challenges him to make Young Woo quit Hanbada or get her fired. If he can make that happen, she promises to let him work directly under her. Min Woo is greedily ambitious and would not hesitate to wreck someone else’s life for it.

Kim Hyeon Jung is a senior manager at Mir Life Insurance Company, and her company is being taken over by another company. The company is going through restructuring, and Hyeon Jung gets called by HR for the same. He informs her that the new company is allowing married couples to work together so that one spouse can take voluntary retirement, and the other will be fired if they do not. In Hyeon Jung’s case, HR tells her to quit because it won’t look good if her husband stays home and she gets in the way of his career. Hyeon Jung is devastated to hear that after years of giving her best for the company.

Jung Myung Seok’s senior was attacked by an ex-convict who brutally murdered his own father, and Myung Seok and his senior helped to reduce his sentence. Myung Seok has been living in constant fear that he might get attacked as well. He sees a suspicious man getting inside the elevator with him, but he disappears after they get off. Myung Seok gets flustered when the HR of Mir Life taps on his shoulder from behind. Hyeon Jung and another female employee, Lee Ji Yeong, have sued the company for gender discrimination, and lawyer Ryu Jae Sook is representing them. Ryu Jae Sook is popular for taking cases related to human rights and raising awareness against injustice. However, she has barely won any of those cases.

more

https://dmtalkies.com/extraordinary-attorney-woo-episode-11-12-recap-ending-2022-kdrama/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New Stills :).

Here is the pre-released scene for Episode 13! :).

"Woo Young-woo, who accidentally overheard the conversation "You should bring a woman who can make you happy" at a meeting with Lee Jun-ho's older sister and husband, is hurt alone without others knowing." 

https://twitter.com/kdramatreats/status/1557163497016168448

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Park Eun Bin Tries To Step Out Of Her Comfort Zone In Front Of Kang Tae Oh’s Family In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 10, 2022
by L. Kim

ENA’s hit series “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared a glimpse of the events that will happen in tonight’s episode!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho (Kang Tae Oh) started dating after a long and complicated journey to face their true feelings. However, the romance between Woo Young Woo and Lee Jun Ho still has its difficulties. In particular, the preview of the upcoming episode shared a glimpse of his family disapproving his new girlfriend.

Ahead of the broadcast, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” presented stills to amp up the viewers’ excitement for the next plot developments. In some photos, the Hanbada legal team are spotted heading to Jeju Island. Whereas Woo Young Woo, Lee Joon Ho, Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung), and Kwon Min Woo (Joo Jong Hyuk) are looking professional for their business trip, Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young) catches everyone off guard with his bright and eccentric fashion. He’s not the only one dressed up though. Dong Geurami (Joo Hyun Young) and Kim Min Sik (Im Sung Jae) enthusiastically join the attorneys as well, piquing anticipation about the group’s chaotic moments.

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-Ha-Yun-Kyung.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh-1.jpg

More photos show Woo Yuong Woo meeting Lee Joon Ho’s family for the first time. While he wears a relaxed smile on his face, she follows him with a nervous expression. They officially meet his sister and her husband, who don’t look too keen to see her. Woo Young Woo still finds it tough to meet strangers, but she steps out of her comfort zone to get along with his family. She gives a wide smile and holds up her thumb, leaving viewers to wonder if that’ll somehow help her earn some brownie points.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1539947wpp/park-eun-bin-tries-to-step-out-of-her-comfort-zone-in-front-of-kang-tae-ohs-family-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Thanks 2

Dr. Google told me that atty Jung probably has a stomach ulcer, cuz he coughed blood and seemed to have a history of overworking and not eating properly. Whatever it is, I hope it's curable.

Ep13 is quite draggy. Lots of scenes can be sped up or cut short.