[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

16 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

Maybe I should watch Tale of Nokdu while waiting for this drama :) or can anyone recommend me another great romantic historical drama? Anyways, some think they will have sls in here, but i don't think I will... i think i will ship pyeonggang and ondal so much, from the teasers I seen they have great chemistry.. also ondal loves her so much that he'll do anything for her (maybe its not good to be so madly in love with someone so that he/she will go against his/her own principles, but I find it SO romantic!! I <3 unconditional love).  Also, Ondal seems a bit of a underdog, i usually root for the underdog :) and won't the second male's love interest eventually be the second female lead? I seen pics of those 2 and I can feel their chemistry as well. I usually despise love triangles but then again I love Empress Ki...

Not really romance, but a good watch while waiting. My second all time favorite, from the PD of River Where The Moon Rises - DIFFERENT DREAMS. So you may have a background how his directing works with his actors both on drama and action . 

Edited by seunhyel
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

16 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

Maybe I should watch Tale of Nokdu while waiting for this drama :) or can anyone recommend me another great romantic historical drama? Anyways, some think they will have sls in here, but i don't think I will... i think i will ship pyeonggang and ondal so much, from the teasers I seen they have great chemistry.. also ondal loves her so much that he'll do anything for her (maybe its not good to be so madly in love with someone so that he/she will go against his/her own principles, but I find it SO romantic!! I <3 unconditional love).  Also, Ondal seems a bit of a underdog, i usually root for the underdog :) and won't the second male's love interest eventually be the second female lead? I seen pics of those 2 and I can feel their chemistry as well. I usually despise love triangles but then again I love Empress Ki...

yes! tale of nokdu is really good drama.

This will be on soon.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

19 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

yes! tale of nokdu is really good drama.

i may or may not have watched it 4 times... :P

5 minutes ago, yeli said:

Go Geon looking so damn fine in Gugoryeo attire:love:

I’ll be like Mulan grandmother, “ooh, sign me up for the next war” :kiss_wink:

5 minutes ago, yeli said:

Romeo and Juliet but unrequited:sweat_smile:

maybe it’s good that it’s unrequited so that they both won’t die unlike the Shakespeare play :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, yeli said:
Go Geon looking so damn fine in Gugoryeo attire:love:

Romeo and Juliet but unrequited:sweat_smile:

Wow Love! With the characters, it looks like that this drama is now a Yoon PD Drama = all those actions, politics and heartbreaking romance.  I'm excited! I hope my case of second lead syndrome wont be as painful as Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny, that Young Lord In Gyu only got a chance to protect the princess in the end. hehe

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3

1 hour ago, seunhyel said:

I hope my case of second lead syndrome wont be as painful as Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny, that Young Lord In Gyu only got a chance to protect the princess in the end. hehe

you better prepare yourself some heart medicine in advance :bawling::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Kang Ha Neul Is A Charismatic General Protecting His Kingdom In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” released the first set of stills of Kang Ha Neul!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo).

Kang Ha Neul has taken on the role of On Dal’s father, general On Hyup. As the chief of the Sunnobu tribe and a general for Goguryeo, he is respected by the people of Goguryeo. His gentle charisma is showcased clearly in the sneak preview of his character.

In the new stills, general On Hyup looks reliable in his thick suit of armor. General On Hyup and the Sunnobu tribe are currently in charge of defending the borders. The difficulties and hardships he has faced in order to protect Goguryeo is conveyed by his prominent aura. On Hyup’s powerful gaze highlights his readiness to protect his tribe and Goguryeo from any danger.

Kang-Ha-Neul-3.jpg

Kang-Ha-Neul.jpg

Another image captures On Hyup’s sincere and affectionate expression. Although he exudes powerful charisma when he’s working as a general to protect Goguryeo’s borders, On Hyup reveals his warmhearted nature when he interacts with those who are not his enemies.

