[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

28 minutes ago, SJW said:

ep9 is using a humorous position - children liberation general - to tell the world how children are living these days, especially children from the middle-class and above. this situation doesnt happen only in asia! parents have to build a resume for their children so they can enter prestigious universities and a successful future by the parents' standard. the children in this ep would never know what fun or games are until they meet the general. these children, whether they like what has been arranged by their parents, have to follow what they are told and to please their parents because they are children. the pressure to achieve academic success is so high and it's one of the reasons for high suicide rates or emotional illness, and might even twist their personality. dont know attny kwon's background, maybe he is from a humbling background and had to work hard to achieve where he is now, but his tendency to see his co-workers as rivals, including suyeon, and the bitter attitude towards other people's success. did he also experience this kind of competitive childhood? through this humorous format it wont offend parents or hurt their feelings and also prompts them to think about their educational method.

as much as i like the loveline between junho and youngwoo, i really prefer to take it slowly. early on, youngwoo told suyeon that it'll be difficult for people to be romantically interested in her because she is very well aware of her autistic disability. and yet she has been confessing to junho a couple of times and wants to do a third time. am surprised youngwoo's friends like guerami and suyeon dont advise youngwoo to hold still and be patient; they should realize the difficulty for someone having a romantic relationship with her. giving junho more time to know about and get used to youngwoo's thoughts and behaviors would be more realistic, in my humble opinion!

Young Woo does exactly what Guerami advises.She was surprised that YoungWoo had mentioned about the heart rate conversation to Jun-Ho.This incident should make her more mindful of what she says and how YoungWoo interprets.But will this dawn on Guerami?

Su Yeon's handling was better.She told YoungWoo that her conclusion of who Jun-Ho likes is wrong.She rightly advised the guy to sort out his feeling and not confuse YoungWoo.IMHO.

• Like 6

It's on. It's official. Both Young Woo, Jun Ho admitted to liking e.o. Young Woo don't run away ha-ha!

Thank God Attorney Jung told off Kwon Poop :rolleyes::rolleyes: like give it a rest already buddy! Just suck it up improve on yourself and accept that you're not as good as Young Woo. Hey at least she thinks out of the box ok buddy?? It ages you as well Min Woo if you keep these negative vibes on ya.:tounge_wink:

I don't condone Mr. Bang's actions but he has a good point. South Korea place too much on academics/ book smarts etc. Locking them in!? Insane! Also sent home for going to toilet twice? Wth!? 

Oh no Young Woo's mom could just place her daughter into more criticism.. which I think Kwon Poop might be very pleased.:unamused: 

This ep. must be the precursor to the drama , "My Liberation Notes" and perhaps , "Sky Castle" LoL.

• Like 5

Like mother, like daughter...why do they keep shocking the dad into silence like that!?! Poor dude looked like he was about to faint on ep 7 & 8 when his daughter kept talking about Sumi and later wanted to go work at Taesan....and today...he looked gobsmacked when his ex walked into the gimbab place!!!

At this rate, he'll faint soon!

I wonder why Tae Sumi is there, will she ask about YW or demand something from him?

And...things are about to blow up with that reporter there!

I adored the YW-JH moments...but since so much has already been commented on that, I focused on the parent's drama.

• Like 9

Started the drama 1.5 week ago after hearing how good it was. I love this drama to bits. It's such a heartwarming drama and i can relate to it since i have autism myself. I honestly can't imagine anyone else than Park Eun-bin pulling it off. she's phenomenal. Loved her in Heo Jun and Do you like brahms? . 

@Min Mcgonagall I do hope she won't go around and break Young-Woo's heart.

• Like 6

@minglanfan2guerami is a safety and also a danger zone for youngwoo; she provides too much cushioning and buffer for youngwoo. she does help youngwoo in some ways but also shields her from some my real-life challenges. guerami and suyeon cant just encourage youngwoo to go for junho, they should help her and guide her to understand challenges she would encounter in a relationship, instead of just pressuring junho. junho has to face his feelings and expect unpredictable challenges in a relationship with youngwoo but relationship is 2-way. as long as youngwoo has the desire to love and to be loved, she would have to work hard to overcome her limitation and to make this relationship work even though she has relational disorder.  she needs some healthy guidance and support and the best guidance would be from her dad. am kinda disappointed that she doesnt talk to her dad much! have to applause again the good and coherent flow of this drama, youngwoo and junho will get to see how relationship will work in another couple now that they have confessed to each other in the next ep. it's probably an eye-opening lesson for viewers to understand from youngwoo's concerns/perspective to have a relationship!

