[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

8 hours ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

...Episode 16 had me trembling in anger when Hwabin tried to frame Deuk Im by going through her things and taking her brother’s gift to her and using it against her. It was sorted out within the 10 mins of the episode, BUT MAN! Ugh! I was so annoyed because this Hyebin chick didn’t know her history and she bad mouthed the late Prince Sado in front of his family. Did you all see everyone’s disbelief when she called him a traitor?! Goes to show she didn’t follow up with her uncle about the kings father. 

Ha! The QD could not utter anything contrary or to help the brat due to her brother's situation.  

4 hours ago, celflor said:

There's just Lady Hyegyeong Memoirs in english version, all other records included Jeongjo writings and records of his reign years I only founded and read in korean :(

Lady Hyegyeong Memoirs English version 

And then I found this interesting post too with lot of good information about their love story story https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2021/12/31/the-red-sleeve-history-her-story-and-their-love-story/

Hope works and you can find some answers to your questions :heart:

Thanks.. reading the story now! 

Facinating... at 15 he already wanted her to be his concubine.. they grow fast back then ya... haha... 

But yes, im sure he ^hid^ her to protect her... and when they have their son... it was amazing... he felt so proud..

In the years listed, DI had 2 miscarriages before she had the prince, and a princess who lived just two months... and the final baby died with the mom.. sigh... sad sad indeed...

• Sad 2

Lia's OST MV:

Spoiler

Look how cute they look here:

spacer.png

Partial translation of Lee Minji's inteview (she played Bokyeon):

Spoiler

I really love how the G4 actresses are friends in real life too. 

Behind the scenes photos of San, Deok-im, and baby Munhyo:

Spoiler

SNS updates of Junho:

Spoiler

SNS updates of Seyoung:

Spoiler

Video and pic of Deok-ro with all the court ladies:

Spoiler

As expected of the most good-looking man in Hanseong.

Oh Dae Hwan insta update:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

New behind the scenes:

Partial translations of the select clips in the behind scenes:

Spoiler

This one was an interesting revelation.

Ep 16 bts eng subbed: 

Last behind the scenes video:
Partial translations of the behind scenes clips:
Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This drama will definitely stay in my memory for a long time. Hope to see Junho be with Se Young again as a couple in a future drama. 

Is it too much if I am wishing for the Red Sleeve Season 2 ,Reincarnation of San & Deok Im in our current world ? :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

wow i haven't been on soompi for over 4 yrs but this drama gave me an urge to come back and drop a line

This is one of the best kdrama i've watched in the last 2 yrs

I usually pass on sageuk but this was different

I rewatched ep 17 today and still can't stop crying

Even watching clips or reading articles about the ending brings tears to my eyes TT

I've read different takes and analysis of different aspects of the final ep and I'm impressed by the creativity, detail and all the little hidden bits and pieces here and there

This drama had a perfect combo of writer+director+actors

I must admit I was slightly confused by the ending at first but now that I understand it, all the different layers come together. Like LSY said, everything they filmed built up to this last scene

Yes it could have been a dream, one he had before he died

But it doesnt really matter because it showed us San's heart, that now he would choose Deok Im finally over everything else (which makes it more sad because that's what Deok Im had wanted when she was alive)

Watching the end though, I think it strongly hints that it's the afterlife

The way that Deok Im tells him several times that he still can go back, the flashback of Deok Im on her deathbed, and watching one of the new making videos today, the kiss symbolised Deok Im 'sucking' the life/soul out of San

Anyway, the ending is such a masterpiece in itself

I discovered this drama quite late, more than halfway through and i'm a bit sad i didnt get to enjoy the whole ride thoroughly

But I'm super thankful for all the work and talent put in this drama

Will be watching out for this director & writer, as well as Junho :)

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

The radio show got subbed! If you guys didn't check it out, you definitely should. They're so lively in this. It's one of the most enjoyable radio shows I've seen.

Ep 16-17 behind the scenes eng subbed:

It's not cold because there's love. :joy:

Calligraphy teacher who taught Junho and Seyoung posted on instagram:

Spoiler

Snippets of an interview with Ha Yul-ri (played Kyunghee):

Spoiler

Partial translation of interview with the writer Jung Hae-ri:

Spoiler

Last behind the scenes eng subbed:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

credit : Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1506882wpp/the-red-sleeve-dominates-buzzworthy-drama-rankings-for-8th-consecutive-week-in-its-final-week

“The Red Sleeve” Dominates Buzzworthy Drama Rankings For 8th Consecutive Week In Its Final Week

San summarised the ending well in English! :loolz:

Spoiler

• LOL 2

Omo, this was the deleted 19+ kiss scene!

Why the director deleted it?

Lee Se Young Reveals Her Deleted Kiss Scene With Lee Junho in ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’ + Talks About Her Chemistry With the 2PM Member

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123367/20220104/lee-se-young-deleted-kiss-scene-lee-junho-the-red-sleeve.htm

And this was an ad-lip scene! 

