[Drama 2022] Tomorrow, 내일

agenth

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

I'm not happy with the ending, but at least it was open for interpretation. So this is what I am gonna choose to believe. :wub:

It is definitely a good one, and happy too. No hard evidence otherwise means it's a possibility, right? Right. 

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

I hope they learn from this, because it was clear also from the low ratings that people weren't happy with the set-up of this drama.

Rantings is one thing, Internet is the other. Depends which opinion someone choose to follow... And they rather contradict themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Rantings is one thing, Internet is the other. Depends which opinion someone choose to follow... And they rather contradict themselves. 

For MBC domestic ratings are what matter, unfortunately.

Surprisingly enough this has been a pretty big hit on Netflix though. :glasses:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

they deserve that smiling moment....     :highonflowers:

FTS0OtRXoAACBry?format=jpg&name=360x360

Ryeon - ''Lets wait just 50 years''

Joong Gil - '' ...you can get a new member right now''...   :D

I love how relaxed and natural they are together.

Its a beautiful new start...  :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Its a beautiful new start... 

Chingu, thanks for being so encouraging and positive about our Joongryeon getting a happy ending together! I really want to believe that they restarted their romance in the Grim Reaper realm. :wub:

I was so discouraged at first. :criesariver:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Ok I skip a lot but this my interpretation of the ending

Spoiler

Because park ji chong jade emperor save her position and  koo ryeon and I think they show that they could be together because they love each other so they will happy being risk management but I don't like it they need at least why choi wong need connect them why has to be him what was the reason never answered but at least he got a job and everything so off normal he will die 78 years old

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

59 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, thanks for being so encouraging and positive about our Joongryeon getting a happy ending together! I really want to believe that they restarted their romance in the Grim Reaper realm. :wub:

I was so discouraged at first. :criesariver:

The two of them are calm and happy.

The past remained  behind them but they kept their shared memories.

Thats enough for me.

a true fan never losses hope.    :hwaiting2:

the last scene

Joong Gil - '' I was passing by...''   Its ok , baby, we all believe you...   :D

I assume he will find some other reason to stop by her office and she will surely come to his office.

In the hallway they will smile at each other and talk a little longer...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

IM GONNA MISS THIS INTRO! the music, the red thread and opening sequence. There’s no other show that gives me the chills like this one. Usually I skip intro but never do with this one.

As the episode started, I was so immersed when JG and Ryeon met for the first time as reapers and jade empress in joseon clothing. Ah we finally found out he became one after two lifetimes from the one with Ryeon. My imagination kinda went wild and I was like wow what kind of story would we see if the beginning of the show started like this and we focused on these two and joseon period a little before going to modern day. The scene with jade empress and JW asking her if she can help Ryeon was amazing. Jade empress is an incredible actress. From always being friendly, bringing her employees energy drinks and coming in her gardening outfit, we now see the powerful and strong side of her when she slams the table and is no nonsense. We see why she is the jade empress. 

I have to give some props to JW actor too-rowoon Oppa? I can see the difference in his demeanor in the flashback when he first hired by Jade empress vs now. His posture, his tone, his expressions, everything. I can see the devlopment and growth in comparison. WOW.

I feel so bad for newbie in GRs office while JW and RG discussing. Speaking of JW back then, this newbie reminds me of old JW. You are in for a big surprise in this grim reaper gig..good luck oppa. OOOF anddd JG just ripped off your ID.

THE ACTION!! Grim reaper vs hells minions. I wish these directors knew how entertaining this is and how much they could have used scenes like this throughout the show. I am not one for fight scenes but even I am interested in it. So cool how they teleport and move with the black every outfits.

Who else subbed BUCKETS of tears during the “I’ll protect you” scene between KR and CH?

JG cuffed by Ha. Anyone screen capture this? Why does JG look so hawt cuffed or choking someone?! Just give this man his own show already as a main lead!!!

LOVED when jade empress told off Ha and the twist in how she handled all this. Again, makes sense why she’s jade empress. She is a baddie boss  that’s for sure. 

