[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Hi,

I liked episode 8 more than 7, and the ending scene was nice. The surfing scene was hilarious, especially the drill sergeant part and how enthusiastically SH participated without suspecting that DS was hazing him. Such a petty guy our DS ha ha. 

Regarding SH, I do find him a tad over the top but I can understand it based on the character of a variety show producer. So it is acceptable to me. He also obviously has high EQ and was able to assimilate quickly into the lives of the villagers which is an important skill since most of this shows are based on local food (likely based on word of mouth by locals). In fact I would say he comes close to DS in terms of his natural likeability and energy, which was why DS immediately identified him as a competitor, both for the villagers and HJ’s affections. So far his character is still quite one-dimensional but maybe it will be fleshed out further subsequently. 

Actually, with SH’s high EQ, I suspect he might have already noticed DS’s interest in HJ even before our own Chief Hong himself. I am curious to see how he will react. Given his straightforward personality, I won’t be surprised if he directly confront DS for fair competition. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and I hope they remain friends. They have a lot of chemistry!

So far, it is HJ who is more obvious in her attraction to DS. Conversely, DS has been avoiding the obvious. After this week’s episode, he seemed to have come to terms with his feelings and I hope next week he will start to be more proactive, else HJ should give him some grief. 

Oh, and I feel I will get whiplash if he suddenly switch from avoidance to declaring himself as HJ’s bf.  Yet, I could think of any reason why HJ would need him to pretend to him her BF. From the preview, does seem that she was shocked to hear it too. Any predictions? 

I was tempted to go watch the original movie! But it was too outdated and over the top acting that I gave up after a teeny while heh. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I think HJ has no reason to ask DS to be her fake boyfriend. It is not like her dad wants her to get married soon. 

They probably confess that they like each other in next episode. From the preview, the PD looks very sad.  

I keep repeating the last scene. The way he hugged her back is so protective. awwww

In the middle of work but he's worried if she's home so he went to check. that's very sweet of him!!

• Like 13

Updated: Finished it.

I think the next episode’s preview have been edited to give us some info but not necessary how it will go! 

I also join the DS is our lotto winner team. I am loving his internal conflicted feelings for HJ and how that is fully collapsing lol - he has fallen hard and I think he’ll accept his feelings for her  soon! He ate the terrible rice coup she made - how is that not love lol! Seriously, for people processing trauma and are working to heal themselves, it can take a while to sort out how to care for someone or be in a serious relationship. I don’t think DS planned in any way to fall for HJ but he’s fallen 100%. I love the epilogue for ep. 8 that showed he was awake and flustered at HJ’s kiss attempt. 

I also think HJ has fully fallen for DS too, sorry too PD Sunbae-Nim, it’s too late!! I don’t think the show will stretch the love triangle for too long as each character are so mature and are actually friends and respectful to each other. It’ll continue for a few more episodes for fun re the bromance. 

Ms. Cho’s, the town gossip, storyline was also good. People tend to judge quickly and everyone has their harsh past and can make mistakes. I love how the show focuses on getting to know the person and giving them a chance to change which is harder to do than auto cancelling them. HJ’s action to Ms. Cho was admirable and good. Ms. Cho will have to show through her actions that she’s also changed and learned from her mistake etc. 

I pray and pray that this drama will not go the Melodrama route and have even more silly Kdrama troupe in addition to meeting as children, love triangle, fake bf, and the dreaded: you were responsible for hurting my family etc - it would reduce my love for this show! Don’t go there writer!!

Spoiler

Maybe HJ’s ex was responsible for the car accident - which is what caused her father to be super strict re potential BF. Also just like HJ initially judge DS, her father may do the same, or he may be aware of DS’s family tragedy etc.

Re the second love triangle - I don’t think it’s one at all now. I think teacher has never had romantic feelings for either one but somehow now blames herself for their bad relationship (between the exes) and she just want to go back to the days when they were all friends; and for her especially closer friendship with the wife. I don’t think she has any interest in the husband at all. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 9

50 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Oh, and I feel I will get whiplash if he suddenly switch from avoidance to declaring himself as HJ’s bf. But yet I could think of any reason why HJ would need him to pretend to him her BF. From the preview, does seem that she was shocked to hear it too. Any predictions? 

Agree that it will be whiplash, as we haven't really seen it coming that he would declare himself so openly. The one thing I can think of is that he feels so competitive with SH (and SH calling HJ's dad abunim) that he comes out so boldly to HJ's dad. And if HJ is shocked by hearing it, it wasn't a scheme they cooked up beforehand.

