[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Hometown Cha Cha Cha is officially my favourite Kdrama now. Episode 13 was so well-written, each expression, gesture, so thoughtfully performed. Even small things like Hye Jin couldn't open the umbrella fully while getting Bora's mother in the car, obviously in a hurry.

I cried quite a bit last night. I had to pause each scene because I was welling up every 5 mins. Then I had to rewind and watch it again because I had to take in each expression without glancing at the subtitle. As a result, I took 3 hours to watch the whole episode, replaying each scene.

Mi Seon's encouraging warm words to Eun Cheol, that he is smart and he can skip a few steps, she would be with him all along. Bora supermarket owner's (forgot her name :/) outburst. In popular culture and around us when people discuss pregnancy and a new baby, all expressions are happy, it's almost like sugarcoating what the mother goes through. Nobody talks about it and even when they do, it's always said that all the pain is worth it because you get a baby. In the process, the mother's actual physical and emotional pain get completely ignored. I've seen this within my family too. New mothers struggle with their babies so much but they are always expected to do it with a smile because having a baby is so blissful! Having a baby must be an amazing experience but mothers also should have a space to speak out, they shouldn't have to bottle it all up. They won't become bad mothers if they say it out loud how painful the whole thing is. When Bora's mother cried that how her body gets completely ruined in the process, how she has no control over her body during pregnancy that she can't even tie her own shoelace, I felt it in my bones. I cried with her. 

How perfectly Du Sik understood her problems and told his friend what he needs to do. And how Hye Jin's simple words of admiration lit up supermarket owner's face when she was at her lowest, when she was feeling worthless. Hye Jin is such a sensitive person, she is straight forward, honest which at times can be interpreted as arrogance, then when she's in love she's head over heels and she also knows when to offer encouragement and kind words. She knows the importance of empathy.

Hwa Jeong restaurant owner's story has my whole heart. The actress is wonderful, I'm in awe of how well she portrays each emotion Hwa Jeong goes through, their story could have a whole show and I'd watch it. 

Coming to our lead couple, I'm so moved by their interaction, I'm at a loss of words. It was obvious they they would have some confrontations, Hye Jin will not suddenly be ready to settle down to the life that Du Sik leads, that would be unrealistic. And Du Sik cannot change his ways for her sake, they both will need to discuss and find a middle ground that suits both. But to do that, Du Sik will also have to fight the demons of his past. When Hye Jin's friends from Seoul ask her about her marriage plans and she seems hesitant about it, I thought that would lead to problems between her and Du Sik. But later after the baby is born, we see that Hye Jin is a lot more involved than we thought she is, or probably she herself didn't realise how deeply into it she is. But Du Sik's vague responses are not helping her. Du Sik needs to think this out through. If he has got into a serious relationship, he should have the answers about marriage, children or should at least be ready to discuss these things. And that again needs him to delve into his past and deal with his emotional turmoil. It's obviously very difficult. But in the very least, he should tell Hye Jin that he is dealing with something traumatic, he is trying, he is into this with her, but he needs time. Hye Jin is completely in the dark, she doesn't know about his nightmares, she doesn't know that he goes to therapy even now. To her, he is completely shrouded in mystery and is not ready to commit as much as she has. And she finds it insincere. The next episodes will tug at our heartstrings. I'm ready to cry a river yet again. But I'm not ready to let go of this wonderful show yet. :/

Shin Min Ah has started articulating her 'okay' like Kim Seon Ho, whether they discussed this or it's just something she picked up from him, it is a nice touch. ^^

• Like 9
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Also I have gone detective mode as well and went back to see the epilogue for Episode 9 where Du Sik is at the funeral and omg I never even noticed it but it really does say "Park Ha Rang" and "Kang Seon Ah”

It's kinda blurry but you can make out the Korean characters! I think whoever posted about Ji PD knowing Seon Ah and Ha Rang is right because Ji PD clearly says Ha Rang when on the phone call. No wonder the drama focused on the convo....

