[Drama 2022] Thirty-Nine, 서른 아홉

larus

'Thirty, nine' Jeon Mi-do, a friend I absolutely want to protect

2022.02.28. 9:28 am

202202280925566710_2_20220228092804356.jpg?type=w430

[News Reporter Bae Hyo-joo] Actress Jeon Mi-do is renewing her life's character as Jung Chan-young, 'my friend I absolutely want to protect'. 

Jeon Mi-do, who plays the role of Chan-young Jeong in the JTBC Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah/directed by Kim Sang-ho/produced by JTBC Studio, Lotte Cultureworks), which is deeply moving every Wednesday and Thursday night with the friendship of three friends It makes viewers laugh and laugh every time.

202202280925566710_3_20220228092804406.jpg?type=w430

In the play, Chan-Young Jeong (Mi-Do Jeon) appeared as an acting teacher who instructs the actors and left a strong impression with her strong and outspoken tone. The most free-spirited of her three friends, she was in charge of laughter between the calm and rational Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin) and the innocent Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyun), sometimes acting like a strong older sister and sometimes like a mischievous little brother. 

Jeong Chan-young, who is attractive with her cool and cool emotions in everything, showed an uncharacteristic view of her when it comes to her unique love. She is living with her ex-lover Kim Jin-seok (Lee Moo-saeng), who started a family, and her current colleague, and she cannot give up her affectionate feelings. When arguing with Cha Mi-jo, who criticizes her for her teeth, Jeong Chan-young's confusion and complexity are expressed as it is, and Jeon Mi-do (Jung Chan-young)'s passionate performance, who delicately revives her complex and complicated feelings, makes viewers unable to take their eyes off them.

202202280925566710_4_20220228092804420.jpg?type=w430

The 4th episode, when Jeong Chan-young, who knew how to play with her friends for the rest of her life and had a never-ending relationship with Kim Jin-seok, was sentenced to death, was an episode where she could deeply appreciate Jeon Mi-do's acting skills. Jeon Mi-do's thorough character research shows the feelings of despair from the news that came without notice, the fear of telling loved ones, the helplessness and impatient feeling of the limited time, and the vague fear of death. 

Among them, the scene in which she confessed to Kim Jin-seok of her terminal condition was a scene that gave a glimpse of Jeon Mi-do's true value. Jeong Chan-young, who jumped and became angry with Kim Jin-seok, who was going to divorce her wife, fell to her knees and begged her because of her urgency. However, she could not turn back her determined Kim Jin-seok, and after resigning, she eventually brought up the story of herself being ill. Jeon Mi-do, who vomited the mixed emotions of regret and sadness with tears, made even the viewers cry.

Spoiler

202202280925566710_5_20220228092804436.jpg?type=w430

Also, the scene where he bowed his head and cried over the friendship between Cha Mi-jo, who gave up studying abroad for himself, and Jang Joo-hee, who gave him the great fortune of winning the lottery, is also considered an impressive scene. The appearance of holding back the tears that was filling up with the promise of becoming an exciting time limit was completed with the sincere acting of Jeon Mi-do who was assimilated into the character, giving a deep sense of immersion. 

In this way, Jeon Mi-do captures the joys and sorrows of Chan-young Jeong, who passed away at the age of 39, and expects the story of Chan-yeong Jeong, an ‘exciting deadline’, who decides to use the remaining six months of her time only to create happiness. is doing 

JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:30 pm, and the 5th episode to be aired on March 2 (Wednesday) is broadcast at 10 o'clock following the debate of the 20th presidential election candidates.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000546874

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 4

“Thirty-Nine” Star Yeon Woo Jin On Past Failures In His Love Life + How He Practiced Kissing For Romance Dramas

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 27, 2022
by E. Cha

Yeon Woo Jin got honest about his love life on the latest episode of “My Little Old Boy”!

On the February 28 broadcast of the SBS reality show, the actor made a guest appearance as a special MC. After introducing him as Son Ye Jin‘s love interest in the new drama “Thirty-Nine,” the hosts asked the star about his dating style in real life.

When asked whether he was the type to make the first move when he liked someone, Yeon Woo Jin replied, “I think I’m the type to not make a move. I’m not good at confessing my feelings.”

He went on to recall, “There was one time when a woman I liked contacted me first. She asked me what I was doing that weekend, and I thought, ‘Oh! This is an opportunity. I should express my feelings today.’ So I went to meet her, and she told me that there was someone she liked. She wanted to ask me first what I thought of him.”