@Min Mcgonagall yes poor guy! he promised tae years ago that he would stay low and quiet for the rest of his life! wonder if tae is asking him not to bring up about youngwoo's identity as her daughter! but youngwoo already told her that she wanted to meet her once and then moved on! wish youngwoo had told her dad about her conversation with tae then maybe he would be prepared for this visit!

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

I do hope she won't go around and break Young-Woo's heart.

I hope the same! She did look kind of wistful in ep 5 when she saw the mother-daughter's interacting at the dept store and then she did seem to admire YW as an attorney...but, as shattered as she looked when she found out the truth, she might worry about her aspirations to be Min of Justice more. I am hoping she will put YW's well-being first this time.

31 minutes ago, SJW said:

yes poor guy! he promised tae years ago that he would stay low and quiet for the rest of his life! wonder if tae is asking him not to bring up about youngwoo's identity as her daughter! but youngwoo already told her that she wanted to meet her once and then moved on! wish youngwoo had told her dad about her conversation with tae then maybe he would be prepared for this visit!

Lol! That's what I thought! Poor dad had probably no idea that YW let the secret out, so he had no way of being prepared for the confrontation to come.

I wonder if the reporter was following Sumi on Hanbada's CEO's order or why was he there? He seems curious bc she's visiting without a secretary.... lol...maybe he'll think she's having an affair lol!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, SJW said:

@minglanfan2guerami is a safety and also a danger zone for youngwoo; she provides too much cushioning and buffer for youngwoo. she does help youngwoo in some ways but also shields her from some my real-life challenges. guerami and suyeon cant just encourage youngwoo to go for junho, they should help her and guide her to understand challenges she would encounter in a relationship, instead of just pressuring junho. junho has to face his feelings and expect unpredictable challenges in a relationship with youngwoo but relationship is 2-way. as long as youngwoo has the desire to love and to be loved, she would have to work hard to overcome her limitation and to make this relationship work even though she has relational disorder.  she needs some healthy guidance and support and the best guidance would be from her dad. am kinda disappointed that she doesnt talk to her dad much! have to applause again the good and coherent flow of this drama, youngwoo and junho will get to see how relationship will work in another couple now that they have confessed to each other in the next ep. it's probably an eye-opening lesson for viewers to understand from youngwoo's concerns/perspective to have a relationship!

@Min Mcgonagall yes poor guy! he promised tae years ago that he would stay low and quiet for the rest of his life! wonder if tae is asking him not to bring up about youngwoo's identity as her daughter! but youngwoo already told her that she wanted to meet her once and then moved on! wish youngwoo had told her dad about her conversation with tae then maybe he would be prepared for this visit!

Laws have rulings,cases courses to understand.Whale pods don't have love relationship equivalence with humans.Talking about a budding love relationship with parents is not easy either.Since she is cross with her dad,he isn't an option to confide currently.

So YoungWoo is literally left to seek advise from her 2 friends who don't get the challenges of 1st time romance for an autist.This is an unchartered territory to be navigated by 2 people while figuring out what works and doesn't. It wouldn't matter if they went slow or jumped right in.The bumps due to Young Woo's challenges would be there.

Jun ho tried to figure out what comes next after acknowledging their feelings.The thought hasn't entered YoungWoo's mind.She is focused on getting an answer to her question.Has she thought how to proceed beyond the chivalrous gestures she is displaying? Unlikely.

She needs something concrete to enter her universe of 1 to see how that has to be tweaked for 2 people to reside.The upcoming case would be able to do so.