I was also thinking that Seon Ah comes down to Gongjin because she hears from the hyung that Du Sik ran into while on a date with Hye Jin in Seoul, that Du Sik's hyung must've told her that he ran into Du Sik and he is back in his hometown, Gongjin. Maybe that's why she called Ji PD as well because he is filming in Gongjin. Plus it seems like it has been awhile since the two have talked so she must've called her to ask him about something. This is my prediction for why Seon Ah is in Gongjin.

The tweet and @ferily eagle eyes are correct. Also the little boy Park Ha-rang is ALIVE, maybe inside Seon Ah’s car visiting Ji PD.

2-A30-F166-B008-4570-8905-A235-E7-D6-B4-

7-B4-B0-A7-A-0-AA7-4-E18-8-F0-A-5-F52-E2

C39-B6-A92-3-E10-47-E1-9-D21-B149-BD83-D

Back in Aug, tvN put up a HTCCC audition for a 2-3 year old boy with double eyelids (lol) and height around 95cm for Ha-rang role. Filming was scheduled on Aug 29 after lunch.   

Spoiler

0996-F8-C5-675-F-44-E0-8310-CE8-FF386-C0

Netflix yesterday has updated HTCCC rating which maybe smth to do with Seon-ah husband death?!?

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, L A said:

I am a little confused though and could you clarify your theory a bit more? If Ji PD asked the person on the phone, "Is Harang still doing good?", that means Harang should still be alive? Then why is his name mentioned in the funeral scene? 

In the funeral scene, the deceased's child's and widow's names are posted. So, in this case, Ha Rang and Seon Ah are the two names that are on the board as the surviving family members of the person who died (the husband/father died).

So Seon Ah, the widow, called Ji PD in the restaurant, and he said hello to her and then asked after Ha Rang. (Edit: just noticed that @bearcreek posted the GIF sequence above. Thank you bearcreek!)

Crazy that Ji PD knows noona and the child, and crazy that the show has been dropping clues like this!

Also, if anyone has read Outlander, at least books 1 through 3, this reminds me so much of Jamie and Claire's story, where Jamie is absolutely terrified to tell Claire the truth for fear of losing her. I can see this in Du Shik - something from his past is so bad and so haunting that he's afraid if he tells Hye Jin that she will turn on her heel and leave. He doesn't yet have the confidence that their relationship can handle his truth. She feels like he's hiding something from her - which he is - but she may need to understand that he needs a LOT of reassurance that she'll stand by him even after the secret comes out.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, bearcreek said:

The tweet and @ferily eagle eyes are correct. Also the little boy Park Ha-rang is ALIVE, maybe inside Seon Ah’s car visiting Ji PD.

Back in Aug, tvN put up a HTCCC audition for a 2-3 year old boy with double eyelids (lol) and height around 95cm for Ha-rang role. Filming was scheduled on Aug 29 after lunch.   

Hide contents

0996-F8-C5-675-F-44-E0-8310-CE8-FF386-C0

I think this will be a wonderful way to make Ji PD’s role more meaningful and important to the overall story arch besides being DS’s love rival (who didn’t even do much rivaling haha). It is also a way to “repay” DS for the friendship and kindness they shared. 

Oh, forgot to mention the last episode was so well acted by both, especially KSH. He does the “tears in eyes” so fantastically well! Can see the shimmer of tears and redness of eyes but yet not so much that the tears flow down. How does he control the amount of tears in eyes?! 

I also like the way the writer links back to the bucket list. At first it just seem like a excuse to make the couple do silly things but it makes sense when Hj said he is so willing to do all the things in her bucket list but yet he doesn’t seem to make his own demands/ expectations regarding the relationship. It is like he just go with the flow on whatever she wants but does not express his own desires and feelings. How do I say it, it may feel to her that he doesn’t 
fee as invested in the relationship. Of course she didn’t get to see his bucket list unlike us.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 12

WOW! so much to read. I love how this thread is moving. :thumbsup:

Today is World Mental Health Day, Writer-nim has taken this into account in planning this episode to showcase the importance of mental health. Let's trust our writer and know she will fill us in with the details of DS trauma. Mental health is impacting many societies around the world and far more because of covid. Please look after your own well being and find the courage to seek help from both a professional and your love ones. Know that you are never alone. 

