[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i stopped guessing who is MC's dad already hahaha there's just 3 episodes left.. let's just enjoy the moments!

I agree totally and I think a lot of us have stopped.

That said, I am a bit sad that if BYJ is not (and I would be ok with this as I have said already), tonight's episode will be the only happy couple times we'll see. Yes, we have a lot of past moments but being a couple is the connection that was built up all along. So right now I am just worried with the flow of it all and the balance.

In my last post, I said I hoped they won't do the whole break-up thing, but it seems they will. I understand why (though it is not fair to NHD) but still...

I really love this show but these days it brings more dread than joy. Thank God for the hilarious moments in the show and the friendships. And also for "A Business Proposal" which lightens the week for me and counter-balance the seriousness of "25 21".

@aisling1 hour and 50 minutes?!? Wow!! Good to know so I can plan my evening around it.

Yeah... I am worried about YR today. I hope she finds strength in NHD and JW.

• Like 1

Spent 15 hours from Episode 1 to 13,  TVN engaged the viewers to see how Heedo and Yijin come together becoming each other's pillar and support and involved in their love story, making viewers emotionally tugged then in Episode 14 suddenly one sided cut us off with an ending scene - In 2009, Baek Yijin ends a live news interview with Na Heedo by congratulating her marriage. 

Thanks TVN for being such a player

In a wrought now, no rewatch, no OST, have to detach from this drama now....

Edited by japehin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I thought i'm well prepared but who i'm kidding with. The bitter pill called reality pictured well by this drama. I have this thought when i saw leaked photo of adult Hee Do and Yi Jin filming in the tunnel. A thought i keep for myself since it may bring negativity most will avoid. I thought what if they're filming parallel scene to the first scene at the tunnel when Hee Do asked Yi Jin to be happy when there's just the two of them unbeknownst to others. This time the promise will be for both of them to be happy to the point that all people will notice even when they're not together

• Like 2

what an episode, there is a lot to say, so much happened
Poor Yurim, she made a difficult choice, i'm pretty sure that michae is not her child

Jiwoong is really cute, hope he will be with her
So in 2009 Yijin congratulates Heedo on her marriage, and minchae was probably already born, so we spend 16 episodes telling us that she married a complete stranger? unless the leads are married but Yijn says it just to have a little fun and lighten the atmosphere since they are far from each other because she is in San francisco

• Like 2

So next week is ending yet still no 25 21 lol. The title it totally missleading, I called it, but this is not I'm expecting since the last kiss, they just move to yoorim story like nothing happened between heedoo and yijin, I thought we at least get some their lovely moment but the eps is totally ruined with another guessing who is married to heedoo, like who cares now, they just kissed??? And their screentime is hella short just why

I'm sorry but I'm so tired with the guessing who is married to heedo now, thats kinda ruined the young heedoo and yijin moment. Like whataver if yijin and heedoo didnt ended up together thats okay but at least they shouldnt ruined their short sweet moment? Just when they have their short moment tvn remind us again about the minchae father and something that ruined the mood again, oh god

• Like 2

I had said I would be happy as long as they're both alive but I was so wrong. I'm going to have a love-hate relationship with this drama if they don't end up together. The theory they're actually together and Yijin is congratulating her for her weeding with himself would not make sense as they were both being teary eyed. Or is it because they weren't able to be each with other on such a important moment so they were sad? TVN is totally playing with us. I still find it weird that Minhae is rooting for her mother's romance with some other man so much. There's no way she can be this cool about the whole thing if the man in her diary is not her father. 