OMG. Amazing actor again. JGs expression and manner of speech toward ryeon changed after getting his memories back. The look in his eyes and way he moves his face like when they were married. Literally this scene of them together when she visits him in his ‘jail cell’ cuffed, I am crying and begging out loud ‘PLEASE why can’t these two be together?! Please let these two be together and have their red thread back!!!’ My shipper heart T__T I was literally secondhand wishing that her wish the jade empress promised to grant would be to repair the red thread between her and JG. PLEASE.

The ending....okay honestly, with all the worse endings we had in mind like JG going to hell or other tragic sad happy endings. This was good. Even open enough for a second season...either way my shipper heart can just mentally imagine a fan fiction where ryeon and JG fall in love again working as reapers since neither reincarnated. I’m happy for JW too. It was a good ending even if it didn’t tightly tie up all loose ends.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I'm going to believe Joong & Ryeon had a happy ending. The fact that she was still wearing the pink eyeshadow that her husband picked out for her, showed us that she still loved him. And he most definitely still loved her too as we saw in their heart to heart talk. We also got a sweet smile between them! :wub:.

Sorry I was trying to quote @partyon to said I agree with you sorry. We had a storm here yesterday and it made my net act up it still is sorry again.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

So I also finished the show. The last episode was better than I feared but they really didn’t do R and J’s story justice at all. If they could have just given us a little more etc. Anyways - I agree with the Happy Ending team - that is the way I’ll take it too! R and J can continue to rebuild their relationship and red thread of fate while working as GR etc. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm happy with the ending although it can be better.  Oh how I wish if there's an additional or special episode focusing on JG/Ryeon and JW/CH.

I thought LSH looks dashing in modern days but he's also a killer in Sageuk.  I agree, we need a new drama with LSH and KHS as leads :love:.

This drama also made RoWoon shines, really happy for him.

Set aside the fiction and fantasy essence of "Tomorrow" drama, it does bring good life lessons to many of us.

Finally I love the RM team members + PJG and the empress, thank you for giving us such a great and entertaining drama, and I'm gonna miss them for sure.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Well this drama is finished. 
LSH and KHS chemistry was off the charts. Hope they have a chance to do another drama together. 

I’m never a fan of open ending but at least we can all think that they had they happy ending. 

I wanna thank everyone.  Thank you for amazing insights. See you guys in another threads. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

So the Finale ...

Just random thoughts on the drama as a whole.

- As others have repeatedly pointed out, KHS & LSH chemistry was off the charts ... and thats with LSH having next to no screen time until the last few episodes - EPIC drama fail.

- The waste of LSH as a talent, I haven't followed the webtoon, but I cannot believe this character was absent as much as his was. Even with a fraction of screen time, he is an awesome screen presence in this drama.

- The entire KR/JG storyline wasn't balanced throughout the episodic stories - I had hoped it would be revealed slowly as was the Man Wol story in Hotel Del Luna.

- The evil Mr Ha character should've been a developed threat over the course of the drama, another waste of an interesting storline

- The fight/action scenes - JG owns them all - how is it that the Writer/PD didn't see the almost immediate buzz LSH brought to the character and adjust accordingly?  I'll echo the multiple calls for LSH to be awarded a Leading Role ASAP ... I'll be watching

- The story plays fast and loose with the supposed rules of the after life, especially near the end ... Was CJW still in oldman guise when he saved the idol??? ... kinda doubt it if their threads were intertwined.

- The ending ... while not anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, it could've been a whole lot better.  If the story had KR & JG remaining reapers then why not allow them to reforge their bonds?  I honestly was enjoying the last episode right up until the scene where KR visits JG in detention - when she walked up to him out of the darkness and they started talking so hesitantly I thought for sure we were going to get our first/post death embrace ... when KR asks ... "what could I have said to you..."  there is a pause ... I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted JG to finish ... "that you still loved me" ... then in awesome JG style, he effortlessly snaps the handcuffs that could never really hold him, and blinks up next to her ...  (insert the PG drama version of a couple hundred years of restrained passion finally let loose, a few words, more kisses, fade to black...)

