[Drama 2022] Remarriage and Desires/The Bride of Black, 블랙의 신부- Kim Hee Sun & Lee Hyun-wook

larus

Watch: Kim Hee Sun Is Hell-Bent On Getting Revenge Against The One Who Ruined Her Life In “Remarriage & Desires” Teasers

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 2, 2022
by L. Kim

Netflix’s new series “Remarriage & Desires” has unveiled its main poster and main teaser!

Starring Kim Hee SunLee Hyun Wook, Jung Yoo Jin, Park Hoon, and Cha Ji Yeon, “Remarriage & Desires” revolves around Rex, a matchmaking agency that specializes in the remarriages of ambitious clients who strive to marry rich spouses. The five actors portray people who gather at Rex for different reasons. The drama is helmed by producing director (PD) Kim Jung Min (“Bad Guys,” “Squad 38”).

Kim Hee Sun stars as Seo Hye Seung, an ordinary wife and mother who loses everything due to the sudden death of her husband and jumps into Rex in order to get revenge against Jin Yoo Hee (Jung Yoo Jin), the one who ruined her life. Jin Yoo Hee is a lawyer who will destroy everything in her way in order to get what she wants.

Lee Hyun Wook plays Lee Hyeong Joo, a chairman of a self-made venture company, while Park Hoon transforms into Cha Seok Jin, a professor who is fighting against his stepmother Choi Yoo Seon (Cha Ji Yeon) for the huge inheritance left by his father. Choi Yoo Seon is the CEO of Rex, a top matchmaking agency with its firm logic that “marriage is a business where supply and demand meet.”

The newly released poster features all five characters who steal attention with their stunning attire. Each of them are wearing something black, but Seo Hye Seung takes the cake with her sparkling white wedding dress that has flattering yet eerie black designs at the end. The text on the poster reads, “A scandal of revenge and desire.”

Remarriage-and-Desires.jpeg

The tantalizing teaser begins with Jin Yoo Hee, saying, “Let me marry a Black Level member.” At Rex, a Black Level member is the most wanted spouse due to the fact that it means they’re the wealthiest. Excitement buzzes at the matchmaking agency when Lee Hyeong Joo arrives, and Choi Yoo Seon describes him as “a new premium item with assets of two trillion won ((approximately $1.5 billion).”

Referring to her greatest nemesis Jin Yoo Hee, Seo Hye Seung claims, “I will never forgive that woman. She’s the one who pushed my husband to his death.” In order to pay Jin Yoo Hee back for what she did, Seo Hye Seung enters Rex to get in the way of her burning ambitions to marry a wealthy man.

Enraged, Jin Yoo Hee demands, “Do you really think you can win against me?” In response, Seo Hye Seung vows, “You’ll never have it your way.” Furthermore, Choi Yoo Seon says, “Mr. Lee Hyeong Joo wants a trophy wife,” and the CEO goes on to say, “I don’t trust women.”

Things heat up as Jin Yoo Hee and Seo Hye Seung’s ill-fated relationship spirals out of control, but Seo Hye Seung stands her ground as she firmly states, “Just wait. I’ll make your life hell. I will never let you get what you want.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533854wpp/watch-kim-hee-sun-is-hell-bent-on-getting-revenge-against-the-one-who-ruined-her-life-in-remarriage-desires-teasers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

by lo_ve, July 1, 2022
6 1

Netflix's original series "Remarriage and Desires" released its first official trailer.

On July 1st Netflix released the official poster and the main trailer for the upcoming drama "Remarriage and Desires."

In the teaser clip, it showcased the rivalry between the characters played by Kim Hee Sun and Jung Eugene. It also revealed how Lee Hyun Wook's character will be the vital point of their revenge and desires.

"Remarriage and Desires" will revolve around an upperclass matchmaking company. Women strive to marry a desirable bachelor not for love but also to be part of elite society. The series will also showcase the revenge and desires of each character.

Kim Hee Sun will play the role of Seo Hye Sung. She lost everything in a blink of an eye including her husband. She then became part of an upperclass matchmaking company.

Jung Eugene will play the role of Jin Yoo Hee, the main reason for the downfall of Seo Hye Sung.

Lee Hyun Wook will play the character named Lee Hyung Joo. The wealthy man who got the highest grade in the matchmaking company, which is the Black level. He joined a matchmaking company to find a trophy wife.

