[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

I think many of us were hoping that Young II was really in love w Hae Young.  But I think if he truly loves her and not take advantage of her naïveté, then he should court her properly and marry her. So I find his intentions suspicious. He took advantage of her ‘wealth’ and that he was in a similar case b4 just doesn’t help him. He may think he loves her but I can’t help but think there is some manipulation here.  But it’s sad that poor Hae Young may not ever have a relationship w a ‘normal’ person as a result of an overbearing and over protective mum. In addition, am I still too old fashioned that sex should wait til vows have been exchanged? Looks like one night stands are now common in Korean society? Or only in dramas? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, ilovenico said:

I think many of us were hoping that Young II was really in love w Hae Young.  But I think if he truly loves her and not take advantage of her naïveté, then he should court her properly and marry her. So I find his intentions suspicious. He took advantage of her ‘wealth’ and that he was in a similar case b4 just doesn’t help him. He may think he loves her but I can’t help but think there is some manipulation here.  But it’s sad that poor Hae Young may not ever have a relationship w a ‘normal’ person as a result of an overbearing and over protective mum. In addition, am I still too old fashioned that sex should wait til vows have been exchanged? Looks like one night stands are now common in Korean society? Or only in dramas? 

Yeah his intentions aren't like Junho's.I got the feeling he liked to sponge of his girlfriends.Since they had a mental health disability it was easy to do so.He may have developed little deeper romantic feeling for HaeYoung.I wonder If he didn't get punished would he have stayed with Hae Young or moved on to a different organisation and found a new girlfriend.

Poor Ha Young will live with the guilt of being the betrayer of her love.Her well intentioned mom added an extra trauma for her.Sigh!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just finish watching ep10... 

Hmm... did Young Il love Hae Young? ... its difficult to say... he had scammed someone else before this, his sentence of 2 years can be seen as a deterrent.. if Hae Young wasnt rich, would he had pursue her? Maybe not, maybe yes, men being men... with young hormones....  

As for the  romance, while we cheer the romance between WYW and Junho, are they really at the stage where he  is now ^bringing^ her to his home already?

It maybe be innocent but we know he had tried to kiss her before.... we havent seen how much they have dated before ; getting to know each other before the next step... i wish Junho had met the father first and seek permission, in some ways to know that she is in good hand...  like it or not, she is special... 

Instead of fighting with his friends, he should have explained why he liked her.. though its no business to others why people liked each other... but starting off a fight, doesnt show maturity or own confidence on the relationship; it , instead perhaps highlighted own self-conscious insecurities/inconfidence on the relationship itself????

Now WYW parents... yeah, why bother give birth to WYw in the first place if she was really a RickRoll'D, Sumi ah... she had the power and wealth to abort the child herself, with her family's support, so why troubled herself if she was really a self-centered RickRoll'D*?

We all wait patiently to see who is WYW's step-brother... that i hope will be reveal soon... hopefully not as bad as Attorney Kwon... sigh, that boy, when is he going to grow his angel wings, haha...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Hmm... did Young Il love Hae Young? ... its difficult to say... he had scammed someone else before this, his sentence of 2 years can be seen as a deterrent.. if Hae Young wasnt rich, would he had pursue her? Maybe not, maybe yes, men being men... with young hormones....  

As for the  romance, while we cheer the romance between WYW and Junho, are they really at the stage where he  is now ^bringing^ her to his home already?

It maybe be innocent but we know he had tried to kiss her before.... we havent seen how they have much they have dated before ; getting to know each other before the next step... i wish Junho had met the father first and seek permission, in some ways to know that she is in good hand... 

Instead of fighting with his friends, he should have explained why he liked her.. though its no business to others why people liked each other... but starting off a fight, doesnt show maturity or own confidence on the relationship; it , instead perhaps highlighted own self-conscious insecurities/inconfidence on the relationship itself????

Now WYW parents... yeah, why bother give birth to WYw in the first place if she was really a RickRoll'D, Sumi ah... she had the power and wealth to abort the child herself, with her family's support, so why troubled herself if she was really a self-centered RickRoll'D*?

We all wait patiently to see who is WYW's step-brother... that i hope will be reveal soon... hopefully not as bad as Attorney Kwon... sigh, that boy, when is he going to grow his angel wings, haha...