Ahhh, it seems like this was the aim of the producers all along...showing us that clip and getting us all talking about it like mad! :lol:

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

The one thing I can think of is that he feels so competitive with SH (and SH calling HJ's dad abunim) that he comes out so boldly to HJ's dad. And if HJ is shocked by hearing it, it wasn't a scheme they cooked up beforehand.

That is a good point! Throughout the show, we've known DS to be quite forward with his relationship with HJ (like confronting her in the first kiss, randomly at the clinic). But we've never seen him declare that he likes her explicitly (I guess this is the part that his past is affecting) so I wonder how that will play out, if we'll ever get a real confession out of him. 

Of course there's also HJ who we'll probably get to see confused first with SH before finally realizing she likes uri DS. :blush:

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, sherie1905 said:

love reading all the comments here

but did anybody noticed that HJ is now wearing a DECENT jogging attire in episode 8...ahhahahahah

:partyblob:

I did! She is v receptive to constructive feedback it seems

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

I was tempted to go watch the original movie! But it was too outdated and over the top acting that I gave up after a teeny while heh. 

I'm glad you mentioned that the original had over the top acting. Hoping its the script or a homage to the original film, because I do at times, find that some of the characters themselves, have displayed over the top acting, maybe to give off the comedic feel?

I kinda miss KSH in Start up, where he displayed more inner angst, subdued yet thoughtful acting with bursts of comedy. I regularly watch 1N2D and I find that I see snippets of KSH's variety self in the drama--now I finally understand why actors don't often become fixed cast members in variety shows- so as to not exhaust an 'image' or make it difficult for viewers to differentiate their characters. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying the drama, or his portrayal of Hong Du Shik.

I've been hooked, and eagerly awaiting for the great reveal re. 3 mysteries of Gongjin, as well as our OTP's relationship to progress. Whilst most viewers are not fans of the love triangle troupe these days, and indeed it could be more enjoyable (plus attract greater viewership) to have 2 couples with their own storyline instead, in DS-HJ's case, PD-nim is the catalyst that will hopefully allow their relationship to progress. Not to mention that the drama is already packed full of side characters!

I especially appreciate witnessing the emotional side to DS in ep 8, something that KSH does well in. And may I mention, DS is adorable when he smirks thinking HJ has chosen him (over PDnim), or even holding his breath like a kid when she approaches to kiss him (not). As much as I've liked the series so far, I don't necessarily love it. I can see why HJ has doubts about DS too/isn't already madly in love with him. Until ep 8, NOW I'm actually starting to swoon over DS (or is it KSH :wub:)

It's a much needed break from all the nonchalance, happy-go-lucky and friendly but protective facade he's displayed in the preceeding episodes. He needs to start being forthcoming in making HJ AWARE that he cares for her beyond that of what a fellow villager would do for the other! Cannot wait to see how his character develops, what his back story is, the bromance, and the chemistry between DS and HJ.

Anyone already thinking there might be heart breaking scene between him and grandma? (After all, his memorable scenes in his previous drama was him and blind grandma too!)

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

17 hours ago, ferily said:

That sudden jump to being Hye Jin’s boyfriend got me SHOOk! :fear: I thinking maybe he said it in the moment and are pretending? Unless they really jumped to dating that quick :flushed:

Yup Nam Sook’s story definitely got me tearing up. No one deserves to lose their child like that and I can’t imagine how painful and heartbreaking it was for her to go through that. No wonder she was holding the wand in the beginning of one of the episodes! I don’t remember what episode it was.

Seung Hyun is definitely obvious about his feeling for Hye Jin, but I like what @heartoppaya said how Du Sik actually got the bitter root and went on patrol for Hyun Jin and he ate every last porridge even though it tasted bad. Just shows how much he cares :fullofhearts: And that’s the different between Seung Hyun and Du Sik too.

I feel like I am kinda confused about how Du Sik feels about Hyun Jin, because he clearly does care about her and we saw him get all jealous woth Seung Hyun and Hyun Jin, but he confuses me at times with his feelings. Like after they kissed, he said they are just friends and then after Hyun Jin, Du Sik and Seung Hyun finished naengmyun and mandu, Du Sik said why would Seung Hyun see Hyun Jin as a woman and has weird taste, although I’m pretty sure that’s partially jealousy talking haha… But yeah what do you guys all think about Du Sik’s feelings for Hyun Jin?