Other cast members of the drama include: Park Hoon, Cha Ji Yeon, Kim Yun Seo, Kim Young Hoon, Kim Mi Kyung, Baek Joo Hee, Kim Sa Kwon, Kim So Ra, and more.

"Remarriage and Desires" will premiere on July 15th. It will exclusively be available on Netflix.

Watch the trailer here:

pmOOb_2f.png

This will be the second drama of Kim Hee Sun for the year. She started 2022 with the series "Tomorrow" with SF9's Rowoon and Lee Soo Hyuk

The actress will also lead the upcoming movie "Sweet and Warm."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/remarriage-and-desires-confirmed-to-premiere-this-month

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Hee Sun, Lee Hyun Wook, Jung Yoo Jin, And More Get Entangled In Complicated Relationships In “Remarriage & Desires”

Get ready for an intriguing roller coaster of events in Netflix’s upcoming series “Remarriage & Desires”!

Starring Kim Hee SunLee Hyun Wook, Jung Yoo Jin, Park Hoon, and Cha Ji Yeon, “Remarriage & Desires” revolves around Rex, a matchmaking agency that specializes in the remarriages of ambitious clients who strive to marry rich spouses. The five actors portray people who gather at Rex for different reasons. The drama is helmed by producing director (PD) Kim Jung Min (“Bad Guys,” “Squad 38”).

Kim Hee Sun stars as Seo Hye Seung, an ordinary wife and mother who loses everything due to the sudden death of her husband and jumps into Rex in order to get revenge against Jin Yoo Hee (Jung Yoo Jin), the one who ruined her life. Jin Yoo Hee is a lawyer who will destroy everything in her way in order to get what she wants.

Lee Hyun Wook plays Lee Hyeong Joo, a chairman of a self-made venture company, while Park Hoon transforms into Cha Seok Jin, a professor who is fighting against his stepmother Choi Yoo Seon (Cha Ji Yeon) for the huge inheritance left by his father. Choi Yoo Seon is also the CEO of Rex, a top matchmaking agency that firmly believes that “marriage is a business where supply and demand meet.”

Kim Jung Min remarked, “Some people think marriage is the completion of love, but others believe it is also a means of raising status, wealth, and maintaining power.” This drama will center on the latter idea and show the greed of humans through the business of marriage that the upper echelon usually engage in.

Concerning the characters, he explained, “They seem to have completely different desires. They only start off differently, but it all results from ‘self-love.’ As you watch these people race towards their own ambitions, I hope it will be a time to ask yourself what kind of ambitions you have and how you’re living your life.”

Lee Hyun Wook remarked, “The topic of a matchmaking company was new,” and Jung Yoo Jin commented, “It’s a story that is both provocative and realistic.”

“Remarriage & Desires” recently shared an intriguing glimpse of the characters and how they become involved with each other. First off, Seo Hye Seung is hell-bent on getting revenge against Jin Yoo Hee, who will do anything to achieve her goals. The two characters will continuously engage in a war of nerves, and their animosity will cause tension to escalate.

Jung-Yoo-Jin-Kim-Hee-Sun-800x533.jpg

Jung-Yoo-Jin-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Hee-Sun-800x533.jpg

Lee Hyeong Joo and Cha Seok Jin are two members of the “Black Level.” At Rex, a Black Level member is the most wanted spouse due to the fact that it means they’re the wealthiest. They will increase immersion in the story as they form ties with Seo Hye Seung and Jin Yoo Hee.

Choi Yoo Seon exudes charisma as the CEO of Rex, yet she’s veiled in mystery. She made Rex the best matchmaking agency, and it will be exciting to learn what role she plays in the relationships of Seo Hye Seung, Jin Yoo Hee, Lee Hyeong Joo, and Cha Seok Jin.

Spoiler

Lee-Hyun-Woo-Cha-Ji-Yeon-800x533.jpg

Jung-Yoo-Jin-Lee-Hyun-Woo-800x533.jpg

Park-Hoon-Kim-Hee-Sun-800x533.jpg

Kim-Hee-Sun-Lee-Hyun-Woo-800x533.jpg

Cha-Ji-Yeon-800x533.jpg

Park-Hoon-800x533.jpg

Lee-Hyun-Wook-800x533.jpg

” Remarriage & Desires” will premiere on July 15. Watch a teaser here!