Initially I was skeptical of a romantic relationship thrown in the equation.As we are heading in that direction I am keeping an open mind while hoping they address this comprehensively.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

As a licensed mental health therapist who also teaches College as a professor on the side, besides the fact that I'm a mother of two adult children, I strongly disagree. This is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination and anybody who thinks differently(in my opinion) need to reevaluate their values if they think it is okay just because the boy had a deprived childhood to take their children away without permission. Now I'm very old school and I come from a family of teachers going back to 1959 in the segregated South and there is no way in the world that this is okay. The struggle is real everywhere, but the means do not justify the ends whether it's Korea or America. There is no way I'm going to listen to anybody who snatched my children off location and then had the nerve to say that he's not sorry. He needs to grow up in the Peter Pan defense will not work! If the saying of the kids having fun it's a epitome of this episode, then it failed. It may have pulled the heart strings of people who tend to be more emotion-minded and are LED away with that feelings and their heart, but as a matter of Justice, parental rights, law, and Common Sense, it defies it. If he wants to use somebody as an example, he needs to get married and have his own children and let his parenting be reflected in their lifestyle so that it can encourage other people. Regardless of how rotten some of those parents behave, they didn't act rotten enough because I would have dropped kicked that fool off a mountain top had he taken my children off playing Peter Pan.

This episode was a fail utterly and completely! 

Neither am I condoning the actions of Bang Gu Ppong. And that is why they never show what exactly happen to him in terms of verdict - my guess is he will still be guilty & punished by law. And he somewhat expected it too. 

The kids having fun is being highlighted again and again in the episode to remind parents what should our priority be - is it to send them to tuition classes until 10pm at night or to let them still have fun and play in their early ages. This is the reality that all parents are facing at the moment (including myself) and it's an even bigger struggle in Asian countries than in Western countries as the pressure of education sets in at a very young age - which somewhat affected the mental health state of many kids here as a result. Suicide cases go up in Korea (and other Asian countries) not without a reason.

Take Singapore where I am living in as an example - previously, we have streaming exercises to stream the kids into various levels (according to academic merit) as early as in Primary (Grade) 3. Kids also used to have tests and exams as early as Primary (Grade) 1. Thankfully, these 2 policies were scrapped in recent years to let kids have more fun in school in their first two formal years of schooling.

I share the same sentiment as the writer of this review in ReviewGeek.com "

Extraordinary Attorney Woo continues to grow from strength to strength. This week’s episode is a simple case, one that brings up the stresses and grueling ordeal of Korean academies and how hard these kids work to the bone. Sure, kidnapping children is completely deplorable but just to play devil’s advocate, Gu-ppong did actually ask their permission before leaving, with the doors open for anyone to get off. He even marched them back down the mountain afterwards.

What this show manages to absolutely nail though is how the law is not always black and white or as straightforward as it seems. These sort of conversations are open for debate about how the law can be interpreted in various different ways, rather than just simple right and wrong debates."

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

Neither am I condoning the actions of Bang Gu Ppong. And that is why they never show what exactly happen to him in terms of verdict - my guess is he will still be guilty & punished by law. And he somewhat expected it too. 

The kids having fun is being highlighted again and again in the episode to remind parents what should our priority be - is it to send them to tuition classes until 10pm at night or to let them still have fun and play in their early ages. This is the reality that all parents are facing at the moment (including myself) and it's an even bigger struggle in Asian countries than in Western countries as the pressure of education sets in at a very young age - which somewhat affected the mental health state of many kids here as a result. Suicide cases go up in Korea (and other Asian countries) not without a reason.

Take Singapore where I am living in as an example - previously, we have streaming exercises to stream the kids into various levels (according to academic merit) as early as in Primary (Grade) 3. Kids also used to have tests and exams as early as Primary (Grade) 1. Thankfully, these 2 policies were scrapped in recent years to let kids have more fun in school in their first two formal years of schooling.

I agree they didnt  show  verdict cause yeh he going to be punished  ; the matter here wasnt accept  his doing since he himself  from the start said getting less punishment  isnt what he want, and he said the only thing that matter to him to not let the children  think that the results  of playing  and some freedom  is jail 

Yeh he aware of  making wrong in term  of laws he only said he dont regret  trying ti give them freedom  but he accepted  from the start the result  of his doing - and it his mother  school  i think he want to wake up his mother too, since his one doing not going to change the children  life but changing  his mother mind maybe will save more children  in the future 

Yeh he going to be punished  by the law since it still kidnapping  children  even if he didnt harm them but that not the main point in the story in this episode, the main point to talk about the children  who suffering from there parents and education  systems  in korea and they tried to make it fun as much as they can with ban gu  funny  characters 