What if the guy Ms.Spring Sunshine met at the club turns out to be the step sibling? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

What if the guy Ms.Spring Sunshine met at the club turns out to be the step sibling? 

Haha.. plot twist...  we dont know the guy enough to make that speculation yet... B)

Speaking about that... they conveniently left out Spring Sunshine's night out, and for us to find out the next episode... hmm.. i do hope she falls for someone nice... she is essentially a nice lady... :D

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha.. plot twist...  we dont know the guy enough to make that speculation yet... B)

Speaking about that... they conveniently left out Spring Sunshine's night out, and for us to find out the next episode... hmm.. i do hope she falls for someone nice... she is essentially a nice lady... :D

They did the same when Youngwoo wanted to check her heart rate,JunHo confessed..I was worried for a sec when the lights dimmed as brave YoungWoo went for the kiss.Thankfully the scene played out and wasn't postponed for next week.

Hope Mister tall with broad shoulders is a good chap like JunHo.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 4

17 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

They did the same when Youngwoo wanted to check her heart rate,JunHo confessed..I was worried for a sec when the lights dimmed as brave YoungWoo went for the kiss.Thankfully the scene played out and wasn't postponed for next week.

Hope Mister tall with broad shoulders is a good chap like JunHo.

Indeed... with high ratings and many viewers expectations, its not wise to postpone it... hehe

Whats ur thoughts on WYW being the one making efforts to woooooo Junho?... she is making all the moves and not Junho.... Junho is still catious but WYW are doing all the things advised, to show Junho that she likes him...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yea what did happen to Soo Yeon and cute guy at the club? South Korean celebs have many shotgun weddings @ilovenico so premarital sex is obviously not uncommon. And there's nothin' wrong in waiting. I mean your body is sacred after all.

I felt this week's cases were sort of weak? I find Hye Young quite frustrating LoL. She admit she's aware of the guy's playboy ways but at the same time feel hurt by him. Her mom doesn't help matters either. It didn't seem like love more like he saw a meal ticket and wanted to milk it dry.

I love how Jun Ho was so sweet to coach Young Woo into ways of kissing properly LoL. The timing of the lights was nice, it gave the couple some privacy too eheh. And way to go Young Woo for taking that first step.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Indeed... with high ratings and many viewers expectations, its not wise to postpone it... hehe

Whats ur thoughts on WYW being the one making efforts to woooooo Junho?... she is making all the moves and not Junho.... Junho is still catious but WYW are doing all the things advised, to show Junho that she likes 

Young woo is making room for Junho in her universe so he gets VVIP priority..She understands trying to have a romance with her isn't easy but doesn't know how else she can express her feelings besides acting on suggetions offered.

Young Woo might be a great young lawyer but in love she is a teenager experiencing her crush becoming the date.

I have faith in teacher JunHo.He will give her a helpful crash course and bring dating skills to an adult level.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So ...

Anyone else think we'll get past 57 seconds of hand holding before the end? :wub:

Yes.Sensory wise a kiss is tougher than a hand hold since it's invasive.The way Young Woo aced it hand holding longer than 57 secs is a good possibility.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Young woo is making room for Junho in her universe so he gets VVIP priority..She understands trying to have a romance with her isn't easy but doesn't know how else she can express her feelings besides acting on suggetions offered.

Young Woo might be a great young lawyer but in love she is a teenager experiencing her crush becoming the date.

Indeed... she is making the effort... i wish at time she is more nice to her dad, though.... but i guess we always treat our parents differently than those who feel attracted physically in a romance... 

Referring to ep 10's @ 27minutes - the psychiatrist statement - and i rephrase...

".. the desire to be loved especially by those who are intellectual disabled is greater compared to normal people, because it is harder for them to get attention and affection they want from others...."

Hence Junho's friends reaction when he told them he was dating WYW... WYW understands that she is different and maybe difficult for someone to love/like her (in terms of love relationship); not out of pity but real love...

Hence my concerns that she is making the obvious efforts... she cant lie, hence tells the truth when Junho asked her why she did those things...

So we are grateful that Junho is potrayed to be a man for her...  (in a worse case scenario, if Junho didnt return her affection, then what happens? - we would NOT have this nice drama :sweat:).... 

