[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

To lighten up the mood a bit, anyone else thought this particular conversation with Du Sik and Hye Jin was kinda funny? Du Sik agreeing to Hye Jin being impatient and low key criticizing her :lol: Kind of like how Seong Hyun did to Du Sik in today's episode too

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

We were rooting for Homcha to break stereotypes. And of course, Homcha writers never disappoint. Now it makes sense why Hye-jin confides first with Ms. Yeo. Hye-jin needed that wisdom from her. She needed to see things from a different perspective, and Ms. Yeo was the right person.

I like how Hye-jin clarified that she doesn’t want to breakup, but also acknowledges that they need to think things through. She empathize with Du-sik. She didn’t gave him an ultimatum by making choose between telling her everything now, or just end it. Instead, she gave him time. How comforting it is to know that someone is willing to wait for you to open up. And Du-sik clearly didn’t expect that. We always say that Du-sik is best boy, but now, Yoon Hye-jin is definitely best girl. Loving someone is never easy, and when your partner couldn’t give you a 100% in your relationship, it’s your turn to fill that up. And Hye-jin showed us that.

=====

the panaromic views of homcha is awesome:thumbsup:

95cbe510ca688407947477adc782f1fbfd3cdd10.gifv

fcb24cebc67351f0300dbc0c807c8bfaf341811e.gifv

• Like 15
  • Love 3

Augh. So many tears today! The story is worse than I thought it would be - Seon Ah actually blames DS for her husband's death and wishes DS had died instead! I had hoped it wouldn't come to that :( . To see DS's hesitation at the funeral, his courage in going into the room, and then for his dear noona to tell him to leave....he couldn't even pay his respects to his sunbae.

3 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Is this true? I wasn’t sure if PD Ji was calling her ‘noona’ as in an older female friend or as an older sister. Though I did hear an ‘omma’ in the dialogue between them.. but Netflix subs are horrible.

I heard an "imoo" (auntie) instead of "omma": "How is auntie?" Or something like that. I think Ji PD was asking after other mutual contacts, but I think you're right...I don't think they're related family-wise.

Also:

- Ji PD is an IDIOT!!!!!! How funny that his mind is always thinking about work and that he tried to woo writer Wang back with a larger salary and promises of getting their cherished projects done! I'm glad he doesn't have feelings for HJ anymore....but he needs to get a clue. :lol:

- Eun Cheol's love language is gifts. That was great. AND the show could use this love language of gifts to do a ton of product placement at the same time. Smart.

- Nam Suk finally put her superpower of gossip and meddling to good use! :D

Someone earlier said they appreciate that every single side character has his/her own arc....the show's writer really did a fantastic job of that.

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Oh no and now the assistant PD's father's illness is apparently caused by Du Shik too?! NO I cannot, why did they end on such a cliffhanger!! We have ONE whole wk to wait and soooo many unanswered questions with sooo little time to see our couple together .

Hye Jin is tossing up returning to Seoul at the invitation of her senior to lecture at Uni, and Du shik who inadvertently caused the death of PD Seung Hyun's brother-in-law plus the introduction of assistant PD's father who was the security guard at Du Shik's company.

Why so many plot twists when we're right at the end ??!

Now I actually need subs to better understand this all. 

AHHHHH for real what is with the makers to throw in the Epic tragic climax here, like its wayyy more dire than anyone assumed, may involve mass Medicinal Injury which led to Hyung's suicide, freak man....

I mean is it easy to just wrap it up in 2 hours???How did DS managed to get unscathed and is Hyung's family not affected...aushhhhh.....

On a side note I loved the reconciliation scene of restaurant owner and Confession Comic timing scene of BFF AND POLICEMAN....Legit laughed there.

Also if PD Ji's Brother in Law commited suicide then was he not in the funeral all the time, never came across Du Sik or knew his involvement when Hyung was in hospital??? Eermmmm...anyhow.

PD Ji is such a fine singer though, FINALLY someone who can sing in the show properly hahah.

Penultimate episode is always stressful in a kdrama....ALWAYS HAS TO...GOSHHHHH....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @STARSX and will say that Hye Jin is definitely the sweetest. After talking to Hwa Jeong about Du Sik, she realizes what to do and is understanding towards Du Sik. Du Sik already did open up a bit to Hye Jin, him acting like that with her father and even telling her about his grandpa, so she makes the decision to wait until Du Sik is ready to tell her about his past. Hye Jin was definitely the star of today’s episode I would say because of the decision she makes. You’d think that she would say “let’s break up” from the preview, but no. Instead she says, I will wait for you until you are ready but don’t make me wait too long. She’s willing to wait for Du Sik to tell her the truth as long as she is sure that he will share it eventually to her when he’s ready.

On the flip side, Du Sik gets advice from Ji PD and Gam Ri and realizes that he has nothing to be afraid of opening up to Hye Jin and he shouldn’t miss this opportunity of going further with Hye Jin. At the end of the episode, Du Sik says that he wants to tell Hye Jin something and it might be a long story. It is obvious that he also made the decision to tell Hye Jin about his past and share it with her. This will definitely be interrupted because of Do Ha but I think he will end up telling her next episode.

I’m glad that episode 14 didn’t end on a heartwretching/heartbreaking ending like @cuteyabby said and we ended on a cliffhanger. The writers surely do not disappoint and I’m glad that Hometown Cha Cha Cha has been delivering with its characters and storyline!

• Like 7
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, ferily said:

Omg @KdramaAdik75 your theory is very plausible! Du Sik clearly says that Do Ha’s father is paralyzed because of him, so maybe you are right about Du Sik trying to jump off the bridge but Do Ha’s father tries to stop him and ends up paralyzed… Du Sik attempting to commit suicide is definitely from the past, mostly likely because of the guilt of his Hyung dying in the accident. I do want to know why Do Ha’s father goes to Du Sik in the preview because it looks worried and wants to ask Du Sik for something… Is that what leads to the hyung and Du Sik getting into an accident? Ahhh the wait for the next episode will be painful

Also @bearcreek the scene we saw in the preview with the woman and kid in the sand and proceeding with Du Sik and the hyung. It looks like the woman is Hye Jin, but is the kid Ha Rang? I’m wondering why she’s with the kid if that’s the case… did Seon Ah come down to Gongjin again? I’m thinking that Seon Ah and Du Sik actually end up meeting and maybe Du Sik saying “I’m sorry” in the preview is to Du Sik OR it’s to Do Ha

I think its Dusik dream. He dreamed of Hye Jin and their future son and in his dream state of mind (in the preview he took a lot of sleeping pills) he also dreamed of his Hyung talking some sense to him to continue living his life not for anyone else but for him

• Like 2
  • Insightful 8

From what I understood I thought Ji PD is Seonah’s younger cousin and hence he called her mother emo meaning aunt (mother’s sister or friend)? 

I think its Seonahs son with Hye Jin since she has sort of been a kid magnet since the  first day. Kids like her and she likes them. 

but I think Seonahs role is deeper than what’s shown and she has also come for closure and forgive Du Shik for what happened or say sorry for her harsh words which given the circumstances were not unexpected. So I think the whole run up to the finale is not for who’s at fault or not. It’s about closure for everyone involved in the incident.

Also i feel it makes sense that a dentist and someone well educated and perceptive and open in communication like Hye Jin fell in love with Du Shik and he In turn let her into his life cause she has the sense and EQ to understand him. If not her it’s very unlikely any normal village girl would get through him or be able to cope with his trauma alongside him.

Also on a larger level the series also addresses the re assimilation of people who have had history with PTSD, survivors guilt or self harm into normal society. I think the writing team has focused on these subjects as ‘cleanly’ as possible so that it doesn’t make people so uncomfortable that they stop watching and they can achieve their goal of addressing the issue and destigmatising it. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, KdramaAdik75 said:

I think its Dusik dream. He dreamed of Hye Jin and their future son and in his dream state of mind (in the preview he took a lot of sleeping pills) he also dreamed of his Hyung talking some sense to him to continue living his life not for anyone else but for him

Yes i think it was Dusik dream too and we saw Ji PD rushing to the hospital to see someone ? maybe he overdosed ?? (God i hope not) 

:what!:

51 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

From what I understood I thought Ji PD is Seonah’s younger cousin and hence he called her mother emo meaning aunt (mother’s sister or friend)? 