I think at first, Du Shik was interested in her just as how he was interested in everyone's lives in Gongjin. He was just a third party viewer, and since she's new to the town and is making quite a mess among them he decided to intervene and make sure she's comfortable and the others are comfortable too. But after the kiss he made sure to draw a line between them, and he was planning on obeying the rule he made. But then the line he drew started to get blurry and without him even knowing, he started to fall for her. And just as Hye Jin kept slapping herself for trying to kiss him, he tried to not see her as a woman and called Seung Hyun (and himself) crazy for seeing her as a woman. I think that's what the writer wants us to think.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

fe0a2c6612ec2bc9298d80ab61ec5d435ca41d50.gifv

Tell me, do you feel the love?

------

I liked  how the writer connect  the sweet and sour on Hyejin and Dusik’s relationship.  hyejin not liking the taste of tea but she drinks it anyway because of dusik’s sweet gesture of prepping them for her back pain , also  dusik finishing  hyejin’s sour porridge but he finishes it anyway because of hyejin’s sweet gesture of taking care of him while he’s sick.:wub:

0d38c50e692cf5f5e4f6d436a60328bc09f928b7.gifv
47afab1710b78a2b3eb93ed4f8ae2ea3172c1fc1.gifv

Spoiler
4406e972339f3bbd47fdf44167f2811994c01dce.gifv
b3202fbfa13d358280353e913b37e7bdaa5b090d.gifv

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 3

9 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

I'm glad you mentioned that the original had over the top acting. Hoping its the script or a homage to the original film, because I do at times, find that some of the characters themselves, have displayed over the top acting, maybe to give off the comedic feel?

I kinda miss KSH in Start up, where he displayed more inner angst, subdued yet thoughtful acting with bursts of comedy. I regularly watch 1N2D and I find that I see snippets of KSH's variety self in the drama--now I finally understand why actors don't often become fixed cast members in variety shows- so as to not exhaust an 'image' or make it difficult for viewers to differentiate their characters. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying the drama, or his portrayal of Hong Du Shik.

I've been hooked, and eagerly awaiting for the great reveal re. 3 mysteries of Gongjin, as well as our OTP's relationship to progress. Whilst most viewers are not fans of the love triangle troupe these days, and indeed it could be more enjoyable (plus attract greater viewership) to have 2 couples with their own storyline instead, in DS-HJ's case, PD-nim is the catalyst that will hopefully allow their relationship to progress. Not to mention that the drama is already packed full of side characters!

I especially appreciate witnessing the emotional side to DS in ep 8, something that KSH does well in. And may I mention, DS is adorable when he smirks thinking HJ has chosen him (over PDnim), or even holding his breath like a kid when she approaches to kiss him (not). As much as I've liked the series so far, I don't necessarily love it. I can see why HJ has doubts about DS too/isn't already madly in love with him. Until ep 8, NOW I'm actually starting to swoon over DS (or is it KSH :wub:)

It's a much needed break from all the nonchalance, happy-go-lucky and friendly but protective facade he's displayed in the preceeding episodes. He needs to start being forthcoming in making HJ AWARE that he cares for her beyond that of what a fellow villager would do for the other! Cannot wait to see how his character develops, what his back story is, the bromance, and the chemistry between DS and HJ.

Anyone already thinking there might be heart breaking scene between him and grandma? (After all, his memorable scenes in his previous drama was him and blind grandma too!)

I do miss KSH as Ji Pyeong too! I sometimes rewatch startup and fast forward to scenes of KSH. He really did a great job portraying that role. Im almost afraid that Du Shik will not be as memorable as Ji Pyeong. I LOVED that scene where Ji Pyeong confessed to halmeoni that he liked Dal Mi. I think that’s where I fell in love with his acting the most. The way that he delivered it was so heartwrenching. I want KSH to have that similar moment here in Hometown Cha Cha Cha.

• Like 6

Different version of the preview for Ep 9- And I think this clarifies why DS proclaims to be her bf! I reckon HJ's Dad presents at her house for a visit unexpected (or earlier/later than HJ was expecting), and DS happened to be there but it is late at night. So in typical korean fashion (where it's frowned upon to have a man in a single woman's house late at night), he tries to salvage the situation by pretending to be her boyfriend! :getmygrooveon:And of course, we witness HJ who is shocked at DS's unscripted move. Hahaha. Can't wait to see this scene.