As the hosts and the panel of celebrity moms expressed their sympathy, he continued with a laugh, “So I badmouthed him a lot and told her, ‘He’s no good. I don’t think you should go for that kind of guy. Don’t date him.’ And then I drank a lot of alcohol later that day.”

Yeon Woo Jin also revealed that age didn’t matter to him when choosing a partner, commenting, “I really feel that way. I think I’ve dated in the past without caring about age differences.”

Yeon-Woo-Jin-2.jpg

When the hosts asked Yeon Woo Jin if he’d been popular with girls in grade school, the actor answered, “No, I wasn’t popular at all,” before sharing a painful memory from his high school days.

“One of the only places I was able to occasionally meet girls was at my after-school academy,” he explained. “One day, I got to class early and because I wasn’t feeling well, I was lying face-down on my desk [with my head hidden in my arms]. Then a bunch of girls came in giggling and started talking about me… because I was lying face-down [and they couldn’t see me], they started saying how they thought I was short and unattractive right in front of me.”

“I was so embarrassed that I couldn’t lift my head up,” continued Yeon Woo Jin. “So I kept my head in my arms right up until class started. I didn’t want them to see me. I think I became traumatized then, and that’s why I have a hard time confessing my feelings first. But I really wasn’t popular at all.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1514949wpp/thirty-nine-star-yeon-woo-jin-on-past-failures-in-his-love-life-how-he-practiced-kissing-for-romance-dramas

• Like 4
  • Love 1

<Thirty, Nine> Ep 5 to be aired on Wed 03/02  is broadcast at 10pm KST due to debate of SK 20th Presidential election candidates.

EP 4| Cha Mijo and Kim Seonwoo BTS

Translations
Spoiler

Spoiler

Son Yejin passion and dedication

A character interview you’ve heard in person

JTBC IG update “To Do List 39”

• Like 3

Thirty-Nine: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by quirkycase

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/TN_wk2_08.jpg

In the wake of the tragic news, our clinic director struggles to cope and her strange behavior begins worrying those around her. Her almost-beau steps up to the plate and does his best to console and support her as she tries to figure out how to break the tragic news to her friends. Meanwhile, our cosmetics counter manager gets closer to her neighborhood restaurant owner.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

Before picking up where we left off last week, we get a retroactively sad flashback where the trio talks lightheartedly about who will hold their funerals and decide that Chan-young will live longest. Then, we’re back to Mi-jo stumbling out of Jin-seok’s office.

Sun-woo makes me like him even more this week with his gentle care in the wake of Mi-jo’s concerning meltdown. He follows her out because she’s obviously not okay and in no state to drive safely. She wants to see Chan-young, so he drives her there without question.

Sohn Ye-jin does a great job conveying Mi-jo’s shock and pain through her dead-eyed stare and volatile emotions. She goes from numbness to rage after she arrives at Chan-young’s and overhears Jin-seok’s wife KANG SUN-JOO (Song Min-ji) berating Chan-young for her relationship with Jin-seok. When Sun-joo makes a comment about Chan-young needing to live well in her remaining years, Mi-jo physically attacks her.

Needless to say, everyone around Mi-jo is concerned for her at this point with her out-of-character behavior and soulless eyes. She insists she’s fine which is an obvious lie. It’s Sun-woo who manages to get the truth out of her the next day and does what he can to support her emotionally while she figures out how to tell Chan-young.

I find it disconcerting that, for some reason, the duty for telling Chan-young about her terminal illness falls to Mi-jo rather than Chan-young’s doctor. And why was she told before Chan-young anyway? She’s not even a family member!

Regardless, knowing the truth, it’s hard to watch Chan-young happily visiting her parents and talking about how she’ll care for them when they get old. When Mi-jo finally does tell her, Chan-young takes it in stride. Chan-young did order a CT scan, so she seemed to know something might be up. She stays calm even when her doctor tells her she has a less than 1% chance of survival.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/02/thirty-nine-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

• Like 3

'Thirty, Nine' Son Ye-jin X Jeon Mi-do X Kim Ji-hyun, 21 years of friendship... Broadcast at 10 o'clock on the 2nd [TV Alert]

2022.03.01. 9:19 am

0000605939_001_20220301091901579.jpg?type=w430

'Thirty-nine'./Photo courtesy of JTBC Studio

JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' 5th episode to be aired tomorrow (March 2nd) will be broadcast at 10pm, 30 minutes earlier,  following the 3rd Candidate Debate of the 20th Presidential Election. 

