[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Lee Min Ho reveals his first villain role

TUI MIN 19: 45 | August 22, 2021

The handsome Korean actor hopes that his first role as a villain in "Pachinko" will open up a new image of Lee Min Ho to the public.

Lee Min Ho recently appeared in Esquire magazine and talked about many of his new plans while promoting his new role in the movie "Pachinko."

According to Lee Min Ho, Ko Han Soo's character in Pachinko will be the first villain in his career. Talking about the role, Lee Min Ho commented, "Ko Han Soo is a villain in every way," and it was the feeling for the character that made him very excited when he got an invitation to audition for the role.

lee-min-ho-khi-tham-gia-pachinko-1629612

Lee Min Ho's character in Pachinko's film

Moreover, Lee Min Ho admitted that his age is no longer too suitable for starring in idol films. He is also not interested in the role of "the hero who saves beauty" because, in the words of Lee Min Ho, "Today women also save men," so the role of a character closer to reality is suitable for this role. Of course, Lee Min Ho's audition results were as good as expected.

lee-min-ho-khi-tham-gia-pachinko-2-16296

Pachinko was filmed during the epidemic season, so the actors took care of safe steps.

Pachinko is a film based on the novel of the same name by Korean-American writer Min Jin Lee. The film's content revolves around the stories of Koreans living in Japan.

Lee Min Ho will play Koh Hansu, a Korean adopted by a wealthy family in Japan. Ko Hansu has big ambitions, he loves money and loves to control everything.

In addition to Lee Min Ho, famous actors also play in Pachinko: Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Jung Eun-chae, Minha Kim, ... The film started returning last October but still remains. not installed.

In addition to talking about his new role, Lee Min Ho also shared his plan to grow a YouTube channel called "Leeminho film". In particular, the opening of a separate Youtube channel to preserve some of the impressive moments in work and daily life, as many colleagues have suggested.

Now that idea has changed a bit because Lee Min Ho realized he wanted to make creative short films. The films are inspired by the famous music of the 90s, about the people around him, about the vague energies that he feels.

Lee Min Ho plays the role of editor in it, and he has a lot of creative inspiration to create these products.

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://cuoi.tuoitre.vn/giai-tri/lee-min-ho-tiet-lo-ve-vai-dien-phan-dien-dau-tay-cua-minh-2021082229120915.html

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

spacer.png

The fans of the South Korean star Lee Min Ho are waiting for the next premiere of the international series Pachinko on the Apple TV platform which is still without an official release date. On this, the actor referred to his character Hansu very different from the ones we are used to.

During the interview. Min Ho highlighted that many of his guildmates had advised him over the years to try darker characters, stating that even true villain or assassin roles could suit him well. That's why with Pachinko, when he saw the opportunity to bring Hansu to life with so many shades of gray and shadows in his character arc, he couldn't stop trying to conquer the role.

Still with no release date, Pachinko is a drama series based on the hit novel of the same name by the famous Korean- American writer Min Jin Lee, with record sales in the United States and a finalist in the National Book Award 2017. In addition to Lee Min Ho features internationally recognized Asian stars including recent Oscar-winner South Korean actress Youn Yuh Jung.

Lee Min Ho is part of a cast that will have to show in eight episodes the story of the main character Sunja, about the fortunes and misadventures of four generations of a Korean migrant family from the early 20th century. On a journey through forty years of its history told in several languages and recorded in locations in different countries, among which, as we already know, Canada and South Korea stand out.

The character of Lee Min Ho in Pachinko has a great weight in the narration since it will be the trigger for the whole story that will come after having a forbidden love and relationship with Sunja and leaving her pregnant. The latter will be played by the Korean actress Kim Min Ha in her younger days and by award-winning Youn Yuh Jung in her old age. If the series faithfully follows the novel, We will see Lee Min Ho playing a mysterious rich man secretly related to the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) who comes to a coastal town as a fish trader. He is a Korean raised in Japan who seduces and abandons 16-year-old Sunja when he gets her pregnant. Later throughout the narrative, he becomes the protector of the son named Noa has and the rest of his family when he meets her again in Japan.

