[Drama 2022] Remarriage and Desires/The Bride of Black, 블랙의 신부- Kim Hee Sun & Lee Hyun-wook

larus

I love this!

But I have to agree that the ending smacks of old fashioned drama vibes.

In fact, I think all their entrapment scenes ere a bit over the top.

Maybe to show how rich LHJ was?

Anyway, yes I binge watched it in one day...what is 8 eps if it this thrilling, sensual and the villain is super annoying?

• Like 2

Hi, first time posting here. I, too, binge-watched the show, but was frustrated:

- I have been too spoiled with smart characters in revenge drama, who take time to study their enemy, then come up with a plan, then execute it. It's more fun to watch. It didn't happen here, at least not for most of the drama

- I understand the FL was grief stricken and still processing the shock of being cheated on then the husband dying in front of her, so shockingly, but I got annoyed at all the talking with no plans, the making of threats but not even having a plan in the beginning about how to catch the killer/liar, just lots of relying on luck in the beginning.

- I enjoyed the acting, but thought the writing, plot + backstories, could have been stronger. The ending felt rushed.

- No on-screen kiss between the leads was weird...

In short, I was expecting stronger storyline, but the actors did well. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

Hi, first time posting here. I, too, binge-watched the show, but was frustrated:

- I have been too spoiled with smart characters in revenge drama, who take time to study their enemy, then come up with a plan, then execute it. It's more fun to watch. It didn't happen here, at least not for most of the drama

- I understand the FL was grief stricken and still processing the shock of being cheated on then the husband dying in front of her, so shockingly, but I got annoyed at all the talking with no plans, the making of threats but not even having a plan in the beginning about how to catch the killer/liar, just lots of relying on luck in the beginning.

- I enjoyed the acting, but thought the writing, plot + backstories, could have been stronger. The ending felt rushed.

- No on-screen kiss between the leads was weird...

In short, I was expecting stronger storyline, but the actors did well. :)

Yeah, I definitely agree with the chasteness between the leads.

I guess they were keeping us hanging as to who she would end up with?

The ex BF or LHJ...which is why she didn't kiss either of them. 

I she did kiss one, I would assume he'd end up with her.

But still weird that they are all way above legal age and still not much skinship or kissing, even at the end.

• Like 2

Jung Eugene Shares Her Struggles Playing a Villain in Netflix’s ‘Remarriage & Desires’

538338_753070_2944.jpg

The actress stars in the series as a lawyer named Jin Yoo Hee who uses every means to get what she wants, even if it means abetting a murder. She remarked, “I played many female antagonists who have a crush on male protagonists and bully female leads, but Jin Yoo Hee is the worst one as she commits crimes to achieve whatever she wants. The director once gave me a piece of advice, saying, ‘I want you to play a new type of villain and come up with one that we’ve never seen before.’ I worried a lot, but I loved Jin Yoo Hee’s backstory. The hardest thing was to play this character with a more relaxed manner and tone as the director had suggested.”

Eugene also shared what was challenging about bringing the character to life, saying, “My eyes started to hurt as I continued to film those rage scenes. I suffered a lot from headaches. While filming, I couldn’t feel my eyes turning red as I was too focused to use my entire face to get the right emotion. I remember that Lee Hyun Wook once said, ‘I can see your eyes turning red, which means you are doing a great job.’ I feel grateful for what he said, but I still had those eye pains and headaches throughout the shooting.”

She jokingly added, “I remember the comment that said, ‘That piercing gaze of her must’ve made her eyes 2mm longer than they were before.”

My Netflix auto played this after I watched WYW and I am not a fan of this genre usually but i can’t stop watching lol. I am only on ep 3 tho. I liked that our FL isn’t all that smart re the revenge game because it made it more realistic? If she was that smart, I would have expected her to intervene earlier re the husband’s affair etc. I am wondering who the ML between the Game CEO guy and her ex. 

Edit: I finished it. So in the end did Mrs Choi get her husband’s fortune or did our second male lead got it but gave her some? Because it was his mother’s wealth from the beginning, correct? I agree with everyone that I wish we had more interaction between the leads too. The show was goof up until Ep 7 and 8, when it is a max rush to wrap up all the craziness. The ending is super Kdrama lol. 

I have a feeling that there will be a part two somehow too.

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2