Kim Hee Sun, Lee Hyun Wook, Jung Yoo Jin, And More Get Entangled In Complicated Relationships In “Remarriage & Desires” | Soompi

• Like 1

Finished all 8 episodes of the drama in one Day, one sitting hahah.  Such guilty pleasure type of drama.  Some parts the plot feels forced and the flow of the story line is awkward, but have to say I keep wanting more and ended up finish watching it all on the premier day LOL.

Nice to finally see Lee Hyun Wook plays a protagonist role. He has a certain charm and charisma that draws you in. Kim Hee Sun is still beautiful, and I like her role in this drama better than “tomorrow”.  

• Like 5

Spoiler

It wasn’t a bad show. Just bummed we never got a single kiss or intimate scene between the endgame couple. The show itself was mature and had very sensual scenes with side characters, so the vibe was there, but I dunno maybe the actress just not into that. I saw her in tomorrow, which she did great but despite her characters in both shows vastly different, she seemed like she had the same expressions and body languages like the other show. Not much variation like actress in attorney woo or Eve. Just like tomorrow, it also had no kiss scenes with her love interest. I still love the actress and give props to the show though overall.

@FavSong_JKWLsame chingu! Crazy coincidence we made a post at same time when thread was dead right before. Will there be a season 2?

I think what kept me from adding this show to a rewatch list is the feud between two women. I see it in Eve, I see it in most revenge dramas and I’m kinda sick of it, at least why her has character getting revenge on the corrupt bad guys. Maybe if the enemies were SJs dad and congressman SP I would have enjoyed the fights more than seeing two women go after each other along with the rest also backstabbing each other or in competition for a man. I’m sick of plot lines like that. Even male leads doing it. Why make love rivals friends if they gonna like the same person...it’s not entertaining to watch unless they mature enough. They somehow can still be friends and respect their mutual crush somehow. Honestly just make another love interest or second lead so that we can see characters be bestie with someone and rivals with someone separate. It’s yuck when it someone they were friends with 

• Like 5

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Remarriage and Desires/The Bride of Black, 블랙의 신부- Kim Hee Sun & Lee Hyun-wook
On 7/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, philosophie said:

I would have enjoyed the fights more than seeing two women go after each other along with the rest also backstabbing each other or in competition for a man. I’m sick of plot lines like that.

Me too. I decide to not watch this for this reason and because I sense it will be makjang which I don't like. I hope there won`t be a second season but being on Netflix with 8 episodes format we never know.

Premiere Watch: Dear X Who Doesn’t Love Me, Remarriage & Desires

by missvictrix

July has been too quiet in terms of dramas, but our first premieres of the month are here! This week we have a youth fantasy drama from TVING, and a revenge satire from… Netflix?

Remarriage & Desires

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/rd_pw.jpg

Time slot: Friday (single drop)
Broadcaster: Netflix
Genre: Revenge, melo, satire
Episode count: 8

Reasons to watch: Kim Hee-sun is back on our screens super fast after Tomorrow, probably thanks to the fact that Netflix produces their content way in advance of release. She’s joined by Jung Yoo-jin (who I love from Romance is a Bonus Book), Park Hoon (who I love from Memories of the Alhambra), and Lee Hyun-wook (who I don’t love from Sunbae Don’t Put on That Lipstick). The setting is a super elite marriage agency that matches up potential couples based on their wealth and other stats (or should I say specs). They’re the upper crust of the upper crust, and something tells me they don’t actually care about emotional honesty or love. The drama is promoted as a revenge melo that goes all in on the satire, but I’m just wondering if Netflix can pull off something that’s fun and cutting at the same time.

TL;DR: Queen Kim Hee-sun, Netflix, marriage agency, revenge, super elite 1%, eligible (but questionable) bachelors, vases will likely break

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/premiere-watch-dear-x-who-doesnt-love-me-remarriage-desires/

• Insightful 1

Remarriage & Desires: Episode 1 (First Impressions)

by solstices

rd1_0.jpg

EPISODE 1 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The drama opens with KANG NAM-SHIK (Kwon Hyuk) standing atop a rooftop, looking forlorn. His phone, left behind on his desk, rings with a call from his spouse SEO HYE-SEUNG (Kim Hee-sun).

Nam-shik steps onto the ledge, and a pair of manicured hands reach for his back. But the hands aren’t there to save him — they shove him right off. (What a chilling bit of symbolism.)