I understand  what you saying  i have understand  of how the education  system  in Asian  countries  going and specially  in korea and i know how the suicide rate is very high  with teenagers  to college students  and yeh the street if not getting good grade  as the school  and parents  went, the stress  of not accepting  to the collage  they study all their life to go to it even when they have others good choices and most important  the stress of studying  long hours, not sleeping and not eating  well in young age and for many years can adults  even imagined how it affects  this children when the adults  collapse  from that 

It different  from other countries  where you can play  and study in the same time , you can get good grades  and choice what majors  you want in any college  you really want to go, the education  systems  in Korea is going wrong for years and the suicide  rate is high and the system  that teach you it your fault  to be weak and tou have only one or two choices to be successful person and teaching that from young age dont give you a  chance to value  your life more then vaule  your result  or teach you to ask for help 

P.s. i have a nephew  who very smart he 13 year's  old , has perfect grade, have interesting  in programming  and even  study it beside school  but he a child who get stress if he the evenings  come and he didnt have at least two hours to play , to run to do sport , he cant stand to set on  the same chair  for 4 hours even when he have exam , being smart and have healthy  life is normal  in some places but it not allowed  on others places . My nephew  think about hos future  from now but he still want his play time , break time and want to rest when needed, so when you talking about children  who locked up till 10 PM  and that most of the case in korean academy  that what i called abuses  and should be punished  by the law 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And Its Stars Dominate Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 4th Week

Once again, ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has swept all of the top spots in this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the fourth consecutive week, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” remain No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its stars also claimed five out of the top 10 spots on this week’s list of most buzzworthy drama cast members. The drama’s cast swept all of the top four spots, with Kang Tae Oh remaining No. 1, Jin Kyung at No. 2, Park Eun Bin at No. 3, and Joo Jong Hyuk at No. 4. Finally, Ha Yoon Kyung came in at No. 7 for the week.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of July are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  3. SBS “Why Her?”
  4. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  5. tvN “Eve”
  6. KBS2 “Jinxed at First
  7. KBS2 “Café Minamdang”
  8. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  9. KBS1 “Bravo, My Life”
  10. MBC “Doctor Lawyer

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas-2-768x769.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Kang Tae Oh (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Jin Kyung (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  3. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  4. Joo Jong Hyuk (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  5. Seo Hyun Jin (“Why Her?”)
  6. Jung So Min (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  7. Ha Yoon Kyung (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  8. Lee Jae Wook (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  9. Seo Ye Ji (“Eve”) 
  10. Heo Joon Ho (“Why Her?”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members-2-768

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And Its Stars Dominate Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 4th Week | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Stars Respond To Drama’s Skyrocketing Popularity + Pick Their Favorite Scenes

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 28, 2022
by E. Cha

The stars of ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” have shared their thoughts on the success of the hit drama!

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” tells the story of Woo Young Woo, a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm (played by Park Eun Bin). Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school—but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Describing her reaction to the popularity of the show and her beloved character, Park Eun Bin remarked, “For me, I already loved Young Woo, so loving Young Woo each and every day was very familiar to me, but viewers gave Young Woo more love and interest than I’d expected, and I’m sincerely grateful for it. I feel so pleased and satisfied that there are so many people welcoming Young Woo’s story.”

Park Eun Bin also shared that since the drama began airing, she’s received many letters from viewers on the autism spectrum and those who work with them. “I was grateful that they understood the aspects about which I had been careful and recognized my desire for [my portrayal of Young Woo] to not be distorted,” said the actress.

Park-Eun-Bin-2-1536x1024.jpg

As for why the drama resonates so deeply with many viewers, Kang Tae Oh commented, “I think it’s a warm story that heals everyone, and so it has also found its way into viewers’ hearts. As a viewer, I, too, am rooting for Woo Young Woo and the people around her, and I feel touched and find little joys [in the story] as I watch.”

The actor also confessed that the incredible response received by the drama has made him emotional at times. “Each of the actors loves and cares for their respective roles, and I think [viewers] also love all of the characters just as much, which makes me choked up with emotion,” he revealed.

Meanwhile, Kang Ki Young humbly remarked, “As this is a difficult time for the entire world, there aren’t that many reasons to smile. So it’s a huge honor just to be able to put a smile on all of your faces.”

He went on to joke, “I saw a comment saying that I was sexy, which was a comment I didn’t think I’d ever be able to see for the rest of my life, so I’m extremely grateful.”