That's why we can see JH and SY instead of San & DK in this scene :loolz:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

A couple of days ago, someone uploaded on theqoo of a hidden detail which explains how the ending is a happy ending.

In the first episode when they were still children and San and DeokIm met each other for the first time, in San's grandmother's room as he was crying, Deokim tells San that his grandmother will know his heart, that when someone dies they know everything, including what's in your heart but wasn't said out loud

spacer.png

Fastforward to the last scene when San and Deokim meet again as San is on his deathbed. In the last making video, the director confirms that as Deokim kisses San, she kisses the life out of him and this symbolises the moment that San dies in real life. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So after this kiss (after San dies), San and Deokim's expressions changes

Deokim has a "now you know what my heart is" look

spacer.png

and San who finally knows Deokim's real heart, smiles 

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

and the lighting on San's face dims (symbolising that he has left the present life and entered the afterlife)

Spoiler

spacer.png

orginal post on theqoo: https://theqoo.net/square/2300224410

I was already pretty happy and satisfied about the ending after the post

But MBC just uploaded a new video on their YT channel today that put together all the happy moments of SanDeok.

And near the end of the video, as San is looking at Deokim's possessions before she died, including the pouch that she never gave him, there is a voiceover of child Deokim's voice from ep 1 about how when someone dies they know everything!!!! So MBC is confirming this as well! 

Makes me so happy and i feel like I can finally recover from the last ep :P

Here's the video from MBC on YT but it's only available for viewing for those in Korea (you can watch with VPN)

Spoiler

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 media (gif, images, videos) per post. Please put any other in the spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

@cecilia So it's confirmation that it is indeed the afterlife and not San's memories? that makes me relieved. At first when i saw the ending i thought of it as the afterlife and the door symbolized that if he went through it he would go back to where Deokim is dead but later when watching the ending again i got more skeptical if it as the afterlife or just San's memories. I shouldn't have seen the ending when it aired since it made me feel so empty and i was unable to sleep that night :D

• Like 3

Actually am still in the TRS withdrawal mode and it's has piqued my interest more on the korean history of these 2 love birds King Jeongjo and Uibin.  That's how the characters were played by the actors and well led and directed by the pd.  Saw some novel spoilers from the Twitter a/c which am posting here:

Reference from the novel on why San took 10 days to visit Deok Im after their first night 

In the novel, (apparently?) san didn't visit deokim for 10 days because he asked the female physician how long would it take to heal after the "first night" and they said it'd take a few days

Cr:@kingsomae

Wow!!! Wasn't king Jeongjo so understanding!!!! :tounge_wink:

2.“Sung Deok Im, a 21st Century Young Girl Captured by an 18th-century independent woman” A nice article about characters of #TheRedSleeveKdrama_TheRedSleeve_2021.png written by Yoon Seok-jin, a pop culture critic and professor of Korean literature at Chungnam National University

https://m.hani.co.kr/arti/culture/culture_general/1025585.html#cb

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Actually am still in the TRS withdrawal mode and it's has piqued my interest more on the korean history of these 2 love birds King Jeongjo and Uibin.  That's how the characters were played by the actors and well led and directed by the pd.  Saw some novel spoilers from the Twitter a/c which am posting here:

Reference from the novel on why San took 10 days to visit Deok Im after their first night 

In the novel, (apparently?) san didn't visit deokim for 10 days because he asked the female physician how long would it take to heal after the "first night" and they said it'd take a few days

Cr:@kingsomae

Wow!!! Wasn't king Jeongjo so understanding!!!! :tounge_wink:

2.“Sung Deok Im, a 21st Century Young Girl Captured by an 18th-century independent woman” A nice article about characters of #TheRedSleeveKdrama_TheRedSleeve_2021.png written by Yoon Seok-jin, a pop culture critic and professor of Korean literature at Chungnam National University

https://m.hani.co.kr/arti/culture/culture_general/1025585.html#cb

Anyeong @pad-hari! I am so happy to see you here.  Still suffering very bad withdrawal (1st time in my kdrama history that hit me so hard) and after rewatching all the BTS, interviews etc but still can't move on. Seems most of our beloved "regulars" have. Kudos to all of you. :kiss_wink:

So now I am rewatching TSR again (but plan to stop at ep16 only..hehe...) and on ep04 now. The earlier episodes of Sandeok are fun and not "intense". Loved it at ep04 when DI was bored waiting on CP, and the open the window to watch the rain. And CP was captivated, stealing glance at her and then quickly (pretend) looked away when DI sensed he was watching. Then after that he looked at her again. And my fav OST Ben was playing...awww...my heart is still tied up in knots!:love::heart:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

@simplesim,  awwww, hifi to you as you are still lurking in the forum too. :love:I am not rewatching the episodes, but all the bts which is fun.  Have to restart once again from ep. 1.  If you go to MDL, there are lot of discussions going on still and the forum is still live.  I started snowdrop drama in between TSR, so I have continued with it.  Hope to see you more in this and some other forum too.  :heart::heartxoxo:

• Love 1