We rewind back, and Hye-seung jerks awake just as prosecutors knock on the door. They’re here to seize the house and its items, and as she follows them, she notices a golf scorecard in the car’s trunk. On it are the names of her husband and another woman, and there’s a golf ball with their initials, too.

Recalling that Nam-shik had lied about playing golf with company executives on his birthday, Hye-seung’s confronted with the truth of her husband’s adultery.

Nam-shik’s in hot water at work, too — he’s been utterly played by his mistress JIN YOO-HEE (Jung Yoo-jin), who seduced him into buying stocks under her name and subsequently framed him for assault and blackmail.

Yoo-hee feeds this lie to Hye-seung as well, and Nam-shik returns home to a divorce agreement on the table. Pushed to the brink with no one who believes him, Nam-shik calls Hye-seung one last time to apologize and admit the truth.

That’s the last she ever hears from him — Hye-seung rushes home, only for Nam-shik’s body to come crashing down on a car right in front of her.

We skip ahead to 2022, where Hye-seung is now working as a teacher at an academy. She receives a text congratulating her about her new membership at Rex, which puzzles her since she didn’t sign up for it.

Well, it turns out her mother did it on her behalf — Rex is an elite matchmaking service for the top 0.1 percent of South Korea, led by CEO CHOI YOO-SUN (Cha Ji-yeon).

Hye-seung’s determined to make it on her own, but her dinner with her old university professor soon turns awry when he reveals his lecherous intentions. She immediately excuses herself, but she runs into old classmate CHA SEOK-JIN (Park Hoon) in the restaurant’s hallway.

He gives Hye-seung his business card, but she’s too humiliated to stay for a proper conversation. Seok-jin may have been rebuffed by the arranged marriage candidate his father introduced him to, but he looks much more affected by Hye-seung’s hasty departure.

We’re introduced to Lee Hyung-joo (Lee Hyun-wook) via a sailing escapade and a lavish pool party; if there’s one thing for sure, it’s that this guy is loaded.

Hyung-joo is the CEO of a game development company as well as the 30th richest man in the country, but there’s one little bump on his perfect track record. He’s divorced, and he has a young son from his previous marriage.

Hyung-joo’s mother is adamant that he remarries, even going as far as to sign him up for Rex, so he ends up meeting with Yoo-sun. Hyung-joo has no interest in remarrying, since he no longer has any trust in women, but Yoo-sun’s good with her words.

She describes remarriage like a business pitch, pointing out the profit and reputation that Hyung-joo stands to gain from it. It works, and Hyung-joo officially joins Rex.

His requirements for a partner are simple — he doesn’t care for their past, and he’s open to lower-level members. All he asks for is that his prospective spouse can hold a good conversation with him.

With his illustrious background, Hyung-joo’s caught the attention of Yoo-hee, who even slips a Rex manager an envelope of money to ensure that she gets matched with him. Ever the gold digger, this one.

Hye-seung heads to Rex to ask for a refund on her membership, and while she waits in the lobby, she hears a very familiar name. Whirling around, she accidentally knocks a vase off its display, and the crash as it hits the ground mirrors the plummeting of her heart as she recognizes an all too familiar face — the mistress that ruined her marriage.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/remarriage-desires-episode-1-first-impressions/

• Like 1

ep 3 

My fav character is Hyungju..  he seems to be the only one who wants a normal life.

Everyone else wants some revenge.

I love the first encounter between him and SH. She looked beautiful in that light pink blouse.

I think CEO Choi is in love with Professor Cha.   :unsure:

It was exciting that the member IDs were replaced.

Poor HY..nothing went according to her plan.    :D

FXcH_2mUIAIIV2y?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2

Binge watched all 8 episodes yesterday, and I love it.  Although just 8 episodes, I'm so glad we don't have to wait for new ep each week.

I feel bad for Prof Cha, just too bad Hye-Sung's heart is with Hyung-Ju. It's kind of relief to see Minji being exceptionally happy for her mom whomever she marries.  Just too bad CEO Choi, you will not get the full inheritance since Prof Cha did not marry HS.

Overall it's a great drama.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

I laughed when HJ asked CEO Choi to introduce him to Zeus.

Professor Cha is so lonely and I assume he still loves HS.