• Like 5

@-Love Blossom- true, I think its still weird that in heedoo room is full of yijin thing, like there are some yijin stuff too in there, and minchae gift from his father is similar to what yijin gift to heedoo back then, even heedoo workplace name is 25 21? Now the theory that yijin's death is debunked, I dont think she will named her workplace as the moment she and yijin were in love if the husband is another person? I think the writer just want to trolling us like they did with the title 25 21, like there is nothing 25 21 in this drama till in very last eps, they probably want to make the plot twist in the end

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Skysky said:

I'm sorry but I'm so tired with the guessing who is married to heedo now, thats kinda ruined the young heedoo and yijin moment. Like whataver if yijin and heedoo didnt ended up together thats okay but at least they shouldnt ruined their short sweet moment? Just when they have their short moment tvn remind us again about the minchae father and something that ruined the mood again, oh god

Same here to be honest... Let us enjoy these last moments with our characters without all these mind games...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Spoiler

Wait... Kim Min-Chae is 15 years old in 2021 but in it seems that Hee-Do got married in 2009. That means she got married 3 years after Min-chae was born. 

I doubt that HD would still be competing with a 3 year old kid at home unless....   

31 minutes ago, Skysky said:

@-Love Blossom-like there is nothing 25 21 in this drama 

I don't think 25 21 is a reference to HeeDo and YiJin's age but rather something involving her "first love". YiJin is not her first love. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kboramint said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wait... Kim Min-Chae is 15 years old in 2021 but in it seems that Hee-Do got married in 2009. That means she got married 3 years after Min-chae was born. 

I doubt that HD would still be competing with a 3 year old kid at home unless....   

I don't think 25 21 is a reference to HeeDo and YiJin's age but rather something involving her "first love", if you know what I mean. YiJin is not her first love. 

What do you mean by BYJ not being NHD's first love?... I woud assume he is since he is the one that mattered the most and that introduced her to love. We cannot call that guy she met for three years her first love at all. No?

• Like 2

Just now, carolinedl said:

What do you mean by BYJ not being NHD's first love?... I woud assume he is since he is the one that mattered the most and that introduced her to love. We cannot call that guy she met for three years her first love at all. No?

A "first love" doesn't have to be romantic or even hetro. It can be a sports car but in Hee-Do's case, her "first love" was first mentioned back in Episode 1 in her diary. That's who she saw on Saturday.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

True. Its obvious yijin is her first love. Well I stand by my opinion the title and teaser says about 25 21 is the age when they are in love but nothing about 25 21 in the drama till last eps, and they keep referencing about the age since heedoo is 18 and the synopsis too about their age, very detailed about what happen when heedoo is 18, 19, 20 and 21 but then suddenly 25 21 in the title is not about age anymore? Lol. And the song 25 21 that they used by jaurim is also about the age

I rewatch again minchae doesnt say first love but she assume that heedoo met her 'ex boyfriend' at saturday.  And the diary also doesnt contain first love thing? Just the story of heedoo trying to meet yoorim

• Like 2

Wow ep -14 took a drama/reality intensity up several notches. It seems like the writer wants to clearly convey the message that: life happens - it can bring many unforeseen things and really change life paths. Difficult decisions all around. 

Re the title - I don’t think it is a specific reference to the OTP’s age but the general reference to a period of youth where major life decisions have to be made. This drama is a nostalgia - looking back on the transition to adulthood etc. 

Edit2: JW is too adorable and I hope things work out for him and YR. I think in this episode, the writer didn’t do well re BYJ’s ordeal - it was too out of character and yes, career pressure is huge and he also made his choices etc. 

I am not surprise re the 

Spoiler

Congrats on your marriage line and kept my expectations that OTP will likely not end up together. First loves rarely do end up together. I am ok because it doesn’t make their relationship less meaningful or less special because they don’t end up together; in a way - it’s even more special because time was limited and becalmed memories etc. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

@Yinye Yes, I agree. This show is about life as a young adult and how things change over time. As the should... I do think that the song "25, 21" by Jaurim is about that too and the writer did say it was a source of influence.

@SkyskyI am not too bothered by not having a lot of time for years 25 and 21, as it may refer to the time when they drifted apart. (Or in the case we get a happy ending, the time when they decided their future together?). However, we got way too little time as them a couple, that is for sure...

@v s *hugs*

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1