True. She is Ji PD's cousin. 

Ji PD's role will be very important for Dusik so that he can get a closure from his past.

Regarding Hyejin, do you all think she will decide to take a job in seoul? Why in  Kdrama they always make a plot like this?

:sweats:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@Silverlining93

i wish like the movie Sweet Home Alabama they could spend time in both the city and Gongjin ♥️

but Hye Jin going to Seoul and coming back or deciding to stay is I guess one final hurdle for them, which I think is much less agonising than his trauma honestly. So they should sail through the move to Seoul test if they can survive through the trauma all the more since the whole past is actually unravelling in front of everyone which makes the reopening of old wounds and the dealing with it deeply personal and yet public. 

• Like 7

HyeJin once said, “Those what-ifs are pointless. There are too many variables in this world and they’re beyond our control.” 

Really hope whatever DuShik took upon himself from what had happened in the past comes from purely self-blaming due to being at a place with people he loves at the wrong timing instead of any grave mistake he made that directly caused the chain of trauma. :tired:

Only 2 more episodes. The preview showed apologies from DuShik, comfort from HyeJin, HaRang with HyeJin? Will it be facing his fears and guilt to finally have closure? 

How will the ending be like? Will HyeJin take up the clinical professor job in Seoul? Looking back, there’s a scene where JuRi stayed over her place and she’s looking at some research papers. Is being a prof her dream career? 

Even so, hoping for a scene where DuShik live his life fullest for himself with HyeJin in Seoul. She’s a professor while he’s back in the workforce, wearing the suit she bought for him. Spending their time together happily with tons of EROS for a long long time; the no.6 & no.101 item on their bucket list. :heart:

In the movie, DuShik decided to have a “job” as the district representative  of GongJin. HyeJin told him to put the hilltop boat back into the sea where it belongs because he has her by his side.. Guess the ending should be somewhere along this line… :smirk:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, KdramaAdik75 said:

Been a lurker for a while now LoL but can't help but post my thoughts here too.

I think its him dreaming too after taking that much pills (and someone else posted that he might have been taken to the hospital which would explain the scene where Ji PD is rushing somewhere and calling out his name).

I think his dream will be separated into multiple segments and he gets to talk to each significant person at that time in his life like he gets to talk to his grandfather, his sunbae, and even doha's dad. The conversations are meant to free him for his guilt, that it was not his fault that they were gone. 

The scene with Hyejin and a boy is probably him thinking about what he really wants in the future and maybe that's what will eventually wake him up.

If the series will follow the movie's pattern looks like they will definitely have a time jump. Hyejin will go back to Seoul without Dusik but she will eventually be back and they get to drink the wine where she had put her name in the label.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Silverlining93 said:

Regarding Hyejin, do you all think she will decide to take a job in seoul? Why in  Kdrama they always make a plot like this?

:sweats:

nope, i think she will accidently find Dushik's bucket list and decided to stay with him...THE END :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

My thoughts from the last episode:
Mental health issues is an experience that is unique for each individual. DS is terrified that he will dissapoint everyone if he reveals his history. While it looks like the writer stretched the story too long, it is understandable considering his trauma.

My girl HJ did not dissapoint. I am so impressed by her decision to wait. She stayed true to her to character- transparent, honest and brave! I Love how she clearly says this isn't a break up. She truely is the rock DS needs.

Also if there ever is a character who needs a spin off its Ji PD.He is such a likeable character played with grace and charm by LSY. I am so glad LSH sang and the lyrics of the song totally got me the feels!!

Writer Shin is soon turning into one of my fav writers-- I love that all the supporting crew have a story to tell. ( hoping Cho Hee gets a good arc to her story).
Her treatment of mental health is simple yet not too confronting.
A lot us deal with anxiety/ depression by putting on a facades of happiness n smiles. When it cracks the fallout can be terribly scary.

I refuse to speculate on what will happen next as I have 100% tryst in this writer, she has proved again n again that this is a mature, healing drama.

This ep had some of my favouritest dialogues and if anyone is interested I will post them all together

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I feel so gloomy after watching ep.14. Although HJ told him that she will wait for him to open up soon, but the couple is still distant. I don't know. It's so sad for DS. and I think HJ is going back to Seoul. sigh.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2