[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

13 hours ago, reddragon said:

I may be the only one that find the FL still selfish. She wants to dictate what they should do as a couple. She wants to fulfill her bucket list without thinking about the other party. She wants to keep their relationship hidden from the people around them. She's violent. She's still a material girl. It's all about her and her feelings. She's possessive, and almost a stalker. She knows Chief Hong is always busy with all his side jobs within the community. Does he need to report to her every hour?

I understand that it's her money and she can do anything she wants with it. But she's with another person, and while there should be equality in the sexes, when she bought that 5.5M necklace, I find it a bit too much, like flaunting your wealth. It was not made clear if she was able to pay for her investment in opening the clinic, as she's maxed out all her credit cards for that. Mi Seon keeps reminding her about it.

I think Hye Jin has mellowed out a lot since meeting Du Sik and moving into town. She was a very prickly - cold city girl at first.

Her wanting to know what Du Sik does all the time and wanting to see him could be chalked up to the feelings of a relationship in the initial stages. And he behaved the same way towards her, too. They met up all the time they could. 

As for her buying an expensive necklace, I think that's her business as it's her money. She moved from an expensive city to a town, where rent is a lot less than her fancy apartment in Seoul. I don't know how much she earns with her own clinic, though, but as long as she doesn'T jeopardise her situation, she can buy luxuries. 

I don't think Du Sik felt threatened by her money, just that he wanted to buy her a present as she paid for his clothes, only he didn't when hearing the price. 

• Like 9

19 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

I gotta say I for one, definitely appreciate how it feels like I'm witnessing a relationship develop between two real people, DS and HJ. That realistic development from strangers to acquaintance, to fellow villager and friend, to a 'some' and then a couple.

Whilst some may find the plot developing a tad bit slow for their liking, aka what's the deal with DS's trauma- I like that we get to see them develop their relationship as a couple FIRST (unlike most dramas where we barely get any real, everyday typical relationship lovey- dovey scenes till the last episode!) before the trials and tribulations test their feelings for each other, and hopefully they emerge stronger and more in love than before! 

Yeah I so agree with this nod.

16 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Yup, the worst has yet to come and I am rooting for a happy ending.

Dimple Couple ---> Yoga Couple ---> Cockroach Couple 

Next we have Rotisserie chicken Couple 

@STARSX  I love your gifs, they are so cute and adorable. 

Aww hoping for a happy ending as well.

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

Omo omo.. SMA so naughty here. Love it that they are enjoying themselves (SMA probably more than KSH here). 

And this! I really liked this scene a lot. I wonder if KSH intentionally lowered his voice further, to create the bedroom voice. I cannot. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

@7psyche7 Gyah!! Loving their ad-libs! It shows how much fun they are having filming together, it's making me happy watching them too. :gangnamstyle:Oh and the cast + crew are so sweet, I've never seen (could just be me!) a drama team celebrate the birthday for a supporting actor that is not even the 2nd lead.

Am I the only one that went, WHAT?! Tvn seriously cut the BTS right at the kiss scene?! :isannoyed:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Ha I knew that shopping scene was filled with adlibs! It all just seemed super natural and as if the actors were naturally talking and bringing out the dialogue.

@YuSanSeul I also was glaring when they didn’t show the BTS for the kiss scene :Fist1: How dare tvN does this to us?!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Waiting for the subs on the BTS… I need to know what is being exchanged between SMA and KSH during the part where SMA ‘exposed’ KSH’s abs. 

Also, wishing that tvN would get SMA and KSH to do a commentary for the recent episodes (including the beachside kiss scene!), just as they did for episode 1 and 2. :Please:

• Like 5

@Dramadee24 Welcome to the thread dear Aussie friend. I hope you are well. Covid has struck us hard and I'm still in lockdown.... freedom day is coming and I can't wait lol! 

Thank you for the BTS scene, the chemistry of the casts is amazing. They've bonded so well making the filming process a fun one. It was the actor's YG birthday, dam I feel bad for not liking his character. I'll be nice now - HAPPY BIRTHDAY In Gyo-Jin (Yeong Guk)! 

