• Director:  
  • Writer:  
  • Network: KakaoTV
  • Production:  
  • Genre:  Mystery, Romance, Fantasy
  • Episodes: 12, 20 Minutes 
  • Release Date: July 30th, 2021

Plot:

A fantasy mystery romance about two unique high schoolers who become involved in a series of mysterious incidents. 18-year-old Ga Doo Shim who wishes to live as a typical high schooler but is born with the undesired fate of becoming a shaman. She is a brave and strong character who will fight evil spirits as she works on solving mysterious cases. Na Woo Soo, a nearly perfect high schooler with a wealthy background, handsome looks, and outstanding grades. When Ga Doo Shim suddenly appears in his life, he gains the ability to see evil spirits, and the two get entangled in mysterious cases together.

Cast:

• Kim Sae Ron as Ga Doo Shim
  • Nam Da Reum as Na Woo Soo

• Source: Soompi, see below

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Kim Sae Ron And Nam Da Reum Announced As Leads Of New Fantasy Romance Drama

May 6, 2021
by D. Kim

Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum will be uniting for a new drama!

On May 6, it was announced that the two actors have been confirmed for the new Kakao TV drama “Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” (literal title).

The fantasy mystery romance is about two unique high schoolers who become involved in a series of mysterious incidents.

Kim Sae Ron will play 18-year-old Ga Doo Shim who wishes to live as a typical high schooler but is born with the undesired fate of becoming a shaman. She is a brave and strong character who will fight evil spirits as she works on solving mysterious cases.

Nam Da Reum has been cast as Na Woo Soo, a nearly perfect high schooler with a wealthy background, handsome looks, and outstanding grades. When Ga Doo Shim suddenly appears in his life, he gains the ability to see evil spirits, and the two get entangled in mysterious cases together.

Kim Sae Ron commented, “As it is a fantasy genre [drama] that stirs up your imagination, it was so fun reading the script. Ga Doo Shim, who rejects her fate and tries to live the life she wants, was also charming. I think it is a drama you will enjoy. Please look forward to it.”

Nam Da Reum shared, “I really had fun reading the script, and Na Woo Soo’s contrast from my previous characters felt more charming. Meeting the director gave me further anticipation and assurance about the project. I will work hard in order for the drama to receive lots of love, so please show lots of support for ‘Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim.'”

Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum both debuted as child actors. Kim Sae Ron, who debuted at the age of nine, has impressed in various genres with projects such as “The Man from Nowhere,” “Hi! School – Love On,” “Mirror of the Witch,” “Love Playlist Season 4,” and more. Nam Da Reum debuted at the age of six in “Boys Over Flowers” has since become known for playing the younger counterparts of many actors such as Lee Jong Suk in “No Breathing,” “Pinocchio,” and “While You Were Sleeping,” Yoo Ah In in “Six Flying Dragons,” Jang Ki Yong in “Come and Hug Me,” Kim Seon Ho in “Start-Up,” and more. After playing a leading role in “Beautiful World,” he will now be taking on the male lead of a romance drama for the first time.

“Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will consist of 12 episodes, each about 20 minutes long. Filming will begin in May, and it is scheduled to premiere sometime in the second half of this year via Kakao TV.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

• 1 month later...
  • agenth changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Shaman Girl Ga Doo Shim, 우수무당 가두심, premieres on 30 July 2021

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/30/k-exorcism-drama-the-great-shaman-ga-doo-shim-will-be-released-worldwide/
K-Exorcism Drama ‘The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim’ Will Be Released Worldwide

by krishkim | images: Kakao TV

7F98BD06-6D3C-44C7-AE3B-ACE4784F5EF7.jpg

The upcoming series The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim will meet global viewers from Asia, the America, Europe, and Oceania.

The new Kakao TV original series The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim is a fantasy romance drama. Ga Doo Shim, a girl who was born with an unwanted fate of becoming a shaman, teams up with Na Woo Soo, a boy who willingly sees the ghosts, to uncover the secrets behind the mysterious incidents.

Set in a high school, the series will present thrilling fun with the mysterious deaths of students. But at the same time, it will also draw sympathy from viewers by portraying social issues from various perspectives through an act of exorcism.

EB1F104D-F247-4AE0-B25B-2174D9C6B1A1.jpg

On July 30th at 8 PM KST, Kakao TV unveils the first episode of The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim. A new episode will be uploaded every Friday. In the meantime, the series will also be unveiled through iQiyi (Southeast Asia and Taiwan) and Viki (Americas, Europe, and the Middle East).

The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim boasts the veteran staff members – Stranger cinematographer Jang Jong Kyung, The World of the Married and Descendants of the Sun lighting director Yoo Jae Kyu, and Itaewon Class and Voice 3 editor Oh Sang Hwan.