Enjoy OST 7 release "Here Always" by Stray Kids member Kim Seungmin

Lyrics translation - :tears:

• Like 5
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, Dramadee24 said:

Firstly I read a few comments of people saying HJ is too pushy and that she needs to give DS time n space. Let me ask if you have known a guy for 3 mths, dated him for 2 more, confessed your Love yous wouldn't you be curious to know more about him?? 
You know this person graduated from a top uni but lives a YOLO lifestyle, you ask pointed questions reg the future and he evades, wouldn't this raise red flags??  Yes he us a nice guy, yes he seems everything wonderful but when you are dreaming about long term, you want to know more. Being a woman, I think dreaming about marriage, family when you think you met the one isn't a stretch.
When you love someone , you want to know more about them, it is only natural.

Completely agree. The comments calling Hye Jin nagging, shallow, controlling etc. are very unfortunate. Hye Jin doesn't know anything about her boyfriend that the neighbours from Gongjin don't know. In fact they know more about Chief Hong than she does. For them he's Chief Hong, we all as viewers see the wonderful Chief Hong but she needs to get to know Du Sik. 5 years missing from someone's life and he's evasive about it is a massive red flag and nobody, man or woman will be okay with it. Having said that, she will have to give him more time and she will, if he asks her to. But he has to say that. She is right when she says that she has opened up to him, he knows about her mother's death, her step-mom situation but she doesn't know anything about him. Also, we see that Du Sik wanted to change her from the very beginning. He kept talking about how she hasn't changed and he was wrong to how she has changed now. Clearly, Hye Jin has made efforts to change some things about her, because she wants to give it her all. If I'm doing that for a man, who doesn't even have a steady job, I don't know what his future plans are, the least I'll expect is complete honesty from him. Also, he shouldn't have brushed aside her question about having children. She was nice enough to let that slide but these are important questions especially for women, and if the man is wishy washy about such things we feel that he is not serious. 

When I was in a relationship, my then partner said he didn't want any kids and his views will not change even with time. I, on the other hand don't want any biological kids but I'm open to the idea of adopting. But I was okay with his decision too. Good thing is he was clear about these things rather than saying something vague. Communication is important.

• Like 12
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

When you try to make something you saw on Kdrama :D

Haha! I love this gif. It's like HJ is going to make seaweed soup for the whole of Gongjin. :joy:

33 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Today is World Mental Health Day, Writer-nim has taken this into account in planning this episode to showcase the importance of mental health. Let's trust our writer and know she will fill us in with the details of DS trauma. Mental health is impacting many societies around the world and far more because of covid. Please look after your own well being and find the courage to seek help from both a professional and your love ones. Know that you are never alone. 

Wow! The writer-nims are really in sync with all these things. Like they also have the typhoon names and dates correct when referenced in the past episode. Hoping they could share some insight into World Mental Health Day, as part of the healing, to the audience. 

DS looks so defeated here :( I can't help but be sad for him. KSH is a really expressive actor and I admire his sad/angry/crying acting a lot more because he really portrays strong emotion. 

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Enjoy OST 7 release "Here Always" by Stray Kids member Kim Seungmin

Lyrics translation - :tears:

Love this OST! So glad they've finally released it. 

And yep loving all the discussion this thread is generating, its definitely a good read and nice to see various views :)

I have faith that Hye Jin, after her talk with Hwa Jeong, will realize that she has been hasty in pressuring Du Shik to reveal his past. Whilst I feel that she is slightly pushy, I don't believe that she's eager in a negative manner, rather it's her haste in wanting to move forward as an entity. To do it as a couple requires understanding of each other, past, present and future.