Kang-Ki-Young-Park-Eun-Bin.jpg

Spoilers

The actors also chose their favorite scenes from the drama thus far. Park Eun Bin recalled, “The day we filmed the ending scene for Episode 8 was the first day that I met lawyer Tae Soo Mi [Jin Kyung]. Young Woo asking her birth mother, ‘Do you not remember me?’ was so sad and so painful that when I said the line out loud in real life, as opposed to reading it in the script, I became choked up with emotion.”

“I teared up and got much more emotional than I’d expected while filming,” she continued, “so it’s a moment that stands out in my memory.”

Meanwhile, Kang Tae Oh picked the memorable scene in which his character Lee Jun Ho tells Woo Young Woo that he wants to be on her side.

“I think it’s a line that does a great job capturing Jun Ho’s feelings for Young Woo, and I think it’s important that he says it simply and calmly, without needing any modifiers or flowery language,” he explained.

Finally, Kang Ki Young chose the heartwarming scene in which Woo Young Woo tells her friend Choi Soo Yeon that she’s like “sunshine on a spring day.”

“It’s a scene that made me realize that words have the strength to change people’s lives,” said the actor.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1538169wpp/extraordinary-attorney-woo-stars-respond-to-dramas-skyrocketing-popularity-pick-their-favorite-scenes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is a different version.

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Continues Streak Of Setting New Personal Best + “Adamas” Joins Ratings Race

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is continuing to set remarkable records!

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 27 broadcast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” garnered an average nationwide rating of 15.780 for episode 9, which is another boost from its previous episode’s record and personal best of 13.093 percent.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Continues Streak Of Setting New Personal Best + “Adamas” Joins Ratings Race | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Eun Bin And Kang Tae Oh Share Heart-Fluttering Moments After Their Honest Confessions In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh will make hearts race in the upcoming episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

Previously on “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Woo Young Woo showed her affection for Lee Joon Ho (Kang Tae Oh) by doing all kinds of nice things for him, including pulling out his chair and carrying his things. Lee Joon Ho had yet to respond to her straightforward confession, but at the end of episode 9, he couldn’t bottle up his feelings anymore and blurted, “I like you. I like you so much that it feels like I’m sick inside.”

The newly released stills depict their sweet moments after their honest confessions. Woo Young Woo holds out her hand, and Lee Joon Ho carefully reaches for it. Woo Young Woo doesn’t really like physical contact, so it’s meaningful that she has given her hand to him first.

More photos show Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho in the hallway of an apartment where darkness has fallen. The awkwardness between them is as clear as daylight. However, the atmosphere quickly changes when Woo Young Woo faces Lee Joon Ho with closed eyes, and he draws close to her as he gazes tenderly at her.

Park-Eun-Bin-Kang-Tae-Oh-4-749x2048.jpg

Unfortunately, episode 10 won’t just be filled with sweet romance but also some bittersweet reality. Woo Young Woo’s next case will revolve around a young man who is accused of sexually harassing a woman with a disability. The defendant claims to really be in love with her, but society doesn’t have a positive view of their relationship.

The producers of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared, “It’s going to be an episode that gives Woo Young Woo a realistic concern. Please look forward to how Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho will build up their emotions and bloom their love.”

Episode 10 of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 28 at 9 p.m. KST.

Park Eun Bin And Kang Tae Oh Share Heart-Fluttering Moments After Their Honest Confessions In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” | Soompi

• Like 4

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Director And Writer Discuss What Led Them To Add Unique Characters And Whales To The Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 28, 2022
by S. Kim

The director and the writer of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared their thoughts on various topics relating to the drama!

On July 26, a press conference for “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” was held in Seoul. Director Yoo In Sik and writer Moon Ji Won attended and shared their thoughts regarding the popularity of the drama as well as behind-the-scenes stories regarding the process of writing and producing the drama.

Spoiler

When asked if he anticipated the popularity of the drama, director Yoo In Sik answered, “I didn’t expect the drama to be loved this much. The drama started from a channel that is not very known, and I wasn’t sure if the topic [of a lawyer on the autism spectrum] would be appealing to the public. If compared to food, the drama is like mild-tasting pyongyang naengmyeon, so I thought it would be great if people who are fond of such topics would watch this drama. But I never imagined people to give such fervent support from the beginning.”