As for the rest, I loved that the Emperor had orchestrated everything, the reveal with KR in the white room was a good scene.  CJW's  farewell felt rushed, but still almost brought a tear.  The last bit was terrible - I don't mind that CJW might still unknowingly follow his Risk Management ways, just that whole "reunion" scene seemed too campy for a drama that for the most part was seriously dark.  Again, the rules ... telling someone we'll see you when you die, and "we're Grim Reapers"??? ...  sorry that was a horrible way to end it.

Overall, I have to say I'm more relieved by the ending than a fan of it ... cuz it looked for a moment like it was going to be a whole lot worse. 

Thanks for another great thread Chingus, I enjoyed reading your thoughts and insights - see you in the next one :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

You know, I told my dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl that I think that one of the biggest problems with this drama was the fact that it was based on a webtoon that didn't translate well into a drama script.

The webtoon has a lot of cases that are not connected and they tried to incorporate this into the drama 1:1.

What the script writers failed to realize was that the drama audience needs to feel connected with the characters. Using the webtoon's chapter style case set-up didn't work in this setting. The audience needs someone to root for and that's the main leads. That is what is keeping us invested in watching the drama.

The cases should have been 40% of the drama, the rest should have been used to focus on the Reapers' back stories.

@LeftCoastOppadongsaeng I totally agree with what you wrote about Lee Soo Hyuk and Hades. :kiss_wink:

And I love your alternate ending for Joongryeon! :dorakiss:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

What the script writers failed to realize was that the drama audience needs to feel connected with the characters. Using the webtoon's chapter style case set-up didn't work in this setting. The audience needs someone to root for and that's the main leads. That is what is keeping us invested in watching the drama.

I don't think that's this drama's problem. Using case set-up can work if you do it in a good way, e.g. D.P. or Move to Heaven. In this case, the fact they used Rowoon is probably the main issue as he is not ready for such a role that demands great emotional acting and acting depth. Especially the part where he confronted JG made me laugh out loud. Please no haters, but I just didn't buy his emotional scenes. 

And it's outrageous the way they used LSH in episodes 1-14. The back story of Ryeon and JG should have been more fleshed out previously to eps 15-16. Yeah I get it, they wanted to shockl the viewers / plot twist, but it's just not enough. Never seen a "4th lead" (isn't he actually billed previous to the Manager guy? so technically 3rd lead) have such limited time. 

No wonder, people felt like things were lacking... plotwise

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- The evil Mr Ha character should've been a developed threat over the course of the drama, another waste of an interesting storline

Ha looks like weird Korean Johnny Depp version (*cough cough* @confusedheart). 

I agree though he should have been introduced earlier. His intro made me laugh too, because it was all of a sudden. I think it would be great he appears to talk to Ryeon cos he wants her "back in hell" and JG finds this out, because he overhears them and then he is shocked she was in hell (flesh out the scene where he was all like, wow your past as a person from hell - is a betrayal, you worked under me and i had no idea). 

I mean technically he knew she was from hell as director told him, but later in ep 14 or so, he still act shocked?? 

maybe i am misremembering? someone correct me.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, agenth said:

Especially the part where he confronted JG made me laugh out loud. Please no haters, but I just didn't buy his emotional scenes. 

I think he made a decent job. His character was a young, rather inexperienced guy who wanted to kill himself, but even more, he wanted to help people, but lacked the strength needed to do it. His journey more or less was portrayed quite well.

It's that rules breaking mentality that makes things a bit annoying (without much of the consequences for him specifically, which resulted in repeating the behavior, and ignorance to the reasonable objection - not always, but sometimes "he's the breath of fresh air" mantra gets boring pretty fast) and the Emperor blatant leniency towards him (it's clear that he was the one to play at the end the prisoners role originally). Even more than towards KR, which is important employee to her. 