After seeing that added preview for tonight, where Du Shik proceeds to call her at the end of the clip, I have even more faith that his painful past will slowly unravel tonight as he starts to tell her his story (he mentions in the initial long preview for ep 14 something along the lines of "this may be a long story to tell").

Super excited to see how this all unfolds, and to witness more brilliant acting from Kim Seon Ho! (KSH is a natural at comedic acting, but displays SO MUCH depth when it comes to mellow scenes) :sparklyeyes:

Omg Lee Sang Yi just updated his IG, with a kid he called Ha Rang! All your deductions are right and he knows the family!! 

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

EP 13 LATE REVIEW :

Hmm Theory is somewhat confirmed, few weeks back I did see on twitter the teacher from True beauty sharing a similar surname with Chief Hong , so it might be his brother or cousin maybe.

I am gladd the moron Husband of restaurant owner is trying to be a sensible MAN , even if very late. 

Hmm I don't exactly know the timeline but it has been not too long that HyeJin and DuSik started dating, I felt him not telling her about a photograph and her blurting all her insecurities at one go to the extent of saying that DS is not a man she recognizes anymore is too much.

But then again HJ needs resolution early she simply refuses to live in vagueness or insecure environment so that reaction was expected, did not help that DS went mum on the whole confrontation. She is a Woman who knows her WORTH, and that is something a Lot of Girls in Love forget. Kudos to that. !!!!

Hey 3 Episodes left, we still don't know the Past he refuses to talk about. I mean...oh well.

• Like 5

Some IG updates

Look we have the mystery boy - Park Ha-rang

Leesangyi IG post

Spoiler

https://www.instagram.com/illusomina/

ImageImage

https://www.instagram.com/seonho__kim/

Congratulations Kim Seon Ho, he now has 7 million IG followers 

I'm constantly AMAZED with this writer. I will definitely watch more of her work 

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Although I never posted anything here before, I've been diligently following all the episodes and posts here. Since everyone is talking about Dushik's trauma, let me give my two cents as well. Some people said in the previous pages that maybe DS was also a Seoul person and I think that's the case. If I'm not wrong he cut contacts with all the Gongjin people except Gamri after graduating from university. Perhaps after graduating from a top university and getting a good job he became arrogant and felt he was better than others. 

That noona(forgot her name) must have asked him for help when her husband was in danger. But instead of helping him he choose his career and ambition and arrived late. It caused the husband to die. Perhaps that's why he's blaming himself and living a simple life to atone. 

The reason why he's hesitant to tell HJ other than it's difficult to open up to others can be he's afraid that HJ will leave him after knowing this 'selfish' side of him. As they are bringing the wife in Gongjin, I think she will be one to tell him that he's not at fault and after hearing from the person who's been affected most by the incident he will finally get out of his guilt.

Some people are criticising HJ for the way she's behaving. When I watched Ep13 preview I thought she's being impatient as well. But after watching the episode I understand her. The whole episode she was curious but still patient with him. After experiencing such a big event of her life with him she wanted to feel closer to him by discussing their future but DS just pretended to sleep to avoid her so I believe it must been triggering for her. If I'm in a serious relationship with a man and he's evading questions about kids then I'd also feel stressed.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Although I never posted anything here before, I've been diligently following all the episodes and posts here. Since everyone is talking about Dushik's trauma, let me give my two cents as well. Some people said in the previous pages that maybe DS was also a Seoul person and I think that's the case. If I'm not wrong he cut contacts with all the Gongjin people except Gamri after graduating from university. Perhaps after graduating from a top university and getting a good job he became arrogant and felt he was better than others. 

That noona(forgot her name) must have asked him for help when her husband was in danger. But instead of helping him he choose his career and ambition and arrived late. It caused the husband to die. Perhaps that's why he's blaming himself and living a simple life to atone. 