Kang-Ha-Neul-2.jpg

Following his sweet and affectionate role in KBS’s “When the Camellia Blooms,” Kang Ha Neul will be making a shocking transformation with the upcoming drama. A source from the drama shared, “Kang Ha Neul transformed into general On Hyup as he is exactly in the script and showcased his passionate and charismatic acting. All the staff members were impressed by Kang Ha Neul’s acting as he created a different atmosphere from his usual image. Please look forward to Kang Ha Neul’s new transformation into general On Hyup, who will leave a powerful impact from the beginning of the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452232wpp/kang-ha-neul-is-a-charismatic-general-protecting-his-kingdom-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, elan1 said:
omg ondal dad looks so good! I ship him with sohyun so bad 

You are  not alone :joy:

9 Historical K-Dramas Of 2021

Are you a fan of historical drama? Last year only 4 historical dramas were released: "Kingdom 2", "King Maker: The Change of Destiny", "Mr. Queen", and "Royal Secret Agent".

In 2021, there will be plenty of historical dramas. A few are already confirmed and a lot of actors are also in talks for a historical drama. Let's have a look at them.

We will update this list throughout the year so stay tuned!

2. "River Where The Moon Rises"

9 Historical K-Dramas Of 2021

KBS

When: From Feb. 15 on KBS and Viu

Cast: Kim SoHyunJi Soo

Summary: It tells the love story of PyeongGang who uses OnDal's feelings to become an empress and of OnDal who made foolish sacrifices.

Why watch?: You can expect perfect acting and amazing chemistry between the leads. Looking at the teasers and the still cuts, the drama promises a lot of action and beautiful scenes and of course a romantic plot (with most likely some tears)!

For more about the drama, you can check our cast and summary here.

https://www.kpopmap.com/9-historical-kdramas-of-2021/

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, elan1 said:

excited! cant wait! 2ml looks so dashing! :wub:

@Ameera Ali are you going to watch this drama too like you did with tales of nokdu? It has been so long since we last interacted :lol:

He’s pretty good looking indeed. I read somewhere that the 2ml has Been in love with the fl for a long time ...so i’m a bit worrried i get sls lol . If he had fallen in love with the fl about same time as the ml (or later) i wouldn’t be worrying as much xD i feel sorry for those who Been in love with that someone for many years but that person doesnt feel the same way and  even falls in love with someone else :( must be soooo painful ... !! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Vera Vainio said:

He’s pretty good looking indeed. I read somewhere that the 2ml has Been in love with the fl for a long time ...so i’m a bit worrried i get sls lol . If he had fallen in love with the fl about same time as the ml (or later) i wouldn’t be worrying as much xD i feel sorry for those who Been in love with that someone for many years but that person doesnt feel the same way and  even falls in love with someone else :( must be soooo painful ... !! 

Ah, Vera, there’s a rule that we can’t quote photos/ig post in our post. Yeah I personally think it’s an unnecessary rule since it can be hidden now :lol: just a heads up~ 

IKR he is too good looking! You can join my SLS boat too lol I share similar sentiments. Maybe there’s a chance FL also met Ml when they were kids too but she forgotten? :lol: Despite potential SLS, I also already love Ondal, so I’m still happy although I will feel sad for him. 

@rocher22 I just recalled that we interacted in secret boutique forum in the past :lol: are you going to participate here too? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, yeli said:

KHN still cuts shared by TH Company.

He looks so fine :love:

3 hours ago, yeli said:

New poster!!!! The emotions

I’m jumping :glasses:

2 hours ago, seunhyel said:

More resemblance. haha The new poster!  waiting for the HD vers. 

Nice correlation :)

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

55 minutes ago, yeli said:

@seunhyel you really love this PD, I hope through RWTMR I’ll get to watch his past works too.

@elan1 the casts are all good looking even the supposedly ugly looking Ondal.lol

HMY looks amazing too! :wub: You’re right! The entire cast is attractive! I bet it’s FL idea to spread the rumor that ondal is ugly so that all the girls can stay away from her man :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4