But, I think it is late for these two.  

ep 6

such beautiful scenes for my OTP

the yacht scene, the night drinking scene...

My fav scene was their car ride,  they just kept silent and listened to the music...

FXx-N4iagAAqTi0?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love the OST

• Like 2

Not a fan of this kind of drama but can’t believe that I binge watched it the day it was released:D

it’s addictive.. i mean i need to see the downfall of Yoo Hui. Hate her so much. So kudos to her for making me hate her so much.

i’m happy with the ending. But i’m a bit disappointed with the lack of skinship with the end game couple Hyesung-Hyung Jae. The drama is so sensual and yet the main lead didn’t have so much screen time together. but even with the lack of skinship, their chemistry is the bomb!

As much as i need the 2nd season, i’m worried that both main lead will have to suffer again. This kind of drama really made your high blood pressure increased.

i hope both got another project soon. 

congrats to the RAD team. Ranked no 8 worldwide.

Quick Poll: Favourite Superheroes and Villains! :coolshades:

This is war! :cheers:

Hello everyone! We love our superheroes and hate the villains with vehemence. These characters have left an indelible mark on us. So, it's time to let the whole world know! Vote for your favourite superheroes and villains. Now!

Re:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

Remarriage and Desires Twitter Reactions: Kim Hee-sun Steals the Show

One of the biggest K-dramas of July Remarriage and Desires (블랙의 신부) has captured the viewers’ attention with its revengeful plot filled with twists and turns that are set to keep you hooked till the end. The satirical K-drama had already made waves after the trailer was released, but it has created a storm after fans finally got to see this show that blew away their minds.

With a total of 8 episodes that are around 60 minutes long each, the plot revolves around the Korean upper class which takes marriage and remarriage as a way to move higher in society. However, the desire to find the perfect marriage has hidden secrets behind it, with some wanting power and some playing a game for revenge. The show has portrayed powerful women who are capable of changing the world as they want. Directed by Kim Jeong-min and written by Lee Geun-yeong, the series stars Kim Hee-sun, Lee Hyun-wook, Jung Yoo-jin, Cha Ji-yeon, Park Hoon and other cast members.

Remarriage and Desires has been receiving immense love and support from fans after its release because of the plot, the performance of the actors, the twists and the chemistry between the characters. Viewers turned to fans who have taken over Twitter to share their feelings for the show as they anticipate a second season after the ending that has left them with an open door. One of the most appreciated performances in the show is that of Kim Hee-sun who portrayed the character in a way that mesmerised the audience. The show is taking its place among the best Kdramas of the month and it definitely deserves a spot on the list.

We have brought to you some of the fans’ reactions from Twitter to show how much this show is loved and it is worth the watch!

https://www.leisurebyte.com/remarriage-and-desires-twitter-reactions/

23 hours ago, yanki222 said:

Binge watched all 8 episodes yesterday, and I love it.  Although just 8 episodes, I'm so glad we don't have to wait for new ep each week.

I feel bad for Prof Cha, just too bad Hye-Sung's heart is with Hyung-Ju. It's kind of relief to see Minji being exceptionally happy for her mom whomever she marries.  Just too bad CEO Choi, you will not get the full inheritance since Prof Cha did not marry HS.

Overall it's a great drama.

Me too! Finished the 8 episodes in one day! However, I must complain everything was great except for the ending.  I didn’t see why they make professor cha go thru that.  V unnecessary. I like him just as much as the main lead. 

• Like 1

I bingewatched it too, but somehow it was still lacking. I didn't really feel the chemistry between the leads, to be honest second lead was very strong.

A lot of things didn't make sense to me, then again I did FF some scenes. 

Mainly the lawyering bit, where the SFL would just randomly create clauses and nobody would know that they are dangerous and then she'd be like

american horror story surprise bitch GIF

and this coming from a chaebol guy with multi billion won company. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont like the last two episodes...even that wedding scene was a bit weird

a bit only? very diplomatic of you to say so :D

i also thought it funny when they portrayed hermes as super awkward guy that couldnt get "any women to look at him" during the masquerade cos they only were interested in Zeus.

Also it was peculiar when hermes was like "hey zeus you're such a cool guy. we should meet up in our private time" - just randomly after speakign like 5 sentences with the guy :D

and yea the wedding scene where they just switched the groom...

but yes the OST is great. *added to spotify

• LOL 3