spacer.png

Joining Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha will also be Korean-American actor Jin Ha as Solomon. Anna Sawai, actress of Japanese-New Zealand origin will play Naomi. Japanese actor Soji Arai will be playing Mosazu. Korean-born Japanese actress Kaho Minami will be playing Etsuko and Jung Eun Chae, who worked with Lee Min Ho on The King: Eternal Monarch, will play Kyung Hee. Pachinko touches on universal themes that have endured over time such as racism, stereotypes, the struggle of immigrants, war, peace and love, as well as portraying the suffering of the Korean people during the Japanese colonization. They are high expectations about the series that is expected to be released before the end of 2021 if the pandemic does not hinder it.

https://vader.news/k-dramas/Pachinko-Lee-Min-Ho-confiesa-que-interpretar-el-papel-de-villano-le-sienta-bien-20210820-0011.html

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Lee Min-ho wondered if there would be rumours if he failed Pachinko audition, teases his role

Lee Min-ho opened up about his upcoming Apple TV+ show Pachinko. The actor plays the antagonist for the first time.

By HT Entertainment Desk
PUBLISHED ON AUG 23, 2021

Lee_Min-Ho_1629709810775_1629709826248.j

Lee Min-ho is preparing to return to the small screen with Pachinko. The South Korean actor, who was last seen in The King: Eternal Monarch with Kim Go-eun, plays Koh Han-su in the drama. The Apple TV+ series is based on a novel of the same name, penned by Korean-American author Min Jin Lee.

The actor essays the role of an antagonist for the first time in his career. He stars alongside Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami. Lee Min-ho was shooting for the series in Canada earlier this year.

Speaking about the role, the Boys Over Flowers actor told Esquire Korea, "Once I'm in my mid-30s, I think I'm pursuing the 'real thing' now. Otherwise I can't agree, so it's getting harder and harder. The selection criteria for reading the script, the resulting video, and what I am doing in it. Now it's hard if it's not real. So I was offered an audition for 'Pachinko' at the moment when I had a lot of worries, and when I read the script, I was convinced. If it is this work, I can really try it. I want to try it once. I auditioned like that, so I think it went well again."

Although the actor was convinced about the role, he had a brief doubt about the repercussions of failing the audition. "In the car on the way to the audition, the thought suddenly occurred to me. 'No, wait a minute. If I go to an audition and fail, will there be rumors?'" he said. "Rather than just that, when I read the script, something happened inside of me. It was a complex feeling. I thought it would be new to take a view of Korea through the eyes of foreign people. In terms of filming the history of our country with foreign capital at such a high cost, the question 'Should I do this?' I felt that way," he added.

Earlier this year, speaking with GQ Korea, Lee Min-ho had said that he was auditioning for a role after a decade and could sense the pressure.

Lee Min-ho had shot for the series in South Korea last year before he travelled to Canada to complete the shoot. Several fans spotted the actor at the filming location. The actor had also shared pictures from his last day on the sets on his Instagram account. Besides his show, Lee Min-ho has also been busy with his YouTube channel.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/tv/lee-min-ho-wondered-if-there-would-be-rumours-if-he-failed-pachinko-audition-teases-his-role-101629708336194.html

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Apple and Amazon will also make inroads into South Korea

OTT industries believe that there is a high possibility that other overseas OTT services will continue to enter Korea after Disney+. Amazon Prime of Amazon and Apple TV+ of Apple are representative candidates. Apple plans to unveil "Dr. Brain" starring Lee Sun-kyun based on Korean webtoons and "Pachinko" starring Yoon Yeo-jung and Lee Min-ho in the second half of the year. "In addition to increasing the number of subscribers in the Korean market, foreign OTT companies are expected to actively secure content using webtoon copyrights, K-pop, and K-drama stars. 

https://www.chosun.com/economy/tech_it/2021/08/24/OTP7NK6G3BD4HOG2DF57LUASZM/?utm_source=naver&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=naver-news

• Like 2

What is home, truly: Novels that dig deep into heart-wrenching tales about home, heritage, and history

What is Home , truly? Is it a room with four walls you return to every night? Or is it people, a community that you feel tethered to no matter what physical space you occupy?

This August’s curation of novels digs deep into heart-wrenching tales about home, heritage, and history with books that span across not only nations but generations.

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

This is a story about love, sacrifice, ambition, and loyalty. Chronicling the lives of various characters through several decades, Pachinko is a bestselling historical fiction novel that follows the life of Sunja and the tales of her loved ones.