This is probably why Dad does not like DS either (but it could be for other reasons as everyone mentioned earlier), because of the unplanned and sudden late run in with DS, and the fact that he seemingly does not match with HJ in terms of their "societal position". Whereas PD-nim aka Sunbae, is well-presented, well-mannered and has a presentable university degree to boot! :joy:

@pamgb Yes me too! I get that their characters are totally different, and he needs to portray a different image otherwise risk being stereotyped or criticised of being stagnant in his acting. But I think I'm just hanging for those bursts of emotions from him and that deep thoughtful acting. It'll come around soon, hopefully!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4

The two people who have closed their hearts for a long time, have now found someone to lean on again.

Such beautiful pictures of ShikHye couple, so heart-warming to see them slowly open up their hearts :heart:

Now I need a real kiss and proper confession from our couple, Mr PD and writer-nim please :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Different version of the preview for Ep 9- And I think this clarifies why DS proclaims to be her bf! I reckon HJ's Dad presents at her house for a visit unexpected (or earlier/later than HJ was expecting), and DS happened to be there but it is late at night. So in typical korean fashion (where it's frowned upon to have a man in a single woman's house late at night), he tries to salvage the situation by pretending to be her boyfriend! 

The preview is great, gave another perspective/ explanation. Looks like morning though and not night… so DS spent the night over at her place? Imagine if the nosy neighbors saw him coming out of her house this time! But where is the roommate nurse? 

4 hours ago, pamgb said:

I do miss KSH as Ji Pyeong too! I sometimes rewatch startup and fast forward to scenes of KSH. He really did a great job portraying that role. Im almost afraid that Du Shik will not be as memorable as Ji Pyeong. I LOVED that scene where Ji Pyeong confessed to halmeoni that he liked Dal Mi. I think that’s where I fell in love with his acting the most. The way that he delivered it was so heartwrenching. I want KSH to have that similar moment here in Hometown Cha Cha Cha.

I liked both Nam JH and KSH and I watched startup for them. Characters wise I like JP better but I feel NJH and Suzy matched better in terms of age and world view, so I wasn’t hang up on JP not getting the girl. I knew he will find someone more suitable for him.. and here we are today with Cha cha cha! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

what I'm liking about this kdrama series is that every episode different characters were given the chance to see their sides stories. 

although the last episode shows us how HJ run to DS and hug him it only shows that she's afraid. and our DS is always her savior. I don't know if you notice she always says hi to DS whenever they run into each other. its because of the restaurant scene that no one notice DS but HJ says hi to him. that's kinda funny and lovely. :fullofhearts:

6 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Different version of the preview for Ep 9- And I think this clarifies why DS proclaims to be her bf! I reckon HJ's Dad presents at her house for a visit unexpected (or earlier/later than HJ was expecting), and DS happened to be there but it is late at night. So in typical korean fashion (where it's frowned upon to have a man in a single woman's house late at night), he tries to salvage the situation by pretending to be her boyfriend! :getmygrooveon:And of course, we witness HJ who is shocked at DS's unscripted move. Hahaha. Can't wait to see this scene.

This is probably why Dad does not like DS either (but it could be for other reasons as everyone mentioned earlier), because of the unplanned and sudden late run in with DS, and the fact that he seemingly does not match with HJ in terms of their "societal position". Whereas PD-nim aka Sunbae, is well-presented, well-mannered and has a presentable university degree to boot! :joy:

@pamgb Yes me too! I get that their characters are totally different, and he needs to portray a different image otherwise risk being stereotyped or criticised of being stagnant in his acting. But I think I'm just hanging for those bursts of emotions from him and that deep thoughtful acting. It'll come around soon, hopefully!

this made my day! maybe DS pretended to be HJ's boyfriend because they were caught up by HJ's father. and who knows they will make it real next episode! can't wait for another full and meaningful weekend. :fullofhearts:

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

I reckon HJ's Dad presents at her house for a visit unexpected (or earlier/later than HJ was expecting),

They are in different clothes though. Ep 8. ended with Hye-Jin in a striped t-shirt, and Du-Shik in a blue/white plaid shirt. The preview of Dad being shocked has Hye-Jin in her workout gear, and Du-Shik in a green over-shirt. Maybe he came to clarify/ diffuse the situation with Dad the next morning? :O (it looks like morning though, hehe!) ^^

5 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Whereas PD-nim aka Sunbae, is well-presented, well-mannered and has a presentable university degree to boot!

I saw Dad being coyly impressed at Ji-PD. But then.... WHY is he hosting them at Gamri's house (dinner table). I'm kinda angry he took over her entire ABODE and is having parties there now. (ps. i just need a reason to be angry with him!) :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 4