The brilliant friendship of Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun in 'Thirty, Nine' is touching the hearts of viewers. 

Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin), Jung Chan-young (Jeon Mi-do), who become stronger after facing the ordeal of a friend's death in the JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine' It depicts the friendship of Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyun) and delivers deep emotions and lingering emotions every week. 

In particular, the prologue, which opens with a piece of the memories of the three friends, and the scene reminiscent of the past unfolding in between, not only give strong sympathy and laughter, but also support their friendship and cause over-immersion. So, from the age of 18 to the end of their thirties, I looked into the 21-year history of friendship between three friends. 

▲ One day at the age of 18, three high school girls without contact become friends! 

The first meeting of the three friends took place one day at 18, when Cha Mi-jo went to Siloam Bunsik to see his biological mother. Cha Mi-jo, who lost her wallet while riding the subway, was helped by Jeong Chan-young, who was a passenger at the time. Cha Mi-jo, who was given a 10,000 won ticket and said, “I’m going to do my best to help neighbors in need,” burst out crying, “Do I look pitiful?” Jeong Chan-young, unaware of the circumstances of her search for her biological mother, is angry at her absurdity. out and followed her.

The place that Cha Mi-jo and Jeong Chan-young went to was a snack restaurant in Siloam in Gocheok-dong. At that moment, while watching her master aunt, wondering, 'Isn't it her mother,' Jang Joo-hee, the daughter of a snack shop, appeared. Cha Mi-jo, whose all she knew about her birth mother was the Siloam Food House in Gocheok-dong, summoned Joo-hee Jang to her back alley to investigate her hogu, and found out that she wasn't her mother. Although Cha Mi-jo could not find any traces of her mother, she became friends with Jung Chan-young and Jang Joo-hee, who shared special memories, even with the words 'like family'. end of their thirties.

▲The Black History of Humiliation, the 20s of the 
three friends in their 20s was the time when the dark history of humiliation was engraved and Jeong Chan-young's old love began. 

First, in the last 4 episodes, the episode in which entry was denied at a nightclub caused laughter. Unlike Chan-Young Jung and Joo-Hee Jang, who were stylish, Cha Mi-Jo's appearance did not match the knight. Her schoolboy look won't work in a nightclub. The three friends who were cut at the entrance eventually headed to the food stall. Joo-hee Jang, who was looking forward to her exciting birthday party at the nightclub, could not hide her disappointment, and to make matters worse, the humiliation that even her birthday candle was blown out in the wind without notice unfolded, and her funny (?) Memories were made 

On the other hand, when the three friends were in their 20s, there was a first meeting between Jeong Chan-young and Kim Jin-seok (Lee Moo-saeng). Cha Mi-jo, who was playing with his friends as usual, had something to receive from his brother, Kim Jin-seok, whom he knew, so he called him to his place. Kim Jin-seok, who was about to give her things and went out, saw Jeong Chan-young and fell in love with her at first sight, forgetting her busyness and sitting there. Chan-young Jeong also felt the same emotions, and a long and bitter relationship between the two began. 

▲ At around 39-39, who did not know that they were 'dear' to each other like this, the 
three friends who thought they would get used to meeting and parting were faced with an ordeal they had never thought of before, having to let their friends go. 

Chan-Young Jung was sentenced to six months in life for pancreatic cancer. There were hard times when the tears did not dry out.

However, as the time I could spend with Chan-Young Jeong continued to pass, I couldn't help but be engulfed in sadness. Cha Mi-jo then decided to spend the rest of the time happily with Jung Chan-young with Jang Joo-hee, and she asked to be the most exciting time-limited woman in the world. It was a moment of intense support for the 39-year-old women who faced the pain of life and death. 

As a result, attention is being paid to what will fill the remaining time with the three friends' 'exciting time-limited project'. In addition, the 21-year friendship episode, which has not yet been released, is also expected to be approached with fun and emotion in the remaining developments. We look forward to the next story of 'Thirty, Nine', which will unfold the second act of the friendship of three friends that will shine beyond the closeness. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/396/0000605939

• Like 2

Tonite Ep 5 will broadcast 30 mins early at 10pm KST,  following the 3rd Candidate Debate of the 20th Presidential Election. 

New Still | Mijo & Joohee starts taking care of Chanyoung :bawling:

0-D56-E835-E69-A-421-D-AE47-1357281-BBB7

C42590-A9-0328-417-D-B8-A9-0-C07-C909-FF

'Thirty-nine' Jeon Mi-do gives up chemotherapy → Releases bucket list for Son Ye-jin x Kim Ji-hyun 

2022.03.02. 8:45 am
Reporter Kim Bo-ra | NEWSEN

0004566041_001_20220302084503858.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo-ra]

'Thirty, nine' Jeon Mi-do sets a bucket list for Son Ye-jin and Kim Ji-hyun. 