A sprawling dramatic saga that lasts through wars and cleaving of a nation, this hefty novel is as much about the unrelenting nature of history as it is about the strength and complexities of familial ties.

Set in the early 1900s, Sunja falls for a wealthy travelling stranger in her hometown who gets her pregnant. After discovering that he already has a wife in Japan, she cuts her ties with her lover and accepts an offer of marriage from a sickly minister passing through on his way to Japan.

As she leaves her mother and her quaint seaside home, Sunja tumbles through a life of wartime hardships, immigration, and a deep yearning for a home that has changed through the years.

Pachinko is available on Book Depository.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/what-home-truly-novels-dig-deep-heart-wrenching-tales-about-home-heritage-and-history

• Like 2

Lee Min-ho on playing villain in ‘Pachinko’

Popular Korean actor Lee Min-ho who was last seen in the K-drama The King: Eternal Monarch, is returning to the small screen with upcoming drama Pachinko.

In it the 34-year-old plays the role of Koh Hansu, who Lee described in a new interview with Esquire Korea as “a villain by all means”.

Lee also spoke on why he chose to play the role of an antagonist for the first time: “Now that I’m in my mid-thirties, I prefer to be involved in what’s ‘real’. If it’s far from real, I can’t agree (to the project), and this (selection process) is getting harder and harder.”

Pachinko is an Apple TV+ series based on a novel of the same name, written by Korean American author Min Jin Lee. Filming was done in South Korea and Canada.

The New York Times bestseller spans through eight decades and four generations, as the characters search for identity and success.

The Heirs star shared: “When I got the offer to audition for Pachinko, and read the script, I was convinced that with this project, I could give it a go. I wanted to try it once. I think, thanks to this conviction, the audition went well.”

Lee had revealed in a previous interview that his Pachinko audition was his first after a decade and this caused him to worry briefly.

“In the car on the way to the audition, the thought suddenly occurred to me. ‘No, wait a minute. If I go to an audition and fail, would there be rumours?'”

While Lee is not totally opposed to the fantasy-romance genre in the near future – as some of his more popular dramas fall in this genre namely The King: Eternal Monarch, City Hunter and Legend Of The Blue Sea – he stated that they have to be “a bit different”.

He explained: “There are stories that are realistic and appropriate for each age range – whether that’s a desperate one, or one that heals.

“I don’t think there will be any more stories of showing up to save the female character when she’s in need. When characters grow older, they seldom find themselves in that kind of danger. And women these days also save men.”

https://borneobulletin.com.bn/lee-min-ho-on-playing-villain-in-pachinko/

• Like 3

Bio-data and profile of Lee Min Ho, player in the Korean drama Pachinko, which will air on Apple TV +

Sahrul Sidiq
- August 27, 2021

3131225521.jpg

Lee Min Ho

SUKABUMI MANTRA - Below is the biological data and full profile of Lee Min Ho, a player in the Korean drama Pachinko, which will air on Apple TV +.

The Korean drama Pachinko, which has been filming since October 26, 2020, will air on Apple TV + in 2021. One of these dramas stars handsome actor Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho has joined the drama series Pachinko, a Korean drama adapted from the novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee.

The novel was published in 2017. Korean drama "Pachinko" will air on the recently launched Apple TV + streaming service.

Lee Min Ho is a handsome actor from South Korea, born on June 22, 1987.

As a child, Lee dreamed of becoming a professional footballer.

He was selected to the junior football class by former professional player Cha Boom-kun.

However, when he was in the 5th grade of elementary school, he got injured and since then he had to bury his dream of becoming a football player.

In his second year of high school, Lee began to try his hand at acting.

Lee has an older sister named Lee Young Jung, who is also the CEO of MYM Entertainment, his current agency.

He majored in film and theater at Konkuk University.

Lee Min Ho became widely known in Korea and Asia for his role as Goo Joon Pyo in the 2009 drama Boys Over Flowers.

This role earned him the Best New Actor award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards.

Lee Min Ho is also best known for his leading roles in City Hunter in 2011, Heirs in 2013 and The Legend of the Blue Sea in 2016.

The success of Lee's dramas across Asia has made him one of Hallyu's most famous stars.

He first landed the lead role in Gangnam Blues (2015) and then in his first Chinese film, The Bounty Hunters (2016).

Before starring in the Korean drama Pachinko, Lee Min Ho also successfully played a legon in the Korean drama The Eternal Monarch King opposite Kim Go Eun.