The reason why he's hesitant to tell HJ other than it's difficult to open up to others can be he's afraid that HJ will leave him after knowing this 'selfish' side of him. As they are bringing the wife in Gongjin, I think she will be one to tell him that he's not at fault and after hearing from the person who's been affected most by the incident he will finally get out of his guilt.

Some people are criticising HJ for the way she's behaving. When I watched Ep13 preview I thought she's being impatient as well. But after watching the episode I understand her. The whole episode she was curious but still patient with him. After experiencing such a big event of her life with him she wanted to feel closer to him by discussing their future but DS just pretended to sleep to avoid her so I believe it must been triggering for her. If I'm in a serious relationship with a man and he's evading questions about kids then I'd also feel stressed.

Hi! I'm new here and just lurking and reading all of your discussions and I enjoyed every thing im reading particulary this post.  Your theory is highly plausible. I think Du Sik became this selfish person or should I say ambitious man who prioritized his career more because I think he also wanted to prove something to himself after being orphaned and losing his Grandpa and you know when you are in a big city the need and pressure to fit in and survive is a must he became this Very goal oriented person pretty much like Hye Jin  too after her break up with her college BF she changed a lot ,  her fashion sense etc. To a point that  she  seemed superficial and materialistic I guess its the same thing that happened with Du Sik . Losing grip of their old self and  like what you said something happened with that family and DuSik was not able to be there in time to help them and the chief Hong we know now is doing all these selfless act to atone himself and living a laid back life until he met HJ I think he saw himself in Hye Jin too aside from those fateful encounters they had when they were young. He's this one person in GongJin who understands Hye Jin's attitude and tried so hard to change her because he knew that underneath that superficial act is a woman who is kind hearted. SikHye couple we all thought that they are the opposite of each other but in fact inside they're quite similar

And also as much as I understand DuSik's trauma Im on HJ on this one. As a woman I would love to know the dreams and aspirations of the man Im SERIOUSLY dating. I want to know him what makes him tick, laugh and cry? why is he like this and that or  if Im part of his future or whatever plans his making. Its not nagging or being pushy its not being selfish Its wanting what I feel I deserve. Truth and honesty. I DO Understand though that its scary for Dusik to reveal the truth but he needs to communicate. Its hard for a woman to keep guessing what's on his mind.  I love this drama so much the setting is very similar to when the camellia blooms.

Edited by KdramaAdik75
Wrong pronoun
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Ep 14 starting now.... such mixed emotions

Meet Ha-rang, his so cute

spacer.png

I suspected this ship but wasnt sure...such a controversial subject and yay for the inclusion

Spoiler

So near yet far...tissues please

Spoiler

Spoiler

spacer.png

lottery mystery might be solved but I wont say who :lol:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Indeed  Ji Pd knows Seon Ah & Ha Rang and she is his sister.  DS passed by Seonah car and not meet yet!

Ji PD : Did you invest to Gongjin?

Seonah : I want to try and see it once.  I’ve heard someone (DS!!!) tell me about his hometown

Ji PD : Who??

Seonah : An ACQUAINTANCE

06570937-910-D-4-DAF-9-EE2-98-AD8093-FCA

95091-C31-C52-A-499-C-BC5-A-3-E55100-D42

ACF6-ADD3-5-E79-459-F-AC90-ABEF6-D7274-C

Spoiler

The best BROMANCE and our Shihye cupid counsellor to DS.  DS is not afraid of telling HJ abt his past BUT more what after she know and she still accept him for who he is.

Spoiler

Edited by bearcreek
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, bearcreek said:

Indeed  Ji Pd knows Seon Ah & Ha Rang and she is his sister.  DS passed by Seonah car and not meet yet!!

Ji PD : Did you invest to Gongjin?

Seonah : I want to try and see it once.  I’ve heard someone (DS!!!) tell me about his hometown

Ji PD : Who??

Seonah : An ACQUAINTANCE

Reveal hidden contents

Did Dusik had an affair with this woman? I hope its not that. Its still not up on Netflix. I can't wait

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 1