In the 5th episode of JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho), which will be aired on the 2nd, Jeong Chan-young (Jeon Mi-do), who has been sentenced to death, reveals the bucket list that she has been thinking about for a long time, and it will wet the bedroom. am. 

In the last 4 episodes, Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin) and Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyun) decide to spend the remaining six months of her time with Jung Chan-young doing the things she wants to do. Rather than receiving chemotherapy, she promised to "be the happiest and most exciting end of the life" instead of respecting Chan-Young Jung's will, "I want to live a normal life even if I live one day." Curious about what to fill the remaining time with, the so-called 'Frenzy Deadline Program'.

In the midst of this, in the photo released on the 2nd, the appearance of three friends gathered at Jeong Chan-young's house attracts attention. It is heartwarming to see the peaceful and friendly time of three friends: Mijo tea, who eats olives that are good for her body, Chanyoung Jeong, who frowns as if she is not happy, and Joohee Jang, who narrows her brow at the same time. 

On this day, the three friends gather for the frantic end-of-day program and decide to bring out the plans they have ambitiously prepared. Among them, Joo-Hee Jang scours the internet all night and takes out her wretched paper, expressing her confidence and showing signs of seeing her win with quality and quantity. Then Cha Mi-jo also comes up with the idea he had in mind, but Jung Chan-young only responds, "It's not novel. It's boring." 

Having dismissed all of her friends' opinions, Chan-young Jeong carefully confesses her long-disturbed bucket list, embarrassing Cha Mi-jo and Jang Joo-hee. With only six months left to live, Chan-Young Jeong said that her lifelong dream is for her friends, Mi-Jo Cha and Joo-Hee Jang, not her own bucket list. 

Cha Mi-jo and Jang Joo-hee, who are lost for words in an unexpected story, and Jeong Chan-young, who is more serious than ever, are looking forward to today's broadcast of what the 'Frenzy End-of-Time Program' will turn out to be. 

Episode 5 of 'Thirty, Nine', where Jeon Mi-do's bucket list will be released, will be broadcast at 10 o'clock on the afternoon of the 2nd after the 3rd Candidate Debate of the 20th Presidential Election ends. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004566041

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Son Ye Jin, Jeon Mi Do, And Kim Ji Hyun Poke Fun At Each Other Before Focusing On Tearful Scene In “Thirty-Nine”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 1, 2022
by S. Cho

JTBC has shared a new making video for “Thirty-Nine”!

“Thirty-Nine” stars Son Ye JinJeon Mi Do, and Kim Ji Hyun as three friends who met in their second year of high school and are now on the verge of turning 40. Son Ye Jin plays Cha Mi Jo, the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam, Jeon Mi Do plays Jung Chan Young, an acting teacher who previously dreamed of becoming an actress, and Kim Ji Hyun plays Jang Joo Hee, a department store cosmetics manager.

At the start of the video, Son Ye Jin, Jeon Mi Do, and Kim Ji Hyun are gathered for rehearsals in Jung Chan Young’s lesson room. Son Ye Jin suggests a few changes for the scene and the trio briefly run through their lines while making jokes. As they prepare to film, Jeon Mi Do and Kim Ji Hyun sit on the couch and wait for Son Ye Jin to enter. The director asks Kim Ji Hyun to move back on the couch and the two actresses joke, “It’s such a mess because we’re both just rookies.”

They finish the emotional scene and Son Ye Jin and Jeon Mi Do huddle up to monitor their work. Jeon Mi Do asks, “Was it natural? I’ve learned something new,” and Son Ye Jin jokingly continues to give her one-on-one coaching.

However, Son Ye Jin is the one who’s unable to contain her laughter as they continue. Jeon Mi Do displays consideration for her character’s love interest as she tells them, “Jin Seok oppa [Lee Moo Saeng] is waiting.” Despite saying this, Jeon Mi Do continues to poke fun at Son Ye Jin by making jokes and trying to make her laugh.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1515232wpp/watch-son-ye-jin-jeon-mi-do-and-kim-ji-hyun-poke-fun-at-each-other-before-focusing-on-tearful-scene-in-thirty-nine

• Like 2

Oh I have watched the first two episodes of this drama and the episodes are still being added. I love the plot so much. They're also great actors and actresses. I've missed so many korean dramas but somehow this made me watch again. I have so much on my list. haha

Son Ye Jin, Jeon Mi Do, And Kim Ji Hyun Share Ideas From Their Bucket Lists In “Thirty-Nine”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 2, 2022
by L. Kim

JTBC has given a sneak peek of the upcoming episode of “Thirty-Nine”!