Lee Min Ho is still starring in the Korean drama Pachinko, which will air on Apple TV +.

Biodata from Lee Min Ho, as summarized by mantrasukabumi.com from various sources, is as follows.

Name: Lee Min Ho

Date of birth: 22 June 1987

Place of birth: Seoul, South Korea

Activity: Actor, Singer

Religion: -

Height: 187 cm

Instagram account: @actorleeminho

Such is the biological background and profile of Lee Min Ho, Korean playwright Pachinko, who will be streaming on Apple TV +.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://mantrasukabumi.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-202476965/biodata-dan-profil-lee-min-ho-pemain-drama-korea-pachinko-yang-akan-tayang-di-apple-tv

Bio-data and profile of Kim Min Ha starring Lee Min Ho in Korean drama "Pachinko", "Full", "Age" and "IG Account"

Sahrul Sidiq
- August 27, 2021

1861234917.png

Sukabumi MANTRA - The following is the biographical and full profile of Kim Min Ha opposite Lee Min Ho in the Korean drama Pachinko.

Lee Min Ho is known to be starring in the latest Korean drama, Pachinko, and he is curious who will be his co-star in the film. This is Kim Min Ha.

Kim Min Ha plays Sunju in the Korean drama Pachinko alongside handsome actor Lee Min Ho.

The Korean drama Pachinko, which has been filming since October 26, 2020, will air on Apple TV + in 2021.

Kim Min Ha is a South Korean actress born in September 1995.

He started his career in 2016 with a miniseries called Deux Yeoza: Season 2.

Then his name caught the attention of the public with his adorable performance in the 2018 film After Spring.

The Korean drama Pachinko, which has been filming since October 26, 2020, will air on Apple TV + in 2021.

Kim Min Ha is a South Korean actress born in September 1995.

He started his career in 2016 with a miniseries called Deux Yeoza: Season 2.

Then his name caught the attention of the public with his adorable performance in the 2018 film After Spring.

You can enjoy his latest performance in Killing Wave: Our Space, where he successfully competed in a romance game with Oh Dong Min.

Until now, Kim Min Ha has also starred in the Korean drama Pachinko, which will air on Apple TV +.

A biographical note from Kim Min Ha summarized by mantrasukabumi.com from various sources is as follows.

Name: Kim Min Ha.

Date of birth: September 1995

Born in Seoul, South Korea.

Active year: 2016 - present.

Instagram account: @minhakim_

Thus, complete biographical notes from Kim Min Ha to opposite Lee Min Ho in the Korean drama Pachinko, which will air on Apple TV +.

https://mantrasukabumi.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-202477283/biodata-dan-profil-kim-min-ha-lawan-main-lee-min-ho-dalam-drama-korea-pachinko-lengkap-umur-dan-akun-ig

Jin Ha's bio and profile of Korean playwright Pachinko to be shown on Apple TV +, Complete, Hobbies and IG

Sahrul Sidiq
- August 27, 2021

2313542327.png

SUKABUMI MANTRA - Below is the biology and full profile of Jin Ha, Korean playwright Pachinko, who will air on Apple TV + +.

The Korean drama Pachinko, which has been filming since October 26, 2020, is reportedly set to air in 2021 on Apple TV ++. This drama is one of them starring Jin Ha.

Jin Ha plays Solomon Baek in the drama series Pachinko, a Korean drama adapted from the novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee.

The novel was published in 2017. Korean drama "Pachinko" will air on the recently launched Apple TV ++ streaming service.

Jin Ha is an American actor best known for his roles in the TV series Devs and Love Life, as well as the musical Hamilton.

Jin Ha attended Choat Rosemary Hall High School before going to Columbia University.
At Columbia University, he majored in East Asian languages and cultures.

He attended New York University's Tisch School of the Arts under the Foreign Ministry's Acting Program.

After graduating from high school, Jin Ha landed his first acting job in 2016 on Troilus and Cressida with Shakespeare in the Park.

He then joined the original Chicago Hamilton production company as a member of the Philip Schuler / James Reynolds ensemble and successor to Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, John Lawrence / Philip Hamilton and King George III.

Jin Ha will return to Chicago in 2018 to play Aaron Burr.

In 2017, Jin Ha landed the role of Chinese opera singer Song Lilin opposite Clive Owen in the Broadway revival of David Henry Hwan M.

In 2018, she landed the role of Anna in a live NBC production of Jesus Christ Superstar, which also starred John Legend and Sarah Barel.

In 2020, Jin Ha starred on the FX Developers show and has multiple roles on HBO's Max Love Life alongside Anna Kendrick.

Jin Ha is still starring in the Korean drama Pachinko, which will air on Apple TV + +.

The biodata of Jin Ha, as summarized by mantrasukabumi.com from various sources, is as follows.

Name: JinHa.

Born in Seoul, South Korea.

Citizenship: United States of America.

Active year: 2016 - present.

Activity: Actor.

Hobbies: Music, singing.

Instagram account: @mistterjin

This is the full biography of Jin Ha, Korean playwright Patinko, which will be streaming on Apple TV ++.

https://mantrasukabumi.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-202478004/biodata-dan-profil-jin-ha-pemain-drama-korea-pachinko-yang-akan-tayang-di-apple-tv-lengkap-hobi-dan-akun-ig

Coming to Apple TV+

Pachinko

What it’s about: The best-selling novel Pachinko follows four generations of a Korean immigrant family, following the line from Korea to Japan and finally America. The New York Times named it one of the 10 best books of 2017.

According to Variety, Apple has secured the rights to develop Min Jin Lee’s novel into a series. A later report in The Hollywood Reporter stated that Apple has moved from simply optioning the novel to ordering a full eight episodes. It’s not clear if it’s a single season of a multi-season arc, or just an eight-episode miniseries.

Important names: It will be written and directed by Soo Hugh, who was the showrunner for the first season of AMC’s The Terror. Min-Ho Lee (Boys Over Flowers) and Jin Ha (Devs) will star.

When you can watch: No release date yet.

https://www.macworld.com/article/340717/apple-tv-plus-upcoming-shows-future-moves-series-release-dates-film-television.html

• Like 1

Korean TV Shows Becoming More Popular in US

K-pop has gained international popularity in recent years, but it's not the only South Korean entertainment that's popular outside of the country. South Korean TV shows, often called K-dramas, now have a growing audience in the US.

Streaming site Rakuten Viki has shows from South Korea — as well as other Asian countries — and subscribers from around the world. Its largest audience is from the US, 75% of which is non-Asian.

Other streaming sites are also adding more South Korean shows. Apple TV+ is working on two Korean language projects, one based on the show Dr. Brain, and another on Min Jin Lee's book Pachinko.

In 2021, Netflix is spending nearly $500 million to produce South Korean shows and has worked with major companies in the country, including Studio Dragon and JTBC.

The awareness of K-dramas outside South Korea seems to be growing, said Joan MacDonald, a Forbes writer who covers entertainment from the country. "The number of people that contacted me in the last year and a half to say, 'Oh, I just discovered K-dramas, what do you recommend?' It's significant."

Streaming services have made it easy to watch shows from other countries, but MacDonald believes one reason for the popularity of K-dramas is because they blend genres like K-pop does. She said that you could watch a TV show that "keeps changing genres all the way through."

MacDonald says K-pop fans also try K-dramas because "a lot of K-pop stars are in dramas." She said that a lot of actors start singing careers too.

https://engoo.com/app/daily-news/article/korean-tv-shows-becoming-more-popular-in-us/jacKGAQWEey5C-_V19ncCg

• Like 1

[Top Look] Drama Daejeon, number of victories in native OTT 2021.08.25.

E9nTKG2VoAI4rD9?format=jpg&name=small

Another global company, Apple TV Plus, HBO Max from Warner Bros. and Amazon Prime Video also visit domestic viewers one by one. Among them, Apple TV Plus plans to show original masterpieces such as "Pachinko," starring Yeo Jung Yoon and Lee Min Ho, and "Dr. Brain," starring Song Kyung Lee, concurrently with the launch of the service. Pachinko's production costs are quoted for the season in the Netflix drama Crown 1450, which is getting more industry attention as the cost of producing a blockbuster is comparable to one hundred million won. Translation from korean google

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/277/0004958927?sid=103

Lee Min Ho plays first antagonist in "Pachinko"

Abdul Latif
August 30, 2021

5ea2f32b38859.jpg

Milenianews.com - Lee Min Ho first played the antagonist in Pachinko. Actor born in 1987 admitted that he felt happy playing the antagonist during the interview.

Pachinko itself is a dramatic adaptation of the novel of the same name by a Korean-American writer named Min Jin Lee. Lee Min Ho plays the character Ko Han Soo, whom he considers "a villain at any cost."

Ko Han Soo's character will become Lee Min Ho's first antagonist. “Now that I'm in my thirties, I prefer what is 'real'. If this is far from reality, I disagree with it, and it becomes more and more difficult, ”said Lee Min Ho, quoting Soompi (30/8).

Lee Min Ho confessed that he was very happy to receive an offer to audition for the film Pachinko, especially when he read the script. One of the other factors that convinced Lee Min Ho to pursue the Pachinko project was that the history of Korea would become a film through the eyes of foreigners.

Throughout her acting career, she has starred in a wide variety of roles. However, in some of the projects they are working on, the role of a man saving a woman is often dropped. And this is the first time in the role of the Antagonist.

“I don't think there will be new stories about saving female characters. As they grow older, characters rarely find their side in such danger. And today's women can save men too, ”concluded Lee Min Ho.

Meanwhile, Pachinko is a global project involving Korean, Japanese and English. There will be over eight episodes in this drama. Stay tuned for the latest information on this movie.

https://milenianews.com/2021/08/30/lee-min-ho-pertama-kali-perankan-tokoh-antagonis-di-drama-pachinko/

• Like 1

Lee Jong Suk, Kim Soo Hyun & Lee Min Ho, Hallyu "180 Degrees of Transformation" coming [FOCUS]

Reporter Hae Sung Han

0002985290_001_20210901124610770.jpg?typ

Actors Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Min Ho / Photo = tvN, Star News, SBS

Actors Lee Jong Suk, Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Min Ho are making their comeback to the small screen, and new work from Hallyu stars welcomes fans at home and abroad ...

0002985290_004_20210901124610850.jpg?typ

After King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min Ho will introduce Pachinko to Apple TV as his next work. Pachinko is an American drama based on the bestselling book of the same name by the Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin. It is a piece that depicts the story of a man who penetrated the story through the epic of a family of Korean immigrants spanning four generations.

Lee Min Ho plays Go Han Soo, a merchant who amassed wealth and power through his relationship with the yakuza. A mysterious character, an opportunist, true to his desires and pursuing forbidden love with a secret. We look forward to the many enchantments he will show. Lee Min Ho has finished filming Pachinko.

Reporter Han Hae Sun hhs422@mtstarnews.com

Translation from korean google

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002985290

• Like 1

National Read A Book Day: A Look Into Nasdaq’s Bookshelf

At Nasdaq, we encourage inclusive growth. We also believe in the power of storytelling, which can help create a window into a new world and convey knowledge with limitless potential. On National Read A Book Day, we celebrate book lovers everywhere. Whether it’s for education, self-help, or leisure, our Nasdaq executives share their best reads of the year so far and why these are their favorite selections.

Take a look below and find out if any of these reads made your list as well:

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

spacer.png

Pachinko is a great vacation read - it takes you away to another time and place with plenty of intrigue. 

Karen Snow, SVP, Head of East Coast Listings and Capital Services

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/national-read-a-book-day%3A-a-look-into-nasdaqs-bookshelf-2021-09-02

A row of Hallyu Actors with Upcoming Comeback Drama

This year 2021, will be a special entertainment for Korean drama lovers, because 3 hallyu (Korean Wave) actors officially make a drama comeback, including Lee Min Ho.

It is known, from the beginning of 2021 the three hallyu actors have signed a contract and are in the middle of preparing for a drama. Well, to find out more information, see the review below. 

Lee Min Ho

spacer.png

After successfully starring in the drama The King Eternal Monarch as a comeback after his mandatory military service, Lee Min Ho finally did a casting and was accepted to star in the Apple TV drama titled Pachinko . 

In short, this Pachinko drama will depict the story of an individual and the history of 4 Korean generations. Well, here Lee Min Ho will play the character Go Han Soo, a merchant who has built wealth and power through his relationship with the Yakuza. 

In this Panchinko drama , Lee Min Ho will directly play a mysterious character who pursues his desires and love. 

https://www.msn.com/id-id/hiburan/berita-selebriti/lee-jong-suk-dan-sederet-aktor-hallyu-segera-comeback-drama/ar-AAO2Aq6