Plus, Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum take the lead in the enchanting thriller series. Also, Moon Sung Geun, Yoon Seok Hwa, and Bae Hae Seon complete the work with their outstanding performance.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/07/29/entertainment/television/The-Great-Shaman-Ga-Dooshim-Kakao/20210729185000688.html
The Greatest Shaman

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | July 29, 2021

[KAKAO ENTERTAINMENT]
The cast of Kakao original series “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” — from left, actors Bae Hae-seon, Nam Da-reum, Kim Sae-ron, Yoo Seon-ho and Moon Sung-geun — pose during an online press event on Thursday. The series revolves high school student Ga Doo-shim, a talented shaman (played by Kim) and her classmate Woo-su (played by Nam) who has the ability to see ghosts. The pair work together to solve mysterious events happening in their school. The first episode is scheduled to air on Friday 8 p.m. [KAKAO ENTERTAINMENT]  

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065605307173591
The Great Shaman Ga Doo-shim, Kim Sae-rom, "hardest was fighting figureless enemies"

2021-07-29

364E9366-4245-4508-9FDF-CA6730DD4CCE.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by KaKao TV broadcasting the drama, shows actress Kiim Sae-ron. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

DCCDD904-B949-4A04-8958-7D16C5BCE00B.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by KaKao TV, show the poster of "The Great Shaman Ga Doo-shim" (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, July 29 (Yonhap) – KakaoTV predicted its first airing of the original series “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” on the 29th. 

This exorcism genre is about Ga Doo-shim, a shaman girl born with an unwilling destiny and Woo-soo, a boy who happens to see ghosts, solving the school’s mysteries together to safely pass the age 18.

Actress Kim Sae-ron, acting for the title-role, introduced Ga Doo-shim, “a brave and confident girl, denying her destined life as a shaman which has been descended for 3 generations, and trying to seize her own life” on an online production announcement. 

She also added, “though its main subject was shamanism, shaman but after reading the script for the first time, I thought the drama was rather about humanism. And I wanted to find out how this brave and truthful Doo-shim would fight off the evil ghosts.”

Kim, who once acted as a child actress, is now getting into school uniforms again after a long time. “I still feel comfortable with the uniforms”, and with a smile, “I have worn them many times so there wasn’t any awkwardness during shooting”, said Kim. 

The hardest part for her was “fighting against figureless enemies. Because I had to fight off the evil ghosts, there were a lot of actions than expected”, and she explained, “I acted wishing for the whole procedure of this cold character opening up her mind through Woo-soo to be well expressed in a rather short time.”

Kim’s partner actor Nam Da-reum commented that, “the plot was attractive in that an exotic and unfamiliar evil ghosts appear at a school which is a familiar and friendly place” and “also, I can show the viewers a new me through the character Woo-soo.” 

He added, “on the day we were shooting the scene where Doo-shim’s grandmother ghost comes to us, the frame on the back of the classroom suddenly fell which gave all of us a shudder, and we thought maybe the grandmother’s ghost has really entered to room” and he wished the grandmother ghost for the drama’s ‘hit’. 

“I produced the drama hoping that the watchers would realize that we are all someone who can live with his or her own special strength other than studying”, and “While providing various entertainments I also wanted to portrait many lives too. Anyone can identify with the story since it is about the growth of the teenagers. We hope for producing season 2, if possible”, said Park Ho-jin PD, in charge of directing. 

Apart from Kim and Nam, in the drama appears Moon Sung-keun, Yoo Seon-ho, Bae Hae-seon, Lee Ji-won and Yoon Suk-wha.

It is in total 12 episodes and will be on screen on Fridays 8 p.m.  (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• Like 2

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Shaman Girl Ga Doo Shim, 우수무당 가두심 - Fri. @ 20:00 KST

I like that it's just under 20min. per ep. Good for those with short attention spans like me eheh. Now if only C-Dramas can follow the same. 

It's a pretty fun watch. It reminds me a lot of "Sell your Haunted House" but with a teen cast. And this deal with bad grades. 

Already there's a wrist grab & a hug scene for the 2 young leads. Sae Ron look mature here. Love her Bob hair. Da Reum is adorable. 

• Blob 1

Finished both episodes today. I like seeing them together, visually perfect onscreen. 

I'm glad Sae Ron took this role. And so glad that her leading man is close to her age,too. 

I like what I've seen so far. Will definitely be waiting for the next episode. 

I do not really like short episodes, but here is just the perfect format and content of the episode, in 20 minutes had time to show enough. This case looks like a full-fledged drama and the main characters, a wonderful tandem, they look and act organically. The plot is very interesting, but I'm more interested in looking at the relationship of the characters than at the ghost hunt.

• Like 1

Whenever there is a ghost drama, I will be summoned. Hehehe. Just can't resist them. I was really missing Sell your haunted house. Glad I stumbled upon this. Episodes were so short and it leaves me wanting more. I have a busy few weeks ahead, so I guess waiting for every Friday wouldn't be too crazy for me. Doesn't it drive you nuts to wait a week to watch a drama?

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF