[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Hero 你是我的城池营垒

sugarplum892

17 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ha.. its probably true that he didnt wash his hair, or else why would he use a cap... apart from covering his long hair

I guess it's different with men?  I just can't not wash my hair everyday. :) 

18 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Was there anything interesting things that came out from their conversation?

Don't know much really since I don't understand Chinese.  The translation I posted earlier was from translation apps.

19 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

See what agencies will do to keep an actor; and after 3 years, Seohyun deserve apology from KJH for his bad behaviour... definately inexcusable.

Yeah inexcusable!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 4/20/2021 at 2:05 AM, NYXbaby said:

Are you guys going to watch BJT's new drama series?

https://mydramalist.com/61837-octogenarians-and-the-90s

I still can't get over how good YAMH was!!! I miss reading all your comments!

Same here miss you all!

Just watched a few clips of 8090 and not yet hooked but will do when more eps are out

• Like 1

Not me. I loved him in this drama. However his previous drama choices have been very iffy. Its not that he cannot act; its that he needs to make better drama choices.

I am now cursing my way through Le Coup de Foudre which was recommended as having a mature romance like You are my hero. The FL there is the new drama's FL as well. And since I can't stand their Reply 1988 format ain't touching his new drama.

I still can't explain the FL's baggy clothes, tied up hair and minimalistic make up here. However since I love this drama that much hope the ML finds a more interesting drama next time.

@ck1Oz I think I can answer your question about FL's baggy clothing. Sandra Wu was going through a bout of depression, then anxiety and took some medication which made her put on weight.  Also, she's the sort to easily put on weight. (source: https://dramapanda.com/2021/03/sandra-ma-sichun-addresses-weight-gain-through-her-monologue-on-roast.html) She opened up about her relationship with her weight and said that she doesn't want to be controlled by it anymore. So I guess all the baggy clothings was meant to 'hide' her weight. I think it's pretty obvious that her best friend had such a svelte figure, especially in her wedding gown and it would have been a stark difference to the FL. I respect Sandra Ma though for having the courage as an actress (bound to have industry pressures about appearances and such) to stand her ground. I hope she maintains that frame of mind and doesn't cave into those pressures. And I hope directors don't pick on that and refuse to hire her.

• Like 2

So I dropped by to say I enjoyed this drama so much. I actually binged watch last weekend and OMG it’s worth the eyebags.

while i still love Go Go Squid more than this and Han shangyan more dreamy, i enjoyed this couple’s chemistry much more than (TN and HSH). It’s like watching a RL romance develop on television :love: 

I read somewhere that they adlib a lot? So that’s why the relationship feels more organic. And it also didn’t help that Mi Ka’s very charming and her smiles were infectious.

Sorry for the comparison, it’s just that GGS appeared 3x in this drama lol! We’re they produced by the same prod’n company or written by the same author perhaps?

Anyhow, it’s my fave c-drama this year:heart:

On 4/26/2021 at 1:54 AM, yeli said:

So I dropped by to say I enjoyed this drama so much. I actually binged watch last weekend and OMG it’s worth the eyebags.

while i still love Go Go Squid more than this and Han shangyan more dreamy, i enjoyed this couple’s chemistry much more than (TN and HSH). It’s like watching a RL romance develop on television :love: 

I read somewhere that they adlib a lot? So that’s why the relationship feels more organic. And it also didn’t help that Mi Ka’s very charming and her smiles were infectious.

Sorry for the comparison, it’s just that GGS appeared 3x in this drama lol! We’re they produced by the same prod’n company or written by the same author perhaps?

Anyhow, it’s my fave c-drama this year:heart:

Yes there were few times where I noticed GGS. I think I posted something about it in the previous pages. I did a get response but can't seem to find it now.  I'll let you know when I do. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a nice drama. In some way it remind me of "Descendants of the Sun". This is far better though. 

Gosh the 2 sisters ugh so infuriating! I'm glad Ke Lei stood firm for his feelings & gave those sisters what they deserved.

Like the chemistry with Sandra & Jing Ting. 

On 5/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

This is a nice drama. In some way it remind me of "Descendants of the Sun". This is far better though. 

Gosh the 2 sisters ugh so infuriating! I'm glad Ke Lei stood firm for his feelings & gave those sisters what they deserved.

Like the chemistry with Sandra & Jing Ting. 

They wasted 3 episodes on them. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Hero 你是我的城池营垒