“Thirty-Nine” stars Son Ye JinJeon Mi Do, and Kim Ji Hyun as three friends who met in their second year of high school and are now on the verge of turning 40.

Son Ye Jin plays Cha Mi Jo, the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam. Jeon Mi Do takes the role of Jung Chan Young, an acting teacher who previously dreamed of becoming an actress, and Kim Ji Hyun stars as Jang Joo Hee, a department store cosmetics manager.

Spoilers

Previously, Cha Mi Jo and Jang Joo Hee decided to respect Jung Chan Young’s wish to not receive chemotherapy. Instead, the trio made a vow to spend Jung Chan Young’s remaining six months doing everything they wanted to do. With their new goal of making Jung Chan Young the happiest terminally ill patient in the world, they will try to find ways to make the most of her final moments.

The newly released stills show Cha Mi Jo, Jung Chan Young, and Jang Joo Hee taking the first step towards that objective. They’re spending quality time at Jung Chan Young’s house, and the atmosphere is warm and bright as usual. Cha Mi Jo feeds Jung Chan Young a healthy olive, and Jung Chan Young frowns in displeasure. Even Jang Joo Hee furrows her eyebrows in distaste.

thirty-nine-2.jpg

Spoiler

thirty-nine-1.jpg

On this day, the three friends will come up with plans for their bucket list. In particular, Jang Joo Hee earnestly shares the ideas she has researched all night long, and Cha Mi Jo adds her own suggestions as well. However, Jung Chan Young rejects all of their opinions, saying they’re either “unoriginal” or “boring.”

However, after much thinking, Jung Chan Young confesses her bucket list, causing her friends to become flustered. That is because the things she wants to do are not for herself but for Cha Mi Jo and Jang Joo Hee.

kim-ji-hyun-1.jpg

“Thirty-Nine” also shared a glimpse of the blossoming romance between Cha Mi Jo and Kim Sun Woo (Yeon Woo Jin).

The previous episode ended with Kim Sun Woo finding out that his sister Kim So Won (Ahn So Hee) was working as a hostess at bar. He tried to force her to leave the place, but he was kicked out instead. Cha Mi Jo happened to witness Kim Sun Woo at his worst moment, piquing curiosity about what will happen next.

The second set of stills show Cha Mi Jo visiting Kim Sun Woo, who is going through a rough time. Kim Sun Woo looks surprised by her unexpected visit. Cha Mi Jo gives him a warm hug that shows her deep affection for him, and her expression is full of seriousness and sympathy as she consoles him. Prior to this, Kim Sun Woo comforted Cha Mi Jo when she found out about Jung Chan Young’s illness, so viewers are eagerly waiting to find out how Cha Mi Jo will soothe Kim Sun Woo’s wounds this time.

Spoiler

yeon-woo-jin-son-ye-jin.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1515312wpp/son-ye-jin-jeon-mi-do-and-kim-ji-hyun-share-ideas-from-their-bucket-lists-in-thirty-nine

• Like 3

My heart fluttered when Mi Jo grabbed So Won's hand/wrist eheheh. :wub: Perhaps these 2 make a better match over her with Seon Woo eh LoL? :w00t: And she'd have a love triangle with Chan Young, wouldn't that make for a better drama instead LMFAo??!! 

And why is Joo Hee still here LoL? The poor thing get overlooked, dismissed by her besties ouch. There's like no chemistry between her & the chef either sighs. 

I think it's sweet that Chan Young is givin' back to her besties. My heart breaks for her folks; they seem so close.. 

Seon Woo will have a hard time when his dad find out Mi Jo is an orphan like So Won. That'd be another hurdle to their relationship. 

• Like 1

Why do I feel like Joo-Hee's mom is actually Mi-Jo's mom? The way she reacted! Overall it was a pretty slow development for these two episodes, with a whole episode focus on how Chan-Young is debating all her feelings about having her illness.

[Edit: I rewatched the scenes with Joo-Hee's mom and looks like it's not her after all!]

In that case, I'm excited to see more Joo-Hee scenes next week, hopefully the show has more scenes for her (she was good in Artificial City and it would be a waste not to use her acting skills)!