Her dad needs more of her love too... :D

• Like 2

Ahh, this kiss was executed beautifully.  And framed so well right at the end.  The silhouettes with the city skyline.  In a world of their own. :wub:

spacer.png

Can we just clone JunHo?  Sigh… Kang TaeOh why do you have to enlist like so soon?  At least you’re going on hiatus with a bang.  Well deserved.  

• Like 5

Just saw both episodes and I loved ep 9 and 10 - it made me consider many social aspects. I don’t have any problems with WYW and JH’s relationship or pace - WYW is an adult and clearly knows what she wants :). The kiss scene was perfect! @nrllee I agree with you re that scene - beautifully captured. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Indeed... she is making the effort... i wish at time she is more nice to her dad, though.... but i guess we always treat our parents differently than those who feel attracted physically in a romance... 

Referring to ep 10's @ 27minutes - the psychiatrist statement - and i rephrase...

".. the desire to be loved especially by those who are intellectual disabled is greater compared to normal people, because it is harder for them to get attention and affection they want from others...."

Hence Junho's friends reaction when he told them he was dating WYW... WYW understands that she is different and maybe difficult for someone to love/like her (in terms of love relationship); not out of pity but real love...

Hence my concerns that she is making the obvious efforts... she cant lie, hence tells the truth when Junho asked her why she did those things...

So we are grateful that Junho is potrayed to be such a man for her...  (in a worse case scenario, if Junho didnt return her affection, then what happens? - we would NOT have this nice drama :sweat:).... 

Her dad needs more of her love too... :D

So true.The challenge of being a caregiver for people on the spectrum expressions of love and care won't always be displayed.They need to remember the intentions even when getting hit during a meltdown.Or are rudely told off.:grin: 

She loves her dad.Even when she is rebelling about interference in her life she said to TaeSuMi she is on her dad's side.

Once she gets used to being in a relationship with Junho the vvip treatement will see normalization too.Hopefuly by then she would have learnt to be more expressive about loving everyone she knows including her dad.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

So true.The challenge of being a caregiver for people on the spectrum expressions of love and care won't always be displayed.They need to remember the intentions even when getting hit during a meltdown.Or are rudely told off.:grin: 

She loves her dad.Even when she is rebelling about interference in her life she said to TaeSuMi she is on her dad's side.

Once she gets used to being in a relationship with Junho the vvip treatement will see normalization too.Hopefuly by then she would have learnt to be more expressive about loving everyone she knows including her dad.

In a way, we know she cared for her father ... i havent seen them living together after she rebel and plan to live away from her dad...  which i thought was a huge step for her.. she's 26 years old, right..

Anyways, until next week's episode, for more observations.... :D.. Junho, my eyes are on youB), to treat WYW right...

• Like 2

Episode 10, I'm not against a human being that you're so happen to have a disability seeking love to be married. However, I am against exploitation. This writer does have a little bit of rookie roots, so, she should have fleshed the story out more.  You have men who are horny toad and we'll take advantage of women whether they are disabled or not, however, if this man is specifically targeting women that just so happen to be disabled mentally because they are easy targets then that should be looked at. The question is has she been deemed mentally incompetent and has a conservatorship. If she has, then he will require permission from the conservatorship when it comes to dating because although she's a adult, legally she has guardianship. I don't want the backs make the prosecutor, she did ask a reasonable question about the differences between love or consenting sexual intercourse or non-consenting sexual intercourse. The prosecutor went too far with trying to tie her stress response with automatically meaning that she knew she was raped. It is likely that her mama asked her where she was and why she was out . She likely got nervous it started scratching himself because she was putting the pressure to talk about her sexual encounter with her mom at home. The writer dropped the ball and so did the attorney Woo because of the writing. She probably did so because she didn't want any backlash from the community of her approving of manipulation. This is odd, because she was willing to approve of Peter Pan snatching kids off to be happy. Anyway, attorney Wu should have asked that girl the basic questions about her understanding of consent before she went to the stand which is what is love? What is sexual assault? Were you looking for marriage? She could have been marking up her hand because she didn't want to disappoint her mother. It's just that this writer had enough in the episode to at least flesh the story out even if it is controversial. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

To me, it looks like attorney Kwon is bitter because things have been difficult for him, so he resents Young Woo because apparently she has it so much easier than him. But at some point he will come to his senses and acknowledge that Young Woo has to face many obstacles in life too. And I'm sure he will soften also because of Su Yeon, I don't think he can go against her too much, haha!! I'd love to see him pursuing her. :sweet:

The kiss scene was really sweet. :wub: Young Woo and Jun Ho are super cute together. However, the not-holding hands scene left me a bit sad for Jun Ho. Hopefully they can reach a point where both of them are happy with the amount of physical contact, haha!! :lol:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Agree Queen...:D but

1. Hye young probably went out secretly with the toad; hence no one knew about the relationship..

2. Agree that the prosector did ask legit questions on the difference between rape and consentual sex

3. Agree that Hye young was probabbly stressed hence scratched her hand; its not like the mom has a gentle personality; she was screaming her heads off every now and then... even Hye Young said she hated men... so one wonders why Hye Young is scared of the mom... and why she secretly went out with the toad...

4. But yes, snatching off kids for fun, seemed odd to me too... i know the message of the previous episode is to show that parents are stressing their kids too much on forcing them to be academically well, but perhaps that can be conveyed in a different manner....

5. Having paragraphs can help easy reading? :D...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I like how the writers didn’t provide a clear cut answer to the above. They don’t force feed us judgements on morality and ethics, rather they leave it to us as viewers to partake in our own assumption making, whether that be a result of personal bias, existing prejudices or real life experiences. While navigating these issues, we automatically find ourselves aligning with characters who best reflect our own perceptions of reality as defined within the context of drama. It’s why I’m not wholly against characters like KMW or JH’s friends, because whilst they play the role of an antagonist really well, they also represent the dogmatic tendencies of mainstream thinking. 

I think that’s an interesting thought. Again, it shows clearly the disparity in viewer perceptions. Me personally, I didn’t see it as a particular stage in their relationship, but rather inferred from it that WYW must have reciprocated JH’s wish to walk her home during their first let’s get to know each other date-not a date. He walked her home first, and WYW who is quick to pick up on such things saw it as an opportunity to do the same as a confirmation of her growing feelings for him - I thought it was a rather sweet sentiment.

Of course, this doesn’t detract from JH’s want of physical intimacy, rather it shows how the writers put equal emphasis on WYW’s growing attraction towards him, validating her idea of love as being on par with his, despite her autism. It presents their courtship as natural and fervent, just as we’d expect from any two consenting adults. Whether or not their love reflects the norms of society is then left for us viewers to determine based on our own perceptions and view of reality.

His inviting her to his home can be viewed in a suggestive light if we were to apply certain character traits to JH. Again, this is left for viewers to decide based on our inference of JH thus far. To me, JH is innocent of the suggestive nature some may apply to his invitation, simply because we’ve seen time and time again that his want of physical intimacy is determined by WY’s level of comfort first and foremost and the initiation she’s continually shown thus far. He invites her into his space only when she inclines towards it. And it’s beautiful the way he assesses this on various levels, showing how much effort he’s willing to put in taking this relationship past the mere ‘I like you’ stage. This is where loving her becomes hard, not because she’s difficult, but because he’s mindful of her personal boundaries, which he’s willing to overcome with patience and loyalty. 

It maybe be innocent but we know he had tried to kiss her before.... we havent seen how much they have dated before ; getting to know each other before the next step... i wish Junho had met the father first and seek permission, in some ways to know that she is in good hand...  like it or not, she is special... 

I think it makes sense that visiting the father comes second, only after JH has confirmed his own feelings for WYW and the sincerity of them. They’re still in the ‘let’s get to know one another first’ phase which again is initiated by WYW, and which I absolutely love because it’s her trying her best to establish and foster relations outside of her current circle of familiarity. She’s trying super hard to get to know JH, which he sees and appreciates. She’s observant, and is clearly able to steer this relationship based on her own views on love - her autism doesn’t deny her the feelings which exist between a man and a woman (her attraction towards him was made apparent from the get go), and he not only recognises that, but makes it a reason to love her all the more. She deserves to be loved and is fully capable of loving back - that’s what JH finds most charming about her. He doesn’t view her autism as a weakness, rather he sees it as part of what makes her so real and unique in terms of persona. He’s dazzled by her beauty and her brains - her ability to comprehend, infer and deduce are not limitations that the outside world seem intent on labelling, rather they’re traits which even KMW clearly recognises as being her strength. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1