This show has so many adlib we can't spot them all lol! it's just too natural for Minah, KSH and all the other casts too. I knew Namsuk's slap on DS face was her adlib and he told her to repeat it. :joy: I love how the PD's and writers gives the actors/ actresses this freedom to explore their own talent or perception of their characters.

Minah and KSH weren't joking when they told us about their adlibs lol! 

Spoiler

WELL DONE HOMETOWN CHA CHA casts. Today is their last day of filming in Pohang and it officially ends tomorrow.

Juri holding ep 15 and 16 script :cries: the end is near. 

I guess PDnim will work his magic with the editing. That being said Hometown cha cha has brought flocks of people to the town and sadly has interrupted the actual residents particularly those who live in Gamri's house, HJ house, the hardware store, the boat, beach, squid statue, city hall and the cafe. tvN had to post a Korean and English IG and twitter post telling tourist to be more mindful of their actions. I'm not surprised, I see in twitter and IG that there are so many tourist posts. Its even made it into the Korean news

Furthermore the local government of Pohang has agreed to not demolish DS boat or the squid statue and will preserved it for tourism.  I'm sure going to miss this drama, the banter, cuteness and laughs. 

Anyone needs some laughs, I certainly do. Whoever made this is GOLD :getmygrooveon:

Spoiler

I just watched  a bit of Squid ep 1... I'm never watching that show. Boy its gruesome and I'm never playing Red light and Green light again... EVA!  Totally scared :fear:

I do understand the hype. I see why so many people are liking it though its not for me. 

credit to owner

And HJ shirt...is this foreshadowing something? Like this episode, perhaps she will wait for DS to come to her when his ready. Especially since she most likely want to go back to Seoul. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Hi.. it's been a while. I decided to create new account since I've been inactive for years and I forgot my password:cry:  Have tried so many times to join here since 1st episode!

I just want to say that I really love this kinda healing drama and I hope since it's a healing drama and we are down to 4 episodes left, I hope for a happy ending for our Sikhye couple.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to ask or say this. But I noticed Min-A wearing the red ring during the early episodes but now she's not wearing it. Is it related to the storyline? Because she had a boyfriend during her college days. But then when I saw her instagram, she wears that ring before filming drama.

Anyhow, I believe the writer will probably surprised us on the storyline just like how most of the fans are nervous / worried that Dushik will reject Hye Jin just like the movie. I just hope the episode 13 Dushik will not let Hye Jin in a sad situation and keep avoiding her in a long time.

Another two weeks and I'm already sad that Homecha will leave us:weary: 

5 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Waiting for the subs on the BTS… I need to know what is being exchanged between SMA and KSH during the part where SMA ‘exposed’ KSH’s abs. 

Also, wishing that tvN would get SMA and KSH to do a commentary for the recent episodes (including the beachside kiss scene!), just as they did for episode 1 and 2. :Please:

Yup. I really hope that both of them can do a commentary for the finale. Who knows despite their busy schedule especially KSH, they both have time to do this. Seems like all the cast are enjoying filming this drama on set

• Like 8

I think what she did is by good intentions. she just wants to spend time with DS and her bucket list contains many romantic things most girls dream of. although I feel a bit exhausting and boring for DS considering he prefers simple and relaxing activities. However, it's just once in a while. and she actually cares so much about him otherwise she wouldn't sell the necklace. 

I keep thinking how DS will reveal his past and how she will comfort him. I hope the writer and director surprise us again. I expect it to be touching. haha 

TVN better release at lease 2-3 bts clips once a week, only one is not enough. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Anyone needs some laughs, I certainly do. Whoever made this is GOLD 

Lots of good stuff in your post...but this was BRILLIANT!

Also, this thread is going like wildfire....it's hard to keep up!

But everyone, PLEASE stop posting photos of the fishnet turtleneck. My eyes can't handle it. :wacko::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

@Kasmiclooks like we are in the same state, lockdown has been so hard for all of us.  This show has been a saviour while dealing with lockdown.

Loving all the ad libs in the show, I remember during the press meet KS mention SM is fantastic with as lib and the rest of the cast just went with it. Sounds like this was a fun show to work on.

• Like 4