Yoo-In-Sik_Moon-Ji-Won.jpeg

In the scene where Woo Young Woo and Tae Soo Mi (Jin Kyung) reconnect, the storyline did not use cliché stereotypes. When asked what point she focused on when writing, Moon Ji Won commented, “When I told the production company that I was going to slip in the element of ‘secret birth’ in the storyline, there were concerns whether it would be okay to bring in such a cliché element when I had to write a fresh and novel drama. I think this element didn’t feel like a cliché to me because I’ve been only writing films, and I was not used to the rules for writing dramas. I tried to tell the story by focusing on the relationship between the two characters without thinking about the rules for writing, so I am just grateful for the positive response.”

When asked if there is a message that she wanted to convey through the character Kwon Min Woo (Joo Jong Hyuk), Moon Ji Won replied, “I thought a lot about how the surrounding people would feel if a figure like Woo Young Woo appears at a large law firm. Woo Young Woo is clearly a member of the socially underprivileged who needs care and compassion, but at the same time, she is the strong person who you can’t surpass even when you’ve tried your best. I thought that there will be people who think like Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung) and there will be people like Kwon Min Woo who think it is reverse discrimination, so I tried to show as many plausible stances as possible.”

She continued, “It’s inevitable that my opinions get reflected in the story, but I think if a creator tries to convey a certain message through his or her work, the viewers catch that quickly and get bored. That is why I’m more cautious not to directly convey a message. I didn’t write the lines to say, ‘Let’s be like Choi Su Yeon,’ or, ‘Don’t be like Kwon Min Woo.'”

293228298_779299023087130_65378365746285

The character Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young) is regarded as a fantasy figure that doesn’t exist in real life. When asked about what kind of things she considered when creating the characters, Moon Ji Won shared, “I put in a lot of charming points that a 40-year-old person can have into Jung Myung Seok. I was worried that viewers may regard not only Jung Myung Seok but also the other people around Woo Young Woo as sidekicks because of the drama title ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo.’ Although I couldn’t allot many scenes to them, I wanted all of these characters to be seen as unique individuals and shine even with their short screentimes.”

Spoiler

293140102_557360462757375_18654815614950

When asked about the reason whales appear in the drama, Moon Ji Won replied, “Director Yoo In Sik joined the team when I wrote up to about eight episodes, and he mentioned that it would be nice to have a device that can be used to visualize Woo Young Woo’s inner thoughts. People who are on the autism spectrum often get deeply immersed in a specific subject and have expert knowledge on it, so I deliberated for a long time over several subjects. The most popular cases are dinosaurs, trains, weather, and cars, but the reason I chose whales over the other subjects is because they look cool. I thought whales would visually enrich the mise-en-scène. After that, I started to research about whales and inserted the ‘whale eureka’ (because whales appear whenever Woo Young Woo finds enlightenment) scenes starting again from the first episode.”

When asked to share some of the points to keep an eye on, Yoo In Sik commented, “If the first half of the drama was focused on whether or not Woo Young Woo could become a true attorney, the second half will be focused on the process of Woo Young Woo becoming an excellent attorney. As a unique figure, Woo Young Woo will find her own way to figure out answers as to what makes a good attorney. It will also be fun to see how the individuals at Hanbada Law Firm mature through the hardships in each of their lives. In addition, please look forward to the passionate performances of of surprise [cameos] such as Goo Kyo Hwan.”

• Like 3

Ah...we were expecting the parents to met at the start of ep9, but we saw them at the end of it... 

Hmm Junho, yes, im glad he did think about possibiliites in the future, ie, what will happen to WYW if they are to break up,... afterall WYW is special and he will have to bear some some responsibilities if something bad happens to WYW if they are to break-up...

To leave the conversation, ie, when WYW confessed that she did everything in ep9 was  because she liked Junho, seemed odd..... The camera pan out to a different scene after the confession... seemed awkard.. i mean, if in reality, what do you say infront of the person who confessed their feelings to you there and then...

WyW:... i did all those things because I liked you..

Junho: ... oh.. ermmm... thank you...

Walks away???????

Haha.. how?... sigh...

Good that the next episode will tackle the complexity of special people in  relationship... 

Coz this matter - 

• Like 2