To me this drama played two different plotlines at the same times, that in the end didn't met or have an effect on each other. KR and PJG story fet meaningless in the grand scheme of things. It was sad, beautiful, heartbreaking and... that's it. It was hinted that it might be great and breaking the fate, at the end it just another case of many. It didn't resolve the tension it build through the weeks in the right way, I think.

JW could be put in PJG place in - plot-wise - and it wouldn't change much. On the other hand JW role in the RM Team also felt like it didn't played fully according to the plan. 

Love KR and PJG's story, but it was pushed between the lines, yet didn't affect any of the main theme. PJG was a decoration to the actions of RM Team (an occasional, handsome, deadly obstacle and an empty threat). Mr Ha could take his place and it would result the same thing.  

This drama has good episodic stories written (much worse with editing), but the stories between are lucking connectivity. 

Overall, acting was good (yeah, everyone acted good, some better, some weaker in comparison, but general it was kept on the decent level). The script was all over the place, just like editing. Those two part didn't sync at all. Cinematography was nice, shots creates the mood of heaviness, mysterious, but also light and playful at times. 

Topic itself was treated very well, giving the right amount of details, leaving some to the imagination, touching the ugly truth, maybe a bit too much for the show that's main goal was to entertain (which side stories would give relief and need breath to the tension/emotions). 

Don't liked it that much, but it has its strong points, and a lot of weak. So it's the matter of personal preferences. Wouldn't recommend it with clean conscience though. Only one thread, and even this it also subjective. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, agenth said:

In this case, the fact they used Rowoon is probably the main issue as he is not ready for such a role that demands great emotional acting and acting depth.

Hmm... I think he did a decent job though.

I still think the biggest issue was the writing and the lack of emotional connectivity to the main leads.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 5/22/2022 at 1:52 AM, rocher22 said:

they deserve that smiling moment....     

Ryeon - ''Lets wait just 50 years''

Joong Gil - '' ...you can get a new member right now''...   :D

I love how relaxed and natural they are together.

Its a beautiful new start...  

Ayiii that look! I'm not a fan of open endings either but just the possibility of it is good enough for me at this point. 

22 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The two of them are calm and happy.

The past remained  behind them but they kept their shared memories.

Thats enough for me.

a true fan never losses hope.    

the last scene

Joong Gil - '' I was passing by...''   Its ok , baby, we all believe you...   :D

I assume he will find some other reason to stop by her office and she will surely come to his office.

In the hallway they will smile at each other and talk a little longer...

HAHAHA. JG was really taking the long route -- he would have been stalking Ryeon if he was able to hear the "loud sound" Jun Woong was making hahaha. 

Agree with everyone here that it took so long for the story of GR and JG to be fleshed out, but I guess this is always the drama formula. The writers leave the juicy bits in the last 2 or 3 episodes and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just hope Kim Hee Seon and Lee Soo Hyuk get another drama together, oh man, the tension between them was just sizzling!! :wub:

First time to watch Kim Hee Seon in a drama too, and can I just say she is amazing! I may have to backtrack and check her other work. She did good here transitioning from the cold manager to eventually showing emotion every now and then until fully bringing out her real feelings in the RCH case.

Overall I liked this drama and something I can rewatch all over again (if not just to watch all the LSH parts :phew:)!

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

18 minutes ago, Chesleigh said:

Overall I liked this drama and something I can rewatch all over again (if not just to watch all the LSH parts :phew:)!

I rewatched the scenes between Mr. Park and Mr. Ha... :D

We all know that JG's fight scenes are very powerful but he looked pretty cool even when he no longer

had the strength to fight Mr. Ha.

Even Mr Ha was surprised by JG's persistence.

the interrogation scene..the both men are alpha even though JG's hands were tied and he was kneeling. 

Im a little disappointed that the Emperor managed to deceive Mr Ha so easily. I thought he was smarter.

Anyway, JG was saved.   

FTSTK7_agAAVnIl?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Blob 5